The 40th Birthday - 14 July, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyFinn

Imperial Majesty
City
Southwest
Country
Finland
The founder and organizer of the Victoria Day (Victoriadagen) concert in Borgholm, Kay Wiestål, told to Expressen in December, that he had got a letter from the Royal Court. The court confirmed that Victoria, Daniel, the king and queen will celebrate Victoria's 40th birthday in Öland on 14th July. And Wiestål thinks that other members of the family will come too.
Victorias beslut om 40-årsdagen i sommar _ Kungligt _ Expressen

The tickets were put on sale on the next day.
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=cbdc01caea127bf31b97a5ee89bef82d&oe=58B1CFD2

Queen Silvia talked about Victoria's birthday to Expressen's reporter Elias Giertz last week when she and the king arrived to the dinner hosted by the Speaker of the Parliament.
Giertz writes that queen Silvia is already making plans for the celebration - and reveals that there will be a folk festival in Stockholm.
- We have a big anniversary now. It is the Crown Princess's birthday, and of course we look forward to it very much.
And the royal couple is already making plans for Victoria's 40th birthday. In addition to a celebration at Solliden on Öland, there will also be a big celebration in Stockholm.
- It is nice. It will be both here in Stockholm and at Solliden, says Silvia.
Then Silvia gives a mysterious smile:
- More than that, we will not tell!
According to the director of the press department, Margareta Thorgren, more information about Crown Princess Victoria's 40th anniversary will be published later.
- The planning is ongoing. Once the planning is complete, we will communicate it and tell you how the birthday will be celebrated.
How involved the royal couple and the family in general are in the planning of the Crown Princess's birthday?
- The king and queen are involved in the planning.
Usually Victoria's birthday is celebrated on Öland, which will take place even this year. But now it becomes thus a double celebration - both in Stockholm and Öland.
Last such a celebration took place was in 2007, at Victoria's 30th birthday. The celebration began in the morning at the Royal Chapel in Stockholm, followed by an official reception at the Palace. Thousands of members of the public gathered in the inner courtyard where they congratulated Crown Princess Victoria and gave flowers to her. Then the royal family flew to Öland, where the celebration continued in the evening.
Här är Silvias hemliga 40-årsplan för Victoria _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Thank you LadyLinn for you reporting!

Hopefully there will be big celebrations with foreign royalty and diginitaries...

Kay Wiestål, the founder of Victoria-dagen concert, told to the press today that the Norwegian super success duo Marcus & Martinus performs at the concert.
- I thought of them early in the process and now it is clear. They are so incredibly popular, it has to be noted that the crown princess turns 40 this year.
A crowd of between 5,000 and 7,000 people usually come to Victoriadagen-concert. But this year there may be room for a larger audience.
- We will develop the arena and see how many people can be taken in, it is drawn in full. We want to get more standing places and we must have better screens so that everyone can see, and then the crown princess must have it really good, says Wiestål.
More artists will be booked on shortly.
- It will not be long before the program is finished, says Wiestål.
Norwegian twin brothers Marcus & Martinus have hit it big in Sweden and the 15-year-olds recently sold out Globen in Stockholm several times.
Marcus & Martinus firar kronprinsessan på Victoriadagen - Barometern

The news at the official website of Victoriadagen
Marcus & Martinus kommer till Victoriadagen 2017! _ Victoriadagen

Last edited:
Johan T Lindwall, the editor-in-chief of Svensk Damtidning, writes at his chronicle that they know how Victoria's birthday is celebrated.
There will be a Te Deum, church service in the morning at the Royal Chapel and then a reception at the Royal Palace. In the afternoon Victoria gets to a plane and flies to Öland and the traditional concert at the Borgholm Sports Arena. Usually Victoria is celebrated and she greets the thousands of people at Solliden Palace on her birthday - but this year it will be on the next day. And Lindwall claims that Victoria's birthday is a three-day celebration.
Johan T Lindwall_ ”Så blir Victorias stora 40-årsfirande!” _ Svensk Damtidning

Johan T Lindwall, the editor-in-chief of Svensk Damtidning, writes at his chronicle that they know how Victoria's birthday is celebrated.
There will be a Te Deum, church service in the morning at the Royal Chapel and then a reception at the Royal Palace. In the afternoon Victoria gets to a plane and flies to Öland and the traditional concert at the Borgholm Sports Arena. Usually Victoria is celebrated and she greets the thousands of people at Solliden Palace on her birthday - but this year it will be on the next day. And Lindwall claims that Victoria's birthday is a three-day celebration.
Johan T Lindwall_ ”Så blir Victorias stora 40-årsfirande!” _ Svensk Damtidning

I really don't like Lindwall, but he's usually quite well informed, so I think it's probably going to be a three day event. Has the court released any official information yet?

I really don't like Lindwall, but he's usually quite well informed, so I think it's probably going to be a three day event. Has the court released any official information yet?

No.

And at the paper issue of Svensk Damtidning they have this schedule:

Thursday 13th July
A private party with friends

Friday 14th July
10.00 Te Deum at the Royal Chapel
12.00 Reception/Lunch at the Royal Palace
15.00 The crown princess flies with the government plane to Kalmar
18.30 The Royal Family arrives to the concert to Borgholm Sports Arena
20.30 Private dinner with friends at Solliden Palace

Saturday 15th July
14.00 Victoria meets the people who want to congratulate her at Solliden Palace

Last edited:
I have the same opinion as you. We'll see how accurate he is this time.

It seems like the plans are similair to the ones for her 30th birthday. Too bad that the public celebration in Solliden will not take place on the actual birthday, this means the celebrations this year are more for invited guests.

We'll have to wait and see what the Court announce and then what royal turnout we could expect for the events.

Looking forward to Victoria's 40th birthday celebrations. I think a great birthday gift for her would be CG's abdication and her ascension to the Silver Throne. I know it won't happen, but it would be a heck of a gift.

imo that would be not so much a gift, but a burden....seeing that she has two small children imo a gift would be for her to enjoy her familylife for a few more years (with the obligations she has in her job as CP) and not haven to take over the crown (which will come with many more obligations)

I agree. It's enough balancing being CP and all her work with that, with two small children. Let Estelle and Oscar have some time with mum before she is queen. Time enough for her to be queen and Estelle to be crown princess. Felipe, WA and Philippe though they all have younger kids, certainly not as young. Besides there were other deciding factors not existing in Sweden.

Say what? She'll turn 40? Wow I thought she was younger :lol: Got enamored by her youthful beauty I guess :eek:

Looking forward to Victoria's 40th birthday celebrations. I think a great birthday gift for her would be CG's abdication and her ascension to the Silver Throne. I know it won't happen, but it would be a heck of a gift.

Eeehhh i don't think that would be a "gift" Victoria would appreciate. Not at all.

I have the same opinion as you. We'll see how accurate he is this time.

It seems like the plans are similair to the ones for her 30th birthday. Too bad that the public celebration in Solliden will not take place on the actual birthday, this means the celebrations this year are more for invited guests.

We'll have to wait and see what the Court announce and then what royal turnout we could expect for the events.

Yes Lindwall is a typical tabloid journalist. Don't like him very much either but he can be quite well informed.

Yes it is sad if there will be no public meet and greet on the actual birthday. But i guess that's a consequence of being both in Stockholm and on Borgholm.
The Te Deum Service and Following lunch reception would be easy to have in Kalmar instead (in my opinion).

Looking forward to her birthday and hope that the media coverage will be a good and respectful one.

If there will be any foreign royal guests it would likely be the crown princely couples and maybe regent couples from Victorias generation.

Last edited:
If there will be any foreign royal guests it would likely be the crown princely couples and maybe regent couples from Victorias generation.

That's probably the case if we'll see any international royal guests, maybe her godparents attend as well.

I am not sure the godparents, well except aunt Desiree and possibly her uncle, will attend. Could be wrong.

I would be surprised if we don't see a few royals. Victoria is very close to Fred and Haakon for years. WA and Max are also likely, Haakon and WA can represent her godparents. Would be a nice touch if Catharina Amalia, Ingrid and Christan came. Guillaume and Stephanie are a possibility too. The young heirs do mingle on a private level.

Her godchildren would be fun :) but i'm not sure if that's doable (there are quite a few, i think)

At least TV-channel TV4 will have a program with Victoria's interview due to her 40th birthday. TV4's program leader Jenny Alversjö wrote at her Twitter a couple of weeks ago, that her colleague has been commissioned with that program.
Probably SVT will do their own interview too.

Her godchildren would be fun :) but i'm not sure if that's doable (there are quite a few, i think)

18. But most of those are children of close friends and family, people likely to be invited to her party. Simply think, for those parents attending, it would be nice. At least the older godchildren.

Interest for Crown Princess Victoria's 40th birthday celebrations on Öland in the summer is greater than ever.
In February, it became known that the Norwegian pop duo Marcus and Martinus are performing at the Victoria Day concert in Öland.
Victoria Day is organized according to tradition to celebrate Victoria's birthday - but the 40th anniversary this summer is of course extra special.
- There is something really special this year, says Kay Wiestål, founder and organizer of the Victoria Day.
Barometern newspaper tells that the rush for tickets to Victoria Day is huge, 3000 seat tickets and 1000 standing places are sold out. Now the organizers must look at the area - and increase the number of places.
Kay Wiestål says:
- Yes, of course it makes us happy. We have never experienced anything like this, even if it is always a great interest for Victoria Day - regardless of artists. There are many who want to participate in the celebration. We want to give as many people as possible a chance to come and celebrate the crown princess and participate in the Victoria Day.
Why do you think the interest is so great?
- It is the course that it is her 40th birthday. Several thousand people want to see her and the royal family on this big day. The other thing is of course the high class artists.
So far, only Marcus & Martinus are published. Kay Wiestål doesn't want to reveal any of the artists in advance.
- We will be releasing several other artists of very high rank. It'll be fun!
Victorias dilemma inför firandet av Victoriadagen _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Last edited:
Victoriadagen published today at their website three more artist who will sing at Victoriadagen -concert on Victoria's 40th birthday: Magnus Uggla, Malena Ernman and Jill Johnson.
Magnus Uggla, Malena Ernman & Jill Johnson till Victoriadagen! - Victoriadagen | Officiell hemsida

- These are three of Sweden's absolute best artists. Real top class, says Kay Wiestål, founder of Victoria Day.
Malena Ernman and Jill Johnson have previously performed on Victoria's birthday. But it is the first time Magnus Uggla celebrates the Crown Princess.
- He has never been here before, so we are very happy that he wants to perform this year, says Kay Wiestål.
Magnus Uggla ska fira Victoria_ ”Verkligen toppklass” _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Magnus Uggla and Malena Ernman sang also at Victoria's and Daniel's pre-wedding concert.

Kay Wiestål said to Barometern that it feels fantastic, they have struggled with the artist list which of course will be extra special when the Crown Princess turns 40. They want to do a concert for mother, father and children, and this release of artists was for Mom and Dad.
Kay Wiestål is particularly pleased with the reservation of Magnus Uggla.
- We have been chasing Magnus Uggla in many years so it's great that he will finally come. He writes a bit quirky but fun lyrics and suits to the whole family, says Kay Wiestål.
More artists will be presented.
- We have probably two more artists to be included in the program, and the program leader, says Wiestål.
Uggla, Ernman och Johnson klara för Victoriadagen - Barometern

Last edited:
The Royal Court today announced the program for the Crown Princess 40th birthday. And as said before it will be celebrated both in Stockholm and at Öland between 14 and 15 July.

14th July - Stockholm
10.00 Te Deum service
A Te Deum service starts the celebrations in the Chapel of the Royal Palace. Invited are close family, representatives from the Riksdags and government and official Sweden, as well as members from the Royal Court.

Afterwards a reception is held at Logården for the guests at the Te Deum. During the receptions gifts will be handed over.

12.00 Salute
A salute is shot from Skeppsholmen. The same happens at the salute stations in Boden, Härnösand, Gothenburg and Karlskrona.

13.00 Cortege through Stockholm
The Crown Princess Family is going in a cortege from the Royal Palace to the Royal Mews.

14th July - Öland
19.00 Birthday concert
Traditionally the Royal Family attends the Birthday concert at Borgholm Idrottsplats.

15th July - Öland
11.00 Public celebration at Solliden
The Royal Couple and the Crown Princess Couple meets the public outside Solliden Palace for the traditional celebration. The gates to the park opens at 08.30.

H.K.H. Kronprinsessan Victorias 40-årsdag firas i Stockholm och på Öland - Sveriges Kungahus

Will the Westlings attend? The announcement said close family.

A couple of days ago two more performers of Victoriadagen-concert were published: Christer Lindarw and Boris René. Kalle Moraeus, who hosted the concert last year, will be the host this year too.
"Kalle Moraeus is popular and was very much liked last year so it's fun that he is back. We have wished to get Christer Lindarw come here earlier but now he finally arrives. We also always want to have a artist of Melodifestivalen and this year we have Boris René. It feels like a really heavy starting field, says Kay Wiestål, founder of Victoriadagen, who has worked with the program together with SVT producer Göran Winberg.
Lindarw och René klara för Victoriadagen - Barometern

Crown Princess Victoria turns 40 Years - and just as when the King turned 70, it's SVT's Claes Elfsberg who Victoria has chosen to give an exclusive interview at Haga Palace.
Victoria, among other things, tells her how she got rid of anorexia and anxiety and about happiness with the children.
Claes Elfsberg, who hosts "Gomorron Sweden" once a week, now works in parallel with the Crown Princess portrait.
- Yes, I'm recording. I have met her in two rounds and will meet her and her family for another round.
Many saw your interview "The King at 70 - Lonely Majesty" last year. How did you get the interview with the Crown Princess?
- In the same way. I wrote to the court's press office that I would like to make such a program before the Crown Princess's 40th birthday. Eventually - it took a long time - I received a positive response.
In what environments do you meet the Crown Princess?
- We have met at her home and at the park outside.
What kind of impression you have got about her?
- My general impression is that she is extremely competent and charming. .
When you portrayed the king, you asked the questions you wanted. This time, SVT announces that the interview will tell how the Crown Princess got rid of anorexia and anxiety, happiness with the children, her many assignments and how she learns about the work that awaits her in the future by studying how Dad and Mom do. Were there any restrictions on the issues?
- No, not at all, not the least. When I was told that I would get the personal portrait, there was a discussion about how we would be practical when it turned out that the Crown Princess had a very full agenda.
How is the difference between interviewing the king and the crown princess?
- It's like the difference between two different people, any one. People are always unique. In a way, it is easier to interview someone who is about the age of a self, but the Crown Princess is about the same age as a couple of my own children so I think I have some insight into her generation's life. She is a very easy-to-talk and nice person, so I do not see any problems with this.
I probably thought it was easier to get comments from the Crown Princess than the King ...?
- Yes, it is clear that there is a difference, let the program show it. We have not even started editing yet, so it's early to talk about the content. She is a very skilled and driven person, although she clearly states that she is not really fond of being interviewed. But even though she is not so fond of it, she dies it with flying colors.
Who in the Crown Princess's family have you talked to?
- She's got a boy for a year and a couple of months and I did not talk with him. Not with any child.
But the Crown Princess's siblings are of age?
- When I say family, I mean the Crown Princess's own family. This is a portrait of Crown Princess Victoria and it will largely be she who answers questions and maybe in some small part someone else who answers questions.
Is there something you want readers to know about the interview?
- That the crown princess has chosen to be very openhearted. As far as I can judge, she has never been so openhearted before.
"The Crown Princess 40 years" will be broadcasted on Friday, July 14 at 20.00 in SVT1.
Kronprinsessan berättar om anorexin och lyckan med barnen. _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Last edited:
It looks like the celebrations will last longer than just two days because there's something also planned for 16th and 17th of July according to www.kungahuset.se calendar.
Four-day celebration. Wow.

Last edited:
It would have been great if the court would have also put now to their website information about the celebration, and not just at the calendar.
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus

It has been very clear that the king and the court have been highlighting the crown princess's role lately and her birthday celebration shows it once again. If the celebration would be only on two days, it would be a big one with a cortege. But a four day celebration is a big surprise for me. I hope that the court hasn't made a mistake while updating the calendar, and the celebration is indeed on four days.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom