Eloise, Claus-Casimir and Leonore, News and Pictures 2: 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The princes and princesses de Bourbon de Parme, amongst them Princess Irene's daughter, have never ever been a member of the Royal House and have never ever been in the line of succession. Countess Eloise still is a successor to the throne, directly after her father Prince Constantijn.

She insufficiently seems to realize that her silly and lighthearted actions, on itself unharmful, have an effect on the gravitas and the dignitas of the Royal House as a whole.

She is totally dragging the monarchy into superficial celebrity la-la-land and is the exact equivalent of a situation of a Princess Beatrice participating in Take Me Out! I Am A Celebrity!

I totally share your opinion!

There was outcry over the outcry today. Various columnists accused Mr. Snel of misogyny. Today he clarified himself: he was not ouraged over the bathing suit. But he doubted the wisdom of members of the RF becoming this approachable & participating in these kind of shows. Other royalty reporters defended Mr. Snel and some added that the countess was only there to her royal background. In the programme several remarks were made about it.

In general it seems most people shrug their shoulders and think that Eloise should be free to do whatever she wants. She is not a member of the royal house and she will never receive a penny of 'our' taxes. Some referred to Prince Bernhard (jr), whose business dealings -they claim- are more damaging for the reputation of the royal family. They add that if the King thought this is harmful for the institution he would probably have intervened by now. So apparently he approves.

I am sure that the opinion makers welcome this as another opportunity to bash the RF. So we probably can look forward to a column of that awful Daniela Hooghiemstra this weekend who will get an opportunity to highlight for the umpteenth time how vulgar the RF is and how much posher she is.

Personally I can't imagine they are very happy about this at Noordeinde. But at the same time there is little they can do. Eloise is indeed free to do what she wants and the King never struck me as the kind of person who likes to put his foot down and risk poisoning family relations. That is why we are treated to/stuck with the Van Vollenhovens at Kings Day.

Last edited:
There was outcry over the outcry today. Various columnists accused Mr. Snel of misogyny. Today he clarified himself: he was not ouraged over the bathing suit. But he doubted the wisdom of members of the RF becoming this approachable & participating in these kind of shows. Other royalty reporters defended Mr. Snel and some added that the countess was only there to her royal background. In the programme several remarks were made about it.

In general it seems most people shrug their shoulders and think that Eloise should be free to do whatever she wants. She is not a member of the royal house and she will never receive a penny of 'our' taxes. Some referred to Prince Bernhard (jr), whose business dealings -they claim- are more damaging for the reputation of the royal family. They add that if the King thought this is harmful for the institution he would probably have intervened by now. So apparently he approves.

I am sure that the opinion makers welcome this as another opportunity to bash the RF. So we probably can look forward to a column of that awful Daniela Hooghiemstra this weekend who will get an opportunity to highlight for the umpteenth time how vulgar the RF is and how much posher she is.

Personally I can't imagine they are very happy about this at Noordeinde. But at the same time there is little they can do. Eloise is indeed free to do what she wants and the King never struck me as the kind of person who likes to put his foot down and risk poisoning family relations. That is why we are treated to/stuck with the Van Vollenhovens at Kings Day.

Concerning Eloise, let me put it like this: I don't approve at all of those trash and reality TV shows which seem to be everywhere on TV today and always think that people who are a part of this or want to be a part of it want to be famous, have a strong need to expose themselves, maybe even being narcisstic persons.
Therefore, if it was a member of the royal family or not I just don't like those shows and would be very unhappy if my daughter would be part of it. But, that is just my personal opinion.

I believe in his youth his pet name was Clausimir but since primary school his pet name is Claus while, of course, for outsiders he remains Claus-Casimir.

You could say "have your cake and eat it, too" to the public, who complain about Countess Eloise's endeavors, too. Either you want them to not have any state support and then you have no say in what they can or cannot do, or pay them an apanage and make the rules. Can't have both.

As for the Princes of Orange-Nassau, I am always quite happy to see them on Koningsdag and look forward to them.

I love watching this Royal Family, as they always give off the impression, that they, indeed, deeply love each other, no apparent bad blood anywhere.

best wishes Michiru

The (extremely succesful) business endeavours of the late Prince Friso and of his cousin Bernhard van Vollenhoven show that it is perfectly possible to have a career outside the Royal House.

Prince Friso had an academic degree in mechanical engineering (Berkeley), Aeronautics (Delft), Business Administration (Rotterdam) and -as a cherry on the cake- he went to the post-academic Institut Européen d'Administration des Affaires in Fontainebleau. Good heavens, how much more can someone be prepared for a career? Every Dutchman saw how this shy, publicity-avoiding Prince, was working so hard to pursue his own career.

In contrast, Prince Friso's niece Eloise hoewever, has barely started at the Hotel Management School, she seems to be everywhere except in the school, is my impression and thinks that posing à la Pamela Anderson is befitting a granddaugter of Queen Beatrix and a niece of King Willem-Alexander. That has nothing to do with getting paid for by the State or not.

The two younger sons of Princess Beatrix and their children;
Princess Irene, the Duke of Parma and their children;
Princess Margriet, Pieter van Vollenhoven and their children;
Princess Christina, Jorge Pérez Guillermo and their children;
none of them has ever received one cent from the State.
None of them has posed in bathing suit on commercial television until Madame Eloise thought that was a splendid idea.

Last edited:
The (extremely succesful) business endeavours of the late Prince Friso and of his cousin Bernhard van Vollenhoven show that it is perfectly possible to have a career outside the Royal House.

Prince Friso had an academic degree in mechanical engineering (Berkeley), Aeronautics (Delft), Business Administration (Rotterdam) and -as a cherry on the cake- he went to the post-academic Institut Européen d'Administration des Affaires in Fontainebleau. Good heavens, how much more can someone be prepared for a career? Every Dutchman saw how this shy, publicity-avoiding Prince, was working so hard to pursue his own career.

In contrast, Prince Friso's niece Eloise hoewever, has barely started at the Hotel Management School, she seems to be everywhere except in the school, is my impression and thinks that posing à la Pamela Anderson is befitting a granddaugter of Queen Beatrix and a niece of King Willem-Alexander. That has nothing to do with getting paid for by the State or not.

The two younger sons of Princess Beatrix and their children;
Princess Irene, the Duke of Parma and their children;
Princess Margriet, Pieter van Vollenhoven and their children;
Princess Christina, Jorge Pérez Guillermo and their children;
none of them has ever received one cent from the State.
None of them has posed in bathing suit on commercial television until Madame Eloise thought that was a splendid idea.

The "shy, publicity-avoiding prince" thought it was a good idea to lie about his fiancee to the government. It cost him and his children their places in the line of succession. I'm reasonably sure that's more serious and potentially damaging to the monarchy than anything a bathing suit can do.

Her uncle, his brother, the current king, was known as a serious partier with a national nickname about it. Did that damage the gravitas?

Her cousin Bernhard jr. the Prince's business dealings are indeed more questionable and unpopular than anything Countess Eloise is doing.

Are you sure you're not just focusing on her because she keeps popping up in every form of media?

To me the main problem with Eloise is her using her royal connection to become an influencer. Personally, I do have a problem with any royal using that as a way to earn money primarily because of their name. Unfortunatly, in various royal families there are people that made promoting themselves their main way of earning money. Something that fully relies on their family connection and that damages the monarchy.

And in what way are prince Bernhard's business dealings questionalble? They are indeed unpopular but that's not the same...

Of course, various pther activites in the past or present might also damage the monarchy but this new trend should be of huge concern to the royal families.

Both Eloise and her father responded to Jeroen Snel's comment.

Constantijn stated in Shownieuws (a tabloid type news program) that he doesn't understand the criticism; people always look for commotion and that he liked the episode.

Eloise posted a post on Instagram reading (in Dutch):
Apart from that to me I really enjoyed participating (literal translation: I found it a little party to participate), it's really heartwarming to see how many people support me and let me be who I am. Don't let anything or anyone stop you dear people and enjoy the sun.

The "shy, publicity-avoiding prince" thought it was a good idea to lie about his fiancee to the government. It cost him and his children their places in the line of succession. I'm reasonably sure that's more serious and potentially damaging to the monarchy than anything a bathing suit can do.

Her uncle, his brother, the current king, was known as a serious partier with a national nickname about it. Did that damage the gravitas?

Her cousin Bernhard jr. the Prince's business dealings are indeed more questionable and unpopular than anything Countess Eloise is doing.

Are you sure you're not just focusing on her because she keeps popping up in every form of media?

Yes, it did damage the monarchy. Twice. Prince Friso is no more and the King still has not overcome the Prins Pils imago as he still has not a quarter to f the gravitas of his mother. And yes, Miss Eloise Anderson in her bathing suit is also damaging the monarchy. Simple as that. With members of the Royal House like these, they need no republican society. Their self harm is enough.

Last edited:
Not understanding the commotion is a good talking line perhaps but it feels rather dishonest. Did Prince Constantijn really expect his daughter selling her name and title to the highest bidder on commercial television would be received without any raised eyebrow at all? Rather unlikely, he can't be that naive.

Last edited:
The problem with the bathing suit picture isn't that it's scandalous, but that it's part of celebrity culture and "common." It's not consistent with the image of a dignified family uniquely dedicated to serving their country.

In the past week or so, I've read that both Constantijn and his van Vollenhoven cousins encouraged interviewers to address them using informal speech. Being friendly and approachable is a good thing, but, being "like everyone else" strikes me as a risky move for the family.

You can say that all these people have to earn a living, and they're not doing anything "wrong," which is true. But, they do benefit from their royal connections, so they'd be wise to honor them a bit more.

Otherwise, I wonder if their countrymen won't start to question why this "normal" family should sit on the throne (or why they even have a throne).

[.....]

Otherwise, I wonder if their countrymen won't start to question why this "normal" family should sit on the throne (or why they even have a throne).

More and more countrymen are asking that indeed. At the same time the same countrymen want to act them "not too normal". Where is the balance?

The profound problem is that none of them are royal or noble. All these so-called royals are factually commoners with a created title. That is all okay, after all the royals have to marry a partner and Prince Constantijn happened to fall in love with a commoner and ultimately not one, not one, of the uncountable grandchildren of Queen Juliana has married a traditional partner. Not one.

Do no underestimate the public. (The royals do gravely underestimate them). The public play along for a while but they exactly see that Laurentien Brinkhorst is as "royal" as you and me. They see that their daughter thumbs herself into a RSI on Insta and TikTok, whatever. They see that Eloise's brother is just a shrewd boy with a nose for €€€€ and hard to see a high- and wellborn graaf or jonkheer in this dude.

Eloise has 100% right to be a gravinfluencer, she has 100% right to pose as a Baywatch starlette, she even has 100% right to stream erotic content for €€€€ if she would like to do. All legal. But is it a damaging the monarchy? Yes.

Eloise's uncle, aunt and cousins wanted to travel to their residence in Greece during lockdown. Also 100% right and permitted. But was it damaging the monarchy? Boy... it was... This brings is to the point that Eloise in bathing suit, her uncle Bernhard van Vollenhoven earning his lifestyle with hundreds and hundreds of real estate, another uncle playing a DJ: all okay but it simply erodes the monarchy.

Maybe they themselves do see it too. But maybe they are thinking: "Listen, the monarchy will disappear anyway, I chose my own path". In that case I would say to Eloise: no holds barred, girl!

Last edited:
To balance the discussion a little bit, another take on Eloise participating in the tv show 'Het perfecte plaatje' and doing a photoshoot in bathing suit
https://www.nu.nl/koningshuis/62640...wennen-aan-nieuwe-generatie-royals.html#nujij
google translated

Arguments for 'the other side' is that with the popularity of the Dutch RF dimishing lately, Eloise and other youngsters in the family can help raise that popularity again.

If it is needed to parade around in bathsuit to help the "popularity" of the Royal House, then the monarchy is really in terminal phase now.

Eloise and Claus-Casimir attended the International Young Patrons Gala 2023 of the Dutch National Opera & Ballet yesterday, June 3:

** instagram gallery **

A lovely brother and sister outing (I won"t discuss her clothes here).

Well, regardless of her dressstyle, she does have her moral priorities right.
Apparently she was caught with an secret camera calling out a racist man.
Said man and his 'colleagues' are actors/filmmakers of a website called Powned. They do all kinds of crazy things, not my cup of tea.
This time they decided to act out a conversation on a public terrace in which one of the people made racist comments about the supposed black girlfriend of his supposed brother. And see how people would react.
It so happened that Eloise was on the terrace with friends, overheard and angrily called him out.
The episode is due to be shown online today.

https://www.ed.nl/show/eloise-van-o...ij-racistisch-gesprek-what-the-f-ck~a7f614c8/

Last edited by a moderator:
I just came across this as well. Her language is still something she needs to work on but it's good to read that she called them out.

Still... is it desirable that a member of the royal family is used as just another famous dutch person in a secret camera show? I agree with the above, she seems a nice and sympathetic young woman, well meaning, open minded etc. If she was 'just' Eloise Brinkhorst there would be no reasons to have any reservations about her. But considering her last name it feels she does drag the RF down in the gutter with the rest of celebrityland.

Not that many people will mind. As I said earlier, Prince Bernhard jr. is somebody who many more people frown about while most people will either be indifferent to Eloise or will find her entertaining.

The language is interesting indeed and the accent is not what you would normally imagine is en vogue on the hockey clubs of the residence. Different from the accents of the daughters of the King.

Last edited:
The language is interesting indeed and the accent is not what you would normally imagine is en vogue on the hockey clubs of the residence. Different from the accents of the daughters of the King.

Is Eloise's accent different from that of her brother or her cousins?

Still... is it desirable that a member of the royal family is used as just another famous dutch person in a secret camera show? I agree with the above, she seems a nice and sympathetic young woman, well meaning, open minded etc. If she was 'just' Eloise Brinkhorst there would be no reasons to have any reservations about her. But considering her last name it feels she does drag the RF down in the gutter with the rest of celebrityland.

Not that many people will mind. As I said earlier, Prince Bernhard jr. is somebody who many more people frown about while most people will either be indifferent to Eloise or will find her entertaining.

I've never hears of this program before. Do they always target famous people or do they normally involve random people and just happened to notice that it was countess Eloise (which they most likely wouldn't have if she hadn't sought publicity herself over the last few years).

Edit: It seems the show normally involves 'random' people but when they saw that Eloise was at their filming location they hurried up hoping to capture Eloise on camera (and in that way get lots of publicity for their program).

Last edited:
Is it possible for someone to recap what exactly Eloise's response was?

Good translate so not great but the whole thing was a set up for YouTube and as a social experiment (as is my understanding)

Intervening Countess Eloise in a racist conversation is a 'crucial example'

"What the f**k are you f**king racist! Act normal!" Countess Eloise van Oranje receives a lot of support on social media for her action in a social experiment of a new program from broadcaster PowNed.

Several times a very racist conversation was staged with a hidden camera on a terrace in Amsterdam by two program makers and actress Noël van Kleef. At a certain point, the program makers say, the countess was also sitting on the terrace with her friends listening to the conversation .

While Eloise listens, the 20-year-old can't restrain herself. "Holy ****, I'm going to say something now!", she says as she stands up and walks towards a boy. "Honey, people need to put you in your place."

In the new program In Your Face, YouTubers Jaap Gunnink and Benjamin Beernink investigate where the moral limit of bystanders lies. Racist, discriminatory conversations are staged with actors, after which the reactions of bystanders are filmed with a hidden camera.

Staged or not, racism often comes in all shapes and sizes, says Hanneke Felten, Movisie researcher into effectively combating discrimination. "It is crucial that people intervene. If you see other people intervene, you will do the same yourself more quickly. People are herd animals after all," says Felten. "Research only shows that people often find it difficult to intervene, for fear of someone else's reaction."

The Countess was less bothered by that. Fortunately, says the researcher. "For people in their twenties who follow her on social media, this is a very important example. She thus sets the social norm of intervening in situations like this."

Good example, so does it really follow? Felten: "Indeed. If your role model, the one you look up to and recognize yourself in, intervenes, then that becomes the norm."

Full video of the episode here:

Last edited:
I came across this recent (and very first?!) interview with Claus:

He talks about how he started his first business (by just buying shoes and selling it for a higher price and in that way making a profit and reinvesting it etc) and about his current business. He also explained that he needs to be very aware of what he does because he knows any misstep (or anything that can be construed as a misstep) might end up in the media and impact his family.

He hopes to one day be able to do something good for the world (such as opening an orphanage in Lebanon) and also to be able to give his parents a sports car - as they've done so much for him, so this would be his way to thank them for that.

All in all, he comes across as a very level-headed young man and clearly states that he is not interested in the influencer/showbizz world; he prefers to leave that to his sister...

According to the Boulevard press the boyfriend of Eloise is called Archie Maclaine Pont.

They are both studying at the Hotel school of Amsterdam. He was raised in the town of Laren. Last month he supposedly joined the family and Queen Beatrix for a sailing trip on the Groene Draeck.

It looks like they've been together for quite a while. I can find reference with pictures of the two pf them from May last year - suggesting that they've probably been together since late 2021, so pretty soon after she started at the hotelschool. He apparently did his internship in Barcelona, so will be ahead of her in terms of study year.

Edit: Arche is the president of the student union SA-Comitas: https://gloednieuw.nl/foto-dit-is-het-nieuwe-vriendje-van-eloise-van-oranje/2/
Student Association Comitas is the hotel school's student association: https://www.sa-comitas.nl/
And the current board is indeed Board Maclaine Pont: https://www.sa-comitas.nl/boards/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom