Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 13: October 2008-February 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mail Online referred to Sarah as 'former royal', quite accurate reporting.

I wonder was she a paying guest or invited for a celebrity status

It's hard to know at this point, ada; as I said in a previous post, she doesn't get much press here in the US anymore. However, it does seem as if she's surrounded by photogs wherever she goes.

Pics 6.12.2008

Sarah Ferguson, The Duchess of York, poses for photos before signing
copies of her new childrens book, Tea for Ruby at Waterstones in Harrods
on 06 December, 2008 in London, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Sarah looks great in these pictures! Thank you, iceflower.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
You are most welcome, Mermaid1962 :flowers:
I've found two additional ones :

The first one is interesting as Sarah seems to have gotten
a portrait as a present or at least was asked to sign it ;)
** Pic 1 **

The second one is quite cute, the pics with her little fans are
often the best :)
** Pic 2 **

I agree, Sarah looks very good in these photos. Thanks, Ice. I like the photos of her w the kiddies, too. I esp. like that huge pink tea cup in that last photo. Now there's a good cup of tea!!!

And I think I would like what's inside that nice tea cup :D

Here's an additional gallery with many more pics from the book
signing ----> Gallery

I agree, Sarah looks very good in these photos. Thanks, Ice. I like the photos of her w the kiddies, too. I esp. like that huge pink tea cup in that last photo. Now there's a good cup of tea!!!

Perhaps it is what the very refined ladies sitting in a tea shop used to sip from a teacup, white tea = gin.:whistling:

Blimey, if you sipped that much gin you wouldn't stay refined for very long...:frazzled:

Seriously, isn't it full of little chocolate bars or something? Looks pretty good to me at any rate.:D

Yes, and they look very tempting. That is what most little girls want in their teacups! :lol:

Yes, and they look very tempting. That is what most little girls want in their teacups! :lol:

And the big girls the gin? I suppose you know what they call Gin in England "mother´s ruin".....
A cup full of that Elspeth and I don´t think the ladies could even pronounce the word refined....:lol:

And the big girls the gin? I suppose you know what they call Gin in England "mother´s ruin".....
A cup full of that Elspeth and I don´t think the ladies could even pronounce the word refined....:lol:
Heck with the gin!! Go with rum and coke or merlot!! :wine: :D
Sarah looks good in these pictures, but why no color on her lips? I think just a tad darker would go a long way to make her look striking.

Actually, our friend came back from England and shared pictures last night. She, and the other ladies, would like to have an authentic tea party!

Last edited:
Sarah, where did you get that coat? Hopefully there were some mirrors in Winter Wonderland and we won't see it again

Pics of Sarah today, Buckingham Gate, London - 11 Dec 2008.
Ibl
Ibl

Thanks for the links Ice and giov. I think Sarah looks pretty good in all pics. I actually like the coat she's wearing at the amusement park. It's flattering to her and is sorta festive w/out being too daring or young.

She seems to be spending a lot more time in the UK lately; I wonder if this is due to lack of work commitments in the US? Or maybe she has work commitments in the UK and Europe. Until fairly recently, it seems most of her time was spent in the US.

I've noticed that as well, that she's spending a lot of time in the UK. Perhaps she's simply tired of all that travelling.:flowers:]

I'm just relieved to see Bea in the daytime instead of coming out of some club at 2 am! I thought Sarah looked lovely, however, I am growing weary of seeing her in black tights and ballerina flats constantly. Please, Sarah, purchase some flesh toned hose and a shoe with a little bit of heel!!

I will have to agree with you on that statement, jcbcode!! I must say, however. that it was great to see the two of them having so much fun at the Park. :)

I've also noticed that Sarah is spending a lot of her time in the U.K. now. It's kind of funny because she used to talk about wanting to move to the U.S. permanently. I think there was even talk of Beatrice and Eugenie getting their educations there, at one point, but of course as HRHs they couldn't. But I think Sarah liked the U.S. because it gave her an opportunity to "prove" and reinvent herself. Now that she has done so, I think she is coming back to the U.K. in a new role...as speaker or humanitarian ambassador or whatever she considers herself...in hopes of being accepted there again. Actually, I think Sarah's main life goal ever since her divorce has been to gain acceptance again, both by the British media and the royal family. It's pretty obvious. So it's no real surprise that she's spending more time in Britain.

It seems to me that she has never been able to figure out where she fits--has never been able to find her niche. Not in the RF, not as a divorced former royal working mostly in the US. Now she's back in the UK, again trying to find a place to fit.

It seems to me that she has never been able to figure out where she fits--has never been able to find her niche. Not in the RF, not as a divorced former royal working mostly in the US. Now she's back in the UK, again trying to find a place to fit.

Well said, and very true I think. I have always enjoyed Sarah's zest for life; unfortunantly, many people with that same zest often make some tumbles and bad decisions. Sarah didn't quite fit in with the royal family because she had such a gregarious personality. I think she would probably be great fun to be around unfortunantly, because of her position she wasn't really allowed to "be herself" and was probably quite often stiffled. Of course, that doesn't excuse the toe-sucking and bad spending habits, but those are other issues entirely. I think that she now looks very happy, relaxed, and is enjoying her children. I am also pleased to see them at an amusement park rather than some posh club--it looks better to the public to see them some good, old-fashioned fun.

With the economy as it is in the US at this point there is very little chance for financial backing on any projects. Perhaps Sarah's projects have been put on hold in the US this is why she stays in the UK now.

Who knows?? But her description of what her requirerments are certainly seem to be a carbon copy of Andrew...

IMO she always comes across as needy, and that's why she makes such bad choices with men. Maybe it's time to concentrate on making a decent life for herself without needing the boyfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom