Will Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling marry in 2008?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Will Victoria and Daniel marry in 2008?

• Yes!

Votes: 70 35.5%
  • No, they will marry in 2009

Votes: 58 29.4%
  • No, they will marry in 2010

Votes: 15 7.6%
  • No, they will marry after 2010

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • No, they will never marry

Votes: 47 23.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hate for CP Victoria to be "pushed" into any marriage that she was either not ready for, or for some reason not comfortable with. Somehow I think a divorce would be out of the question for her personally, so she must really be sure of her future Prince Consort. Something is holding her back regarding Daniel-----------------always go with your instincts

Maybe Daniel is the one holding back.Marrying into a royal family is not an easy thing.

If I was Princess Victoria and having the high responsability of being Sweden future Queen, possibily I should have choosen another boyfriend. But in matter of love, only the ones who are in love must have the power to choice, and all marriages must be for love reasons. Of course, it will be nicer that we can have a marriage that could integrate love and royalty, but things are never perfect in this world.

On the other hand, princess Victoria is Daniel's girlfriend since some years by now. If she is, she loves him, and if she loves him...why did she could have afraid of marrying him? Why did she should be "pushed"? She is not. When you loves someone you couldn't wait the very moment of marrying him/her. There is a modern theory against matrimony, but I never suscribed to it. Matrimony is the society basis, for family cames from it.

So; I hope that Princess Victoria will marry Daniel as soon as she can. She is a Crownprincess and she has dinastic duties...And evidetly, It should be nice to have a HUGE marriage ceremony among our Royals in 2008! I love Weddings...:D:wub::blush::w00t2::coach:

Vanesa.

I don't envision these two marrying anytime soon. Meaning I cannot see them engaged in 2008, 2009, or 2010.

I don't envision these two marrying anytime soon. Meaning I cannot see them engaged in 2008, 2009, or 2010.

Although I hope you will be wrong here, I have a feeling they won't be getting married anytime soon. I voted that they will get engaged in 2008 but honestly, with Daniel continuing expanding his gyms throughout Sweden, he at the moment seems to have other things besides becoming a potential prince and remaining a businessman.

Marriage

Well like you said you cannot envision Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling marrying in 2008, 2009 or 2010. I seriously can not imagine them waiting until 2011! :ROFLMAO: So who knows if they will ever marry?

I voted no they will never marry but I wanted to vote I hope not

I heard they said (at the court) she is foreign now for language studies so I think we can forget an engagement this year.

Lets hope for next year. But I think if nothing will come on march 12 I think we can foreget 2008 as a wedding year too. I can´t imagine the swedish royal court arrange a winter wedding in december if they not consider a wedding in the ice church in kiruna.

I know a few pepole who works in Stockholm Cathedral Parish and they said there is no princess wedding in their plans for next year in storkyrkan unless she has booked in a another name. Wich is possible but I don´t think there is any form of secret contract between SVT, Stockholm Cathedral (storkyrkan) and the Royal Court.
The risk is to big that the whole packet would leak to gossip newspapers like "Svensk Damtidning and Se och Hör".

And it is always the Royal Court Parish and not the Stockholm Cathedral Parish who arrange the royal church weddings.
As for Victorias wedding most of us here in sweden think that they will do as they did in 1976: Rent Stockholm Cathedral for the wedding and invite the Archbishop (who works in Uppsala) to marry them.

Last edited:
I heard they said (at the court) she is foreign now for language studies so I think we can forget an engagement this year.

Lets hope for next year. But I think if nothing will come on march 12 I think we can foreget 2008 as a wedding year too. I can´t imagine the swedish royal court arrange a winter wedding in december if they not consider a wedding in the ice church in kiruna.

I know a few pepole who works in Stockholm Cathedral Parish and they said there is no princess wedding in their plans for next year in storkyrkan unless she has booked in a another name. Wich is possible but I don´t think there is any form of secret contract between SVT, Stockholm Cathedral (storkyrkan) and the Royal Court.
The risk is to big that the whole packet would leak to gossip newspapers like "Svensk Damtidning and Se och Hör".

That with the foreign language studies seems more like a vacation with girlfriends. IMO it was quite stupid of the court to say, she is for language studies abroad. "She is abroad" would have done it :rolleyes:
Här är Victoria på hemlig tjejsemester - Nyheter - Expressen.se - Sveriges bästa nyhetssajt!
Daniel was this weekend in Liechtenstein to watch the Soccer Match (Sweden won 3:0)
They have done such separated vacations before.

Thanks for the information with the cathedral. Well, that with the full planned wedding is indeed not overly likely. But I could very well imagine, that a Saturday would be booked...under a wrong name or of a couple close to the court or Royal family. I can´t imagine it any other way...as kicking an other couple out would be quite cruel. ;)
If this "trick" would be done in 2008 or 2009...2010...or 2011 :)bang:) is the question though...

CP Victoria has chosen her life companion. They will marry when the two of them decide that the time is right. CP Victoria has a unique role and is only a breath away from being our Queen. I congratulate her on her confidence and maturity in choosing Daniel and standing behind him through all the criticism he endured early on in the relationship. There are enough of "suitable" but questionable marriages in the royal circles.

According to the TV-news (Rapport on SVT1) the Foreign Ministry has asked for extra money for 2008 in case of a royal wedding.

A spokesperson from the Foreign Ministry says it doesn't mean there will be a marriage. It just means there might be a marriage.

According to the TV-news (Rapport on SVT1) the Foreign Ministry has asked for extra money for 2008 in case of a royal wedding.

A spokesperson from the Foreign Ministry says it doesn't mean there will be a marriage. It just means there might be a marriage.

As it seems there has been a similar document last year (though not as obvious as this year´s)
It seems though strange to me to ask for a budget for a wedding, that could take place in 5 years or so. Is this then the same with funerals :confused: ;)
So far the court says there are no plans at the moment. But can they really say, that there are plans? Would Victoria really announce her engagement, the day after it took place (as she had stated several times)?
This news actually leaves me with more questions than answers.
Article in english on the matter:
The Local - Sweden gears up for royal wedding

Last edited:
I read about this possible secret wedding from Estonian newspaper too (review from Expressen) and I must say that if V&D really want to do so I'm very disappointed about Victoria. She is crown princess and future queen althoug she has no legal power - she represent her country and her weddings must be public occasion. Well lets hope that this story isn't true and we can see beautiful royal wedding next summer:)

I read about this possible secret wedding from Estonian newspaper too (review from Expressen) and I must say that if V&D really want to do so I'm very disappointed about Victoria. She is crown princess and future queen althoug she has no legal power - she represent her country and her weddings must be public occasion. Well lets hope that this story isn't true and we can see beautiful royal wedding next summer:)
I don't understand your logics.

A private proposal (already done or not, we honestly don't know) doesn't stop a public wedding.

Oh I misunderstand something - secret engagement really doesn't matter. I just sayd what I've read from that nespaper and there wasn't nothing about such engagement. Sorry!

Victoria & Daniel possible engagement and wedding are so possible/impossible that I think it's better just wait and see:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible that IF the money has been set aside for a royal wedding that it could be for Prince Carl-Phillipe or Princess Madeleine? Both of them are also in long-term relationships:flowers:

True crm2317, but I believe it has been said that Victoria will surely marry first. Not that I agree with that, the first born does not IMO have to be the first to marry. Look at the Danish. But seeing that it is King Carl Gustav's daughter that we are talking about, Victoria will more than likely be the first of the three siblings to tie the knot.

i believe if a marry is coming vicy do it but we will se maybe it´s a joke we will see what´s happen

If there will be a marriage, I think it is Victoria, or maybe Carl-Philip. He is together with Emma for a very long time and has the right age. I don't think it is Madeleine.

no it wont be maddy (I Mean ive even bought the ring yet :p ) jk

Is it possible that IF the money has been set aside for a royal wedding that it could be for Prince Carl-Phillipe or Princess Madeleine? Both of them are also in long-term relationships:flowers:

I also think exactly the same as you are.

If Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel do not marry next year then I cannot see why Prince Carl Philip and Emma will not be able to marry if that is their wish.

If Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel do not marry next year then I cannot see why Prince Carl Philip and Emma will not be able to marry if that is their wish.

Please remember why Prince Bertil wasn't allowed to marry Lilian for so many years, they were allowed to marry in 1976 at a time QS was pregnant with her first child.

If Carl-Phillip and Madeleine marry without the permission they are no longer in the line of succession, and so it is likely that Victoria has to marry first and "procuduce" a heir

Please remember why Prince Bertil wasn't allowed to marry Lilian for so many years, they were allowed to marry in 1976 at a time QS was pregnant with her first child.

If Carl-Phillip and Madeleine marry without the permission they are no longer in the line of succession, and so it is likely that Victoria has to marry first and "procuduce" a heir

But obviously the king would give the permission to all of his 3 children. And high likely the children of all 3 would be in line to the throne (at least if they would marry commoners or nobles with a clean record)
These days as Royal you can marry pretty much everyone, as long he/she isn´t a criminal. That is the base for the judgement of the government and should be the one of the king (who self married a commoner)

But obviously the king would give the permission to all of his 3 children. And high likely the children of all 3 would be in line to the throne (at least if they would marry commoners or nobles with a clean record)
These days as Royal you can marry pretty much everyone, as long he/she isn´t a criminal. That is the base for the judgement of the government and should be the one of the king (who self married a commoner)

That should be the base, it should be..., but unfortunately I can't see the king giving his permission to a marriage between Victoria and Daniel, I think he hesitates amongst other things because Daniel is a SWEDISH commoner.
The Silvia/CG-case was/is quite different. I think he would had a problem getting permission from his grandfather, but as a king he was able to marry every woman, if a commoner, if swedish, german,russian, a noble woman, a pincess, what ever he liked.
And as we all know, Silvia wasn't swedish...

And are you 100% sure that Madeleines and Carl-Philipps children will be in line of succession? I think at least Madeleines children will be plain XYZ Bergström.
None of his sisters children are in line of succession!

I think the swedish king is rather conservativ in that topic...

And are you 100% sure that Madeleines and Carl-Philipps children will be in line of succession? I think at least Madeleines children will be plain XYZ Bergström.

None of his sisters children are in line of succession!
Yes, they will. Regardless of what titles Madeleine's children will or will not have, they will be in the line of succession, as long as they belong to the Swedish Lutheran Church - simply because they are descendants of King Carl Gustav.
Art. 1. The right of succession to the throne of Sweden is vested in the male and female descendants of King Carl XVI Gustaf, Crown Prince Johan Baptist Julii, later King Karl XIV Johan’s, issue in direct line of descent. In this connection, older siblings and their descendants have precedence over younger siblings and their descendants.
http://www.riksdagen.se/templates/R_PageExtended____6311.aspx

The children of the King's sisters not being in the line of succession, is, of course, because none of the King's sisters were ever included in it.

Danish newspaper BT had an interesting quote (taken from Aftonbladet) from the King - he was asked how he felt about a future wedding:
It would be really great. I think all parents feel that. But it will first be when it is appropriate and when the young ones feel like it. I'm not going to answer which of my children will be first out. You will have to ask them about that.
http://www.bt.dk/article/20071019/royalt/71019046/

Danish newspaper BT had an interesting quote (taken from Aftonbladet) from the King - he was asked how he felt about a future wedding:

Sveriges konge: Smaddergodt med et bryllup - royalt
Yes, this is the statement my comment on the king obviously giving his permission was based on.
It might be, that the idea of a Swedish commoner, gym owner/trainer and country bumpkin as son in law wasn´t overly attractive for the king in the beginning...but I guess in the meanwhile he got used to this idea and (weirdly enough ;)) I´m agreeing with grevinnan, Daniel seems to be her chosen life companion. So where should be the point of fighting that?

Soon Victoria will have reached the age, the king had, when baby Victoria was produced...so maybe that is (also) a reason for being more open and not
pushing all questions on weddings away (as he did in the past)

So Daniel is now pretty alone in the focus and most are expecting him to act finally (at least, that´s how it comes out in most recent blog entries, columns and articles on the matter)

On one hand I think it's great that Victoria has taken her time with Daniel and not rushed into anything; whether you're royal or not, a rushed wedding doesn't always bode well. "Marry in haste, repent at leisure."

That said, how long have they been together now? 6 going on 7 years? IF by now they don't know if they want to spend the rest of their lives together and commit themselves not only to each other but to Sweden.....perhaps now would be a good time to figure that out. Maybe they have already discussed marriage and have agreed together on a time to announce an engagement....maybe they haven't.

A few hits/clues wouldn't hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom