Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 3: Oct. 2004 - May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia has different rules about maintaing dual citizenship and it is not always possible to adopt a new citizenship outside of the Commonwealth and retain your australian citizenship.

Dennism said:
Just a short post for now. I was told that this photo from the Greenland trip was never posted before. Here are Frederik and Mary in a pinch:
holy ****! how dare of him! if his the HM Queen mother would found out about pinch of the couples or not! wait and see!

Sara Boyce

Last edited by a moderator:
i usually like Mary's style but i think the white suit she wore made her shoulders looks somewhat braod

hahaha...and Frederick's pinching is cute...perhaps he was aiming for somewhere else hahaha

sorry, i meant to post this news here but i posted in it in Crown Princess Mary news, but here goes: Fred and Mary are to arrive in Australia for an official and private visit
Princess Mary is coming home
By Miranda Korzy
November 18, 2004

CROWN Princess Mary of Denmark and her husband Crown Prince Frederik will make their first official visit to Australia next March to celebrate the 200th birthday of Danish storyteller Hans Christian Andersen.

0,3600,397093,00.jpg
Back where it all began ... the crown prince and princess can expect a warm welcome in March.
The princess, 32, was born in Tasmania and graduated in law and commerce before working in advertising and real estate in Sydney, where she met Prince Frederik in a pub during the 2000 Olympic Games.

Danish Consul-General in Sydney Jorgen Mollegaard Kristensen today confirmed the royal couple would arrive in Australia in early March.

"Yes, they are coming," Mr Mollegaard Kristensen said.

"It's a combination of a private and official visit."

Their program was still being finalised but they were expected to visit Sydney and Canberra for official functions, with Hobart on their personal itinerary.

He said the royal couple would appoint four Australians to be Hans Christian Andersen ambassadors at a Sydney Opera House ceremony during the visit.

"There will be a lot of activities to promote the Danish author and his books," he said.

Australian Olympic champion runner Cathy Freeman had already been appointed an ambassador for the author when she visited Denmark earlier this year, he said.

Hans Christian Anderson was born on April 2, 1805, in the town of Odense.

He wrote 168 fairy tales, along with novels, poetry and plays before this death in 1875.

Among his best known works are The Emperor's New Clothes, The Little Mermaid and The Ugly Duckling.

Mr Mollegaard Kristensen said a statue of Hans Christian Andersen would be erected in Wynyard Park, in Sydney's centre, to mark the birthday celebrations.

The royal couple would also be guests of honour at the Victor Chang Royal Ball in Sydney on March 4.

The ball was a fundraiser for the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute (VCCRI) and would celebrate the 10th anniversary of its incorporation as an independent research facility, VCCRI chairman and former NSW Premier Neville Wran said. "Her Royal Highness, Crown Princess Mary of Denmark, whose mother passed away in 1997 following a heart operation, is no stranger to the impact of heart disease, a disease that kills five times as many women as breast cancer," the VCCRI said.

AAP

im going to go and see them hopefully, but with my luck, its unlikely haha

What a dreadful way to welcome home the Aussie Girl made Good. Personally I am getting sick of being told what to think about Mary or any member of any royal family by the Republican faction using the mass media!

Mary visits at our expense
Vanda Carson
November 19, 2004

TAXPAYERS are set to foot the bill for former Sydney real estate agent Princess Mary of Denmark's first official trip home to Australia next March.

The new member of one of Europe's wealthiest royal families will begin the official six-day visit with her husband Crown Prince Frederik on March 2.

As with almost all official visits, the taxpayer is expected to pick up the tab for the royal couple's luxury accommodation, security and other travel expenses.

It is not known how much the Danish couple's visit will cost.

However, in September last year Britain's Prince Harry caused a furore when it was revealed Australian taxpayers paid more than $600,000 on back-up security for him.

Mary's new in-laws are Europe's oldest royal family and also one of the richest, with annual funding from the Danish taxpayer of 80 million kroner per year ($18 million). Of this Mary takes home $338,000 in civil list monies.

Mary will lend her glamour to a dinner to be hosted by the Red Cross on March 2 in Sydney, the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute two nights later, and celebrations for the 200th birthday of Danish storyteller Hans Christian Andersen at the Sydney Opera House.

The couple will appoint up to five ambassadors to help promote the fable-teller's anniversary.

Mary is also expected to meet with Governor-General Michael Jeffery in Canberra.

But before their official duties, Mary and Frederik will take a private holiday visiting friends and family in Tasmania.

Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute spokeswoman Callista Punch said the official part of the trip would be "paid for by the Australian Government".

However the Prime Minister's department declined to comment on the matter.

Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute board member Anne Keating invited Mary to attend the charity dinner after the pair worked together in 1999 when Mary worked in advertising and Ms Keating was with United Airlines. Ms Keating said the ball, to be held at a Sydney hotel, would be elegant. "There won't be any nasty auctions."

wymanda said:
What a dreadful way to welcome home the Aussie Girl made Good. Personally I am getting sick of being told what to think about Mary or any member of any royal family by the Republican faction using the mass media!

Mary visits at our expense
Vanda Carson
November 19, 2004
I agree.

I guess the simple facts alone about the couple's visit to Australia would just sound like a routine press release. It's too bad that this reporter tried to add an "angle" by giving the story a negative slant.

The couple was supposed to receive a wedding gift from the Commerce, transport and service professionals on today (nov. 23rd).
Anyone, got any pics????

some more pics from polfoto

some more pics and a video from their visit to Seest

javascript:void(TV2_Konsol_PlayClip(1622774, 607106))

just copy and paste the above onto your address bar...

Attachments

• ch127068_guest.jpg
    ch127068_guest.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 660
  • ch127069_guest.jpg
    ch127069_guest.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 653
  • ch127070_guest.jpg
    ch127070_guest.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 641
  • ch127067_guest.jpg
    ch127067_guest.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 792
  • 6.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    24.6 KB · Views: 342
  • 10.jpeg
    10.jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 504
  • 9.jpeg
    9.jpeg
    18.6 KB · Views: 341
  • 8.jpeg
    8.jpeg
    17.5 KB · Views: 337
  • 7.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    18.3 KB · Views: 334
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    23.2 KB · Views: 387
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    24.7 KB · Views: 348
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    19 KB · Views: 394
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    9.8 KB · Views: 506
  • 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    18.9 KB · Views: 682
Some pics from Colourpress...
Princess Mary inaugurated a new old peoples home "Teglgaardsparken" before she, together with the Crown Prince visited the site of the fireworks explosion in Seest/Kolding--that destroyed an area with more than 350 houses.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 529
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 408
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 373
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 355
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 359
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 342
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 353
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 345
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 355
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 390
some more pics...

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 429
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 365
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 331
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 330
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 339
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 345
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 372
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 370
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 488
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 355
I think Mary´s hair looks much darker

liv said:
I think Mary´s hair looks much darker

I noticed that, too, and I agree. Something about the darker tone gives her hair a richer sheen and compliments her complexion much more than the lighter brown hair she had (not so long ago).

To liv: I didn't actually change any part of your comments. I accidentally hit "Edit" message instead of "Quote" message. Sorry about that. :(

I like CP Mary's attire because it is simple yet it looks good on her. I also like it when she doesn't tie her hair but she should make sure it doesn't look messy.

I have noticed lately that royal women have been fond of sporting black stockings. It looks fashionable though than the lighter ones.

Bad barbarella: A danish magazine called Billed-bladet found mary in sidney. the danish media had been looking for CP frederiks new girlfriend for a while, but they didnt know who she was. Billed-bladet found her when she was leaving her work in sidney in November 2001. I dont know how they found out...A tip maybe??

Tomorrow, November 29, Prince Fred and Princess Mary along with Queen Margrethe and Prince Joachim will attend a concert at the Falkoner Center.

Hope to see lots of wonderful pics...

November 29, 2004: Prince Frederik and Princess Mary at the Falkoner Center for a concert.

#4: Mary's Parents, John and Susan Donaldson

Attachments

• ch127380_guest.jpg
    ch127380_guest.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 632
  • ch127384_guest.jpg
    ch127384_guest.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 499
  • ch127386_guest.jpg
    ch127386_guest.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 480
  • ch127385_guest.jpg
    ch127385_guest.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 503
November 29, 2004: Princess Mary and Prince Frederik attend a concert at the Falkoner Center.
Mary's parents were present as well, as seen in the last pic.

Attachments

• ch127380_guest.jpg
    ch127380_guest.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,292
  • ch127384_guest.jpg
    ch127384_guest.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 696
  • ch127385_guest.jpg
    ch127385_guest.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 555
pdas1201 said:
November 29, 2004: Princess Mary and Prince Frederik attend a concert at the Falkoner Center.
Mary's parents were present as well, as seen in the last pic.
No, I don't know about that. The Globalisation lecture and the concert were on the same day. The pic of Susan and John Donaldson was taken, I believe, at the Globalisation lecture (where Mary wore the grey suit and Frederik the red tie); apparently that occured in the afternoon of the 29th (thanks to potter from CPMaryMB). Then the concert started at 8pm and was a more dressy affair (Susan's outfit doesn't look very dressy).

Jasl said:
No, I don't know about that. The Globalisation lecture and the concert were on the same day. The pic of Susan and John Donaldson was taken, I believe, at the Globalisation lecture (where Mary wore the grey suit and Frederik the red tie); apparently that occured in the afternoon of the 29th (thanks to potter from CPMaryMB). Then the concert started at 8pm and was a more dressy affair (Susan's outfit doesn't look very dressy).
It could be so, I posted the pics from Polfoto. But, as I don't know Danish--the caption didn't make much sense to me.
The caption attached below for Mary's parent's pic, maybe it'll reveal whether they were at the globalization lecture or the concert.

Kronprinsesse Marys far professor John D. Donaldson, kronprinsesse Marys stedmor forfatteren Susan Moody og Aalborgs borgmester Henning G. Jensen (S), inden John D. Donaldson mandag var hovedtaler i Falconer Centret på Frederiksberg, hvor nordjyske amtsborgmestre og erhvervsledere havde arrangeret et stort erhvervs- og kulturfremstød for Nordjylland.

Some pics from the Globalization lecture (nov. 29) attended by Princess Mary, Prince Frederik and Mary's Parents, John Donaldson and Susan Moody.

Attachments

• 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    31.2 KB · Views: 391
  • 8.jpeg
    8.jpeg
    18.2 KB · Views: 414
  • 7.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    17.9 KB · Views: 376
  • 6.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    17.4 KB · Views: 354
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    28.2 KB · Views: 360
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    24.6 KB · Views: 499
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    16.6 KB · Views: 567
some more pics from the concert attended by Mary, Fred, Queen Margerethe and Prince Joachim.

Attachments

• 001.jpeg
    001.jpeg
    16.9 KB · Views: 549
  • 002.jpeg
    002.jpeg
    17.8 KB · Views: 420
  • 9.jpeg
    9.jpeg
    17.3 KB · Views: 460
  • 10.jpeg
    10.jpeg
    17 KB · Views: 383
  • 12.jpeg
    12.jpeg
    12.5 KB · Views: 491
Some more pics from the "globalization" lecture (nov. 29) attended by Princess Mary, Prince Frederik and Mary's parents, John Donaldson and Susan Moody

Attachments

• 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    16.6 KB · Views: 935
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    24.6 KB · Views: 795
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    28.2 KB · Views: 714
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    31.2 KB · Views: 797
  • 6.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    17.4 KB · Views: 672
  • 7.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    17.9 KB · Views: 681
  • 8.jpeg
    8.jpeg
    18.2 KB · Views: 721
Thanks for the great pictures. Frederik's tie matches Mary's beige sweater. Very nice!

Mandy said:
Thanks for the great pictures. Frederik's tie matches Mary's beige sweater. Very nice!
I agree, it's very cute. I also noticed that at the recent Spanish wedding, Felipe's tie matched the colour of Letizia's dress.

Though I don't know what Frederik thinks about having to wear beige ties a lot 'cause Mary likes wearing/looks good in beige....

Its the first time I have really liked a pant suit on her.I liked the one she wore to the "globalization" lecture..She really looked elegent at the concert at Falkoner Center, what she wore was to me one of the best evening wear she wore

oh thanks... at least she had abit of time in private... i think its sad how media jumps on people in such a position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom