The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-30-2020, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Eleanor View Post
It was okay but things have changed (cases seem to be rising again in many places, sadly). Now measures have been stepped up for Amsterdam, The Hague and Rotterdam.
Thanks, interesting to hear. It seems to be getting worse again in a lot of European countries - I think Madrid is on the rise too in Spain.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-30-2020, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I still can't believe that Count Claus-Casimir of Orange-Nassau was 16 this year!

Old 09-30-2020, 04:44 PM
Gentry

Eloise has responded to royal correspondent Marc van der Linden, who has apparently suggested that Claus was sent to Gordonstoun due to bad behavior, on Instagram:
"What a strange idea to suggest that Claus is being sent away, when he is such a nice and social boy. He is also a great brother. How can you talk about a young boy like that and not expect this to affect him. Act normally and keep your negative opinion, which is based on nothing, to yourself."
Old 09-30-2020, 04:48 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Thanks, interesting to hear. It seems to be getting worse again in a lot of European countries - I think Madrid is on the rise too in Spain.
You're welcome Yes, it's a huge problem in Madrid unfortunately, as well as in Paris, Brussels, Prague and other places. We're not doing great here in Vienna either.
Old 09-30-2020, 05:57 PM
Aristocracy

If an adult can't pick on the parents, they do it to the children Mr van der Linden must have had a bad day so he picks on an easy target a child. Maybe he didn't get the memo, children are off limits.? Isn't Gordonstoun the school the POW and the Pss Royal went? I believe I read somewhere long ago, Charles hated it there, he was picked on a lot, but Anne loved it there? This only shows, that a Title does not protect a child or adult,from some ones abuse. Sad but true.
Old 09-30-2020, 06:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Eloise has responded to royal correspondent Marc van der Linden, who has apparently suggested that Claus was sent to Gordonstoun due to bad behavior, on Instagram:
"What a strange idea to suggest that Claus is being sent away, when he is such a nice and social boy. He is also a great brother. How can you talk about a young boy like that and not expect this to affect him. Act normally and keep your negative opinion, which is based on nothing, to yourself."
What is“ bad behavior” supposed to mean exactly in this context ?
Old 09-30-2020, 07:03 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
What is“ bad behavior” supposed to mean exactly in this context ?
I'm not sure Mr van der Linden knows either, here's what he said:
"He is charming and ambitious, but has mischiefs that could worry you as a parent. Then there may come a time when parents decide: if you continue like this, you will go to boarding school. And this school is known for that, notorious even, that you are taught discipline there. It was decided impulsively, otherwise he would not have started in The Hague and have now switched. I can't figure out what exactly happened, but it's not just about that webshop."
Old 09-30-2020, 07:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Starting in The Hague for a few weeks before starting at Gordonstoun does sound a little weird. It would be interesting to know if this was indeed a sudden move and if so, what made them go this route.
Old 09-30-2020, 07:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
You're welcome Yes, it's a huge problem in Madrid unfortunately, as well as in Paris, Brussels, Prague and other places. We're not doing great here in Vienna either.
The same in Lisbon. In fact, Lisbon has more than 50% of all new cases in Portugal every single day. I am thankful that I live in the south of Portugal, sometimes we get single digits and other times double digits. But it seems it's on the rise. Maybe a second wave in Europe? It makes sense for Eloise to be sent home, if Amsterdam is getting lots of new cases lately.
Old 09-30-2020, 08:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
The same in Lisbon. In fact, Lisbon has more than 50% of all new cases in Portugal every single day. I am thankful that I live in the south of Portugal, sometimes we get single digits and other times double digits. But it seems it's on the rise. Maybe a second wave in Europe? It makes sense for Eloise to be sent home, if Amsterdam is getting lots of new cases lately.
As I explained before both Amsterdam and The Hague are getting lots of cases, so from that point of view it isn't helpful to move back to The Hague from Amsterdam. However, of course, the point is that Eloise was living at the Hotelschool: having lots of students living in close quarters is less safe than sending at least the domestic students home.
Old 09-30-2020, 08:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
As I explained before both Amsterdam and The Hague are getting lots of cases, so from that point of view it isn't helpful to move back to The Hague from Amsterdam. However, of course, the point is that Eloise was living at the Hotelschool: having lots of students living in close quarters is less safe than sending at least the domestic students home.
I see. Sorry I did not read your post properly. Indeed, it doesn't make sense if both places are getting many new cases, but as you mentioned, perhaps living in the Hotelschool proved to be unsafe for the students.