Countess Alexandra & Martin Jørgensen, Current Events 1: March 2007 - October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks absolutely fantastic indeed!! Marie is dressed in her usual tunica uniform.

She looks absolutely fantastic indeed!! Marie is dressed in her usual tunica uniform.
Alex nice but maybe it would be better if she would wore shirt on skirt. (Next rumours about pregnancy soon?) Martin if he would wore or don't this jacket...
Marie maybe more shining or colourful tunica... (Still rumours abour pregnancy.) Joachim nice.

Tv2 video Kobenhavnere gik for velgorenhed
TV 2 Nyhederne
photos
TV 2 Galleri
All the best Mitchell

Thanks Mitchell, those are great:flowers:.

There's an article here from yesterday - although, beyond something to do with the circus, I'm not sure what it's about - free translation gave

"The countess and Martin brought four wags to the opening night at the Dannebrog flag, which have thumped the pegs the earth at the entrance to the Commons park in Østerbro in Copenhagen"​
SE og HØR - Alexandra: Familie-cirkus

Another article about the walkathon and concert:
SE og HØR - Alexandra: Marathon-weekend

I've also just found some more info on the UNICEf event on the 20th (have you ever seen a more ugly suit?:eek:)
Odense Kommune - Alexandra læste højt i Fyrtøjet

There's another article and picture from the UNICEF event here:
Unicef Danmark - Eventyr i digterens egen hjemby

Last edited:
Personally it does appear in the photos as if Felix is leaning in towards Martin but this is a split second in time. I video of the photo session would show better how the group were interacting.

Well, it's tempting to read too much into a picture, including the one showing Felix holding the hand of his stepfather rather than that of Prince Joachim . The "Alexandras" were late and had just stepped out of their car, hurried to the school entrance with little time to line up for the photographers, etc.

Irrespective on how the events unfolded the ensuing photographs were not lost on local royalty watchers and royalty reporters! And I, for one
wonder how they go down at the RF press office!:whistling:

Nice to see Winston the Cocker spaniel at the Walkathon (with Martin..), I guess Nicolai and Felix must have asked Joachim if they could take him with them.

According to this week's Svensk Damtidning, Alexandra is pregnant. It is most likely just a rumour (that's what even the magazine itself calls it), I haven't seen it reported elswhere. Sorry if this has been posted before.

Thanks Anna - it probably is just a rumour - although I remember someone saying to me that she thought that the Countess was pregnant after the outfit on the first day of school (of which more new photos can be found here) - but I don't think so.

The Countess is on the front of Her og Nu (http://herognu.com/mediafiles/1/images/herognuforside_3908.jpg) - therapist Martin Østergaard Læs thinks that the difference in age between the two is going to cost them their marriage (that's the correct translation of

Aldersforskellen mellem grevinden og hendes mand kan koste dem ægteskabet, mener parterapeut Martin Østergaard Læs historien i HER&NU.

isn't it?)

Oh what a nonsense story! Age can add to a relationship, as well as detract from it! This just reeks of being just another tabloid story...

Oh what a nonsense story! Age can add to a relationship, as well as detract from it! This just reeks of being just another tabloid story...

I agree - whenever there's no proper news, they just decide that someone's either pregnant or about to divorce.:bang:

In my opinion age is one of the least important issues in any relationship (provided you are both over 18..). Martin always get pictured as the "toyboy" but who knows how much of a grown up mature person he might very well be?? And maybe Alexandra has a very childish side to her and the two of them behave like teenagers!!:lol:

Looks like a very slow day in the newsroom!

What a bunch of crap!! She is a beautiful woman, why is only an issue when the woman is older? No one talks about Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones. My husband is 13 yrs older then me and we don't even think about it. Martin loves her and that is what matters. I am glad to see her happy.

I kind of hopping that she is pregnant. Why not? they are happily married and she is not to old to have another baby.

It's nice to see Alex out and about all the time. She really still is quite high profile in Denmark, isn't she?

I don't think she has a very high profile in Denmark any more - which seems only natural.

I don't think she has a very high profile in Denmark any more - which seems only natural.

She probably enjoys the fact that she doesn't have such a high profile anymore. Life is probably a bit more simple and easy-going for her now.

She probably enjoys the fact that she doesn't have such a high profile anymore. Life is probably a bit more simple and easy-going for her now.

You're probably right sgl - when she was a Princess, she said "...of course I have had the desire to go in an airplane and fly to a desert island and just lie there for some hours. Forget everything about my everyday, forget everything about my responsibility and the ones, who want my attention, forget everything about the time and expectations" and that it is hard being in the limelight ("When you are an official representative, well, then you have to “deliver”. You are in the limelight. You have to think carefully, before you say anything, and you can’t just ask a stupid question.
It is tough to be in the limelight. When you know, that the amount of hours you spend at a place, you can’t just sit and relax and shake your shoulders a little, if you are tired, or take a few minutes break. When you are in the limelight, than you know, that you have to do your best from all angles. Both the internal and the external. And maybe your body feels a little “tight”, but you can’t just stretch yourself a little. All the time you have to think: ‘How would I like, that people see me.")

Very interesting (and insightful) quote. When I see photos of her today compared with during her marriage, she seems much more at ease.

Thank you so much for the link to this speech Alex001. It was very interesting. I can't believe that she was able to learn Danish in 5 weeks. She must be very adept at studying languages.

Thank you so much for the link to this speech Alex001. It was very interesting.

My pleasure:flowers:.

I can't believe that she was able to learn Danish in 5 weeks. She must be very adept at studying languages.

She must be - according to her website, she can speak English, Danish, French and German, and can, as she has stated, speak some Cantonese, some Mandarin and, I would assume, some Japanese, as she studied at university in Tokyo from 1984 until 1986.

Amazing! The more I read about Alexandra, the more impressed I become.

There's an article here from today: http://msndk.starlounge.com/index.cfm?objectID=35836 about a party in the American ambassador's home in Hellerup about Basim's debut album, who's already had a preveiw of it, and said there are some songs she really likes.

There's another article about it here:
http://ekstrabladet.dk/flash/dkkendte/article1066118.ece

Sjællandske | Nyheder fra region Sjælland
I've just come across this article, but my free translator gives a load of nonsense - could some kind Danish speaker please give a summary? Thanks so much!

Oh..... it has never been my understanding that they were poor or without means to provide for themselves. Actually I think they are pretty wealthy.

Lilla - I aspologize for responding so late ---

I also think that the Manleys are not poor by any means, but not being Danish citizens, they would not be entitled to many of the perks afforded to Danish citizens regarding taxes, health care, housing, etc.
If Mr. Manley is retired, he, like many other retirees, is watching his money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom