Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 6: May - November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
biboquinhas said:
I think Princess Mary didn't interact very mucht with the children in this visit. After seeing the video I think she didn't fell at home!

You know, when I read your post I thought "What video?" :ermm: but then I looked back on the other posts and found the video. After watching it I have to agree with you. She didn't interact very much with the kids. First, the little girl that handed her the flowers was very shy and didn't want to talk with her, then it seemed that the other little kids were to young to actually be aware of who was there waving at them and trying to say hello(IMO). But besides that, she just seemed really uncomfortable, fidgety, anxious to get this over with. That's the impression I got. Maybe she wasn't feeling well, and I'm not refering to the possiblility of her being preganant. :flowers:

Well, I definatley think that we will hear an announcement over the next month. But, we shall see... :flowers:

Interesting video of this event. Has anyone else noticed that the lady-in-waiting looks more like a princess in dress, style and demeanor than Mary? Also, in the video I noticed that she displayed those odd head-tilting/blinking mannerisms when she turned to speak to the lady-in-waiting during the children's recital. (She looked like she had about had it with the children's singing.) These mannerisms are exactly what people object to about Mary. Maybe she was just tired, and maybe she is pregnant as everyone suspects. But it's a turnoff, nonetheless.

I think it's quite unfair to imply that Mary isn't as "regal" as she should be. The fact is that Mary is human just like everyone else. Why should she not be allowed to act like a human?-Just because she's a princess means that any "head-tilting/blinking mannerisms" are inappropriate? I really think that is unfair.

fanletizia said:
dl115318001vj9.jpg

Thanks for all the lovely photos and video.
Crown Princess Mary is stunning here- a bit tired but still looked wonderful. The colour of the suit looked great on her. Love the coat she is wearing for the donation of the Danish Mental Health Fund -one of my favourites.

If she is pregnant, then they will probably announce it after Pr Christian's birthday.

Stella

I think they could announce it on the 16th

magnik said:
Mary looks quite beautiful and her lady-in-waiting toofashion style.

I repeat that what I wrote few months ago: if I wouldn't know who is who I would say that Mary's lady-in-waiting is a princess.

I agree, this woman really look like a fairy-tale princess . It's the first time I see her . Mary is very average-looking comparing to her :ohmy: !

Poor Mary! It's not bad enough that she is under constant scrutiny for what she does/doesn't do. Now the extent to which she is a "fairy-tale princess" is under comparison. We all know there is no such thing in reality. She, like me, is an Australian girl, who grew up with very little everyday exposure to royalty (except for the rubbish written in the tabloids about the British royals). She is doing the best she can. She looks lovely and if she occasionally demonstrates behaviours which are less than princess-like then so be it. I'd hate to be under the constant pressure that she is to live up to others' expectations every day of my life. In the last couple of years she's become a wife, a princess and a mother. I'm only two of those things and I find it difficult at times. I really think we need to be a little more understanding.

KelliB said:
Poor Mary! It's not bad enough that she is under constant scrutiny for what she does/doesn't do. Now the extent to which she is a "fairy-tale princess" is under comparison. We all know there is no such thing in reality. She, like me, is an Australian girl, who grew up with very little everyday exposure to royalty (except for the rubbish written in the tabloids about the British royals). She is doing the best she can. She looks lovely and if she occasionally demonstrates behaviours which are less than princess-like then so be it. I'd hate to be under the constant pressure that she is to live up to others' expectations every day of my life. In the last couple of years she's become a wife, a princess and a mother. I'm only two of those things and I find it difficult at times. I really think we need to be a little more understanding.

No, I didn't want to say that Mary has no "fairy-tale princess" behaviour, neither did I say that she is not doing the best she can .
But it was just an opinion concerning her physical appearance : her lady-in-waiting has such a graceful and beautiful face that she looks like what I consider to be a "fairy-tale princess" and , to me, Mary doesn't . That's all I wanted to say .:)

Mary's LIW Caroline seems to be a nice lady and I have no reason to 'pick' on her; but should we take appearances only - and their roles were reversed - Caroline would in all probablity be 'picked on' for many reasons - her 'high-flying' set of teeth for example and Mary's nice more usual set of teeth would be favourably compared.

Caroline is a nice-looking person and is probably very nice to be with and she and Mary probably have very good relations but I do not in any way see the 'outshining' qualities in Caroline which many - and I'm not referring especially to you Anita - have commented on.

Fair enough, but my post was intended as a response to all the naysayers who give her such a hard time. :)

Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. :rolleyes:
For me, CPs Mary is outstanding not because of her height , her looks but her charisma. I do not notice her lady-in-waiting at all. She may be tall but she does not have the princess look. In fact I prefer her previous lady in waiting who I missed terribly. But it is good to know that both CPs Mary and the present L-I-W are good friends and can get along with each other.

Last edited:
Harmony said:
Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. :rolleyes:
For me, CPs Mary is outstanding not because of her height , her looks but her charisma. I do not notice her lady-in-waiting at all. She may be tall but she does not have the princess look. In fact I prefer her previous lady in waiting who I missed terribly. But it is good to know that both CPs Mary and the present L-I-W are good friends and can get along with each other.

Hi Harmony :flowers:

You took the words right out of my mouth. I agree with you wholeheartedly!

For me, Mary's present lady-in-waiting Caroline does not have the princess look bacause she definitely has no charisma. If she does not have the RED hair, I do not notice her at all.

I also prefer Mary's previous lady-in-waiting because she looks more classy and elegant! In particular, she has decent set of teeth when compared to Caroline who looks ugly when she smiles and laughs owing to Caroline's high-flying set of teeth! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
biboquinhas said:
I think Princess Mary didn't interact very mucht with the children in this visit. After seeing the video I think she didn't fell at home!

Well, there is another video where she is clearly interacting with the children.
http://www.dr.dk/extention/playWindowsMediaODP.aframe?id=232477&ListType=nyheder&bitrate=high

Photos and videos can be deceiving because the first only show the split of a moment
and the second only a manipulated version of the reality.

On the other hand I agree with some that she looked a bit tired.

well I think picutures can really be deceiving but videos no!!!We can clearle see what we want in videos! And my opinion is that Mary really wants the event to end soon, she was not fun to be there. Her Lady in waiting does look gorgeaus, very beautiful indeed!

Anita said:
I agree, this woman really look like a fairy-tale princess . It's the first time I see her . Mary is very average-looking comparing to her :ohmy: !

I agree with you! Mary's LIW is completely stunning in a very natural-looking way (while Mary's look is somewhat manufactured). The eye goes to the LIW first--well, mine does, anyway :flowers: ! She's an extraordinarily beautiful woman.

Isn't there a separate thread for Mary's LIW? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/marys-lady-waiting-2311.html) It's tiring after every event to see comments like "Caroline's so much prettier!" or "She's more princessey". I respect everyone's opinions and do like Caroline myself but to me it has no relevance to Mary's current events and it happens usually after every event. Caroline is not a princess, she is simply a woman who is there to help Mary, who is the Crown Princess of Denmark.

Last edited:
I personally think Mary is pregnant. The jacket she is wearing doesnt fit her the way it use too. Not in a I have had one child and it will never fit me the same way but that i am pregnant way.

I don't think she is.. .however, wouldn't it be a great coincidence if she would be pregnant again the same time as Laetitia?

I wouldn't be surprised if she is pregnant too, afterall these princesses are in their 30's and they're building a family. I think every 1-2 years they will be pregnant until they hit that number of kids they want to have. I think 3-4 is a good number.

Linda Hsu said:
For me, Mary's present lady-in-waiting Caroline does not have the princess look bacause she definitely has no charisma. If she does not have the RED hair, I do not notice her at all.

I don't agree . You can have charisma when you are, I would say, "allowed" to have it : Caroline's job is to always stand behind Mary and not to overshadow her . Everyone has remarked the great beauty of this woman, although it's Mary who has all people's attention fixed on her . THAT is, to me, charisma . Mary seems to have charisma to some people (not especially to me :lol: ) only because everyone knows she is the Crown Princess of Denmark . If it was the other way around, I truly think noone would notice Mary ...But that's just my opinion .:flowers:

soCal girl said:
Isn't there a separate thread for Mary's LIW? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/marys-lady-waiting-2311.html) It's tiring after every event to see comments like "Caroline's so much prettier!" or "She's more princessey". I respect everyone's opinions and do like Caroline myself but to me it has no relevance to Mary's current events and it happens usually after every event. Caroline is not a princess, she is simply a woman who is there to help Mary, who is the Crown Princess of Denmark.

I agree with you SoCal!
For me is Mary prettier than Caroline and also she has charisma and everything what one princess needs.

Anita said:
If it was the other way around, I truly think noone would notice Mary ...But that's just my opinion .:flowers:

Hm, I'm sure Crown Prince Frederick has known Caroline Heering for a long time as she moves in the circles of High Society in Denmark. But he saw Mary once and fell for her... So "truly noone" is not right, right? Mary must have something that is engaging. If only for one person. This person being her husband. And thus, she is Crown Princess while Caroline is not.

Jo of Palatine said:
Hm, I'm sure Crown Prince Frederick has known Caroline Heering for a long time as she moves in the circles of High Society in Denmark.

I think Frederik knows Caroline very well as she is the wife of his best friend Peter Heering... In turn Peter's mother Susanne Herring is one of the best friends of Frederik's mother - Queen Margrethe II - they dance ballet together among other things.... Then again the grand parents of Peter Heering were close frinds of Frederik's grandparents King Frederik IX and Queen Ingrid. So Caroline's family is no stranger to the Danish royal house...

Jo of Palatine said:
Hm, I'm sure Crown Prince Frederick has known Caroline Heering for a long time as she moves in the circles of High Society in Denmark. But he saw Mary once and fell for her... So "truly noone" is not right, right? Mary must have something that is engaging. If only for one person. This person being her husband. And thus, she is Crown Princess while Caroline is not.

Love has nothing to do with charisma . You can fell for an ugly person . That's what is beautiful with this feeling ...:flowers:

Anita said:
Everyone has remarked the great beauty of this woman, although it's Mary who has all people's attention fixed on her .

Are you sure everyone in this board or else where ? :lol: As far as I can see are those people who are not really fans of CPs Mary but of other princesses. :)

Great pictures of Princess Mary!
She looked gorgeous!
It's fun to follow the "is she pregnant, or not" speculations.
Let's see. Imo, she really looks a bit pregnant...
But maybe it's just in our heads. :lol:
It would be lovely if she is pregnant... then we would have a Baby-Boom year 2007 like in 2005 when all the Royal babies (Alexia, Christian, Leonor and so on) were born.

biboquinhas said:
well I think picutures can really be deceiving but videos no!!!We can clearle see what we want in videos! And my opinion is that Mary really wants the event to end soon, she was not fun to be there. Her Lady in waiting does look gorgeaus, very beautiful indeed!

The videos lasted ~2 minutes, the visit lasted much longer.
In the first video they show her arrival and her listening to a concert (therefore not much interaction of course).
In the second they concentrate on the children and show Mary's interaction with them.

JP and DR chose what they showed to the public, they obviously cut and therefore manipulated both films.
We cannot see what we want but what the editors want us to see.
I made a course in filmmaking once and they showed us
how you can make two completely different films with different meanings out of the same film material.
So, of course videos/films in general are deceiving.

And they can be interpreted in different ways.
You clearly saw that she had no fun to be there.
I saw a woman who was a little bit tired but interacted very nicely with the children (in the second video).
Neither of us knows for sure what was going on in her mind.

Tinika said:
Mary's LIW is completely stunning in a very natural-looking way (while Mary's look is somewhat manufactured).

I had a completely different feeling.
Mary looked very natural to me at this event
whereas her l-i-w looked somewhat manufactured.

I think Caroline is most noticed whenever she is not wearing a hat.
Therefore I think it's her red hair that catches the eyes and not her face which is quite average and not very expressive.
Mary has a much more exquisite face with lively expressions IMO.
Whenever Caroline is wearing a hat I don't notice her at all.
I don't call that charisma.:lol:

But she seems to be a nice lady and they seem to get along well with each other.
That's the most important thing.

Anita said:
Everyone has remarked the great beauty of this woman, although it's Mary who has all people's attention fixed on her . THAT is, to me, charisma . Mary seems to have charisma to some people (not especially to me :lol: ) only because everyone knows she is the Crown Princess of Denmark . If it was the other way around, I truly think noone would notice Mary ...But that's just my opinion .:flowers:

Everyone?
I don't think Mary is a great beauty but she has an exquisite, unusual face and charisma IMO, crownprincess or not.
And I truely think noone would have noticed Caroline's "great beauty" (which she does not posess IMO)
if it weren't one way of putting Mary down. (I don't call that charisma either. :lol:)
But that's just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
ricarda said:
And I truely think noone would have noticed Caroline's "great beauty" (which she does not posess IMO)
if it weren't one way of putting Mary down. (I don't call that charisma either. :lol:)

I didn't want to put Mary down, but rather put Caroline high ...:p
But, it seems we can't say anything relating to Mary without praising her . It's very tiring sometimes .:ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom