Greetings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
City
Pflugerville
Country
United States
I was born in Tulsa, OK but moved to MN when I was little so I didn't get to know family or OK. Upon becoming an adult an aunt gave me a book filled with info. A couple of years ago I decided to put that book online. What started off as one book became 4 trees, 2 message boards & a memorial site...what a pain in the rump.

Then I found Geni. I was able to combine all these sites into one. Except I'm not the owner/admin. Geni's not just a family tree in one name that one person babysits. It's more like a social networking community...like MySpace or Facebook...but it's for families. The thing is to start a tree...add people & then invite people to help you edit/add/invite other people. You can also merge duplicate profiles which then merges trees. I've added/invited a bunch of people & I've merged with a bunch of people...so now there's no telling how many people are working on this together.

We've been able to trace our way back to Renald Rene La Force I who was born about 1660 in Guyenne France @ Château de Castelnaud. This was a Caumont property so we think we're de Caumont de la Force's. Some were dukes, Marshals & Peers of France. But due to religious differences they fled & lost titles/lands/etc.

We had Renald Rene I - V before that name dropped off. IV &/or V's children decided that La Force was the feminine version of the name & switched it to either LeForce or LeFors.

My great-great grandpa moved to OK where 3 of his 4 sons married partial Cherokee Indian women. Thanks to these women I'm also related to Chief Moytoy. When the English first came & met the Cherokees they titled him "Emperor of the Cherokees". They took Pocahontas to England & presented her like she was royalty. They did the same thing to my people. But within a couple of generations they dropped the title & went back to plain old fashioned "Chief".

Anyway...this is what I do...either play genealogist &/or historian. Nice to meet you. :D

Welcome, Cherokee_Princess!

Welcome to the Forums, Cherokee_Princess!

Back
Top Bottom