Dutch Royal Children of the Past

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The names Willem and Maurice have been traditional and popular names in the House of Orange as male names .Other names used were Raymond,Philip, and Frederick.

Consorts names included Anna,Charlotte,Louise,Mary ,Elizabeth ,Eleonora,Amalia,Sophie and Wilhelmine.

The names Willem and Maurice have been traditional and popular names in the House of Orange as male names .Other names used were Raymond,Philip, and Frederick.

Willem and Maurits (not Maurice, that's only an anglicized version of this name) for sure. Frederik (without c) is also often used. Filips Willem was the name of Willem the Silent's oldest son (but not that often repeated). Other male names that were often used are Lodewijk and Hendrik.

But Raymond? Which princes are you referring to? It is not a common Dutch royal name at all as far as I am aware. Nowadays it would definitely not be used by the upper class.

Willem and Maurits (not Maurice, that's only an anglicized version of this name) for sure. Frederik (without c) is also often used. Filips Willem was the name of Willem the Silent's oldest son (but not that often repeated). Other male names that were often used are Lodewijk and Hendrik.

But Raymond? Which princes are you referring to? It is not a common Dutch royal name at all as far as I am aware. Nowadays it would definitely not be used by the upper class.

There were 3 Raymonds from 1282 to 1393
Remember the Principality of Orange originated in southern France and not the Netherlands.

House of Baux
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Baux#Simplified_Family_Tree_of_the_Lords_of_Baux

There were 3 Raymonds from 1282 to 1393
Remember the Principality of Orange originated in southern France and not the Netherlands.

House of Baux
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Baux#Simplified_Family_Tree_of_the_Lords_of_Baux

I see. I indeed looked to the Orange-Nassau family; as that's the family that has been known as the Family of Orange for several centuries now and is the focus of this topic (Dutch royal children) - but indeed, they got that title from a French family member and within that family, they surely had many other names that were regularly used but never incorporated in the Dutch Orange-Nassau family that ended up providing the monarchs of/for the Netherlands.

Hopefully some of the historical names will be reused by the next generation as opposed to modern ones!

Back
Top Bottom