The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-11-2020, 05:16 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

'Feet on the ground' while embracing an overpriced Louis Vuitton bag that for most people probably costs the equivalent of several monthly salaries ... The PdV editor who chose to combine the headline with this photo must have a mischievous sense of humour.

Old 12-11-2020, 07:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm afraid she might truly think that she is keeping her feet on the ground; not having the faintest idea that her life is drastically different (i.e., much more privileged) than that of most people.

Old 12-11-2020, 07:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Usually people who are born with the privileges that Princess Maria-Olympia has do not know real life, or are not very aware of the hardships and difficulties that other people go through.
I think that her cousins from Spain (Leonor and Sofia, and Urdangarin and Marichalar too) and those from Denmark (Christian and Isabela and Felix and Nikolai) must have their feet on the ground more than she does. It is true that they are younger than Maria-Olympia, but they seem more humble and aware of the difficulties that others are going through.
Old 12-11-2020, 07:41 PM
Heir Apparent

An important difference might be that they also grow up with some sense of responsibility to the greater good (at least I think and hope that their parents will instill that in them); while that idea seems completely lost on the Crown princely family of Greece.
Old 12-11-2020, 07:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
An important difference might be that they also grow up with some sense of responsibility to the greater good (at least I think and hope that their parents will instill that in them); while that idea seems completely lost on the Crown princely family of Greece.
If Prince Nikolaos and Princess Tatiana had children, they would have brought them up with the similar attitude, I am sure.
Old 12-12-2020, 01:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
'Feet on the ground' while embracing an overpriced Louis Vuitton bag...
Isn't she working here as amodel for hire? So, it could be a potato too or something, that she would "embracing" as a model for ordinary money.

Or greek wine... In Romania her royal comrades advertise romanian wine and I don't know, but I think pro bono.

If she wants to make herself a name as a model, working for LV is surely a blessing. The question is rather: Does she have to work as a model for hire? I thought, her mom is rich... But on the other hand we know, that nobility and royalty have sometimes harsh customs: All children but the eldest son get often practically dis-inheritited...

So, we don't really know, what is going on here: Working for money of for reasons of vanity... or whatever.
Old 12-12-2020, 02:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

You would rather her sit around living off a trust fund until her mother dies?

The aristocrats don't 'dis-inherit' their younger kids. Yes the main estate and money stays with the heir, so it can continue with upkeep. Keep the tradition. But the younger children would inherit a good chunk as well. Even more so in the case of Olympia and her siblings who we aren't talking royal estates and money. The money from that family comes from her American mother.

Rich people can be grounded. You don't have to wear top street clothes to be 'grounded'. I don't see her Danish relatives wearing cheap brands, even though they are 'so much more grounded'.

The fact is she is in a very different situation then her cousins. Her cousins have a monarchy still. They have a duty, and funding. They are expected to be an example and represent their country. The Greek royals don't have a country.

The Romanian royals seem to have a chance at restoration. And they do play a small role in their country. It makes sense that they represent local trade.

She just finished university and is speaking up about a business she is in the process of starting. Just because she didn't go to medical school, or become a teacher or something 'grounded' doesn't mean she isn't trying to make something of herself in life.
Old 12-12-2020, 03:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
You would rather her sit around living off a trust fund until her mother dies?

Nothing wrong with inheriting money! And one does not have to see this as an obligation to do nothing, but it can be seen as a fall back position or as a stepstone to personal success too.

The most parents want for their children a better life anyway - so...

And call me old-fashioned, but I have a certain problem with royal or noble girls making money with their bodies and don't have to - this is vanity! And they are taking away well paid jobs from often better looking girls with a much humbler background.

There are few notable exceptions: Veruschka, Vera von Lehndorff, for example. But her family had lost everything, manor, huge agrarian estate, in the second world war. Her father was executed for being a conspirator against Hitler, her mother was locked up in a concentration camp and Veruschka herself brought into a SS camp for kids. So, she was poor and traumatized too .. - and she had the cheekbones for a model.
Old 12-12-2020, 05:03 PM
Nobility

What did she study at College? It seems every rich girl if Royal or just Daddy have tons of money, walk's the runway. They want to make their own money and have their face plastered on magazines, so everyone will know them 24/7 that may be the way to go. Oh well to each their own.
Old 12-12-2020, 07:29 PM
Gentry

I believe that criticism is not being adequately raised.

She is a model, that's fine. I cannot fault this. Although I would prefer that she had another profession.
However, I criticize the unfair use of the title of Princess. When she and her mother give interviews, in many of it, they speak of royalty with a certain degree of contempt, towards their titles, however, when they do business, such as advertising a book, or a mark of fashion, bags and others, they present themselves as royals.

I criticize those interviews where, for example, Marie chantal, she says to be Crown Princess of Greece, for later in the development of the interview, she sspeaks of the royal family as people alien to her, distant from her, and in general with alls the royal families, the royals are "others" diminishing or degrading the title that they carry even with a certain arrogance.
However weeks later, you find a statement publihed by Marie chantal, in the section stories of her instagram, written in defense of women's equality and signing as "Crown Princess of Greece", or Marie Olympia, posing in a magazine to promote a Fashion brand, like a royal, in Thailand Vogue remember that she is a member of the Greek royal family.
This I criticize.
Old 12-13-2020, 08:53 PM
Courtier

I share part of Lipe's opinion. But my opinion, if they are going to use the title of "Royals", in interviews ... I think they should be more linked to the Royal Family, to know its history, its members , greek....
Old 01-11-2021, 05:44 AM
Heir Apparent

New post of Prince Achileas on Instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ3_iAdl...d=8de58iceql64
Old 01-14-2021, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent

New photo of Princess Mary-Olympia on Instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKB4INsL...d=hno22wj1e429