Spanish Christmas Cards - All Years

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everyone's talking about the girls. How come no one noticed Pablo Urdangarin? He's gotten so handsome over the years.
people notice, the thing is, the girls get so much more attention since they are the daughters of the future monarchs of spain. (its not discrimination, its a normal thing actually, see ALL of the other monarchies, and watch the popularity of the children of heirs and the children of a "normal" royal family)
its reality, we were put under spell by that 2 little cuties!!!!:flowers::ROFLMAO::lol:

its almost time for a new christmas card.
i expect a family picture from the Asturias family now, its too obvious i think:
2005: Family
2006: Leonor
2007: Family
2008: Leonor & Sofia
2009: Family
2010: Leonor & Sofia
2011: Family???? (isnt too obvious right?)

i cant also wait to see Cristina's kids!!!

Xmas cards should be out any day now, in comparison to previous years there are already overdue.

Will be interesting to see whether there is a Palma card or Infantas card in general this year. If so, Inaki is better not on it.

They'll be out. What's the point in creating drama where there is none, Duke?

Xmas cards should be out any day now, in comparison to previous years there are already overdue.

They aren't. Last year they were out on December 16, the previous year on December 18. We'll see them next week.

Wonderful cards! Someone in the royal household must have been reading TRF and seen us wondering when the cards would be issued!!

BEAUTIFUL pictures!!!! but still waiting for bigger versions^^

the princes with Leonor and Sofia card is so sweet, and Leonor's handwriting is so pretty for a girl with just 6 years old, on the other side Irene's handwriting fits the girl age.
the card with Felipe Froilan and Victoria is so cute with the dog.
too bad for the Duchess of Palma's card, its not a new picture;_;

I absolutely love the heart next to Victoria's name, so cute. Also Elena's kids are absolutely gorgeous, Felipe is growing up to be such a handsome young man.
My favourite card is Felipe and Letizia's, it's very beautiful and I think Leonor looks extremely much like Letizia, whereas Sofia looks like Felipe.
I agree that Cristina's picture is a bit boring since we've seen it before, but obviously it's been a big day for the family so they wanted to capture it and show it to everyone (again).
Lovely cards.

I loved Elana's card the most only because it seems to be such a relaxed moment for the kids, who have been through so much these last couple of years, they are just adorable. I do agree that Cristina's card is really boring this year, I much prefer the informal family style pictures. IHMO

I wait all year to see they lovey Spanish Royal Family photos for Christmas! How wonderful, thanks for posting them, especially like to see their handwriting~

Very cute picture ;)
I like how they let Sofía and Leonor write their names themselves.

Are the Urdangarin family mocking at the spanish people or what? Or maybe the entire RF! They don´t know what shame is.

Are the Urdangarin family mocking at the spanish people or what? Or maybe the entire RF! They don´t know what shame is.
They are a family and have every right to be on a christmas card as such. When the judgement is passed down regarding Inaki's and Cristina's business dealings they will have to take the sentences like any other citizens but they do not cease to be a family and a mother and father to four children.

They are a family and have every right to be on a christmas card as such. When the judgement is passed down regarding Inaki's and Cristina's business dealings they will have to take the sentences like any other citizens but they do not cease to be a family and a mother and father to four children.

What does it have to do they are a family? There are serious suspicions that Iñaki is involved in cases of corruption, that Royal House seems to have known about this for years and has tried to cover ths issue sending them to USA, and they show up in a Christmas card as if nothing is happening. They are mocking the Spanish people, who want to know what he did and if he evaded their money to tax haven. If I were Spanish I would take this as a joke, as the last Hola cover where they laughed and seemd to be having a good time. They are obviously not afraid.

Last edited:
I like Elena's card very much, the Asturias' card is very nice too.

I dont get why Inaki had to be on the card, its such a provocation. I mean, they just had the kids on for years, and all of a sudden Inaki & happy family have to be on it?

Its a joke, they are banning Inaki from all acitivites and now they put a nice pic from him up on the website? They are a family, nobody is disputing that, but its about respect and toning down in these difficult times. No need to come up with such a picture from a religious event, I agree it comes across as mockery.

I agree that it's such a provocation, well, maybe it's better for Cristina to stay in the marriage with Inaki even if he goes to jail and renounce her right. Nobody in Spain believes she didn't know anything, it's very shameful for her to represent Spain and the SRF again IMO.
I think again JC and Sofia act more like parents than the King and Queen. Perhaps they are indeed very old (73 years old), have a hard time to accept the wrong doings of their children.
The media speculated that it was Felipe, not the King, was really the force in the King's House to remove Inaki from the official duties.

"El Prncipe es quien est detrs de la posicin tajante de la Casa del Rey" - esRadio - Radio de Libertad Digital

translated: Google Translate

Usually the pictures are chosen or taken in late October or early November. Postcards would be prepared or even in the post, before the announcement of separate Urdangarín was done, so they had little choice for the web.

My question is why Urdangarín family chose this photo, made months ago, in which the parents are, and not a new picture of the 4 children how they have done the last five years.

Instead of being discreet and humble with this situation, Urdangarín is showing proud and defiant, unwilling to admit he did something at least ethically wrong and act accordingly. And that is a big problem because he has become uncontrollable.:bang:

Probably it was such an important day for the family (last positive picture in the press?) that they tried to use those positive feelings.

I agree that it's such a provocation, well, maybe it's better for Cristina to stay in the marriage with Inaki even if he goes to jail and renounce her right. Nobody in Spain believes she didn't know anything, it's very shameful for her to represent Spain and the SRF again IMO.
I think again JC and Sofia act more like parents than the King and Queen. Perhaps they are indeed very old (73 years old), have a hard time to accept the wrong doings of their children.
The media speculated that it was Felipe, not the King, was really the force in the King's House to remove Inaki from the official duties.

"El Prncipe es quien est detrs de la posicin tajante de la Casa del Rey" - esRadio - Radio de Libertad Digital

translated: Google Translate

Whoever it was, if you take one step (banning Inaki from acivities), you have to go the second step by not relating him in any way to the SRF and re-new the provocation. There doesnt seem to be a strategy or a person in charge knowing what they are doing. Why allow this Xmas card, its a follow-up to the picture of the Queen, is there nobody in the family left who has any sense of how things come across in public?

It was clear, at least for the Royal House, for a long time that this scandal would pop up and even if its a difficult logistical task, these cards should not have gone out. And given that in the last years only the kids were on the cards, and Elena only has a card with her kids on it, it seems to me that Palma card is deliberately chosen :bang: as if to say 'what is your problem'.

Its difficult to believe when looking at the lifestory of the King (who obviously was against Sofias decision to go to Washington, let alone pose smiling with Inaki), what ordeal he went through personally and professionally in order to get on and keep the throne, and what hurtful and tough decisions he had to take or were taken on him regarding his own family, that he has problems to cut Inaki off when his behaviour is proving a danger to both the King and Queen's life achievement, keeping the instituiton alive for the future.

I absolutelly love the Asturias Christmas card, I hoped it would be all four of them. It`s a lovely family picture. Elena`s card is very nice too, Victoria looks beautiful here. Is the dog in the picture theirs?

Instead of being discreet and humble with this situation, Urdangarín is showing proud and defiant, unwilling to admit he did something at least ethically wrong and act accordingly. And that is a big problem because he has become uncontrollable.:bang:
I agree, they act as if nothing happened :bang: I think the rest of the family should distance from Inaki and Cristina, but apparently it hasn`t been done yet. But after those photos of the Queen with the Palmas in the USA I`m not surprised with this card... Incredible.

I loved the cards, especially the one with Elena´s children. Victoria is a sweet girl and the heart near to her name is typical of that.
As for the Palmas card we can only speculate what is going on. If it was a no-no, it´s up to the palace people to decide it beforehand.
Having seen in my lifetime scandals and people accused of them and even condemned before the judgement, I´d rather wait to see what´s what.

Duke, that's why I said JC has been acting like a father more than a King. I'm sure not all of different opinions of grey men or Felipe had gone through. No matter when Cristina and Inaki prepared their Christmas card, their Christmas card was definitely being sent out after Nov 7th when the police searched the offices of Noos, the business partner of Inaki was indicated (what is the chance VP of Noos is indicated and the President Inaki wouldn't :cool:), why would Zarzuela allow it ?

Over the years I have heard that the secretary of the infantas wouldn't obey the orders of the chief of the Royal Household. He was Elena's former high school teacher, went into Zarzuela through the back door. A former chief (the most respected chief Sabino Fernandez Campo) had said openly he would never have hired him (didn't think he qualified for the job) if he were still the chief. He was the treasurer of Noos, failed to report to the King about the irregular money movement, he started a financial company with Elena right after her divorce, only to be shut down after JC learnt about it, now this Christmas card of the Palmas. Why did JC still allow him to accompany Elena to official acts ? Perhaps JC is not as professional or fair as many thought.

I doubt JC didn't allow Sofia going to DC, at least I haven't heard it from any credible source except for websites, however it's very like he was angry after seeing her posing with Inaki with a big smile. Sofia also went to DC in spring, her securities didn't allow the paparazzi taking pictures of her, why this time ? What a PR disaster !
'
Felipe was absolutely right that monarchy needs to adapt to its time, embrace 'honesty and transparency', the media and many Spaniards found it very endearing. Wish him to be more 'vocal' in the future in just about every subject.

Last edited:
I am completely astonished at the reactions on this board in regards to Inaki. Yes, he appears to have been involved in transactions that may be illegal. As far as I have been able to discern, he has not yet been charged. And even if he is charged in the future, he is still a father and husband. I would assume he would have to pay for his mistake and lack of judgement just like any other citizen. However, to assume that he is to simply disappear from the life of his extended family sends a message that is worse than what he may have done. If families can not stay together and support each other during hard times, than the family unity was fake to start with.

Inaki ands Cristina will have to take the consequenses for their actions but they are still entitled to be treated with dignity. Rightfully they should not represent the spanish royalty but they are still part of the royal family.

I am completely astonished at the reactions on this board in regards to Inaki. Yes, he appears to have been involved in transactions that may be illegal. As far as I have been able to discern, he has not yet been charged. And even if he is charged in the future, he is still a father and husband. I would assume he would have to pay for his mistake and lack of judgement just like any other citizen. However, to assume that he is to simply disappear from the life of his extended family sends a message that is worse than what he may have done. If families can not stay together and support each other during hard times, than the family unity was fake to start with.

Inaki ands Cristina will have to take the consequenses for their actions but they are still entitled to be treated with dignity. Rightfully they should not represent the spanish royalty but they are still part of the royal family.

You are assuming too much. Read the links to this thread for a clearer perspective.

"but they are still entitled to be treated with dignity."

Not more or less than any other Spaniard.

Back
Top Bottom