Silver Jubilee of Queen Beatrix: April 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More pictures from yesterday

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 357
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 440
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 470
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 395
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 382
misshelen said:
more pictures from this morning in The Hague

Is there a better close up picture of Marilene from this event? In the few pictures I saw of Marilene behind the Queen and her sons and their wives, it looks like Marilene was wearing a gold satelite as a hat. :eek:

Larzen said:
I scratch my head over Maximas choice of the black and green coat:eek: , its downright ugly, however she herself looks rather nice, and very pregnant.

Count me in on the head scratching over Maxima's green and black coat. It looks like a green and black burlack sack cinched at the waist with curtain ties.

I know that Maxima is pregnant and that her condition makes finding evening gowns a bit harder, but is this really the best she could do?

I have to say I've been scratching my head on Maxima's green coat as well. It's not the most flattering thing I have ever seen her wear. It's pure gaudy and hurts my eyes to look. I think this outfit would fit in nicely over in the most terrible thread!

for me it is the clothes of laurentien again, the barbie shoes, colar of her jacket and the scarf around her neck that accentuates that she has not got one.

annette and aimee looked the best last night

Gabriella said:
I have to say I've been scratching my head on Maxima's green coat as well. It's not the most flattering thing I have ever seen her wear. It's pure gaudy and hurts my eyes to look. I think this outfit would fit in nicely over in the most terrible thread!

I really don't like what she was wearing. I thought that the anniversary was today though. Was it yesterday?

marezdote said:
I really don't like what she was wearing. I thought that the anniversary was today though. Was it yesterday?

Today is the official day from Queen's Beatrix 25th reigning jubilee. But yesterday was the start with a concert on the Damsquare in Amsterdam. And 25 years ago she became Queen also in Amsterdam. She wants to celibrate Queensday in The Hague and Scheveningen today.

misshelen said:
Today is the official day from Queen's Beatrix 25th reigning jubilee. But yesterday was the start with a concert on the Damsquare in Amsterdam. And 25 years ago she became Queen also in Amsterdam. She wants to celibrate Queensday in The Hague and Scheveningen today.

Thanks for clearing that up misshelen!:)

Your welcome marezdote! :) The first pictures from the visit in Scheveningen today. Most of the family in other clothes than in the morning.

Attachments

• bea.jpg
    bea.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 360
  • maxima.jpeg
    maxima.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 567
I like maximas hat
tell me about some of the events on queensday

Josefine said:
I like maximas hat
tell me about some of the events on queensday

In the morning (from 10 o'clock) was it more official with the Parliament in " De Ridderzaal " in The Hague. Afterwards there were schoolkids and they song for Queen Beatrix.

Then they leaving for a private lunch with the royal family. At 2 o'clock they arrived in Scheveningen. In the streets in Scheveningen were so many activities to do and they celebrated it with the Dutch people. Maxima was very popular..as usual.

Here is one picture from the activities. Prince Pieter van Vollenhoven and Prince Maurits "koekhappen""

Attachments

• mauritspieter.jpg
    mauritspieter.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 376
oeps...mistake not Maurits but Floris and Pieter C. Their financees were also in The Hague and Scheveningen. And they are doing it very good today especially Aimee.

misshelen said:
Here is one picture from the activities. Prince Pieter van Vollenhoven and Prince Maurits "koekhappen""

I could be wrong, but in this picture isn't it Pieter van Vollenhoven in the middle with Floris on the left and practically cut off is Pieter-Christiaan?

More pictures

Attachments

• max.jpeg
    max.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 533
  • bealach.jpeg
    bealach.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 536
  • oranje.jpg
    oranje.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 588
Also Crown Prince Willem Alexander in action during a traditional cake biting contest in the Dutch beach resort of Scheveningen, near The Hague, Netherlands, Saturday April 30, 2005. The Dutch celebrate Queen's day, a Dutch national holiday marking the birthday of the Queen's mother, and the 25th anniversary of Beatrix's coronation as Queen of the Netherlands.

And a picture from Beatrix and Maxima.

More pictures will follow..

Attachments

• wim.jpeg
    wim.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 420
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 375
  • maxi.jpeg
    maxi.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 544
More pics from Scheveningen

Attachments

• j.jpg
    j.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 423
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 396
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 387
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 318
  • i.jpg
    i.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 243
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 297
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 471
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 341
  • h.jpg
    h.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 357
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,802
and more...

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 321
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 341
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 287
  • beageit.jpg
    beageit.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 361
Great pics! It seems like such a fun event!

marezdote said:
Great pics! It seems like such a fun event!
Queen's day is our Dutch fun event marezdote.
Many people wear orange clothes and everybody ( young and old ) is happy.

Different pics from today:

Attachments

• newa.jpg
    newa.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 436
  • newb.jpg
    newb.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 424
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 358
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 360
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 477
Wow, these are really wonderful pics! What a great party! :)

Out of respect to the pregnancies, I won't comment on the choice of outfits for some of the ladies, let's just say I don't particularly "love" them.... :D

hihi GrandDuchess...:)

More pictures from the rest of the family part 1

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 340
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 401
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 393
  • 9a.jpg
    9a.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 419
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 421
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 370
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 345
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 385
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 401
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 365
family pictures part 2

Attachments

• 9k.jpg
    9k.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 337
  • 9o.jpg
    9o.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 343
  • 9n.jpg
    9n.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 374
  • 9m.jpg
    9m.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 336
  • 9l.jpg
    9l.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 345
  • 9j.jpg
    9j.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 368
  • 9i.jpg
    9i.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 406
  • 9e.jpg
    9e.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 382
  • 9d.jpg
    9d.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 369
  • 9b.jpg
    9b.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 343
family pictures part 3

Attachments

• 9v.jpg
    9v.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 352
  • 9z.jpg
    9z.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 377
  • 9x.jpg
    9x.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 365
  • 9w.jpg
    9w.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 371
  • 9u.jpg
    9u.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 342
  • 9s.jpg
    9s.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 341
  • 9r.jpg
    9r.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 430
  • 9q.jpg
    9q.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 358
  • 9p.jpg
    9p.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 325
  • 9t.jpg
    9t.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 346
family pictures part 4

Attachments

• 9zf.jpg
    9zf.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 356
  • 9zh.jpg
    9zh.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 318
  • 9zg.jpg
    9zg.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 356
  • 9ze.jpg
    9ze.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 313
  • 9zd.jpg
    9zd.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 342
  • 9zc.jpg
    9zc.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 345
  • 9zb.jpg
    9zb.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 423
  • 9y.jpg
    9y.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 338
  • 9za.jpg
    9za.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 404
  • 9zj.jpg
    9zj.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 339
family pictures part 5

Attachments

• 9zi.jpg
    9zi.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 307
  • 9zk.jpg
    9zk.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 308
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 291
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 197
very lovely pics wa and maxima

Attachments

• 9c.jpg
    9c.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 379
  • 9f.jpg
    9f.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 414
  • 9h.jpg
    9h.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 390
Thank you Misshelen ...What a beautiful bunch of pictures ...they seems all happy and having fun ... what a wonderful familly :)

The Programme Silver Jubilee
On 29 and 30 April the Silver Jubilee of Queen Beatrix is to begin in the national and court capitals, Amsterdam and The Hague. The jubilee programme, that lasts until December 2005, will be both festive and serious and, where possible, made by Dutch people using Dutch people.

A large number of Dutch have been invited to come to Amsterdam and The Hague. The programme can also be followed on television. The festivities are to be broadcasted live by the NOS.

Friday 29th of april
The programme begins with the unveiling of the National Remembrance in De Nieuwe Kerk on the Dam Square, where the Queen was installed 25 years ago. A little after 20.00 hours, the Queen and members of the royal family will leave the Royal Palace Amsterdam for De Nieuwe Kerk. They will be received there by the Mayor of Amsterdam, the Queen’s Commissioner for Noord-Holland, the director and chairperson of De Nieuwe Kerk Foundation and the chairman of the National Committee for the Queen Beatrix Silver Jubilee, Yvonne E.M.A. Timmerman-Buck. The Queen will then be addressed briefly by the chairman of the National Committee and she will be presented with the booklet about the window, written by Lien Heyting. The commemorative glas-strained window, by sculptor Marc Mulders, will be unveiled by the Queen to the accompaniment of organ music played by Bernard Winsemius.

Will take their places in De Nieuwe Kerk the chairpersons of the First and Second Chamber and of the States of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba, as well as the minister presidents of the Kingdom, the mayor and members of the city council of Amsterdam and the members National Committee, and the managements of companies and banks who contributed to this celebration in Amsterdam.

Concert on the Dam
After the unveiling of the window, the concert on the Dam Square will begin at 21.30 hours. The city council of Amsterdam, as capital of the country, will offer this concert to the Queen. The well-known soprano Angela Gheorghiu and violinist Janine Jansen will then appear for a performance. Hans van Manen (The National Ballet) has created a special choreographic work for the occasion. The soprano will sing, among others, L’Amour est un oiseau rebelle (Habanera) "from Carmen by Bizet", "I could have danced all night" from My fair lady and "Oh mio babbino caro" by Puccini.

The concert will take place on a special stage on the Dam square. Along with the guests of Queen Beatrix, a cross-section of the Amsterdam population has been invited. The concert lasts until 23.00 hours and will be broadcast live by the NOS.
Also celebrated in 2005 will be the 350th year of existence of the Paleis op de Dam, which was built as Amsterdam city hall in 1655.

Saturday 30 April
The programme in The Hague consists of a several of main parts.

The States General is to meet on Saturday this coming 30 April in an Extraordinary United Assembly on the occasion of the celebration of the Silver Jubilee of Her Majesty the Queen. The Extraordinary United Assembly, assisted by the Queen and members of the royal family, has a festive character and begins at 10.30 hours in the Ridderzaal.

Along with speeches by the Chairperson of the United Assembly, Mrs Yvonne E.M.A. Timmerman-Buck, the Chariperson of the Second Chaimber, Mr Frans W. Weisglas and minister president Jan Peter Balkenende there will be musical intermezzos. The members of the Firs and Second Chambers are accompanied by a 25-year old guest, while, during the event, 125 Dutch from all over the country selected for ther voluntary services in the communities to which they belong, will be at hand. After the conclusion of the Extraordinary United Assembly there is a luncheon from approx. 12.30 hours for the Members of Parliament, their partners and the guests in the Statenpassage of the building of the Second Chamber.

Jubilee postage stamp
Directly following the Extraordinary United Gathering in the Ridderzaal the presentation in the Koninginnekamer of the jubilee postage stamp by TPG Post to the Queen will take place. The morning concludes with an aubade for the Queen. The aubade will be performed by children from 7 schools in The Hague, the Royal Man’s Choir ' Die Haghe Sanghers', Philharmonic Choir Hagacantare and the Mixed Choir HagaSonare. Jan Verschuren will provide the piano accompaniment and the conductor is René Verhoeff. They will sing to Queen Beatrix and her family from the Binnenhof. The repertoire will consist of a number of traditonal old-time Dutch songs.

Scheveningen
Then the Queen and her family will travel to Scheveningen. She will be received at 14.00 hours by Mayor Deetman and Queen’s Commissioner Franssen at the statue of the Vissersvrouw on the Boulevard. The Royal Walk through Scheveningen begins here. The Woman’s Choir of Scheveningen strikes up a song, a lighthouse man walks on stilts and in the Keizerstraat the Queen witnesses an attempt to break the world record for the game koekhappen. Waiting for the Queen in the Kerketuin is a song club which performs a dance to the song: "Wat je moet doen, als je de Koningin tegenkomt" (Waht you should do when you meet the Queen).

A children’s press agency makes recordings for a live television broadcast. In the Wassenaarsestraat the poem 'Wimpelhoog' from the Hofstadbundel is recited. Large, skilfully crafted sea-gulls are suspended above the street. 25 children walk with self-made sea-gulls and fish mounted on sticks. Hereafter begins the ‘Scheveningse les’; a teacher with a larger pointer stands before a wall full of words from the Schevening language dictionary.

Then the Queen lands in a vlaggetjesfeest (festifity of flags), followed by a tour through authentic fishermen’s dwellings in the Zeilstraat and the Ankerstraat. Here the tour takes on a Chinese tint: dancers perform the dragon dance. On the Badhuiskade the Surinamese band 'W.W.W.W' (We come When We Want to) celebrates and then the Queen takes the route towards the playground. Here soccer players from ADO Den Haag play a ‘Pane’ game with a number of young soccer players, there is skating and games of catch, and many more activities. The tour proceeds on foot to the town farm, where the Hague Youth Orchestra begins to play. A lemonade lady passes out the drink ‘ranja’. Finally the Scheveningen musician Kees Kingsize and the 'Suburbs' band lead the Queen away towards an open tram, on which the delegation departs towards the Javastraat. Two confetti cannons accompany the procession, firing away.

Memorable moments
In the evening there will be a festive programme at a pavilion on the Malieveld in The Hague. 4,000 invited guests from the whole country will be looking back at memorable moments from the last 25 years in Dutch society. The programme is called 'Dit is een land om lief te hebben....'[This is a country to love]. The entertainer Toon Hermans, in one of his catchy songs, explained why the Netherlands is a country to love. The song ‘This is a place to love…’served as inspiration for the event. With Ivo Niehe as anchorman, we look back this evening on moments from the past 25 years that we Dutch are proud of. In this two-hour programme, to be broadcast live by the TROS on Nederland 2, a host of well-known Dutch athletes and artistes will pay their respects, including Karin Bloemen, Frans Bauer, Marco Borsato, Simone Kleinsma and Di-rect.

During the evening also attention will be paid to the four Special Proects selected in consultation with the Queen, UNICEF, Jeugdfonds Jantje Beton, the Oranje Fonds and the Prinses Beatrix Fonds. The programme, running from 20.15 to 22.15 hours, is being produced by Stage Holding Theaterproducties and Eyeworks.

picture from yesterday evening the show on tv was great!

Attachments

• malieveld.jpg
    malieveld.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 345
Back
Top Bottom