Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 5: January 2021 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Press release from the Marshal of the Realm Fredrik Wersäll:
"On behalf of His Majesty the King, I hereby report that the King is on a state visit to Mexico on March 11-16, 2024. During this trip, He is prevented from fulfilling his duties as Head of State", writes the Marshal of the Realm in a letter to the Ministry of Justice.
As it is written in the Instrument of Government, Victoria acts as temporary Head of State/Regent ad interim on March 11-16.
I don't think I have ever seen an official Regent announcement for Victoria. Granted, I have never looked for one and assumed she would be in any case. Has this happened before??

I didn't know Sweden works with a regency system either - hasn't the whole family been abroad together in the past? Imho he is currently fulfilling his duty as head of state by being on a State visit.

I didn't know Sweden works with a regency system either - hasn't the whole family been abroad together in the past? Imho he is currently fulfilling his duty as head of state by being on a State visit.
I also had not ever heard of a Regent being appointed in Sweden of recent memory.

Me too. I do not think Sweden is as strict regarding the regency as Denmark, for example. They have definitely all been abroad either in private vacations or weddings.

When the King is away from Sweden outside Europe, the Marshal of the Realm sends a letter to the Government about the temporary Head of State/Regent ad interim. And Victoria is the temporary Head of State/Regent ad interim, or if Victoria isn't in Sweden, then Carl Philip acts as a temporary Head of State/Regent ad interim. This has been the practice in Sweden for a long time already.

Daniel, Estelle, Oscar and Oscar's friend were at the ice hockey match AIK - Mora yesterday at Hovet. AIK won 4-1.
Photos from AIK Hockey's Facebook

Thanks for the clarification. So, if the king is in Europe, there is no need for a regent but if he is outside of Europe there is? Why do they make that difference given that in both cases he is abroad?

I'd think that when he is on a state visit in Mexico he is much more carrying out duties as a head of state than when he is on holiday in France. And why would no regent be needed if he is on state visit to for example the Netherlands while during state visits to a non- European country? It just doesn't make sense to me...

The Swedish American Chambers of Commerce USA, Inc. (SACC-USA) announced in June 2023 that HRH Prince Daniel has become a patron of the organization. He has long been committed to entrepreneurship and is particularly interested in trade and how Swedish companies succeed in export markets.
“We are fortunate to receive the tutelage and patronage of Prince Daniel,” says SACC-USA Executive Director Karin Hammar. “He has a keen eye for entrepreneurial opportunities and young talent, which benefit the business community at large.”

Last edited:
The annual report of Radiohjälpen tells:
Funds from Crown Princess Victoria's Fund supported 50 projects for children and young people with disabilities, which is expected to reach almost 6,900 childrenand young people.
The fundraising for Crown Princess Victoria's Fund amounted to a total of SEK 4,494,442. Of these are made up
SEK 630,607 of gifts from wills. Total since its inception, SEK 188,089,533 has been collected in the Fund.

I think the difference is that in Sweden no member of the family has to remain home to act as Regent like it is done in Denmark where there have been very exceptional circumstances for not doing so (i think the only exception in recent years was the funeral of Prince Richard).

So, when does Sweden use a regent if being abroad is not a problem?

Victoria and Daniel are spending Easter in Ockelbo and have visited Wij Gardens and its restaurant.
Pic

So, when does Sweden use a regent if being abroad is not a problem?

A regent (Riksföreståndare) is only needed when the King is far away, like Australia or South America, or if he's in a place where infrastructure is lacking and it would take forever to come home. Which is never the case in Europe of course (except for the very north of Sweden, haha).
If neither Victoria or Carl Philip are available, the Speaker of the Parliament steps in. I don't think that has happened since the kids came of age though.

The schools in Stockholm have Easter holiday this week.
According to Norwegian Se og Hør, the crown princess family is on Mallorca. The magazine's reporter is on holiday and was at the Mar de Nudos restaurant on the seafront in Palma on Tuesday evening when the crown princess family arrived there with two friend couples and three bodyguards discreetly on the next table. The family enjoyed delicious Japanese dishes.

Last edited:
Princess Birgitta told to Expressen that she met Victoria, Daniel and the children during their vacation. They met at her beloved second home: the golf course.
- We were on the golf course. I played golf with Prince Daniel and so on. We had a great time, Birgitta says.
But there was no time for more family gatherings than that, Victoria, Daniel and the children are on Mallorca with their friends and they stay in the city in Palma.

Svensk Damtidning has also spoken with Birgitta.
When Svensk Damtidning reaches Birgitta, the crown princess family has just left from Mallorca to Sweden. Birgitta tells:
- I had a very nice chat with Victoria and the children. We also drank something nice and when I spoke to them now, they were at the airport. It was ordinary talk, quite simply. The kind you talk about when you see each other. It was nothing special, but Victoria is a wonderful person.

Victoria and director, producer and actor Felix Herngren are two famous people who are currently appearing in fake AI-generated videos spreading on Facebook. The purpose of the video clips is to trick Swedes into so-called investment fraud.

As a UF alumnus, you now have the opportunity to apply for the Prince Daniel's Scholarship for Young Entrepreneurship for the first time.
The scholarship of SEK 50,000 will go to a former Junior Achievement entrepreneur who has completed his/her entire JA year, is a maximum of 30 years old and has run a business for a number of years.
The scholarship was established by The Confederation of Swedish Enterprise to honor Prince Daniel's many years of commitment to Junior Achievement Sweden and young entrepreneurship. It was handed over as a gift on Prince Daniel's 50th birthday.
The prize is awarded at the, Swedish Championships in Young Entrepreneurship.

Victoria and Daniel were at the movies yesterday:
Writer and producer Filip Hammar at his Instagram, photos from Haga Palace:
"Yesterday, the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel got to meet Sweden's currently by far the biggest film stars. They watched "The Last Journey" together and then enjoyed a long, hilarious dinner at Haga Palace Laughter hailed and dad delivered stories like in the old days."

Filip Hammar and Fredrik Wikingsson are current with new film "The Last Journey", where they take Filip's father Lars Hammar on a trip to France.
At TV4's "Efter fem" today Filip Hammar told:
- I think it was Fredrik who had contact with Prince Daniel. He asked if they wanted to see the movie. "Yes!", they said. So then we first went to the cinema with them. Just father, mother, me, Fredrik, our spouses and them. And the Säpo guards. We watched the whole movie with them. Life takes you to strange places. Afterwards we went to Haga Palace and had dinner.
To Lars, it was a memory for life for him, it was really unlikely.

Victoria, Daniel, Estelle and Oscar will attend the Eurovision Song Contest in May. '
According to information to Aftonbladet, the court is currently holding discussions with both SVT and the police to ensure that the crown princess family will be able to attend the competition, even though the visit has been planned for several months.
Margareta Thorgren partially confirms this information: "There is planning around the royal presence at Eurovision. We will get back to you later on these plans," she writes in a text message.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom