Pavlos and Marie-Chantal and Family Current Events Part 9: January 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it was as you say, Pavlos would not have pronounced this Homélie as he did.

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

I may not have made it clear, but I will now. I believe Pavlos may care about some things because of his parents.

I believe Marie Chantal and their children do not worry about anything anyone in Greece may think or feel. And I believe they have every right to feel that way.

There we go. Hope that is clear.

Last edited:
I may not have made it clear, but I will now. I believe Pavlos may care about some things because of his parents.

I believe Marie Chantal and their children do not worry about anything anyone in Greece may think or feel. And I believe they have every right to feel that way.

There we go. Hope that is clear.
Ok now that situation is split in 2 parts yes. Pavlos does definitely care, especially now he is the Head of the GRF.
The rest of the family care much much less, but not at all who knows. Just they are willing to have only the bright side.
I presume for rich people is frequent.

I am also among those who would wish to see Nikolaos as head of the house. His greek is better, his wife more liikeable, and he looks more royal than a simple jet-setter..
MC is a waste of time
well, the system of the monarchy is simple and very clear about that: no make-a-wish, but the eldest son (nowadays eldest child) is the one and nobody else, regardless how suitable most people might find the person. Everything else is irrelevant or republican which is the opposite to monarchy.

Last edited:
well, the system of the monarchy is simple and very clear about that: no make-a-wish, but the eldest son (nowadays eldest child) is the one and nobody else, regardless how suitable most people might find the person. Everything else is irrelevant or republican which is the opposite to monarchy.
Correct.
In top of that we can't say that Pavlos is unsuitable. Just some of us prefer Nicolaos.

well, the system of the monarchy is simple and very clear about that: no make-a-wish, but the eldest son (nowadays eldest child) is the one and nobody else...

This might be the case for The Royal House (I don't know their House Laws.) but it is surely not the case for the institution of Greek Royalty!

They can create their Kingdom or Queendom in Greece however they want, if they want to! The people decide like 1905 for the Kingdom of Norway.

So, who would be a suitable KIng for Greece? Could be everybody...

I mean, the last Greek Royal House does not go back to Alexander the Great anyway! They were chosen somehow too.

I think MC is astute enough to know Pavlos and their children don't have a close enough connection and experience of Greece themselves to be credible actual Royals in any way. More importantly I think she knows her children are all young, at difficult ages in their lives and thrusting them more into the lime light, especially in regard to Greece would not necessarily be good for them. It is clear from their social media posts that they lead the lives of the very rich young people they are - that is fine, but not so fine when you add in trying to be or look like actual reigning royals and all the scrutiny that brings. I don't think MC wants to put her kids in the position of being held accountable by the Greek establishment and people.

Theoretically Greece could reinstore Monarchy and chose another King. It happened when they chased King Othon (Wittelsbach) and they brought a Danish Prince ( George the 1st, grand-grand father of the just deceased King Konstantine)
So nothing impossible this side.
The most impossible is that Greeks would like to have King again.

"Tomorrow Prince Pavlos departs from Greece for New York. In a brief conversation, he said that he will not give any interviews or make statements until the 40-day memorial service for King Constantine's death as it is his family's mourning period.

The memorial service for the late King will be held on Sunday 19 February after the Divine Liturgy at the Metropolitan Cathedral of Athens in the presence of the Synodal hierarchs, followed by a trisagion at the late King's tomb in Tatoi.

A second memorial service will follow in London, for all those who wished to attend but were unable to be in our country for the funeral service and burial of the King.
Both Memorial Services will be attended by all members of the Greek Royal Family.

Until the 40-day memorial service, Prince Pavlos will divide his time between New York, London and Greece, being close to his mother Queen Anne-Marie."

Then perhaps Princess Alexia should be head of the family. :)

Pavlos and Marie Chantal may not intend to stay permanently in Greece, but it seems that they are looking after both the purchase of a property in Athens and a villa in Spetses

"The vice-president of the federation of realtors, Kosmas Theodoridis, tells LIVE NEWS that partners called on behalf of Pavlos so that he could find a house in Herodou Attikou on one of the most expensive streets in Greece and Europe and a breath away from the Maximos Palace and the Presidential Palace.
The cost of the purchase is expected to range from 10 to 15 million euros, with well-informed sources predicting that even within the month it is very likely that the sale will proceed.

Apart from Athens, Pavlos' family is determined to proceed with the acquisition of an impressive villa in Spetses, above the beach of Xilokeriza, with an unobstructed view of the Aegean.
Regarding the price, Mr. Theodoridis says that the house in Spetses costs around 20-30 million

""I hope these purchases take place because we are talking about people with a lot of money and a lot of entrepreneurs. It's a great investment opportunity.""

https://www.dikaiologitika.gr/eidhs...einai-oi-perioxes-opou-psaxnei-spiti-o-paylos
https://www.thetoc.gr/people-style/...-irodou-attikou---axias-15-ekat-euro-eikones/

The statement from his father's office said that he had no intention of living permanently in Greece but that it would be more common to see him in Athens visiting his mother, this was a week ago. And I think that this is true.

Regarding the fact that he intends to buy a house in Athens, I believe that this is not new and it is not completely true either.

A year ago, it was published that his father had sold the house in Porto Heli, the publication that I read had a photo of Crown Prince Pavlos and Prince Nikolaos, going to a hotel accompanied by a Greek notary to finalize the sale. This news stated that Pavlos and Nikolaos were the ones who were managing the patrimony of their father who was in fragile health. These same publications claimed that Pavlos had contacted real estate agents in Athens to seek to buy a house in Athens for his parents (on behalf of his father ).

While the Prince was finding residence for his parents, King Constantine and the Queen were living in a rented apartment, belonging to a family of shipowners... this is where Queen Anne-Marie currently lives....
In conclusion that for a year he would be looking for a house for his parents, currently for his mother.

Regarding the house of Spetses, I don't know about it. I don't know if it is opportunism to publicize this property or it is really true that he would be interested. But currently, it would be good if the royal family continued to meet, all the brothers and sisters and their families in summer...., and that they were all together with their mother... Now they don't have a house, it would be good if they bought a house to reunite the family in summer or at other times of the year.

It will be interesting to see what they end up doing. I could picture them buying a vacation home in Spetses or some other resort area, but other than visiting family, I doubt they have much business in Athens to justify them buying an apartment there.

I feel for Queen Anne-Marie. In the past year, she's gone through a move, several health emergencies with her husband, his death, and whatever else might be going on her life that doesn't become public. I hope she gets a chance to stay put for at least a few months, decompress, and consider exactly where she wants to be.

She's aging gracefully and the dress is very pretty, I like that it's a dark colour (it looks navy blue to me) so as to not seem like she was just waiting for the 40 days to pass and go back to her regular floral prints.

Last edited:
She should wait until after the 40 days to attend such kind of events IMO.
Good Lord, is it so hard to wait 40 days!

She's aging gracefully and the dress is very pretty, I like that it's a dark colour (it looks navy blue to me) so as to not seem like she was just waiting for the 40 days to pass and go back to her regular floral prints.

It would have been better if the wife of the Crown Prince had waited another week or so altogether, when the official mourning period for her late father in law comes to a ceremonial end.

Opening of caviar restaurant and New York Fashion Week simply couldn't be missed??:ermm:

Naturally, since next week it's the 40 day Trisagion, it would have made sense for her to wait JUST ONE MORE WEEK before making a public appearance...at the same time, are you people really expecting any significant change in this family? I'm sorry but I don't really see it happening. I don't expect Olympia and her brothers to give interviews talking about being "obsessed ™" with learning Greek or something.

Perhaps Konstantinos-Alexios, just because he is the "heir", and Aristides, because he is the youngest, might do something more substantial with their lives(?) But I'm pretty sure it will be business as usual, and they have the right to.

Last edited:
It appears that nearly every other woman at that event was in black or some other dark, somber color, so it's not as if her outfit looks like she's in mourning.

Prince Konstantinos -Alexios didn't wake up suddenly and became the heir, he has always been the heir, just now the path has à generation less.
This family chose its way of life almost 30 years ago. They knew that one day King Konstantine will pass, so if they wanted to be prepared or closer to Greece, they had plenty of time to be prepared.
They acted according to how they wished their life to be, so why they should change now?

The reality is this jut shows how far removed Pavlos and MC and their children are from Greek culture. The 40 days mourning after death is a very Greek Orthodox thing - I remember when my family lived in Cyprus seeing locals adhere to this strictly and their mourning clothes - but to NY based Pavlos and MC is clearly isn't a thing (just as it wouldn't be for me here in the UK). In that sense I can't fault MC - she knowns no better. She is too unfamiliar with Greek traditions and culture, not necessarily a bing thing unless you are parading round with the title "Of Greece".

It always sat poorly with me when there was talk of them buying property in Greece - it felt so fake as if they hadn't realised their role in Greece until Constantine died.

The worst thing they can do now is pretend to be something they aren't - they don't have a connection to Greece, fine. But don't pretend otherwise.

Considering the ghastly behavior of successive Greek governments, I am sure the family is much better of abroad. Why they still want to set one foot in the country is more puzzling than the reasons why they stay away. I really can't see why the crown prince and his family should be critisized for staying out of a country that has treated his parents abominably, that has fleeced his family and has stolen their properties and assets.

They're not pretending more than any other dethroned family. And they haven't suddenly acted like Greece means the world to them. It's just us folks on royalty message boards fretting and tut-tutting. I'm sure MC and the kids could not care less what any of us thinks. And they have that right, as much as people do to be salty that they don't do what we expect them or wish them to I guess.:ermm:

But I agree with Marengo.

Last edited:
The reality is this jut shows how far removed Pavlos and MC and their children are from Greek culture. The 40 days mourning after death is a very Greek Orthodox thing - I remember when my family lived in Cyprus seeing locals adhere to this strictly and their mourning clothes - but to NY based Pavlos and MC is clearly isn't a thing (just as it wouldn't be for me here in the UK). In that sense I can't fault MC - she knowns no better. She is too unfamiliar with Greek traditions and culture, not necessarily a bing thing unless you are parading round with the title "Of Greece".

It always sat poorly with me when there was talk of them buying property in Greece - it felt so fake as if they hadn't realised their role in Greece until Constantine died.

The worst thing they can do now is pretend to be something they aren't - they don't have a connection to Greece, fine. But don't pretend otherwise.

The problem isn't Pavlos. He has stated that he will not be available for interviews until after the 40 day Trisagion and he has kept a very low profile, as have the other family members.

They have certainly not been spotted at any parties or couture events.

I guess since the 40 days are almost over MC doesn't think it is that big of a deal...but it strikes me as a little inappropriate. She has been married into that family for nearly 30 years.

She cannot be unaware of Greek Royal and Orthodox protocol at this point. I don't buy it.

Last edited:
Hopefully Pavlos approved MC' s decision otherwise we might see here the beginning of the end of a longtime marriage. Her behaviour looks even provocative to start her celebrity action again just a few days before the commemoration.
I noticed at the funeral that she didn' t seem to support him. He seemed IMO all alone welcoming the guests and organize the whole event.

I noticed that something seemed a bit "off" between them in Greece as well. I put it down to the stress, fatigue and sadness of the event.

I have always seen them as close, devoted and visibly in love until recently. I really hope all is well. It would be so disappointing to see things fall apart after 5 children and such a long marriage.

Back
Top Bottom