Royals at Wimbledon 2008 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Queen enjoys her day at Wimbledon

Wimbledon 2010

I wonder if she would make a return visit if Andy Murray reached the final?

WIMBLEDON 2010: Murray bows to the Queen as she makes first visit to Wimbledon in 33 years | Mail Online

Why did she choose to attend this match, was it just to see Andy Murray.

I should hope that she goes to watch the final, even if he isn't in it.

The last time she took her seat on Centre Court, an English talent was crowned Wimbledon champion.

I heard she was only scheduled to attend until around 3pm that day and it just happened that Murray managed to win his match within the time frame for her being there and it also allowe the Queen to chat to both players on the terrace afterwards before the presentation of the replica trophies to her prior to departure

The Duke of York
Getty

Prince & Princess Michael of Kent/Viscount Linley
Getty

BBC coverage showed Princess Michael with Lord Freddie Windsor and Sophie today

I wonder if Felipe and Letizia are at the mens final today as they were both at the 2008 final that Nadal won and i know that quite often a spanish royal is in attendance if Nadal is in a major final

Last edited:
The Duke of Kent presenting runner up Tomas Berdych with his trophy (note caption on photo is wrong)
Life images

The Queen & The Duke of Kent applaud a point
Life images

Princess Mathilde of Belguim chatting with the Duke of Kent (2001)
Life images

Princess Diana with Duke of Kent Men's Final 1995
Life images
ditto

It's approaching that time of year again:):). Given the forthcoming tour of Canada, I wonder how likely it is that the Duchess of Cambridge will be in the Royal Box during the first week?
An interesting article which appeared some time ago suggesting Kate could become involved in the patronage of Wimbledon

Daily Mail

Previous sightings of Kate:
Hello 2007

Socialite Life 2008

The Independent 2009

Lucywho 2010

Well although not strictly a royal, Pippa has already been spotted at Wimbledon 2011

Pippa

An interesting article which appeared some time ago suggesting Kate could become involved in the patronage of Wimbledon
Aren't the Kent's patrons of Wimbledon? I don't think that should be changed...

Aren't the Kent's patrons of Wimbledon? I don't think that should be changed...

The Duke of Kent is. The Duchess hasn't been for a number of years now.

The Duke is also in his 70s now so it is possible that they are considering going with a younger royal in the next decade and Kate could fill the bill.

Elly C said:
Well although not strictly a royal, Pippa has already been spotted at Wimbledon 2011

Pippa

Apparently it was the Henmans who brought Pippa to Wimbledon last week. Watching the first coverage today has been wonderful.

The Duchess of Cornwall makes her first visit to the Centre Court .
The Mirror

Pipa is far more interesting than Princess ....
Everybody wants to know more about her! photographers especially!

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are currently watching the Andy Murray v Richard Gasquet match on Centre Court. See MRSJ's post in "Royal House of Fashion" for pics (post 226 in Duchess of Cambridge's daytime activities).

This question may be better suited to the Jewels section, but is the D of Cambridge wearing the same earrings that the Princess of Wales wore in 1986. I can't enlarge it enough to see the detail.

So pleased to see both William & Kate at Wimbledon. Hope this will become an annual visit

Sky news

So pleased to see both William & Kate at Wimbledon. Hope this will become an annual visit

Sky news

Next year we could see The Duchess becoming a patron and handling the cup. That would really nice!

Sky news

As per my earlier 'woo' I am absolutely delighted that DofCa had chance to attend today and rather ashamed to say that I screamed the house down when I saw that they were both there. It's great that they had the opportunity, with DofCa's apparent love of tennis and am keeping a secret hope that both or 1 of them maybe there again in the next day or so but realistically can't see that happening due to travelling to Canada.

ETA: and it's great that they appear to be staying for the day!! Good to see that Catherine can still enjoy some of her hobbies/interests.

Last edited:
I think they left before the end of the Nadal match, that has just finished, so they may have had other commitments.
I think at the moment the Duke and Duchess of Kent are patrons of the Lawn Tennis Association, they may not want to give up those roles just yet !

I was so excited to see them in attendance. I kinda wish they weren't starting their tour so soon, so that they could be there all week! And I also hope it becomes a regular appearance.

love the Kent brothers in the Wimbeldon ties

i love the ties on the Kent brothers.

Back
Top Bottom