Pavlos and Marie-Chantal and Family Current Events Part 9: January 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought that the Prince would have moved to Spetses to celebrate his mother's birthday, but I see that the reason was different.

I wonder how long they will holiday in Greece?

His name is Carlos Mota, Interiors and design consultant.

How very sad for them to lose a faithful friend!

That would be good news. I doubt it as well, but perhaps he will be able to be there more often, going back and forth between Athens and wherever else they have houses. I suppose people may have deducted it from his words at the eulogy.

Last edited:
My post was way before the eulogy, so no deduction from that. Apparently, Ant1 is claiming that he is looking to purchase a house in Nea Erythraia together with Marie-Chantal. No reliable sources though...

Last edited:
Thanks for clarifying that. Let's see and hope if an that the reports are correct. Though I can't see the Greek royal fullfiling a role simular to their Serbian and Romanian cousins any time soon. A lot of water will need to pass under the bridge before that happens.

Thanks for clarifying that. Let's see and hope if an that the reports are correct. Though I can't see the Greek royal fullfiling a role simular to their Serbian and Romanian cousins any time soon. A lot of water will need to pass under the bridge before that happens.

100% agree. Don't see that happening either.

My thoughts are that they're most likely looking for a house just to have a place in Athens for when they go there, but not in order to permanently settle in Greece. I just can't see Marie-Chantal settling in Greece unfortunately. I really hope I'm wrong...

It will be interesting to see how Pavlos uses his new position. He has the misfortune of the House he now leads still having the "Junta" baggage unfortunately. However, he himself was not involved in that, so people can not so easily direct their anger for the Junta days to him as they did to the late King. And he was born a Crown Prince in Athens while his dad still reigned, not a foreign-born prince to an exiled monarch. Will be interesting to see if he uses this as an opportunity to become more involved in Greece and Greek public life (even if not with the same backing or to the same extent as the Royal Families in Romania and Serbia).

Will be interesting to see if he uses this as an opportunity to become more involved in Greece and Greek public life (even if not with the same backing or to the same extent as the Royal Families in Romania and Serbia).

He has many chances to do so even back when his father's still alive but he didn't. I don't think it's something in his mind or plan ever honestly.

He has many chances to do so even back when his father's still alive but he didn't. I don't think it's something in his mind or plan ever honestly.
What chances has he had? He’s only cautious because the Greek government is hostile and they don’t want to provoke

What chances has he had? He’s only cautious because the Greek government is hostile and they don’t want to provoke

That's true. Although after witnessing what happened today, I don't think the Royal Family has had so much sympathy from the Greek public from maybe the 1960s. If Pavlos doesn't use this momentum to move to Greece and become more involved, he never will. The sympathy will sooner or later fade, and people will forget the Royal Family, which will become a distant memory with the late King's death.

That's true. Although after witnessing what happened today, I don't think the Royal Family has had so much sympathy from the Greek public from maybe the 1960s. If Pavlos doesn't use this momentum to move to Greece and become more involved, he never will. The sympathy will sooner or later fade, and people will forget the Royal Family, which will become a distant memory with the late King's death.
I don’t think he will because IMO he’s being realistic. There has too much propaganda since they were exiled and that will take years to undo. I’m sure you know the context and situation is not like with Romania and Serbia.

I know the Greek government is far from friendly to the family but how much time and effort did he actually spend in Greece? It's not that the family's forbidden to enter the country now, Nikolaos has done many things in Greece (charity, socializing, cultural related stuff, etc.) and I don't see the Greek government has a say about that? OTOH so far I don't see Pavlos is really interested in doing that (and there's nothing wrong with that).

The Crown Princely Family have spent so very little time in Greece and really only for a short Family holiday.
Perhaps they will buy a Holiday home in Greece?

Back
Top Bottom