News from the Spanish Nobility

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here’s part of an interview given by Don José Miguel Flores de Lizaur to Diogo Pereira, from the Portuguese Jornal Fonte Nova:
http://www.jornalfontenova.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=219&Itemid=130

The Castle of Seguras bellongs to Don José Miguel Carrillo de Albornoz y Muñóz de Sam Pedro Montijano y Flores de Lizaur, the heir of Doña Branca, Viscontess de Torre y Hidalgo and grandson of the Count de Canilleiros (who was the father of the new modern Historiography of Extremadura).
Jose Miguel is graduated in Law and works as an exhibition commissioner, an art investments councillor, a subscriber of the first World’s insurance company of arts for Spain, Portugal and Latin America and a writer.

D.P. - José Miguel, how is it to live in a castle, in 21st century?
J.M. – Well, it’s very agreeable, certainly very different from back in the centuries. A castle, in the 21st century, has central heating systems, canalized water, light, television, telephone, Internet, swimming pool... A castle is a great house, with thicker walls and normally with deeper familiar experiences.

D.P. – What does a nobleman live in Spain of?
J.M. - Some noblemen live of their incomes, others work… In Spain, there’s a bit of everything among the nobility, there’s people who keep large estates (like the Dukes of Alba, Medinaceli, Osuna, Infantado, Terra Nova, the Countess of Canilleros, etc), but most of them live of its work.

D.P. – What relations do you (or the nobility in general) have with the Power, be it central, regional or local?
J.M. - With the central power we do not have any institutional connection. In Spain we do not have a Court since Don Juan Carlos re-established the Monarchy; there are no chamber men (like it usually happened in the previous Courts) and this dictates that the nobles do not have a specific function among the society. I think that it was a great loss for the society. The nobility nowadays has more a role of conserving the historical memory of the times that have passed. At the level of the central power, there’s already a few noblemen who “allow” a group of politicians to join them, and appearing next to renowned people pleases many politicians. It’s at the local level that there is a bigger interaction however, because the noblemen usually come from culturally excellent families, who have had some kind of involvement in this or that kind of power. What’s clear is that they count on us for the relevant local affairs; in Cáceres they normally count on me.

D.P.- How’s your relation with Portugal, being you a border Spaniard?
J.M. - I have always had very good relations with Portugal and the Portuguese. As a matter of fact, I like Portugal very much. There’s only a little sad memory, since this castle was smashed by D. Nuno Álvares Pereira… but I do not keep any resentment… I passed great part of my vacations in Estoril. I am a personal friend of many important Portuguese people, I met great part of the Portuguese high society, the noble families, the Duke of Bragança, his wife and children, many families from Beiras, who continue receiving in the very way it used to be in the 19th century and that is now disappeared, except for a small part of Europe. I continue thinking it is a privilege to live in Portugal.

D.P. - I know that you’ve just concluded two books very recently and that you are going to publish them. Can you speak a bit of them?
J.M. - I have written mainly about the 15th century, my last published book is about Doña Juana, la Beltraneja (D.ª Juana of Castile, D. Joana of Portugal), the wife of Don Afonso V, which I am trying to publish now in Portugal. One of my new books is a story of 18th century, the story of the first wife of the first Borbón – Felipe V. The other will be released later on and it is about her Lady in Waiting, Marie Anne of le Tremoille – Princess of Ursinos, Princess Widower of Chalais (1st husband), Duchess Widower of Bracciano (2nd husband) – a French Lady with a great politic elegance and an enormous sense of State. She lived in Spain between 1701 and 1714.
[...]

Duchess of Alba (80) in Ibiza this summer :ohmy:
505998pt7.jpg

source: 20 minutos

Almost year by year she has photos like this one. Nothing new for me. But when I saw her for the very first time like this I was shocked - so old woman in bikini!!!:wacko: But now...:punk:

She is definitely a brave woman.:flowers: For a woman of her age she looks pretty good. If she wants to wear a bikini, more power to her.:clap:

Perillos said:
Nati Abascal is the ex-wife of the late Duque de Feria - the one who went to prison for kidnapping.

could anybody tell the story of this kidnapping? I am totally unfamiliar with it. How did the former duke die?

Marengo said:
could anybody tell the story of this kidnapping? I am totally unfamiliar with it. How did the former duke die?
Rafael Medina y Fernández de Córdoba, the Duke of Féria and son of one of the women with more noble titles in Spain (the Duchess of Medinaceli), was involved in a great scandal of drug traffic, kidnapping and child abuse in 1993, being condemned to 18 years in jail, for kidnapping and photographing an undressed five-year-old girl.
He died in Seville, apparently by natural causes, although some press has daid he had commited suicide.

http://www.elsemanaldigital.com/arts/58522.asp?tt=

The new law on succession of noble titles was signed by the King and published last Tuesday in BOE.
Until now, men heirs prevailed over women, but things have changed. Isabel de Hoyos, Natalia Figueroa and Ágatha Ruiz de la Prada were among the main fighters for this cause, since they have maintained litigations for the possession of noble titles.

http://actualidad.terra.es/sociedad/articulo/varon_no_tiene_preferencia_mujer_1180152.htm

The titles of the Heir to the Throne and those of the Royal House are excluded from the new regulation, since they are governed by its own norm.

http://www.boe.es/g/es/bases_datos/doc.php?coleccion=iberlex&id=2006/18869&txtlen=1000

Titles inherited before July 27 2005 (when the law was presented to the Cortes) cannot be retroactively challenged.

Last edited:
rchainho said:
She is over all of them (Queen Elizabeth has to make the curtsy to her).:)

Why would the Queen of England (Who carries the title YOUR MAJESTY) curtsey to someone whose highest title is Your Grace in English? I can not believe this.

About Nati Abascal a funny thing about her is that she was an actress in a Woody Allen film!! :lol:
She starred along the New York genius himself in his 1971 film Bananas. She played the role of Yolanda and had some funny scenes with Woody. So if yor are a fan of Mr Allen go and rent the movie and will have the bonus of seeing a real life duchess on the screen.

http://www.diezminutos.orange.es/carticulos/163646.html

Carlos and Alicia already can marry

Carlos Fitz-James Stuart and Matilde Solís already have the matrimonial nullity.
The Interdiocesan Court of Seville pronounced the definitive sentence on October 26.
It finishes this way a process that Matilde initiated in February, 2005, five years after separating.
The duke of Huéscar might marry this way Alicia Koplowitz - who also obtained the annulment of her marriage with Alberto Cortina, close to whom she had three children-.

Hey Lula, was Gonzalo with Eugenia in that party?
Thanks in advance;)

It does not have any relation.
The Wreath and the succession to the Wreath are governed by the Constitution. This law only governs the succession in the titles of the nobility.
The Monarchy is a thing and a different the nobility.

http://www.fuerteventuradigital.com/portal/noticias/noticia.asp?canal=sociedad&fecha=20061124&hora=171905

Alicia Koplowitz receives the French Legion of Honor

Alicia Koplowitz, Marquise of Bellavista, received yesterday on Thursday in Madrid, the Medal of the French Legion of Honor of hands of the ambassador of France in Spain, Claude Blanchemaison .

The medal has been granted her by the French government as recognition of her managerial path, of her social labor and her special relation by France. Alicia Koplowitz is a chairwoman of Omega and of the Foundation Alicia Koplowitz, member of the Council of L " Union Centre des Arts Décoratifs "UCAD", of the patronage of the University King Juan Carlos, of the Council of the Peres Center for Peace and from the International Council of Tate Gallery, the vocal of the patronage of the Foundation of Support to the History of the Hispanic Art, as well as member of honor of the Museum Gugghenheim of Bilbao. Also there has been granted to her the Great Cross of the Civil Merit.

The French ambassador emphasized in his speech the importance of Alicia Koplowittz in the world of the company, as well as her great personal discretion and her great love to France. " Country which she has been very joined from her infancy and the one that continues demonstrating a great fondness ".

The Gentleman's medal of the Legion of French Honor is the maximum distinction granted by the French government.

Photo
http://www.fuerteventuradigital.com/portal/FOTOS/FOTOS_GRANDES/20061124171905.jpg

Last edited:
Eugenia looked elegant.

Thanks again lula:flowers:

I don't recognize Eugenia on the cover.

Thanks again my dear:flowers:

Btw. ¡Feliz cumpleaños to Eugenia!

http://www.hola.com/noticias-de-actualidad/17-12-2006/44331/

Eugenia Martínez de Irujo and Gonzalo Miro give themselves kisses to the pace of the music

The daughter of the duchess of Alba, Eugenia Martínez de Irujo and Gonzalo Miro they were present on Saturday night at the show of delivery of the Principal Prizes 2006 organized by the radio station " The 40 Principales " in the Palace of Sports of the Community of Madrid. Gonzalo, manager of delivering one of the prizes, came to the show garment in rigorous black whereas Eugenia chose one more gown of sport for the act. The couple that put before the beginning of the show, hesitated not even a moment at the moment of kissing publicly.

http://www.hola.com/musica/2006/12/17/premios-principales/imgs/premios-principales8-a.jpg
http://www.hola.com/musica/2006/12/17/premios-principales/imgs/premios-principales9-a.jpg

Elsa M. said:
The new law on succession of noble titles was signed by the King and published last Tuesday in BOE. Until now, men heirs prevailed over women, but things have changed.
http://www.elconfidencialdigital.com/Articulo.aspx?IdObjeto=10372

The legal change, by which men's succession to noble titles no longer will prevails over women, is raising much criticism, except among those who will be benefited by the change. A few days ago, a stormy meeting of the "Diputación de la Grandeza" (the organism that agglutinates the elite of the Spanish noblemen) was held in Madrid, in order to debate the legislative modification. According to some of the protagonists, that law "loads the system of noble titles in Spain".

Also according to some sources, Pedro J. Ramirez (director of El Mundo) was in the center of the blamings, because his wife (Ágatha Ruiz de la Prada) was one of the most outstanding figures fighting for this change and now she will inherit the title and become "Grande de España".

VIDEO
La Duquesa de Alba reivindica su derecho a descansar en verano - 20minutos.es

The Duchess of Alba claims her right to rest in summer

The Duchess of Alba enjoys these days of the coast in Marbella, where one week ago met her daughter, Eugenia Martínez de Irujo.

Cayetana went out to have lunch with her inseparable friend, Carmen Tello, wife of the bullfighter Curro Romero, and her little dog.

At her arrival to the restaurant, the Duchess asked to the press if every day they were going to record her, since " in summer they have all right to resting, and some of they of them do not understand it ".

Back
Top Bottom