Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Current Events 8: June 2018 - present

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the same, it is a bit bad when the Grand Duchess is alos living outside Luxembourg
Was there any alternative? Out of sight, out of mind, mainly. Had she stayed, the discontent of all sides would have been mounting, her every step scrutinized and her constantly complaining that *she* was the real victim.

The Waringo report was The Very Bad Thing. Nothing good could follow in the aftermath. In my estimation, a bit bad is nothing compared to this. A Grand Duchess in Luxembourg is a rather different beast from a (confirmed) bullying Grand Duchess living there. Redeeming herself would have taken decades and she still maintains that she did nothing wrong. I don't think it likely that she would have kept a low profile. She would have wanted to repeat her version and innocence again and again. Much worse than living abroad.

Last edited:
I meant that she's making it sound like a good thing that her children live outside Luxembourg, but she herself has been pretty much forced into a situation where she has to live outside Lux. Its one thing for younger children to live away from the country, if they want to.. but she is SUPPOSEd to be the wife of the reigning G Duke.. I htink they should abdicate and leave it to Guillaume...

I meant that she's making it sound like a good thing that her children live outside Luxembourg, but she herself has been pretty much forced into a situation where she has to live outside Lux. Its one thing for younger children to live away from the country, if they want to.. but she is SUPPOSEd to be the wife of the reigning G Duke.. I htink they should abdicate and leave it to Guillaume...
Who knows if Gillaume wants it right now, with an almost newborn child in their lives. They might be enjoying the still relatively mild number of official duties.

Yeah, they're all living outside of Lux, but no matter how "discreetly" Maria Teresa omits her own circumstances, I don't think anyone would actually draw a parallel. It's clear that her own situation is not to her liking, although I have to say it was mostly of her own making.

Who knows what conversations they hold behind closed doors.

All the same, it is a bit bad when the Grand Duchess is alos living outside Luxembourg

I think the Grand Duchess does not live outside Luxembourg full time. In the past few weeks she has had official acts in Luxembourg.

I have never had an issue with the way Henri and Maria Teresa raised their five children. They have almost all completely avoided notoriety. HGD Guillaume is one of best prepared Royal heirs.

I had no idea that they were all( except Gui) encouraged by their parents to make lives for themselves outside the Grand Duchy.

Very wise ...for many reasons.

ETA very cute how MT refers to little Prince Charles as a "baby wonder". He is absolutely adorable for sure.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
"On the occasion of International Children's Book Day, rediscover this unique interpretation of the Grand Duchess of "D’Maus Kätti", a famous fable by Auguste Liesch, accompanied by cellist Annemie Osborne."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNKipLzhl2s/

Last edited:
:previous:

A 5 minute video of ABC's interview with the Grand Duchess:

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/culture/video/monarchies-exist-world-77337970

It seems that the palace staff was off as nobody told HRH that part of her earring fell off before the interview started. I don't think I have heard the GDss speaking English before. She navigated her way nicely around the question about difficulties as an outsider marrying in.

Last edited:
I believe all the married in agree with that, particularly those who were coming from a different culture/country. I remember Queen Silvia talking about a headache and how Prince Bertil helped as well!

:previous:

A 5 minute video of ABC's interview with the Grand Duchess:

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/culture/video/monarchies-exist-world-77337970

It seems that the palace staff was off as nobody told HRH that part of her earring fell off before the interview started. I don't think I have heard the GDss speaking English before. She navigated her way nicely around the question about difficulties as an outsider marrying in.

I thought an excellent but brief interview with GD MT, her command of English was very good. MT may be somewhat of a polyglot traveling and living in several countries at such a young age. And, yes, very nicely done regarding marrying in to a royal family. As for the earrings, mismatched earrings has become a trend among the fashionable. :cool: https://www.jewelryshoppingguide.com/how-wear-mismatched-earrings/

She forgot how unrespectful she was to Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte ! Even the invited Members of the Press were shocked !

Was Maria Teresa referring to Meghan Markle when she said that when you are confronted by things that you don't want to do, you don't complain and denounce the entire system that you belong to because its an enormous privilege to belong to royalty? It certainly seems like a barb directed straight at Meghan.

On a side note, what happened to her earring? Was she trying to make a fashion statement? Also, wish that she would stop cutting her hair so short and spraying all of that tanning powder on! She would look better with longer hair and without that tanning power. She wants a little color, she can put some rouge on, but that tanning powder is getting tired. And that bright glittery, Alexander McQueen jacket for a Grand Duchess's daytime interview?

First , the Castle of Berg is not nice , Why not at the Royal Palace?
Second , She looked not royal at all with a too narrow evening Jacket , a long and a short earring etc..
Third Five minutes interview is nothing !

Last edited:
I remember seeing a picture of the Grand Duchess wearing these earring before. I believe one is short no one is long. A take off of some earrings where left side is white and right side is black. Just a fashion statement which I don’t care for.

Recently vaccinated against COVID-19, the Grand Duke Henri went to the vaccination center in the hangar @LARAirRescue to learn about site logistics & greet the staff mobilized in the vaccination campaign.

https://monarchie.lu/fr/actualites/visite-du-centre-de-vaccination-au-hangar-luxembourg-air-rescue

Grand Duke Henri received in audience Mrs. Julie Becker, new Managing Director of the Luxembourg Stock Exchange, and her predecessor Mr. Robert Scharfe.

https://scontent.fath3-4.fna.fbcdn....=845988527175cfe4965109578417fa60&oe=60B0E45D

Last edited:
I remember seeing a picture of the Grand Duchess wearing these earring before. I believe one is short no one is long. A take off of some earrings where left side is white and right side is black. Just a fashion statement which I don’t care for.

I can see those earrings on a young single woman in her 20s who is going out at night to party, but on a 64 year old Grand Duchess who is grandmother to 5 children? And that Alexander McQueen jacket for a daytime interview????

She looked like if she was going out to a disco! In my opinion, totally inappropriate. Not even her own daughter-in-law Stephanie, or Kate Middleton who is young enough to be her daughter dresses like that.

She is clearly in a rebellious stage; so this fits perfectly with her general behavior.

It's a nice, fluff piece. I didn't have a problem with GD Maria Teresa's clothes. The pink jacket brightened up the outfit. Makeup was a bit heavy.
She forgot how unrespectful she was to Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte ! Even the invited Members of the Press were shocked !
Of course she's not going to mention that or the Waringo report, or her living in Paris/Biarritz, or interviews about being mistreated by the press/government moves to limit her role. Again, fluff piece and many Americans probably couldn't find Luxembourg on a map.
First , the Castle of Berg is not nice , Why not at the Royal Palace?
Second , She looked not royal at all with a too narrow evening Jacket , a long and a short earring etc..
Third Five minutes interview is nothing !
Berg Castle is lovely and the GD couple's official residence. The palace is the workplace. I don't know Luxembourg's current COVID restrictions. Maybe there were too many employees at the palace to accommodate a camera crew and MT's personal staff.

Luxembourg Grand Ducal Family in the past :
The President of the United States John F Kennedy invited Grand Duchesse Charlotte on April 30 th 1963 to a State Visit . At that time it was a great Honor.
She asked her Son Hed Grand Duke Jean to come with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom