Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 17: September-November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalon

Heir Apparent
City
Yerevan
Country
Armenia
Welcome to the Charles and Camilla current events thread, part 14.

September - November 2006

Part 13 (July-Sept 2006) can be found here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Charles gets 'The Pump'

A community centre designed by, and for, young people has been praised by the Prince of Wales today.
Addressing trainee carpenters, bricklayers and others involved in working on the £3.8 million development in Lea Village, Birmingham, Charles thanked those responsible for realising his dream and described the project as something everyone should be proud of.

Charles and Camilla's Brum innings

Talented young cricketers in Kitts Green were looking forward to showing off their skills to royal visitors today.
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall were visiting the Shard End Community Building Project to meet youngsters involved in the building of the centre.

Last edited:
Charles and Camilla visit sharp end community building project

from abaca

That looks like the paddle from when schools had corporal punishment! :D

"CAPTION : The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall with students of The Birmingham Royal Ballet, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK, on September 12, 2006. Photo by Brian Bould"

2la4rqa.jpg

(abacapress)

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Charles, Prince of Wales paid a visit to a new youth community centre in Kitt's Green called The Shard End Community Building Project in Birmingham, England.

Photo by Pool/Tim Graham Picture Library/Getty Images

Last edited:
Charles, Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall visit the Prince's Trust twelve week cricketing programme at Edgbaston on September 12, 2006 in Birmingham, England.

Photo by Pool/Tim Graham Picture Library/Getty Images

Prince of Wales will visit Africa without Camilla

I just read at Google News that Charles is also understood to be considering a solo trip to Africa.
Clarence House is expected to officially announnce the trips to Pakistan and to Africa within weeks but will not reveal the exect itineraries for security reasons.

That word "considering" is perfect. It gives the tabloids the leeway to claim that Charles doesn't want Camilla on the visit whilst nothing is actually set in stone. It'll be nice to see Charles and Camilla in Pakistan but I wish they'd visit a country with a Monarchy so we can see Camilla in a tiara.

Is it revealed whether Camilla will have any official engagements during Prince Charles' presumed visit to Africa?
I'm with you, Sam, hope next time they visit a Monarchy, It's quite some time we haven't seen Camilla in tiara!

When visiting a monarchy they should visit the Netherlands! ;) I would go totally out of my mind and grab my camera and run off to Amsterdam, The Hague or whatever! :lol:

Maxie said:
When visiting a monarchy they should visit the Netherlands! ;) I would go totally out of my mind and grab my camera and run off to Amsterdam, The Hague or whatever! :lol:

Maxie, you really would have to get some stronger tablets or alcohol if they came to the Netherlands! :lol: :flowers:

Charles solo trip to Nigeria

After Charles has decided to make a solo trip to Nigeria, i read in the news from a new debate about Camilla´s involvement in royal duties. They write about a lack of interest in royal affairs....:bang:
Nobody mentioned that she will join Charles at this very very dangerous trip to Pakistan....
Nobody mentioned that she has more and more royal engagements, and that she makes a very good job for the crown and for her country....

When will they ever give her a fair chance????

:ROFLMAO: Thank you to all Charles&Camilla fans who gave me such a warm welcome in the forum. I think we should stick together!:flowers:

milla Ca said:
After Charles has decided to make a solo trip to Nigeria, i read in the news from a new debate about Camilla´s involvement in royal duties. They write about a lack of interest in royal affairs....:bang:
Nobody mentioned that she will join Charles at this very very dangerous trip to Pakistan....
Nobody mentioned that she has more and more royal engagements, and that she makes a very good job for the crown and for her country....

When will they ever give her a fair chance????

:ROFLMAO: Thank you to all Charles&Camilla fans who gave me such a warm welcome in the forum. I think we should stick together!:flowers:

Well, praising doesn't sell well. They need scandals and sensations and revelations...
Anyone, who knows and followes news on the Duchess of Cornwall knows she's doing a great job (imo at least!).
While Prince Charles is in Africa, Camilla might be doing more solo engagements and that's a good thing, again in my opinion.

Battle of Britain Service of Thanksgiving and Rededication

from abaca

544233wm8.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, fanletizia. A really great couple.

Thank you very much for the pictures, fanletizia!

Both Prince Charles and The Duchess of Cornwall look amazing! They are indeed a very nice couple.
That hat must be one of my favourites of the Duchess, it's simply fabulous!

Another one from yesterday inside the cathedral:

453c75i.jpg

(gettyimages)

Thanks for the photos.:flowers:
Not again hat like this!!:bang: Why she always must wear hats with grass and feathers?! It's boring. She needs a new hats or she should take off grass and feathers from her hats.
Btw. was she the only lady who wore light colours - outfit? The other ladies wore darker colours.

About that what milla Ca wrote. I'm not a fan of Camilla but I must admit that there are many stupid and unfair rumours about her. For ex. on short time after her father's death I read somewhere that Charles or RH told her that if she wouldn't start again her engagements he threaten her divorce etc.

I like this outfit. It's very stylish and when she wore it last time, the skirt was higher. It seems to be lower now and I noticed a new brooch with it rather than the Queen Mother's Art Deco Emerald Brooch. I think the hat compliments it very well and the hat is just the right shape for Camilla's face. I'm biased because I've only seen Camilla in one outfit I didn't like and that was her blue suit with the pillow on her head at the Trafalgar commemorations. But this one I like very much and I thought it was a good choice.

The Prince of Wales looked unusually dashing in that particular uniform that he wore in the cathedral! He looks a bit younger even! :flowers:

A few more pictures of the Battle of Britain Service of Thanksgiving and Rededication on September 17

Picture N 2 gives clear view of Camilla's outfit and N 3 is a rather nice picture of her hat. And I must admit I like both.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i152/Tais419/11-2.jpg
source - Pool/Anwar Hussein Collection/Getty Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom