Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 7: November 2006 - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the mistake, GlitteringTiaras...BUT, I did say the jacket was SIMILAR not the SAME or identical...I think it is in keeping with Mary's style...bit offbeat, egdy but conservative...

Her_Majesty said:
Maybe she just wanted to look a bit more "serious" after all those "shopping" scandals. ;)
)

Yessssss you are right....!!!she needed to seems a little more serious… like a princess and not like a fashion victim. At the end the haircut is going to be a good idea.Good Mary!!!!:lol:

Last edited:
Her_Majesty said:
Maybe she just wanted to look a bit more "serious" after all those "shopping" scandals. ;)

Shopping scandals, what did I miss?:ohmy:

crisscross1 said:
Shopping scandals, what did I miss?:ohmy:
There were some discussions about Ps mary spending to much money on clothes.

That jacket was wasted on black pants...what about a beautiful black pencil skirt and a white high-necked blouse (simple not fussy)???

And why must one hide a pregnancy???? It's not an abnormal condition. Good grief, I cannot wait to have children, and am looking forward to the day that I cannot see my toes for my baby belly.

Again, way too much emphasis on disguising anything but perfection. Aargh.

I love the new haircut, it really has "freshened" her up. But I'm not so sure about the short waisted jacket, Maybe when she's not pregnant?!?!?

evnovoros said:
For me Mary looks like Aleksandra with the new haircut...

Yeah...same style, Bobstyle, and that's the style which Alexandra always has

Lady Bluffton said:
That jacket was wasted on black pants...what about a beautiful black pencil skirt and a white high-necked blouse (simple not fussy)???

And why must one hide a pregnancy???? It's not an abnormal condition. Good grief, I cannot wait to have children, and am looking forward to the day that I cannot see my toes for my baby belly.

Again, way too much emphasis on disguising anything but perfection. Aargh.

You know, not all women when they are pregnant feel like wearing clothes that show it off. Sometimes, they feel like covering their bellies up. What's the problem with that? Do you want her walking around in belly shirts and hip-huggers?

And who said anything about "disgusing anything but perfection"?

Wow! I have to say I like her new hair cut. I will be very interested to see how it works with a tiara at the next gala event. I wonder if it is still long enough to wear up in a style?

I'm sorry to have to disagree - I don't like the new 'do. But she's pregnant, and supossedly hair grows like crazy during pregnancy so I have hope it'll be long again soon.

Lady Bluffton said:
No it's not an abnormal condition, but why the apparent need to share the stretch marks and distended belly with strangers! :ermm:
If she chooses to dress for comfort and to her own style, good for her.

Last edited:
I just saw a new pictures of Princess Mary's new haircut. I really love it. I think it is a very sophisticated look. I think she has exceptional taste.

I think Mary looks great, and I am constantly amazed at how people like us, who know nothing of her life or the decisions that she makes have so many opinions about why she does x,y, and z. She is a young professional mother who cut her hair and wears different pregnancy outfits - leave it at that!

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2007/01/30/mary-look/

Last week, Princess Mary appeared with a new haircut, and surprised the attendants to an act in the Copenhagen Museum. The wife of Prince Frederick confessed to the tabloid "BT" that this haircut was not an easy decision, but a thoughtful decision. The new look of Mary seems to obey to a strategy from the Danish Royal House, in order to make her look more mature, at the age of 34.

During the last months, Mary has concentrated her activity in organizations of more social weight, searching this way a more serious profile than her previous. For that reason, she has resigned to attend the opening of the Copenhagen fashion fair, although it has been one of her main fields of interest, during the last years.

"The new look of Mary seems to obey to a strategy from the Danish Royal House, in order to make her look more mature, at the age of 34. "
I didn't know they had a strategy for that ??:rolleyes:

"During the last months, Mary has concentrated her activity in organizations of more social weight, searching this way a more serious profile than her previous. For that reason, she has resigned to attend the opening of the Copenhagenfashion fair, although it has been one of her main fields of interest, during the last years."

Hmm wonder if the person who wrote this for Hola has checked the official website where an official visit at CIFF is scheduled for 11 February in Mary's capacity as patron.:rolleyes:

I like the haircut, it will work really well with hats and it is still versatile.

PRINCESS MARY BECOMES QUEEN OF THE CROP

Princess Mary unveiled her a new style for crowning glory as she attended a charity event in Copenhagen recently. The fashionable royal, who is expecting her second child in May, turned even more heads than normal as she showed off not only her growing baby bump but a flattering new hairstyle.

She looks great. I love the hairdo. It looks wonderful.

rmc27 said:
I think Mary looks great, and I am constantly amazed at how people like us, who know nothing of her life or the decisions that she makes have so many opinions about why she does x,y, and z. She is a young professional mother who cut her hair and wears different pregnancy outfits - leave it at that!

Yes, I understand what you are saying but she's not an ordinary person like you and me. She's the princess of Denmark. She's married to the future king of Denmark and has given birth to another future king of Denmark. Doesn't mean she can't be who she is and be real, I totally want her to do that. But the fact remains that we look at her and know about her because she has a job as a princess to do. So it might seem silly from time to time that we all debate her so much but it's the position she's in, it comes with the territory.

quote from Elsa M.: "The new look of Mary seems to obey to a strategy from the Danish Royal House, in order to make her look more mature, at the age of 34."

That's kind of weird to me. I really understand that she gets stylists to suggest things for her and help her out with her image. It's just that I really hope she got the haircut because she wanted the haircut. I completely understand that she's a princess and there's an image there to uphold but princess or not I really hope she wasn't forced or coerced. :sad:

Besides does longer hair make one appear as though they are not mature? I hope not I have long hair!

Last edited by a moderator:
rmc27 said:

This is called a forum after all, a place where people come to voice their own opinions, just as you are voicing yours. But imagine how boring the world would be if we smiled sweetly and said how pretty Mary's x,y and z were in an effort not to upset !!! :)

Aurora810 said:
quote from Elsa M.: "The new look of Mary seems to obey to a strategy from the Danish Royal House, in order to make her look more mature, at the age of 34."

That's kind of weird to me. I really understand that she gets stylists to suggest things for her and help her out with her image. It's just that I really hope she got the haircut because she wanted the haircut. I completely understand that she's a princess and there's an image there to uphold but princess or not I really hope she wasn't forced or coerced. :sad:

As UserDane already pointed out in post 94 this article of hola is complete nonsense.
First, Mary is obviously following a fashion trend. I personally think she wanted to be trendy not look more mature.
Second, she has not given up her patronage for Copenhagen Int. Fashion Fair and Designer's Nest. And there will be a fashion engagement in February.
Third, she became patron of the Children's Aid Foundation a few weeks after she became patron of CIFF. Regarding her patronages there hasn't been much of a change in the last months.

It's really strange to see how the media is creating an image that has nothing to do with the actual facts.
First they unfairly claim she is only attending fashion shows and then they claim she wants to change her image.
They really should have a look at the DRF's online calendar. :ROFLMAO:

And if Mary really would have wanted to change her image and appear more serious and less fashionable
then it would have been a bad move to start her change with a new haircut.
It took the attention away from the cause and to her look again.
(On the other hand hola and others may never have reported about the cause without the new haircut.:ROFLMAO:)

Last edited:
GlitteringTiaras said:
Xeara, the jacket from the Danish Defence Force parade, a couple of days before her wedding, looks nothing like the one she wore to the Children's Aid. The DDF jacket had long sleeves with distinct cuffs, and overall the jacket was a boxy, straight fit.

The bell sleeve cropped A-lined shaped jacket with rounded exaggerated collar, worn at today's event, is very Burberry London, Stella McCartney, and Phillip Lim:

[URL="http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/15794"]Burberry London[/URL]

[URL="http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/20066"]Stella McCartney[/URL]

[URL="http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/16148"]Phillip Lim[/URL]

I see the look she was going for, but I don't believe it worked for her. Instead of wearing the tight black shirt, Mary should have opted for a loose fitting silk blouse instead with the tight black mens pant.

jacket designer - such styles are in fashion again for spring season.

mary looks so good in this pragnency. her hair cut and the hair styling is so perfect. i like it.

in a german magazin are an articel about her hair cut. the say she do it because she has problems with frederik and she is jealousy on alexandra and joachims new girlfrind.

i think she simply wants a new look. the short hair are only simply practical with two children. even if she gets much assistance.

She looks amazing! The hairdo is the best thing she could have ever done. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom