Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 6: January-October 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like her new short hairstyle - it's very becoming and i might even go as far as to say it suits her better than her long hairstyle.

Despite what has been said, I think she sparkle and looked totally at ease with other royals during King Harald's celebration.

So they will move from Chancellery house to Amalienborg? When? Such a big Palace, they must put it really cosy otherwise they will be lost inside!!!

Amalienborg is a very big palace but I understand that is divided into "apartments". One is for the Queen and Prince Henrik, another one for CP Frederick and Mary and another one for Joachim. I believe there are more apartments that are used for official visits, etc.

I'm sure Fred and Mary's apartment will be spacious but they won't get lost in it. It is the same thing with Frederesborg, the palace is very big but the live in the Chancellory House which is just a smaller part of the entire palace.

biboquinhas said:
So they will move from Chancellery house to Amalienborg? When? Such a big Palace, they must put it really cosy otherwise they will be lost inside!!!

Actually Amalienborg is made up of multiple palaces- four to be exact. They are Christian IX's palace, Christian VIII's palace, Christian VII's palace, and Frederik VIII's palace. Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik live in Christian IX's palace, and Frederik VIII's palace was the home of Queen Ingrid until she died in 2000. Frederik and Mary will take up residence in Frederik VIII's palace, when renovations are complete. (I'm not sure when that will be, because it's be going on for a while)
Here is the page about Amalienborg on the DRF website
There are pictures of the Amalienborg palace in the Danish Royal Residences thread.

i like the tunic/dress and i like the picture from norway too. but i don't like the fur trend in the royal families.

Sorry, all the most recent photos (last week or so) indicate that Fred nears a haircut. What's up with the long hair? But isn't it cute how it gets a little wave to it???

:flowers:

People keep saying she didn't look comfortable maybe she didn't feel well.

Could you at least prove us with pictures that she wasn't "comfortable" ? Because I really, really don't see it.

I do think though, that you could read from her smile that she was tired. Especially the second night, and who can blame her, I mean, she's pregnant.. But I find all this talk about loss of spark a little .. hmm , weird ?

Last edited:
Mary never looks as relaxed as she does normally when she is in the company of other royal families.

Other reasons could have been:

A) Baby was busy dancing to the music (;))
B) Indigestion (too much rich food)
C) Just plain tired

Personally, I think she looked like she was enjoying herself immensely. :flowers:

Last edited:
RachelD said:
Other reasons could have been:

A) Baby was busy dancing to the music (;))
B) Indigestion (too much rich food)
C) Just plain tired

Personally, I think she looked like she was enjoying herself immensely. :flowers:

I've seen enough pictures to believe that she had a lot fun and a very good rapport with some other royals.

Eliza said:
I really like her new short hairstyle - it's very becoming and i might even go as far as to say it suits her better than her long hairstyle.

Despite what has been said, I think she sparkle and looked totally at ease with other royals during King Harald's celebration.

I completely agree with you. Mary looked very sweet, relaxed and happy with other royals during King Harald's celebration. :flowers:

I've also seen enough pictures to believe that Mary had lots of fun and was totally at ease and relaxation during last weekend in Norway.

Last edited:
I speak under correction but The BRF was the only Royal family that Mary wasn't that well acquainted with in comparison to the other European families. Looking at her rapport with Pr Edward she looked to be very at ease so I would say that Mary was more than comfortable in the presence of the other Royals and was definitely enjoying herself.

Stellad

Can we say anything a little negative about mary and not get swamped with emails about how perfect she is.....

juliana said:
Mary never looks as relaxed as she does normally when she is in the company of other royal families.

I agree with your post. I think Mary is one of the most charming Princesses, but she seems to be much more relaxed in Denmark than abroad in presence of other royals. I am not saying she was not enjoying the King Harald's Gala but she doesn't seem so confident as normally. Even her gala dresses or outfits tend to be too simple and dull compared to the dresses she wears in Denmark's galas.

Piaa said:
Can we say anything a little negative about mary and not get swamped with emails about how perfect she is.....

You can say anything negative about Mary that you like Piaa, but I'm afraid that, I for one won't agree with you because although I don't think Mary is perfect, they are my favorite royal couple. :)
I do think that as this is a forum we are all entitled to our opinions, just as you are. JMO.

I don't think that having an opposite opinion on Mary makes her perfect. I don't beleive there are any perfect people on earth. I think that there may be many reasons why she may have not looked as happy as people have said she should. It is all speculation on all our parts none of us know if she was or was not comfortable.

Last edited:
the woman is also what..7 months pregnant? give her a break!! i can imagine a long night like this all these celebrations are bound to take their toll on you too..even if you do have a personal assistant, maid, hairdresser and make up artist looking after you..i bet there are many times where she'd thought she'd rather stay home in her tracksuit pants and watch a DVD, eat take out and be lazy..rather than go to another royal ball ;)

I wish she'd worn the Ruby parure with her wine colored velvet gown...
Just imagine!! But her wedding tiara and earings still made a dazzling display.

I think she tries too hard to look very royal and elegant and everything else that comes with her title. Just my opinion, but I think she rubs the wrong way. She is so stiff, she looks fake even though she must be a wonderful, wonderful lady.

Roxsteve said:
I think she tries too hard to look very royal and elegant and everything else that comes with her title. Just my opinion, but I think she rubs the wrong way. She is so stiff, she looks fake even though she must be a wonderful, wonderful lady.

I have the same mix feelings towards her. I have gone back and forth about how feel about her. Its been years since she came on too the scene and I still feel the same. One minute I think she's improved in that she seemed more relaxed and real and the next minute I think she's trying too hard and seems really uncomfortable and so comes across as being phony.

I don't see what you all are talking about. I really, really don't.

I wish she'd worn the Ruby parure with her wine colored velvet gown...
Just imagine!! But her wedding tiara and earings still made a dazzling display.

She can't take the Parure out of the country, if I remember what I read here correctly. So she can only wear it during official functions in Denmark.

Sister Morphine said:
She can't take the Parure out of the country, if I remember what I read here correctly. So she can only wear it during official functions in Denmark.

Not so Sister Morphine ;)

The Queen Desiree parure can leave Denmark, and has on a number of State visits in the past (Queen Ingrid).

Mary is 'free' to take the parure wherever she likes as it is not part of the crown estate (jewels), though it would be seen as somewhat pretentious I would imagine (for the likes of Carl Gustav or Harald's Birthdays) for the Crown Princess to put on such a display when the occasion is not intimately reflective of her role or station.

Last edited:
seto said:
People keep saying she didn't look comfortable maybe she didn't feel well.

Maybe the marinated Moose that was on the menu didnt go down to well lol
Personally, I thought she was fine, according to the pictures I saw.

Maybe the marinated Moose that was on the menu didnt go down to well
:lol:

I also see no evidence of any uncomfortedness in the photos. In fact she looked very happy and relaxed mingling with the others Royals like CPs Mathilde, CPs Mette Marit, Prince Edward, CPs Victoria. I think for a pregnant woman due in April/early May, she looked fantastic.

Piaa said:
On this forum? No!

Remember it was the first time she wore a tiara with short hair. Perhaps she was less than pleased with the results. Did she bring her hairdresser along?

Roxsteve said:
I absolutely agree! IMO, she could use some lessons from Lady Helen Taylor. Just as royal (if not more since she was born with a title) and 100 times more elegant and she doesn't looks like she tries at all.

I think that's why it looks easy for Helen she was born with the title. She is who she is. Mary has had to learn her role and not an easy thing I would think when you have to do it in front of the press.

Pia said:

Little_star said:
On this forum? No!

The same situation exists on most of the other forums where one can't utter a single negative comment about the Crown Princesses without being harrassed. Some of us haven't outgrown the "My crown princess is better than your crown princess" attitude as I've noticed during King Harald 70th Birthday Celebrations. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom