Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events: 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Catherine will wear a different tiara now that she's Princess of Wales!

Hopefully Catherine will wear a different tiara now that she's Princess of Wales!

Would be already better if she would swisch between those she has on loan and not wear only one of them all the time.

I expect that Elisabeth, if attending, can borrow the Queen Elisabeth's Diamond Bandeau, the Wolfers or the Brabant Laurel Wreath

Elisabeth should be at Oxford since the academic term has not finished yet, I think. So she is unlikely to attend.

However, if she attended, I believe she would wear her own 18th birthday floral tiara rather than borrowing one of her mother's of her grandmother's tiaras.

Elisabeth should be at Oxford since the academic term has not finished yet, I think. So she is unlikely to attend.

However, if she attended, I believe she would wear her own 18th birthday floral tiara rather than borrowing one of her mother's of her grandmother's tiaras.

Agree the duchess has her own tiara and will her principle one for years to come.

I think Catherine could do with an all-diamond tiara. IMO, the QM Fringe is an obvious contender as it is has provenance and size acting for it.

That said, if Camilla wanted an all-diamond alternative to the Greville tiara, the QM Fringe would be a good one for her for the very same reasons.

I'm looking forward to the State Banquet tonight. Somehow, I think that only one of the royal ladies will debut a new tiara tonight, and that would be Camilla. Of course it's possible that she continues with the Boucheron, but I expect to see either the Oriental circlet or the kokoshnik.

As for Princess Elisabeth, I'm pretty certain that she will only wear her own 18th birthday tiara for at least a few years. And she won't attend State Banquets while still at uni. Exceptions might be made for incoming royal state visits, but not for republics and not yet.

I'm looking forward to the State Banquet tonight. Somehow, I think that only one of the royal ladies will debut a new tiara tonight, and that would be Camilla. Of course it's possible that she continues with the Boucheron, but I expect to see either the Oriental circlet or the kokoshnik.

We will do well to get one new tiara!

I just hope we do get one!
Why wear the same tiaras repeatedly, when there are numerous others in the vaults?

Exactly and Catherine is stepping it up a notch on the jewel front so lets hope we see a long lost Windsor tiara tonight!

It would be incredible to see Kate with some major diadem, instead of small bandeaus. She’s now the POW, and I’m under the impression Charles III’s reign will be very transitory, not much long like QEII. The POW should embrace this and start playing with those jewels like Maxima did.

From Camilla, I expect the bare minimum, she doesn’t seem into jewels at all. She will do the Greville and a pearl chocker in a white dress.

Kate will go for a new to her tiara, maybe the Fringe with the South African diamonds.

Anne with her Scroll “parure”. Sophie with the Acquas and some random minor pendant.

Very sad, but fingers crossed to remain astonished tonight.

I think Queen Camilla will wear one of the tiaras previously worn exclusively by Queen Elizabeth II.

I would like the Princess of Wales to wear the Maria Feodorovna Sapphire Bandeau tiara, as I don't think it's been seen for a long time.

From Camilla, I expect the bare minimum, she doesn’t seem into jewels at all. She will do the Greville and a pearl chocker in a white dress.

Camilla actually has a very enviable personal collection of jewelry. I would imagine it was more an effort to not outshine Queen Elizabeth than not liking jewels overall. Having access to two of the biggest guns in the BRF vault was nothing to sneeze at with the Honeycomb and Delhi Durbar tiaras. She just seems to prefer quality low key over flash.

I think Charles will really want her to cement her position as the new queen at the first official white tie event.

It would be incredible to see Kate with some major diadem, instead of small bandeaus. She’s now the POW, and I’m under the impression Charles III’s reign will be very transitory, not much long like QEII. The POW should embrace this and start playing with those jewels like Maxima did.
But then the Lovers Knot is quiet some major tiara and not a Bandeau at all.

The question is also if the Princess has access to all the Jewels in the collection which i doubt.

It would be wonderful to see the Queen in a new to her tiara, but I'd settle for her wearing one of the impressive necklaces previously worn by QEII if we don't get that.

Somehow I think that the Princess of Wales is less likely to be wearing a different tiara because Charles has to be perfectly aware that that would be the big news of the night. I'd be thrilled to be wrong on that, though.

Camilla actually has a very enviable personal collection of jewelry. I would imagine it was more an effort to not outshine Queen Elizabeth than not liking jewels overall. Having access to two of the biggest guns in the BRF vault was nothing to sneeze at with the Honeycomb and Delhi Durbar tiaras. She just seems to prefer quality low key over flash.

I think Charles will really want her to cement her position as the new queen at the first official white tie event.

Mmm I partially agree with you. If you look at the last 10-15 tiara appearances, she has always looked the same. Just minor changes. I think she’s into jewels but when it comes to high jewelry she stays very much in her comfort zone. The Delhi Durbar has been worn once and the Teck Crescent is nowhere to be seen. I think she just doesn’t like to experiment, and becoming Queen may not change this tendency of her.

But I would be thrilled to see her in totally Queen-exclusive jewels like the Oriental Circlet and the Crown Rubies.

It’s really up to Charles I think. It really depends on how he wants to start his reign: cementing Camilla’s position right after or gradually come out of QEII’s shadow and wearing “her” jewels more slowly? Tonight we’ll have the answer and also more insights on the Coronation dresscode, maybe :)

The question is also if the Princess has access to all the Jewels in the collection which i doubt.

Probably not as there will some reserved solely for the queen consort.

But then the Lovers Knot is quiet some major tiara and not a Bandeau at all.

Yes, I meant that, if she is to rotate between her tiaras, I’d prefer her to go for something new instead of downgrading with her wedding tiara or the Lotus (which, to me, are starter tiaras). Hope she goes for something big. Maybe she reads the forums, who knows.

Yes, I meant that, if she is to rotate between her tiaras, I’d prefer her to go for something new instead of downgrading with her wedding tiara or the Lotus (which, to me, are starter tiaras). Hope she goes for something big. Maybe she reads the forums, who knows.

I don't view the Lotus as a starter tiara.

It would be good to see the QM Fringe out again, on either of the two leading ladies, either tonight or in the not too distant future.

The Delhi Durbar has been worn once and the Teck Crescent is nowhere to be seen. I think she just doesn’t like to experiment, and becoming Queen may not change this tendency of her.

TBH, provenance aside, I'm not upset to not have seen the Delhi Durbar again. Aesthetically speaking, it's not my favorite in design and just reminds me of a sparkly chain-link fence. The Teck Crescent is another one that has to be worn carefully since today's hairstyles don't lend themselves to that kind of setting.

I agree that Camilla doesn't seem to favor high jewelry, but maybe we'll be surprised with something fabulous :flowers:

TBH, provenance aside, I'm not upset to not have seen the Delhi Durbar again. Aesthetically speaking, it's not my favorite in design and just reminds me of a sparkly chain-link fence. The Teck Crescent is another one that has to be worn carefully since today's hairstyles don't lend themselves to that kind of setting.

I agree that Camilla doesn't seem to favor high jewelry, but maybe we'll be surprised with something fabulous :flowers:

The Oriental Circlet would be the perfect tiara for Camilla's first event as Queen Consort in my humble opinion.

First, it is more associated with the Queen Mother than with the late Queen Elizabeth II and Camilla might be wary of wearing some of her mother-in-law's signature pieces so shortly after her passing (not that she should be, but I would understand if that thought crossed her mind).

Second, however, if the idea is to cement Camilla's position as Queen Consort, a diadem that belonged to Queen Victoria is a fitting choice.

As for Catherine, I expect her to stick with the Lover's Knot for a while. She already wore more family tiaras as Duchess of Cambridge than Diana did as Princess of Wales, so I don't see a need for any significant upgrade in the short term.

I am curious to see, however, how Charles will compare to his mother in the jewel sharing department. Being a male King changes the dynamics a little bit as I don't think Charles will be as directly involved in those matters as Elizabeth II was, but, at the same time, I don't see him delegating that role entirely to the Queen Consort, which would be the natural thing to do based on precedent. Maybe I will be proven totally wrong tonight and, if I am, this time I will be actually glad.

Last edited:
The Oriental Circlet would be the perfect tiara for Camilla's first event as Queen Consort in my humble opinion.

First, it is more associated with the Queen Mother than with the late Queen Elizabeth II and Camilla might be wary of wearing some of her mother-in-law's signature pieces so shortly after her passing (not that she should be, but I would understand if that thought crossed her mind).

Second, however, if the idea is to cement Camilla's position as Queen Consort, a diadem that belonged to Queen Victoria is a fitting choice.

I really do not think Camilla’s position as Queen needs to be cemented, she simply is the Queen.

As regards the Oriental Circlet, I certainly hope to see Camilla use it plenty of times. I just do not know if today, her first tiara appearance as Queen, is the time to debut a new tiara.

I really do not think Camilla’s position as Queen needs to be cemented, she simply is the Queen.

As regards the Oriental Circlet, I certainly hope to see Camilla use it plenty of times. I just do not know if today, her first tiara appearance as Queen, is the time to debut a new tiara.

I don't think it needs cementing either. I was just responding to other members' comments that symbolically cementing her position as Queen Consort with a new tiara debut could be a factor in her choice of jewelry tonight. As I wrote, if that is the idea (i.e., assuming that the premise is true), then the Oriental Circlet would be adequate.

I think that's an excellent choice. I really like the idea of tiaras sort of "skipping a generation" between the most well known users. It keeps things kind of fresh.

I just do not know if today, her first tiara appearance as Queen, is the time to debut a new tiara.

I disagree. Her first tiara appearance as Queen is absolutely the time to debut a new tiara. It's a very visual statement as to how her status has changed.

I disagree. Her first tiara appearance as Queen is absolutely the time to debut a new tiara. It's a very visual statement as to how her status has changed.

I hope the Queen agrees with you.

Of course I hope to see a new Tiara on Queen Camilla and the Princess of Wales but i guess we will see some regularly pieces.. Bu I would like to see the Greville emeralds on the Queen Consort. Another wish would be the Amethyst necklace, its part of the heirlooms of the Crown, amethyst was a mourning stone and its not connected with Q.Elizabeth II.

My guess for the tomorrow's banquet at Guildhall:

Birgitte: Gloucester Honeysuckle Tiara

It's not a floral, but a diamond festoon tiara

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess for the tomorrow's banquet at Guildhall:

Birgitte: Gloucester Honeysuckle Tiara
Would love to see her in her turquoise parure as we don't get to see it often.

The sapphire parure on Queen Camilla gave me a taste for more tiara debuts from her. Next chance might be the annual reception for the diplomatic corps. Has anybody heard if there's already a date for it? Let's hope that under King Charles there will still be good pictures from that event. I think that Camilla will debut another tiara, and I hope it will be the Oriental circlet. But it could really be anything else.
As for Kate, I fear that it will be the lover's knot tiara again. It's a stunning tiara, but I long to see a bit diversity on her head.

My guess for the Nobels: I fear it will be usual contenders.
Silvia: the Leuchtenberg parure
Victoria: Lilian's laurel tiara
Sofia: her wedding tiara with pearls
Christina: the 6-buttons

King's Dinner on the 11th:
Silvia: the 9-prongs tiara
Victoria: fringe tiara
Sofia: her wedding tiara with turquoise
Christina: the 6-buttons

But what I'd really love to see is:
- Silvia with the full cameo parure on the 10th
- Loads of colored stones: the amethyst tiara, the aquamarine kokoshnik on whichever lady
- No tiara repeats, please! Even Princess Christina should wear a different tiara on the second evening, and Sofia should not just switch the stones of her wedding tiara, but wear something from the collection on the first night.
- And I long to see at least one of the ladies with a new-to-her tiara.

The sapphire parure on Queen Camilla gave me a taste for more tiara debuts from her. Next chance might be the annual reception for the diplomatic corps. Has anybody heard if there's already a date for it? Let's hope that under King Charles there will still be good pictures from that event. I think that Camilla will debut another tiara, and I hope it will be the Oriental circlet. But it could really be anything else.
As for Kate, I fear that it will be the lover's knot tiara again. It's a stunning tiara, but I long to see a bit diversity on her head.

I'd love to see Camilla bring out the Brazilian Aquamarine tiara as it would stunning on her (especially if she wore white). I don't like the ruby tiaras and would happily see them retired (but publicly available to see in exhibitions of royal jewels).

I think it's time for Catherine to start wearing Diana's sapphire and pearl choker.

After the SA state visit I think we can dream a bit bigger too:D.

For the reception for diplomatic corps, I guess as least we will see another new-to-her tiara on Camilla as well. I wish to see her wearing the Burmese ruby for this event. I want to see the Oriental circlet soon too but I hope she'll save that for the coronation related banquet (if there's) (and I never hate the Burmese ruby!). The diamond kokoshnik with QEII's George VI festoon would be an awesome choice as well.

For Kate I guess it'll still be QMLK, maybe with a new-to-her earrings or necklace? How about King Khalid necklace or the full chandelier drop demi-parure? But if I'm going to dream big I would like to see her in the Honeycomb, or even the Brazilian aquamarine (I don't hate this one as well!) with King Faisal necklace, just something with more geometric design. (I would be happy to see the lotus flower too, I just generally feel meh about QMLK and always think QMLK is too fancy for her style).

I don't think Sophie will get a new-to-her tiara but again maybe a new-to-her necklace and earrings? I know it's a bit crazy but I want to see Sophie with her wedding tiara and Goodman necklace, or the aquamarine necklace tiara with the Nizam of Hyderabad.

And for Anne I want to see her using the emerald necklace her mother used in her final reception.

Here's my wild guess. If my wish doesn't come true I hope it would at least come true in the coronation or future tiara evenr.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom