Prince Pieter-Christiaan, Princess Anita and Family, News Part 1 (Feb 2005 - )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The civil wedding will be broadcasted on the 27 th of august befor the " church wedding".:p

Thank you for these infos , dutch royal and Princess Robijn.:) I have BVN on my TV sat, so even if I don't understand Dutch, at least i know when to watch...:D

Yes, thank you everyone for all of the info. :)

Gabriella said:
I could very well be wrong, but I think that after their marriage she will have a courtesy title as the wife of a Prince. Even though he is giving up his right to the throne, Pieter-Christiaan will still be a Prince of Orange-Nassau. So, as a result of her marriage, Annette will be able to use his courtesy title, but will not be a Princess in her own right. The same should apply for Aimee.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but that was the asumption I was under. :)

Thank you Gabriella. So does this mean that Annette & Marilene are princesses in their own right? If they ever divorced their husbands (God forbid), then they would continue on as princesses?

Squidgy said:
Thank you Gabriella. So does this mean that Annette & Marilene are princesses in their own right? If they ever divorced their husbands (God forbid), then they would continue on as princesses?

No, Annette and Marilene are not princesses in their own right. They also just hold curtesy titles as the wives of princes. The same also applies to Laurentien and to Mabel. I believe that Maxima is the only person who was created a princess in her own right. I'm not sure what would happen when the divorce, but I suppose they would be allowed to continue to use the title, but would no longer be members of the royal house?

Gabriella said:
I'm not sure what would happen when the divorce, but I suppose they would be allowed to continue to use the title, but would no longer be members of the royal house?

maybe the same as Alexandra (Denmark), that she has the title as long as she is not married again.

Yes, that makes sense. Thank you Gabriella and Tina for explaining ... for some reason I was just having trouble understanding how these titles, etc work.:eek:

Marianne, on the Glittering Royal Events Message Board has kindly translated the interview that P-C & Anita gave to De Telegraaf recently.

[font=verdana, arial]"They start telling that they have their own, very personal, sense of humour. Just looking into each others eyes and laughing simultaneously...[/font]

[font=verdana, arial] ....it all started in London, where the couple lived in the late 1990's. The Prince (now 33) worked for a 'daughter' of the Dutch Bank ABN/AMRO and Anita was working for press-agency Bloomberg. They met each other during a party at a mutual acquintance's place and started talking.
Pieter-Christiaan: "I just introduced myself as Pieter and she had really no idea who I was..."
Anita: "I really liked him at first sight. He has this nice, positive attitude...combined with a large dose of charm..."
During that party the couple only had eyes for each other and never stopped talking.
Later that night the whole crowd continues their party in a London 'club' and to Anita's big surprise "he turned out to be a very good dancer!!!" (said the bride-to-be proudly...)
[/font]

[font=verdana, arial]Next day PC was totally absorbed by trying to track down this lovely girl and his colleagues were rather amused by his absent way of behaviour...[/font]

[font=verdana, arial]Since Anita was travelling a lot for her job it really wasn't that easy to make a new date, but finally PC succeeded!
Thety met a lot and eventually he told her he was the son of Princess Margriet and Pieter v. Vollenhoven.
Anita: "well, it's something to take in but not for long actually. In London we were totally private persons and we loved that privacy..."
[/font]

[font=verdana, arial]Prince PC: "In our home country there's more attention (media/public) due to the fact that I belong to the RF and in London I'm much more anonymous.."[/font]

[font=verdana, arial]These London years formed an important factor of their courtship and their relationship.
The prince really did everything he could to surprise his loved one. Many a time he stood waiting for her at Schiphol Airport (unexpectedly!) whenever she was on her way out (or in...) for her job.
Both of them were working in the same area in "The London City" and he sent her drawings of places they both knew in 'Notting Hill' where they both lived or sent her flowers...both at her office as well as to the places abroad where she stayed for her job.
[/font]

[font=verdana, arial]Anita, who had been living abroad with her parents during her up-bringing (Switzerland/Singapore) really enjoyed these London-years to the fullest.
At her wedding two of her friends from her time at United World College in Singapore will be wittnesses!
[/font]

[font=verdana, arial]After her career at Bloomberg she worked at Christie's and for the American Bank JP Morgan.
After the wedding she wants to make her own career as an independend self-employed woman. Something to do with fashion, but she doesn't really want to reveal any details yet!
[/font]

[font=verdana, arial]The Prince is still occupied with the Marechaussee (Special Force, protecting Ambassadors, RF and also involved with airport control etc).
Besides that he also is involved in a company which he created together with some former fellow-students from IMD in Lausanne, where he graduated too.
[/font]

[font=verdana, arial]The Prince is also well-known for his love of marathons.....and he has run quite some for a good cause too!
The Prince participated in the New York Marathon several times, also soon after 9/11 when he was shown Ground Zero before the race. The money he collected by running at that time all went to the NY Firemen!
Even running around Lake Lamon (Genèva) when he collected $$ for a school in Serajevo. He loves the combination of sports and earning money for a good cause...!
Which is what also got him involved in "Laureus Benelux", an internal organisation which includes names like John McEnroe, Franz Beckenhauer and Dutch cycling champion (Olympic Medallist) Leontien van Moorsel as well.
[/font]

[font=verdana, arial]Anita: "I don't run marathons nor am I a big fan of motor-races and I must admit that I am thrilled everytime PC comes home safe and sound after another race with these fast cars..."[/font]

[font=verdana, arial]After their return from their honeymoon the couple will settle in a recently bought home in Amsterdam (where PC's elder brothers Maurits and Bernhard are already living with their wives & kids).
If they want to stay in Amsterdam for the rest of their lives is hard to tell..
Anita: "we might also easily opt for another country in the future, where as London is still Favourite Place nr. 1..."
[/font]

[font=verdana, arial]London being the place where they met will certainly have a very special place in their hearts .. no doubt!!" "
[/font]

[font=verdana, arial]
[/font]

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 385
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 440
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 379
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 392
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 408
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 370
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 447
Last edited:
Does anybody know whether there is a chance that a german television broadcast station will show the wedding?

allthingsroyal.nl

it's from a newspaper.

Attachments

• TE_2S_20050820_13.jpg
    TE_2S_20050820_13.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 537
I don´t think that any German channel will broadcast the wedding.Perhaps Brisant/Leute heute and exclusive will show short scenes...

Thank you liv ... maybe we get the chance to watch the wedding in "phoenix" otherwise I will watch "brisant", "Leute heute" and "exclusiv weekend". In the past "phoenix" changed his program to show special events ... I really hope this time too ;-)

Viola-Theresa said:
Thank you liv ... maybe we get the chance to watch the wedding in "phoenix" otherwise I will watch "brisant", "Leute heute" and "exclusiv weekend". In the past "phoenix" changed his program to show special events ... I really hope this time too ;-)

I can't find anything at phoenix, ZDF or WDR, neither today nor Saturday.

maybe:

today - ARD - 17:15 Uhr - Brisant - (wann ist die Wiederholung auf mdr?)
nothing at Saturday

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/24569611/Prins_trouwt_en_valt_af_als_lid_Koninklijk_Huis.html

I don't think today's civil marriage is broadcasted btw, only the religious wedding on saturday. I can't wait for the pictures though!

I don't understand Dutch, but on BVN teletext, it seemed to me they said the religious wedding will be broadcast, from 14.30 on Saturday.:confused:

Question

Hallo,

Any chance for people outside Europe to watch the Saturday's wedding?
Can anyone suggest any website that broadcast the wedding?

Squidgy said:
The Telegraaf has a nice picture from their interview last week... but no wedding pics yet.:(

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/24587871/Prins_Pieter-Christiaan_getrouwd_met_Anita_van_Eijk.html

that's a nice picture, she looks very good in that dress.

http://www.nos.nl/nos/artikelen/2005/08/art000010060603.html

25 Augustus 2005 - 14:55 - Kort binnenlands nieuws

APELDOORN In Paleis het Loo is prins Pieter-Christiaan voor de wet getrouwd met Anita van Eijck. Hij is nu geen lid meer van het Koninklijk Huis;hij heeft geen toestemming voor het huwelijk gevraagd aan de Eerste en Tweede Kamer.

Last edited:
liv said:
I don´t think that any German channel will broadcast the wedding.Perhaps Brisant/Leute heute and exclusive will show short scenes...

I agree. The German channels broadcast only the Crown Princely weddings .

The threads about the wedding have been removed from the Dutch Royals forum to the Old, New, Royal and Blue... forum, where they were merged with the already existing thread. In the future, please check for existing threads before posting new ones.

Have fun with the wedding news.

Norwegianne,
TRF Super Moderator.

rchainho said:
http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_family/87582004.htm

Royal News Holland's Prince weds and left the Royal house

Willem-Alexander and Maxima are instead due to attend the couple's church wedding, which will take place in Noordwijk tomorrow (27.08.05). Following his wedding, Prince Pieter-Christiaan must leave the Dutch Royal house - because he married without seeking permission from the parliament.

The prince, who has now lost his right of succession to the throne, reportedly decided not to bother with the procedure because he believed he was so far down the list of heirs that it was unlikely he would ever succeed to the throne.

Next in line to the Dutch throne is Crown Prince Willem-Alexander, followed by his two young daughters, Princess Amalia and Princess Alexia.

Attachments

• broers groep Jan-groot.jpg
    broers groep Jan-groot.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 523
  • pre-SEEGER00019415.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00019415.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 485
  • post-188-1125158464.jpg
    post-188-1125158464.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 504
  • pc_simon_afterfinish_web.jpg
    pc_simon_afterfinish_web.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 304
  • pc_lausanne_web.jpg
    pc_lausanne_web.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 490
  • orangenassauprinces.jpg
    orangenassauprinces.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 534
  • DSC08348.jpg
    DSC08348.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 444
  • apc11.jpg
    apc11.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 518
nothing, but the couple is not 'high profile' and maybe still on their honymoon. The press attention is mainly focussed at the Queen, WA, Maxima, Margriet, Maurits, Marilene, Laurentien and when there is something scandalous to say about them: Margarita and Mabel.

some photos from the interview they gave to the dutch press with floris and aimee.

i think anita looks beautiful, specially in the last photo of the first file-batch.

(credit: brat, taken from gremb)

Attachments

• interv1.jpg
    interv1.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 483
  • interv2.jpg
    interv2.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 418
  • interv23.jpg
    interv23.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 427
I am still pretty angry at myself for missing that interview :(

me too, I missed it also, and I was so looking forward to it.

Marengo said:
I am still pretty angry at myself for missing that interview :(

That makes two of us! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom