Guillaume and Stéphanie: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank goodness that Natan will not be the designer. Perhaps Valentino like Maxima?

Oh my God Elie Saab would be sooo great. But I also think it could be Valentino.

I also read it. I thinks he is very good in bridal wear, My favorite wedding dress, the one of princess Claire is natan's.

Natan will dress Maria Teresa, Alexandra, Tessy, Mathilde and Máxima for the occasion.
Tastes differ... I really appreciate what Natan do !:flowers:

I suspect that she will use a local talent-someone from Luxembourg or Belgium.

Just not Natan.

But either Valentino or Elie Saab would send me to the Moon...not to mention Monique L'Huillier, Nicolas Ghesquiere or Narciso Rodriguez........!!

The civil wedding is on 19 and the religious is on 20, right?
Then what's on 21st?

Also, the guest list is about those attending the Cathedral ceremony only, so maybe Albert and Charlene will attend the gala, right?

TheRoyalCouturier said:
The civil wedding is on 19 and the religious is on 20, right?
Then what's on 21st?

Also, the guest list is about those attending the Cathedral ceremony only, so maybe Albert and Charlene will attend the gala, right?

Nothing is the 21st, but I doubt guests are going to leave straight after the wedding reception which is why some are staying 19th-21st.
The reason Albert and Charlene are apparently not attending are because of the Princess Grace awards in America on the 22nd October, they'll probably be there for a few days prior.

To everyone who's happy Natan isn't the bridal gown designer: Didn't Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen also deny being the designer of Kate Middleton's dress? And then low and behold, it turned out to be a lie. The point is, I wouldn't get your jumpy claps going until she steps out in the dress and it's confirmed that it's not a Natan (whoever this guy is).

RubyPrincess168, I was seized with the same suspicion just last night. All I can do is hope they are telling us the truth.

BTW, did Sarah Burton ever categorically deny being Kate's designer, or was she simply evasive and "no comment"?

principessa, HM is so very frail now. At Comtesse Alix de Lannoy's funeral a few weeks ago she used two canes, cannot stand upright, and required the assistance of the Princess Mathilde.

I would have loved to have seen her at the wedding. Maybe she will still attend as a member of the GD Family(she is Henri's aunt) but the Court will not announce it as it depends on how she is feeling.

But I would not be surprised if she doesn't attend.

The reason Albert and Charlene are apparently not attending are because of the Princess Grace awards in America on the 22nd October, they'll probably be there for a few days prior.

Either this is the lamest excuse i ve ever heard for not attending a state wedding or is this is the worst planning of agenda ever. P. Albert is the head of the monegasque state. Attending this kind of ceremonies with the Princess Consort is part of his official and diplomatic functions... So, to me this absence sounds fishy as if there were more to it than meets the eye!!!
:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Last edited:

Either this is the lamest excuse i ve ever heard for not attending a state wedding or is this is the worst planning of agenda ever. P. Albert is the head of the monegasque state. Attending this kind of ceremonies with the Princess Consort is part of his official and diplomatic functions... So, to me this absence sounds fishy as if there were more to it than meets the eye!!!
:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:
Perhaps a few minutes googling would eliminate the reason for posts like this one.

Princess Grace foundation is celebrating 30 years since its formation. It was formed shortly after the death of Princess Grace to formalize a dream she had of supporting young performers and artists. As is usually the case I would guess there is other events in connection with this 30 year anniversary, i.e. dinner/reception with the current and perhaps also past years winners, board meeting and other events closely connected with the foundation. This is the event Prince Albert should attend. The Luxemburg wedding is clearly second to the Princess Grace foundation.

I agree that the Princess Grace Awards requires the presence of Albert and Charlene, but why could it not have been pushed up to the weekend of Oct 27 or some other weekend in October? Albert and his Court have known about this wedding for six months prior.

The fact is that the absence of the Prince and Princess of Monaco from the wedding of the HGD of Luxembourg sticks out like a sore thumb and looks very odd. Otherwise why is it being discussed on every Royal message board I have visited this weekend? :ermm:

I am with lazuli on this one.

Civil Wedding an the 19th following by a dinner for the guests and the GD Palace.
Saturday 11 o’clock at the Cathedral : religious wedding which will start with one minute silence in honor of the late Countess Alix .
Notre Dame de Luxembourg patron of the Cathedral will wear Countess Alix della Faille’s wedding veil and Countess Stephanie will wear on her third right finger her Mother’s engagement ring, and will receive at the at the same hand her wedding ring.

Thanks for the Wedding updates and information Maria Olivia :flowers:

I really hope they attend the civil ceremony and dinner on 19, it would really make a difference..

To everyone who's happy Natan isn't the bridal gown designer: Didn't Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen also deny being the designer of Kate Middleton's dress? And then low and behold, it turned out to be a lie. The point is, I wouldn't get your jumpy claps going until she steps out in the dress and it's confirmed that it's not a Natan (whoever this guy is).

I think it is fairly safe to say that Natan will not be the designer of the wedding dress because Edouard Vermeulen will be a guest commentator on the RTL-TV1 telecast of the wedding. Traditionally, the dress designer is invited to the wedding and reception in case any mishaps happen with the dress.

I agree that the Princess Grace Awards requires the presence of Albert and Charlene, but why could it not have been pushed up to the weekend of Oct 27 or some other weekend in October? Albert and his Court have known about this wedding for six months prior.

The fact is that the absence of the Prince and Princess of Monaco from the wedding of the HGD of Luxembourg sticks out like a sore thumb and looks very odd. Otherwise why is it being discussed on every Royal message board I have visited this weekend? :ermm:

I am with lazuli on this one.
Dates for this kind of events are picked a lot earlier than 6 months prior.

Thanks so much for the information on live telecasts of this wedding. It will be very useful. Ain't miss this 'last' grand wedding (for this batch of heirs):)

P. Albert is the head of the monegasque state. Attending this kind of ceremonies with the Princess Consort is part of his official and diplomatic functions...
If attending this kind of cermonies is a part of the duties of a royal head of state, why then is queen Elizabeth, king Juan Carlos of Spain and king Carl Gustav of Sweden absent? Shouldn't it be their duty to attend as well as some of you think it that it should be prince Albert's duty? All of these heads of state are sending representatives to the wedding, and if they feel that they have a reason to be absent it's up to them, whether it's an event to the memory of princess Grace or a private hunting trip. As it's said in a Swedish etiquette column, a wedding invitation is an request, not an order to attend the wedding.

If Notre Dame de Luxembourg will wear the late’s Mother’s Veil , perhaps Countess Stephanie will wear Princes Josephine Charlotte’s Lace Veil made in Belgium... and i hope the Tiara from de Belgium Nobility , not the Diamond Bracelet from Congo .
I say Bracelet because I learned from RJMB that Josephine wore on her wedding day the necklace as necklace and the bracelet which is shorter as tiara
(5uch as MT, Marie-Astrid and Margaretha)

If attending this kind of cermonies is a part of the duties of a royal head of state, why then is queen Elizabeth, king Juan Carlos of Spain and king Carl Gustav of Sweden absent? Shouldn't it be their duty to attend as well as some of you think it that it should be prince Albert's duty? All of these heads of state are sending representatives to the wedding, and if they feel that they have a reason to be absent it's up to them, whether it's an event to the memory of princess Grace or a private hunting trip. As it's said in a Swedish etiquette column, a wedding invitation is an request, not an order to attend the wedding.
Great post.

Perhaps a few minutes googling would eliminate the reason for posts like this one.

Princess Grace foundation is celebrating 30 years since its formation. It was formed shortly after the death of Princess Grace to formalize a dream she had of supporting young performers and artists. As is usually the case I would guess there is other events in connection with this 30 year anniversary, i.e. dinner/reception with the current and perhaps also past years winners, board meeting and other events closely connected with the foundation. This is the event Prince Albert should attend. The Luxemburg wedding is clearly second to the Princess Grace foundation.

Allow me to disagree. The Luxemburg wedding is a matter of State. P. Albert as the Head of a State should attend. A state wedding has an official carachter that places it before any private foundation as Princess Grace Foundation is, despite of its meretory role in the world of the arts. P. Caroline could very well attend the Foundation cerimonies ( as she did in past years) while P. Albert should be in Luxemburg. Besides, the weeding takes place in the 19th _ 20th October weekend. The Princess Grace Foundation awards will take place on the 22nd... two days after the wedding. P. Albert could very well be present in both events, after all that s what planes are for... travel fast around the world. Is it tiresome? Of course, but that why is a Soverain Prince and not an office clerk. No one said his job would be an easy one. This said, i state this is just my opinion and you have all the right to disagree.

Allow me to disagree. The Luxemburg wedding is a matter of State. P. Albert as the Head of a State should attend. A state wedding has an official carachter that places it before any private foundation as Princess Grace Foundation is, despite of its meretory role in the world of the arts. P. Caroline could very well attend the Foundation cerimonies ( as she did in past years) while P. Albert should be in Luxemburg. Besides, the weeding takes place in the 19th _ 20th October weekend. The Princess Grace Foundation awards will take place on the 22nd... two days after the wedding. P. Albert could very well be present in both events, after all that s what planes are for... travel fast around the world. Is it tiresome? Of course, but that why is a Soverain Prince and not an office clerk. No one said his job would be an easy one. This said, i state this is just my opinion and you have all the right to disagree.

Albert reigns, Guillaume is a crown prince equivalent. Generally, the various houses send as representation their equivalent rank. In this instance, P Caroline would be the correct person to attend, as she is (currently) next in line for Monaco.

Allow me to disagree. The Luxemburg wedding is a matter of State. P. Albert as the Head of a State should attend.
Why is it so important to you that Albert attends, when it doesn't seem to be as important to you that the royal heads of state from Britain, Spain and Sweden attend??

Why is it so important to you that Albert attends, when it doesn't seem to be as important to you that the royal heads of state from Britain, Spain and Sweden attend??

Fair question. The Hereditary Princess of Monaco is attending the wedding of the Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg. As nice as it would be to see Albert and Charlene at another wedding, the Monagasque level of representation seems fair. It is not as if Albert is the only European reigning monarch who will not be in attendance.

Not enough space in the Palais? Are all the royal guests going to the Gala too? Is that just assumed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom