The Prince of Wales Current Events 2: July-November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I love animals but seriously, does PETA not have anything better to do? They are more bloodthirsty than some of the hunters they stalk.

Avalon said:
PETA Vows to Hound the Prince Until the Use of Bearskin Hats Is Ended

Prince Charles is in for a bear of a time: A PETA member dressed in a bear costume has vowed to follow Prince Charles to all his upcoming public engagements. Waving a sign reading, “Save My Skin”, PETA’s “bear” will greet Prince Charles on Tuesday during his visit to the Warwickshire County Cricket Ground. The “bear” will continue to be present at every upcoming royal engagement until Prince Charles convinces Queen Elizabeth II to switch to faux fur for the Buckingham Palace Guards’ ceremonial bearskin hats.

I am sure the guardsmen will also give a hearty cheer when these ridiculous, heavy, hot and smelly hats are replaced! :lol:

Skydragon said:
Charles tribute for Prayer Book

Prince Charles has praised the "power and majesty" of the Book of Common Prayer on the 450th anniversary of the martyrdom of its author Thomas Cranmer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5351250.stm
At our 2006 Diocesan Synod in the Diocese of Christchurch NZ it was noted by one Parish Representative that we could begin our morning services with the Book of Common Prayer and that the same power and majesty was repeated around the world for the following 24 hours. Pretty amazing. :)

Charles takes a bite of Dracula country

trans.gif
THE Prince of Wales is buying a retreat in Transylvania, the region of Romania famous as the home of Count Dracula. The prince hopes to inject new life into a historic village listed as a world heritage site

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-2361464,00.html

Prince Charles over-eggs the royal prerogative

trans.gif
THE list of the Prince of Wales’s idiosyncracies has grown longer. Alongside the squeezing of toothpaste on to his brush by footmen and the one-sided conversations with plants can be added his fussiness about boiled eggs.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2371689,00.html

New book reveals Charles's seven egg habit

With power comes the obligation to reach agonising decisions: completely runny, just set, soft-boiled or as hard-boiled as the rock of ages?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/monarchy/story/0,,1879327,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=11

http://www.guardian.co.uk/monarchy/story/0,,1879334,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=1

I would think that by only writing memo's to Burrell (if indeed it was true), Charles shows he judged the man correctly. :lol:
As for the eggs, I'm fussy too and I talk to my animals, don't we all? :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Skydragon said:
Prince Charles over-eggs the royal prerogative

trans.gif
THE list of the Prince of Wales’s idiosyncracies has grown longer. Alongside the squeezing of toothpaste on to his brush by footmen and the one-sided conversations with plants can be added his fussiness about boiled eggs.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2371689,00.html

I would think that by only writing memo's to Burrell (if indeed it was true), Charles shows he judged the man correctly. :lol:

As for the eggs, I'm fussy too and I talk to my animals, don't we all? :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

This article has to be one of the most stupid, I have ever read: what does it matter how PoW prefers the eggs boiled?:ohmy: :wacko:
I have my own preferences and like when eggs are prepared exactly as I like it. Apparanntely is called over-fussing now.

Skydragon, I am joining, anyone, who has an animal, is definitely talking to them. I talk to my horses and no one can change my mind that they understand me. :lol: ;)

Last edited:
I really hope that story is not true because otherwise, that just *screams* primadonna.

Sister Morphine said:
I really hope that story is not true because otherwise, that just *screams* primadonna.

It falls in the same cathegory as tale about Camilla being pelted with bread rolls in the local supermarket :lol:

AgnesK said:
It falls in the same cathegory as tale about Camilla being pelted with bread rolls in the local supermarket :lol:

I can't imagine grown adults throwing bread at someone in a supermarket.

I also for some reason can't picture Camilla shopping at Tescos.

Print such a nonsense story, which also turns to be false! :lol:
Quick, someone, give the tabloids some material to work with!

Sister Morphine said:
I also for some reason can't picture Camilla shopping at Tescos.

So-called pelting was said to be at Sainsbury ;) But to be serious I can imagine Camilla at Tesco but image of Charles examining a row of seven boiled eggs - that's too much for me :ROFLMAO:

AgnesK said:
So-called pelting was said to be at Sainsbury ;) But to be serious I can imagine Camilla at Tesco but image of Charles examining a row of seven boiled eggs - that's too much for me :ROFLMAO:

For me either, especially as it doesn't sound as if he kicked his cook out of his service afterwards due to his unprofessionalism. Any cook worth his salt is able to cook eggs perfectly. And even if he isn't, there are these little machines on the market who do it for him... :lol:

Okay, if a new cook was employed, I guess it's as good as any method to determine how the perfect egg for his employer looks like (didn't the last cook leave the service of the prince not so long ago on selling his secrets?) and from then on he/she knows how to do it. So, well, on thinking about it I guess it could have happened once if the eggs were important enough for the prince's happiness ;) , but after going through that procedure once any cook worth of this job description is able to produce the perfect egg.

Every week you can read new rubbish things from someone who only wants to make money with a book about Charles&Camilla.
But i also know that there are people who believe stories about Charles` seven boiled eggs and other gossip in these books.....sad but true.....and these poeple are the same, who say that Charles will be not a good king....:mad:

Anyhow...i will eat next sunday seven breakfast eggs...and i hope that Charles, you and me, we all are speaking to flowers and tomatos, and, of course, to animals too.;)

Let us join in pity at Charles' long suffering cooks. The unfairness of having to put eight eggs in a pot all at once and take them out at different times to get the right consistency. How terribly cruel of Charles to put his cooks under so much stress after all the work they have to do, after all they have to cook breakfast for Camilla too. Poor overworked cooks. I wonder if they can sue him if they get carpal tunnel egg syndrome. Where's his compassion for the little people? (sigh) These royals!

Meanwhile any young mother of young children has had to do more than that to get fussy children to eat and she doesn't get paid for it.

Somehow my sympathy is lacking here. Does that make me a bad person? :D

And the fact that there's no proof for this and Clarence House have said it's rubbish doesn't matter?

BeatrixFan said:
And the fact that there's no proof for this and Clarence House have said it's rubbish doesn't matter?

The point is that we don't know what the "friend of the prince" told exactly and what exactly Clarence House denied.

I mean, it is quite beyond my comprehension how someone could "invent" such a story. An invention needs effort, a reason to do it and a result of the action. I don't see the reason there. As for the result,I'm not sure what this could be apart from selling the book. But even that.... Who buys a book with such childish and somehow uninteresting stories in it?

I'm not much interested in the way Charles eats (or doesn't eat) his eggs. I certainly can't imagine Camilla sitting opposite the prince at breakfast watching in fascination how morning after morning (or hunt after hunt) 6 eggs go down the drain... Or do they eat egg salad the next day (each next day!), made from the spurned and disdained eggs? Or are these made into decorations for the sandwiches for the afternoon tea? Maybe even presented to the queen if she shows up for a nice cuppa? I'm appalled at the ideas this inspiring new Royality-writer induces - even provokes! - in my normally so sensible mind. ;)

If this is the stuff this new book contains, I gladly recur to the book by the butler - he at least did not go into too much details about the prince's eccentricities. Which I like and enjoy, BTW. Some writer would have a field day if they knew about my own eccentricities - on knowing them, they would not need to invest in their own effort to "invent" stories, they could just attribute them to the prince and sell effortlessly, well, a series of six articles to the Guardian, Mail or to the Jamie Oliver fanzine.

LOL! :ROFLMAO: This story really made my day...

What's happened is that they've plied some moron with booze, he's made up a few tales and Jeremy (I'm a raging leftie Republican) Paxman is flogging them in a book. Clarence House has said that there is absolutely no truth in these claims that Charles is extravagant and fussy. And if he is, he's entitled to be. So what if his cook has to boil 8 eggs - that's what he's paid for. This is just ridiculous and it just gives fuel to the anti-Charles brigade who you throw this about as fact. I'm afraid I don't see the funny side.

BeatrixFan said:
What's happened is that they've plied some moron with booze, he's made up a few tales and Jeremy (I'm a raging leftie Republican) Paxman is flogging them in a book. Clarence House has said that there is absolutely no truth in these claims that Charles is extravagant and fussy. And if he is, he's entitled to be. So what if his cook has to boil 8 eggs - that's what he's paid for. This is just ridiculous and it just gives fuel to the anti-Charles brigade who you throw this about as fact. I'm afraid I don't see the funny side.

The Royals have survived so many books and so many claims that were far worse then that. Claims coming from people much closer to the RF, people much more believable. It's ridiculous, you're right about that but it will only give fuel to people who won't support Charles anyway while I believe that such an incredibly stupid story may make some people think about what they believe about Charles or even let them sway in their antipathies.

I heard this story before in Wendy's "Housekeeper's diary". If I am not wrong, she did mention that the cook had to cook several eggs for Prince Charles because noone can ensure the egg would reach his standard. Prince Charles is very picky in the way he lives and the way he eats which are quite true. He is just born to be the kind of person who has very high demands of the quality of his life. Just his position helps spoiling him. 7 eggs? No. But 3-4 eggs, probably yes. I will have a look at the Wendy's book and find the paragraph and compare it with 7 egg tale.

BeatrixFan said:
So what if his cook has to boil 8 eggs -

Now we are talking about 8 eggs. I thought there were 7 at first ;) Next week we'll get undoubtly to 55 :lol: ?

Jo of Palatine said:
The Royals have survived so many books and so many claims that were far worse then that.

And truths. If Camillagate didn't destroy Charles, I doubt the boiled egg story will. :ROFLMAO:

And I, too, talk to animals. Indeed I am rather suspicious of people who do not.

Sounds like another slow day in the tabloid offices.... :rolleyes:

What's irritating is the news sites (or rather, royal gossip sites pretending to be news sites) that pick up this story and turn it around, so that Charles and his press office are now the bad guys for denying such a stupid story when they apparently didn't speak out about people making up stories against his former wife.

Honestly, the man can't win. :bang:

Last edited:
Jo of Palatine said:
I'm not much interested in the way Charles eats (or doesn't eat) his eggs. I certainly can't imagine Camilla sitting opposite the prince at breakfast watching in fascination how morning after morning (or hunt after hunt) 6 eggs go down the drain...

I have to confess to being slightly puzzled by the source. Hunting as we all know was banned, Camilla and Charles gave up before it was banned (the exact year escapes me - very late night :rolleyes: ) So what hunt is he talking about?

Perhaps it's an egg hunt? :ROFLMAO:

The ´egg- story´ is really too stupid to talk seriously about it....nobody can believe it....eight eggs....ridiculous!
But the serious part of this story is, that someone wants to paint a bad pic of Charles, someone wants to make us believe that the Prince is only extravagant, wasteful and a little crazy...not fit to be a king!
And therefore i agree with BeatrixFan, it is not amusing. And i understand why Clarence House gave up that statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom