Queen Elizabeth II Jewels 3: January 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never knew they were a birthday gift from her father to mark her 18th birthday adds extra sentiment to the brooches.

Not a fan myself..
The earrings [especially] are of nightmarish 'design'.. the stones are so washed out and so 'pallid' they might be Peridots. TOO much yellow gold ='Nouveau'. So send the stones for a redesign, and the metal to the melting pot.

Well I know...I mentioned the Duke of Fife is the apparent owner...do we have a thread for Queen Victoria jewels by chance? I wish this was owned by the BRF though!

LaRae

Well I know...I mentioned the Duke of Fife is the apparent owner...do we have a thread for Queen Victoria jewels by chance? I wish this was owned by the BRF though!

LaRae

But you posted it in the Queen Elizabeth II. Jewels thread. Therse should be a Thread about Jewls of the british Nobility. It is really a pity that it did not stay in the main line of the royal Family. Specially as they have no emerald tiara expect for the Vladimir tiara when worn with emeralds.

Ok I'm trying to run down a link or something showing when the ruling changed on gifts of jewelry given by other heads of state to the members of the BRF...prior to X they were personal gifts but after X date they revert to the Crown.

Any help?

Thanks!

LaRae

Ok I'm trying to run down a link or something showing when the ruling changed on gifts of jewelry given by other heads of state to the members of the BRF...prior to X they were personal gifts but after X date they revert to the Crown.

Any help?

Thanks!

LaRae
These are the latest guidelines and procedures governing the acceptance, classification, recording, retention and disposal of gifts by Members of The Royal Family. They replace those originally issued in 1995, which were subsequently updated in 2000 and 2002, and are subject to regular review to ensure that they continue to reflect best practice and prevailing circumstances.
https://www.royal.uk/sites/default/files/media-packs/gifts_policy_2003.pdf

The Queen has some very exquisite jewels.

It’s going to be nice to see the younger royal ladies wearing them more. The jewels only look dated because we all are used to seeing older ladies wearing them. The young royals can bring back the youth in the jewels. Just as the youthful Elizabeth and Margaret did in their day.

:previous: No. Some of them do look dated and are out of fashion.

I grant you that if popular people started wearing brooches again, more ladies would wear brooches.

But I remember a time in the 80s when brooches became popular again. I have some treasured (UGLY, but beloved) brooches from the period. I also bought a number of Estate brooches from jewelers, because ether were affordable and appealed to me.

Today, they look dated and out of fashion. I save them because they mean something to me. But some of them are just ugly. And I know that because my taste improves with age.

Her Majesty's brooches look great on her. But many would not suit members of the family. Styles come and go today so fast that nothing sticks (based on its inherent style alone). The good stuff cycles back into and out of fashion. But that's not true of all her brooches. JMO.

:previous: No. Some of them do look dated and are out of fashion.

I grant you that if popular people started wearing brooches again, more ladies would wear brooches.

But I remember a time in the 80s when brooches became popular again. I have some treasured (UGLY, but beloved) brooches from the period. I also bought a number of Estate brooches from jewelers, because ether were affordable and appealed to me.

Today, they look dated and out of fashion. I save them because they mean something to me. But some of them are just ugly. And I know that because my taste improves with age.

Her Majesty's brooches look great on her. But many would not suit members of the family. Styles come and go today so fast that nothing sticks (based on its inherent style alone). The good stuff cycles back into and out of fashion. But that's not true of all her brooches. JMO.

Question....When does any diamond be it in a brooch, ring or whatever look out of fashion? If there are any diamonds laying around that are *out of fashion* please give them to me for I will gladly wear them with glee....:lol::lol:

Question....When does any diamond be it in a brooch, ring or whatever look out of fashion? If there are any diamonds laying around that are *out of fashion* please give them to me for I will gladly wear them with glee....:lol::lol:

Diamonds as a jewel itself will never be dated. But what they are set in can be. Just like fashion, clothes, jewelry can look old fashioned/out dated. The way they are fashioned. And just the item as well. Wearing brooches isn't trendy for certain age groups. On someone younger, it would look dated. Depends on the style, a more modern brooch. Some of Maxima's costume jewelry (not the giant bugs) would be considered more fashionable by many, then a row of pearls and a brooch. Good for grandma but not for someone below 40.

Back
Top Bottom