Victoria and Daniel's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BUNTE surely is THE German gossip mag Nr.1, but IMO they aren´t the one with the silliest stories. Over the years they have revealed a lot of things, which had turned out true, they have connections to celebs and got many interviews.
1-2 times a year they have stories on Victoria. Mostly with her (and Daniel) on the cover. And in the articles they are playing theories through (so the same as here) and ask Swedish "experts" for their judgement.

BUNTE surely is THE German gossip mag Nr.1, but IMO they aren´t the one with the silliest stories. Over the years they have revealed a lot of things, which had turned out true, they have connections to celebs and got many interviews.

I agree Lena Bunte is no pink press in the worst sense, there are about 10 -15 german weekly mags living off inventing stories, copying from each other. I don't say that Bunte is reliable in general but parts are - as you say Lena, there were lots cases of "where there is smoke there is fire" that proved right in the end. What I don't like is their claim to have "insider knowledge" - eg in Monaco but I would not trash them as rubbish. There are many mags in Germany that are much worse, including Gala.

Bild PDI_20081113_PDI4087=

Victoria again on her own at Charles's Birthday party. I am sure protocol was much stricter at the private Birthday party of Charles as at the private Birthday party of Fred, where Daniel did attend. I was hopeful back then that we would see more of him in the future, slightly but steadily introducing him to the public as Victoria's soon-to-be fiancee. It's so annoying to see Victoria transforming into kind of a spinster :bang: attending all events with her parents or alone instead of her partner, and Daniel fading into the background or even completely out of sight.

Having recently had the opportunity to speak to a friends' friend, a girl from Sweden, she told me that in her opinion most Swedes, at least those who are interested, believe that the one reason why there is no going forward is the court's disapprovement of Daniel and that Victoria will wait out the decision until her parents are forced to take action, namely when Victoria's biological age will become a real concern. Who knows if Daniel will still be around by then. If this is true, what a nice family :whistling: and at what age does fertility get critical? A few more years to come I fear and with some bad luck and overdoing the waiting game we may even see the burden to produce a heir/ess on Carl Philip (what probably indicates another 10 -30 years of waiting).

Yes, she gives quite a loonely impression with all the other Crown Princely Couples yesterday. They could have "paired" her at least with Haakon.
But to be honest...in Daniel´s position the prospect of meeting the Royals of the Royals would scare the...well, you know...out of me ;) Actually weird...since they have produced more scandals than any other Royal family...and since the future with William seems to be more than casual...

My guess is no wedding next year. And maybe also therefore he wasn´t there, as it would be 100% read as an other big sign after the party of Frederik and the move to Drottningholm...

Or he was simply not invited.

Don´t believe the "disapproval theory"...anymore. Might be, that Ma&Pa Bernadotte were hoping for a break-up in the beginning...but I guess by now all the reason for the delay is on Daniel´s side.
I guess many Swedes believe it, because it gets promoted so much by the press.

It´s said fertility is starting to lower at 25. But that´s just statistics.

A woman, who found the one at 39, who got a healthy child at 40 and one at 43 will probably say, that it was no big deal to get the children late.

One, who knew her partner, since 24 and who had wanted a child at 31 and who could´t conceive...until the 7th try of IVF at 38, and who would get a second child at 43, who would be born in week 27 , would maybe say, it would have been wiser to start earlier with trying.
The same would probably go for a woman, who couldn´t conceive at all...though she (+ partner) hadn´t the worst test results fertility-wise.

The only thing, that it´s for sure, the risk for infertility grows with age.

A few cases of late mothers. Of course in the majority exceptions...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pregnancy_over_age_50

Uhh...I wouldn't worry about her getting infertile! That's definitely way too far off.

But getting infertile is the normal way for every woman ;)

Yeah but that's when they're like 45 and up. Victoria is only 31! And I wouldn't prefer to have a baby before her age either.

Good thing men don't go infertile too, or else it would be a circus. :lol: I wonder if there will be gossip about whether or not they make him test his little swimmers like with women. Or image if he started losing hair (like he who won't be named), then they would complain he was getting to old. Either way I think he is happy to be left alone for a little while.

As far as I know Kate Middleton and Tatiana (Blatnik) didn´t attend either. So it was strict for engaged or married couples. Therefore, no worry. And I´m sure: Victoria will marry next year!;)

I would love to see a wedding next year between them but I don't think it will happen.

today at the german newspaper "Bild am Sonntag" is written that teh king doen´t allow the wedding because Victoria can get Baby´s with Daniel. For me it was new

today at the german newspaper "Bild am Sonntag" is written that teh king doen´t allow the wedding because Victoria can get Baby´s with Daniel. For me it was new
that's such a BILD gossip. ... :lol:
That's the result when the worst gossip mag of all starts to do research. :whistling:

Last edited:

Since cheesy (and by far worse than BILD self!!!) "Hänt Extra" had a similiar story of late, I guess they had been the source, so this adds "probably false" to "new" ;)
One has to be realistic here...if this would be the case, we probably wouldn´t know...

Once we start to discuss 'BILD' in a serious way, we might just as well start to discuss what my great-grandmother saw in her crystal bowl.

Crystal bowl? I always thought it was a crystal ball all these years, interesting. I wonder if BILD also thinks that they are waiting for the fairly godmothers to appear before an engagement.

Once we start to discuss 'BILD' in a serious way, we might just as well start to discuss what my great-grandmother saw in her crystal bowl.

Did "great-grandmother Boris" maybe see a dashing count, who would be charming and who would take the crown princess by storm? :angel:;)

I don't believe any gossip mag could ever find out such private information about the Royals! *snort*

As for pregnancy age - medically speaking, a woman's fertility usually begins around the time of the first menstruation (just before, or some months / years after) and peaks in her 20's. After 28 - 30, her fertility will slowly begin to decline. After the age of 36, her fertility drops like a stone. To a certain extent, it can also depend on the age the woman got her first period. Women who begin menstruating early will tend to develop menopause earlier - their fertility may therefore begin and end earlier as well.

Of course it's possible to have children long after that age (my mum was 40 when she had me and other women are even older who have kids). Problem is, the chances of having a child will drop with age and it gets harder and harder.

Furthermore, the risks of complications during pregnancy and birth to both mother and baby will increase as the maternal age increases. The risks of congenital or genetic defects (e.g. Downs Syndrome) also increases with the age of the parents.

Victoria has a few years and counting, but in the interests of securing the royal line, she will need to hurry up. I'm not all that hopeful of Carl Philip producing a royal heir! We may have to end up looking to Madeleine.

I couldn't agree more! Victoria does need to hurry up when it comes to having a child (and getting marries of course). I almost hate to say it but I see Madeleine having children before Victoria and CP.

Victoria has a few years and counting, but in the interests of securing the royal line, she will need to hurry up. I'm not all that hopeful of Carl Philip producing a royal heir! We may have to end up looking to Madeleine.

Well, Queen Silvia was 29 when she met Carl Gustaf, and 33 the year they married. My guess is that Victoria's parents don't think there is any real hurry before 2010.

But I still hope that there'll be a wedding already in 2009.

But Silvia and the king had only dated for 3.5 years and not 7 :whistling:
There´s the rub. Daniel so so so doesn´t seem willing to do the job, that I can perfectly picture him, hopping off...and then Victoria would be far far far away from marrying at 32.5 as her mother...

Anna-Amalia is a nice name/nick btw (and IMO has a better flow than Catharina Amalia)...have you chosen it after Duchess Anna Amalia v. Sachsen-Weimar-Eisenach?

Thanks! The Duchess with this pretty name was unknown to me. A relative of mine (100 % red blood) back in the early 19th century was baptized Anna Amalia. She lived long and seems to have been quite happy, so I chose her name for good luck!

And of course 7 year is a long, long dating time in the royal world.

Is there anything new on the couple? I'm getting antsy for an engagement. I feel like their relationship has stalled in the public sense, and it's disapointing.

Waity Dany?

She is the Crown Princess of Sweden- if she really wanted to be married to Daniel Westling I am sure she would proprse herself.

I can't understand the big panic with her fertility. Princess Mary of Denmark was nearing 34 when Prince Christian was born and then went on to have another healthy child. Princess Marie is 33 and hasn't given birth yet and the Spanish Crown Princess was 33 and 34 when she had her children so if Victoria marries within the next couple of years, and gets pregnant soon after, she will be no older than other Crown Princesses when they gave birth.

These Princesses were very lucky ! But the statistic are clear about the age and the fertility !

I don't think they were lucky. Early to mid-thirties isn't old to have a child. Princess Maxima had her 3 kids at age 32, 34 and 36 respectivley. The two Spanish Infantas had their first at age 34 and Princess Alexia of Greece had her first at 36! I have read however that infertility and the risk of birth defects does rise considerably after the age of 35 so I wouldn't advise Victoria to waste any more time on this relationship if it isn't going anywhere.

I don't think it's necessarily old - I was my mom's first, and she was 35. However, women do become less fertile as they age, and they tend to be much more fertile in their 20s than in their 30s, and even less so in their early 40s. That doesn't necessarily mean a woman who wants to have a baby at 35 will definitely have difficulty conceiving it, but it does mean she's more likely to have trouble than she would have been at 25. Sonja of Norway, who married at 31, comes to mind as an example of this. Victoria doesn't know whether it will be difficult for her or not, so, if she wants children (and I'm assuming she does, since she seems to like them and will need an heir), she would be better off marrying sooner rather than later.

Considering the fact that the line of succession to the Swedish throne consists only of The Crown Princess, The Duke of Varmland, and The Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland, I'm surprised that all three are still wandering around unmarried and waisting their fertile years while the Royal Family is on the verge of extinction. You can never be too prudent.

And of course 7 year is a long, long dating time in the royal world.

It's a long dating time in every world :ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom