Prince William Current Events 8: February-May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kpusa1981 said:
I think that2nd Lt. Henry Wales is 6'2 = 1.89. William is 6'3"= 1.915

Well I don't think I will worry about a difference of an inch, (depending where you get your info, Harry is 6' 1" or 6' 2", the conversion was for the 6' 1" in kaydura0717's post) or in Williams case 0.015 cm. :D

pollyemma said:
honestly cant people just give the guy a break....

the photos are interesting though

Hey, this is the News of the World and they only ever print the truth, don't they! :D :D

So William drinks, tell me somthing I don't know lol. The reason its considered a big deal is because William is seen as the sensible prince who is a good boy while Harry is portrayed as a party prince. So now that the tables are turned the papers are having a field day.

I wonder if William will spend his Easter holiday with Kate? Same question for Harry and Chelsy. Anyone know.

Well they could have since they weren't at the church services. It's more likely that Harry will spend Easter with Chelsy since they don't get to spend that much time together.

2 tiny winy images of William at Harry's Sandhurst Ball

(from sipa via newscom)

i think the press should give Prince William a break after all he is only human and he needs to let his hair down while hes still young and able to do so.

i wounder what its like to drink with William? :D

Last edited:
Who doesn't drinks even a little?
I agree with Frosty_lady, the press should give to both princes a break (and not only to them). They're humans and they needs some privates.
What's wrong with these photos? It could be a big thing if Wills on Harry would be in gays club or smth like that.

The problem seems to be that it is unusual for someone to be sent to their room at a passing out ball. They are energetic affairs at the best of times but, William and his friends overstepped the mark.

Another article on the party

All heirs and no graces as royals drink to army life
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,18832356-401,00.html

And on the Herald Sun website, up the top above the big 'Herald Sun', there's a picture with the title 'Whatever Happens...You'll Find It At...', and there's a picture of Charles and Diana's wedding, where they're in the carriage and they've replaced Charles' face with William's and Diana's with.....Paris Hilton!!! :eek: :eek:
**It might take a few goes to get this picture working....it's not the only picture thing they have for advertising

The way I read the NOTW article, the top brass was more upset at someone impersonating an officer than the drinking.

i don't know whether this is the right thread to post since there is none of William & Harry's current thread, so moderators, please feel free to move the post.

Prince William and girlfreind Kate Middleton, with Prince Harry and girlfreind Chelsy Davy, on a nightout at the Boujis nightclub in South Kensington. Harry left the club separately via the backdoor leaving William to look after Chelsy, as Kate left the club alone with bodyguards in a different vehicle. London. UK.
13TH APRIL 2006

photos from BrunoPress :

Attachments

• MTX_ROYALS_36300_01.jpg
    MTX_ROYALS_36300_01.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 267
  • MTX_ROYALS_36300_02.jpg
    MTX_ROYALS_36300_02.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 245
  • MTX_ROYALS_36300_03.jpg
    MTX_ROYALS_36300_03.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 245
  • MTX_ROYALS_36300_04.jpg
    MTX_ROYALS_36300_04.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 309
  • MTX_ROYALS_36300_05.jpg
    MTX_ROYALS_36300_05.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 319
  • MTX_ROYALS_36300_06.jpg
    MTX_ROYALS_36300_06.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 308
  • MTX_ROYALS_36300_07.jpg
    MTX_ROYALS_36300_07.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 305
  • MTX_ROYALS_36300_08.jpg
    MTX_ROYALS_36300_08.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 225
several more from brunopress :

Attachments

• MTX_ROYALS_36300_09.jpg
    MTX_ROYALS_36300_09.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 271
  • MTX_ROYALS_36300_10.jpg
    MTX_ROYALS_36300_10.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 252
  • MTX_ROYALS_36300_11.jpg
    MTX_ROYALS_36300_11.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 224
  • MTX_ROYALS_36300_12.jpg
    MTX_ROYALS_36300_12.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 222
Is Prince Harry the one with the blond girl??..i dont think so..he looks different to the Prince..Kate and William are recognizable

I think Kate is the one with white top, black pants, & black jacket (post #401, pic 5 & 6)
Chelsy looks a bit different (perhaps different hairstyle?). According to the caption, she's the one William with. (wearing the pink top)
Harry is not pictured on the photos.

purple_platinum said:
I think Kate is the one with white top, black pants, & black jacket (post #401, pic 5 & 6)
Chelsy looks a bit different (perhaps different hairstyle?). According to the caption, she's the one William with. (wearing the pink top)
Harry is not pictured on the photos.

Thanks for the aclaration Purple :)

How could Prince William pretending he was an officer when everyone who he is and what doing at the moment?

Incas said:
The way I read the NOTW article, the top brass was more upset at someone impersonating an officer than the drinking.

That was one of Williams friends, not William. :)

I Never thought Id say this but , Henry has Impressed me :)

^ Me too though I knew I was goin to have to say that someday. He's turned out quite well the lad.

Skydragon said:
That was one of Williams friends, not William. :)
Oh, I got that. I didn't say William did the impersonation.

IMO, I am one who cannot condone both of the Prince's behavior. :( They both seem to have a both drinking problem, foul mouths and ego problem, in that they go way overboard to get deliberately drunk, curse loudly and may delight in that in their position they just don't give a hoot how they act in public--calling it only a Hooray Harry celebration. Other's of you out there may call me a prude or criticize me for not accepting their behavior, but that's okay. These boys are in a position, albeit not at their chosing, to demostrate an upmost dignified behavior of a prince or just a controlled social drinker and not a drunk. If the papers are to be believed, then their behavior over the first few days of the passing out time, should not be acceptable to anyone. Not everyone at the passing out party seem to act the way the Windsor boys did. They demostrated more control and disciplline. If the Windsor boys are not able to demostrate the control and discipline that the other cadets did, then I wouldn't want to be ordered about by them.:(

^ Well since you're from the USA like me we won't have to be ordered by them.

HRH Kimetha said:
IMO, I am one who cannot condone both of the Prince's behavior. :( They both seem to have a both drinking problem, foul mouths and ego problem, in that they go way overboard to get deliberately drunk, curse loudly and may delight in that in their position they just don't give a hoot how they act in public--calling it only a Hooray Harry celebration. Other's of you out there may call me a prude or criticize me for not accepting their behavior, but that's okay. These boys are in a position, albeit not at their chosing, to demostrate an upmost dignified behavior of a prince or just a controlled social drinker and not a drunk. If the papers are to be believed, then their behavior over the first few days of the passing out time, should not be acceptable to anyone. Not everyone at the passing out party seem to act the way the Windsor boys did. They demostrated more control and disciplline. If the Windsor boys are not able to demostrate the control and discipline that the other cadets did, then I wouldn't want to be ordered about by them.:(

Well-said. Although I really really like prince william.. how he portrays himself kind of disappoints me lately.

HRH Kimetha said:
If the papers are to be believed, then their behavior over the first few days of the passing out time, should not be acceptable to anyone.

I think the key phrase here is 'If the papers are to be believed' So often they are not.

Not to say there wasn't a little wildness at the party but as far as who did what and how much, stories of William and Harry getting drunk at a party sell papers faster than writing that Harry and William basically behaved themselves.

ysbel said:
I think the key phrase here is 'If the papers are to be believed' So often they are not.

Not to say there wasn't a little wildness at the party but as far as who did what and how much, stories of William and Harry getting drunk at a party sell papers faster than writing that Harry and William basically behaved themselves.

So true. However, it seems they do have a duty to behave themselves, whether it is "seldom they are drunk" or just plain drunk. They appear to be extremely rowdy guys and since they are in a position of being reported for every move they make, they should be more conservative. Yes, they are young, but it seems they lack things to do other than hang out with friends that require heavy drink, smoke and loud music to enjoy themselves. But, of course, we wouldn't be discussing them if that is all they did do. Anyway, just voicing my opinion. Not mean to step on any sensitive toes.:)

kaydura0717 said:
^ Well since you're from the USA like me we won't have to be ordered by them.

True, and if they continue their wild behavior, perhaps the British themselves (governmental anti-monarchists) may have enough of it and cut the royal finances to where the princes may find themselves a "prince/king without a country" to support them. They are now in the army and picking up a paycheck and perhaps that is good for the guys. They have been quite disappointing to me of late. Not a great way to overshadow the Queen's 80th birthday. Their antics are grabbing some of the headlines.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
HRH Kimetha said:
So true. However, it seems they do have a duty to behave themselves, whether it is "seldom they are drunk" or just plain drunk. They appear to be extremely rowdy guys and since they are in a position of being reported for every move they make, they should be more conservative. Yes, they are young, but it seems they lack things to do other than hang out with friends that require heavy drink, smoke and loud music to enjoy themselves. But, of course, we wouldn't be discussing them if that is all they did do. Anyway, just voicing my opinion. Not mean to step on any sensitive toes.:)

I don't think you are stepping on anyones toes, it was disgraceful behavior and would have been from a non royal. These 'men' are supposed to set a good example.

It is very unusual for a guest to be sent home from a passing out ball. The fact that William is a cadet makes it even worse. These events can be rowdy but, most people, whilst enjoying themselves, show respect for other guests and Officers present.

Lets hope this was just a blip in his normal behavior. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom