Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel, Current Events Part 2: January 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the royal court not publicize the municipal meetings at all?

Perhaps the court publishes an article at their website about these meetings, when they are finished. There are 290 municipalities in Sweden, and now I have found information about 141 meetings done in at least 31 days. There could have been more meetings, I am not registered to any social media, I have found these meetings by using Google and other search engines and news pages.

The second meeting today Victoria and Daniel had with Adam Reuterskiöld, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Ekerö Municipality.
They talked about handling of the pandemic but also about the municipality's development and future.
- The Crown Princess couple's commitment to all municipalities is fantastic and it was very nice to have the opportunity to talk about Ekerö and our development, says Adam Reuterskiöld.
Victoria said that she has a special connection to Ekerö municipality as she grew up in the municipality (Drottningholm Palace is on Lovön island in Ekerö Municipality), and has spent a lot of time on the islands.
Digitalt möte med kronprinsessparet - Ekerö kommun

The third meeting today Victoria and Daniel had with municipal director Fredrik Johansson and municipal councilor Anders Johansson from Mönsterås Municipality (old photo at the article, a photo from today at Facebook).
Anders Johansson says that they talked about the effects of the pandemic and what is going on in Mönsterås. Victoria and Daniel told that they regularly visit Mönsterås and perhaps above all Pataholm. So they knew pretty well what is going on there. Victoria spoke about the decontamination of Jungnerholmarna as a major environmental project. They also talked about outdoor life, business and the production of renewable electricity.
The conversation was very easygoing and pleasant, says Anders Johansson.
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=e793a2eb9e6b59c7f81f68cbd0cab48c&oe=60B82CBE
Kronprinsessparet hälsar till alla medborgare i Mönsterås kommun _ Oskarshamns-Nytt

The fourth meeting today Victoria and Daniel had with Beata Allen, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Aneby Municipality.
- It's not every day you get a chat with the Crown Princess couple. It was the first time I met someone in the royal family, she says.
Beata Allen told about business, the labor market, public health, Furulidshallen and the rural initiatives. Victoria and Daniel made a lot of questions, they had read about Aneby and especially the business community. Allen admits that she was quite nervous, but relaxed soon and they had a very nice and easy conversation.
- What Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel do for the municipalities in Sweden is impressive. They have a genuine interest and also help to convey contacts between the municipalities.
Exklusivt kungligt möte i Aneby_ ”Ett mycket trevligt och lättsamt samtal”

The fifth meeting today Victoria and Daniel had with Catharina Fredriksson, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Oxelösund Municipality.
Fredriksson told about how the staff in the municipality, business, associations and citizens came together and helped each other when they were hit by the pandemic. They talked about the companies are feeling, how they have been affected by the pandemic but also about the courage and faith in the future that characterizes Oxelösund and about the green transition that is now underway at SSAB and will have effects on more companies in Oxelösund. They talked also about the opportunity for young people to get a holiday internship.
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=5096c6e0d7368dc1b936468fdad69b38&oe=60B68224
Kronprinsessparet hälsar till alla oxelösundare - Oxelösund

The sixth meeting today Victoria and Daniel had with the Chair of the Executive Committee Johan Andersson and municipal director Eva Hallberg from Eslöv Municipality.
In addition to the pandemic, they talked about development in Eslöv, including the expansion of eastern Eslöv and the investment in Landsbygdsmiljonen. They talked also about public health, mainly among children and young people, at a time when it is difficult to gather in groups at the same time as the need to move is great.
- The Crown Princess couple were very committed and well-read. Among other things, they knew the larger companies in our municipality. The conversation was both interesting and relaxed at the same time as we appreciate being able to focus on our municipality and the investments and challenges we face, says Johan Andersson.
Kronprinsessparet på digitalt besök i Eslöv - Eslövs kommun

The seventh meeting today Victoria and Daniel had with Annicki Oscarsson, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Ödeshög Municipality.
Annicki Oscarsson tells that it was a very nice and rewarding conversation. Besides the effects of the pandemic Victoria and Daniel were interested in what is current now. They talked about how more visitors want to go out into nature nowadays, especially during the pandemic. Victoria and Daniel are well aware of Naturum Tåkern because Princess Estelle's Fairytale Path is there. Housing construction along Lake Vättern and Ödeshög's entrepreneurial spirit were discussed too.
Victoria and Daniel told that they associate Ödeshög with the famous football player Klas Ingesson who really put Ödeshög municipality on the map.
Oscarsson says: Thank you to our lovely Crown Princess couple for visiting Ödeshög!
Digitalt möte med kronprinsessparet - Ödeshögs kommun

Last edited:
The eighth meeting on Wednesday 5th May Victoria and Daniel had with Niklas Jonsson, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Uppvidinge Municipality.
They talked about the pandemic, but Jonsson also highlighted the great opportunities that exist in Uppvidinge, with a successful business life and a broad association life. Jonsson was very pleased with the conversation and appreciated the opportunity to contribute to the Crown Princess couple's image of Uppvidinge municipality.
Kronprinsessan Victoria och Prins Daniel besökte Uppvidinge digitalt - Uppvidinge kommun

I found also a meeting on 17th February, which Victoria and Daniel had with Fredrik Jarl, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Gagnef Municipality.
"A very nice meeting where I had the opportunity to tell about Gagnef municipality, how we as a municipality, companies and residents have been affected by the pandemic. But also about the opportunities and challenges we face in general."
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10159308564018559&set=ecnf.581913558

Digital meetings with the municipalities continued today, at least two meetings.

Victoria and Daniel met Johan Persson, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Kalmar Municipality.
They talked about everything from population growth to elderly care.
- It was a nice conversation. They were well-read and curious about Kalmar's development. I paid tribute to the efforts made during the pandemic, but also described Kalmar's positive development in recent years, says Johan Persson.
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=25eb9b71f740005d455bbb4136019955&oe=60B97774
Kalmar kommun fick digitalt besök av Kronprinsessparet - Kalmar

The second meeting Victoria and Daniel had with municipal councilor Mikael Henrysson from Bjuv Municipality.
Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel had an informative and exciting chat with Mikael Henrysson about Bjuv's present and future.
Bjuv municipality thanks so much for the visit and a nice conversation.

Last edited:
Does the royal court not publicize the municipal meetings at all?
Perhaps the court publishes an article at their website about these meetings, when they are finished. There are 290 municipalities in Sweden, and now I have found information about 141 meetings done in at least 31 days. There could have been more meetings, I am not registered to any social media, I have found these meetings by using Google and other search engines and news pages.
I had a quick look at the Royal Instagram and didn't find any posts about the municipal meetings so maybe it's like LF says that we'll get an article when they're all done.

The third meeting with municipalities on Friday 7th May Victoria and Daniel had with Mikael Jeansson, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Tingsryd Municipality. The municipality updated it to its website today.
They talked about the importance of increasing immigration, the countryside and its development, the importance of school, Åsnen as a fantastic resource and the corona pandemic. Victoria and Daniel told about Generation Pep and a survey that shows that young people move 20 % less during the pandemic than normally. They talked about Fritidsbanken and how important it is that all children have the opportunity to engage in activities.
- The conversation was very rewarding and it feels extremely nice that the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel take the time to meet all the municipalities.
Victoria and Daniel sent also a special greeting to Maj Ivarsson, 95, a politician in the municipality, they thanked her for her commitment to social issues.
Digitalt möte med Kronprinsessan Victoria och Prins Daniel - Tingsryds kommun

The fourth meeting on 7th May Victoria and Daniel had with Trosa Municipality.

Digital meetings with the municipalities continued today, at least four meetings.

Victoria and Daniel had a meeting with Patric Åberg, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Östra Göinge Municipality.
Åberg told that the municipality has tried not to close down activities for those who need them most: children, young people and people with functional variation and they have kept the upper secondary schools open as much as possible. Åberg told Victoria and Daniel also about the schools' movement investment with, for example, movement on the schedule every morning and the investment "After school", the challenge with high unemployment linked to the last seven years' high reception of new arrivals, the ongoing broadband expansion and development of national road 19.
Kommunstyrelsens ordförande pratade om Östra Göinge med kronprinsessparet _ Östra Göinge kommun

Patric Åberg said to Norra Skåne newspaper that this is a very good initiative from Victoria and Daniel now that they can't come out as they usually do, and a great opportunity for them to hear how the situation is in the country. They are genuinely interested in how we are doing and I think that is very positive, said Åberg.
Norra Skåne _ ”Positivt och kul att se dem igen”

The second meeting Victoria and Daniel had with Anna Tenje, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Växjö Municipality.
Anna Tenje welcomed them digitally in Växjö's new Station and City Hall and told about the house, and that this is a special Monday, Växjö's Pride Week starts and Växjö Lakers have the chance to win Swedish Championship gold tonight. Tenje told about the municipality's business life, climate and sustainability work and that the situation is serious with a high spread of infection.
- I am extremely happy and impressed that they took the time and showed great commitment to Växjö. It was especially fun that they noticed the Lakers' match and the glulam beams in the Hall. It is fantastic that the Crown Princess couple became our first guests in the new City Hall.
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=7df2424b647f62feca41c50460e8ba88&oe=60BCF808
Kronprinsessparet på digitalt besök i Växjö _ Växjö kommun

The third meeting Victoria and Daniel had with Torgny Lindau, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Perstorp Municipality.
They talked about the local business community, especially about Perstorps Industrihistoria and Perstorp AB. And about Perstorpsplattan and the tangle pattern, the designer of the pattern was Sigvard Bernadotte. They discussed also about good collaboration between authorities, municipality and the business community, such as when Industriparken switched its production at the beginning of the pandemic to producing hand alcohol.
- It was a relaxed and pleasant conversation where I told also how Perstorp managed the corona pandemic. It was fun to hear how well-read the Crown Princess couple was about Perstorp, says Torgny Lindau.
Kronprinsessparet i digitalt möte med kommunstyrelsens ordförande - Perstorps kommun

The fourth meeting Victoria and Daniel had with municipal councilor Christer Segerstéen from Kinda Municipality.
After the princess meeting: "Their commitment spreads energy"
https://dms-api.ntm.eu/api/v1/images/l62dvevr/smart/width/980/height/653/as/jpeg
Efter prinsessmötet_ _Deras engagemang sprider energi_ – Corren

Last edited:
The fifth meeting yesterday 10th May Victoria and Daniel had with Tony Ring, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Karlskoga Municipality.
They talked about the pandemic and Ring emphasized the importance of the employees' excellent efforts for the good results during the pandemic. Ring also gave examples of various measures that aimed to facilitate the local business community, such as free parking, gift cards for staff in the municipality and various postponements and abolition of fees for the business community.
Of course they talked about racing as well and Victoria and Daniel have visited Gelleråsbanan race track on several occasions. It was a pleasant and relaxed conversation.
Kommunstyrelsens ordförande i samtal med Kronprinsessan Victoria och Prins Daniel _ Karlskoga

Digital meetings with the municipalities continued today, at least two meetings.

Victoria and Daniel had a meeting with Ilko Corkovic, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Borgholm Municipality (Solliden Palace is in Borgholm).
“It was a nice conversation and it is extremely grateful that the Crown Princess couple are so interested and well-informed about what is happening here. They care about us and their love for Öland is so obvious", says Ilko Corkovic.
Victoria and Daniel asked how things are for the associations and the business community, and what is going on from new schools to new housing and elderly care. Corkovic also thanked Victoria and Daniel for always standing up for them, their presence means a lot to whole Öland.
Borgholms kommun fick digitalt besök av Kronprinsessparet - Borgholms kommun
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=1a4668f5da650cfaa61fa4bdca77dda6&oe=60C0B81C

The second meeting today Victoria and Daniel had with Lars Johnson, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Burlöv Municipality.
For just under half an hour, they talked about how covid-19 has affected the municipality. They talked also about the large investments that are taking place in Burlöv with the expansion to four-lane, the Kronetorp area and all the positive development. Johnson told about Sockerbolaget and Burlöv's good business climate.
Johnson thought it was a very nice conversation and that it was a good initiative by Victoria and Daniel to invite to a digital meeting.
- They were very positive and showed great interest in our municipality.
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=45e5998615c6f8437a3fcb4b1ed71184&oe=60C251D0
Kronprinsessparet i videosamtal med kommunstyrelsens ordförande - Burlöv

Last edited:

Victoria and Daniel had a meeting with Ilko Corkovic, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Borgholm Municipality (Solliden Palace is in Borgholm).
“It was a nice conversation and it is extremely grateful that the Crown Princess couple are so interested and well-informed about what is happening here. They care about us and their love for Öland is so obvious", says Ilko Corkovic.
Victoria and Daniel asked how things are for the associations and the business community, and what is going on from new schools to new housing and elderly care. Corkovic also thanked Victoria and Daniel for always standing up for them, their presence means a lot to whole Öland.
Borgholms kommun fick digitalt besök av Kronprinsessparet - Borgholms kommun
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=1a4668f5da650cfaa61fa4bdca77dda6&oe=60C0B81C

The second meeting today Victoria and Daniel had with Lars Johnson, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Burlöv Municipality.
For just under half an hour, they talked about how covid-19 has affected the municipality. They talked also about the large investments that are taking place in Burlöv with the expansion to four-lane, the Kronetorp area and all the positive development. Johnson told about Sockerbolaget and Burlöv's good business climate.
Johnson thought it was a very nice conversation and that it was a good initiative by Victoria and Daniel to invite to a digital meeting.
- They were very positive and showed great interest in our municipality.
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=45e5998615c6f8437a3fcb4b1ed71184&oe=60C251D0
Kronprinsessparet i videosamtal med kommunstyrelsens ordförande - Burlöv

Additional Meeting was held with Eskilstuna.

Österåkers

Thank you.

The third meeting yesterday 11th May Victoria and Daniel had with Michaela Fletcher, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Österåker Municipality.
Victoria and Daniel were curious about the local business community with many small business owners, it has done well during the pandemic. Fletcher told about Österåker's archipelago with 1100 islands and 93 miles of coastline, which Victoria and Daniel knew about already. They talked about sports, young people and outdoor life and how invaluable all non-profit efforts are. Fletcher invited Victoria and Daniel to the inauguration of Österåker's multi-arena.
Kommunstyrelsens ordförande i möte med Kronprinsessparet - Österåkers kommun

The fourth meeting yesterday Victoria and Daniel had with Jimmy Jansson, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Eskilstuna Municipality.
Btw. Rekarnegymnasiet from Eskilstuna is one of Generation Pep's Pep Schools.

Daniel said yesterday evening at his speech at the delivery of SvD Affärsbragd:
"During the spring, My wife and I have met, among others, many of Sweden's municipalities in digital meetings, where conversations about entrepreneurship and jobs have been very central. And after almost 200 meetings, we can state that the manufacturing industry and many technology companies are doing very well in most municipalities in the country."
So far I have found information about 156 meetings, so about 40 is missing. I wish all the municipalities would tell about these meetings at their website or press room so that the information would be easy to find for everyone.

Victoria and Daniel had a meeting with municipal councilor Oscar Weinmar from Upplands Väsby Municipality.
They talked about the municipality's citizens, development and how the municipality was affected by the pandemic.
Victoria and Daniel have a very good knowledge of the municipality, both in terms of several successful companies that operate there but also which of the municipality's paddle halls they like best. A very nice and appreciated conversation.

The second meeting Victoria and Daniel had with municipal councilor Magnus Weberg from Sjöbo Municipality.
- During our conversation, I highlighted all our fantastic employees, especially in health and care. None of us have previously experienced a pandemic, which required enormous work, rapid adjustments and new ways of working under great pressure, says Magnus Weberg.
Victoria and Daniel wanted to know more about Sjöbo and Weberg told that they have a lot going on, everything from business start-ups to new housing construction. They are also developing last year's initiative with summer holiday activities for children and young people around the municipality. The hospitality industry and trade are still struggling due to the pandemic.
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=eecfabc194d6f518cdb3ee699707b78d&oe=60C37BFE
Kronprinsessparet på digitalt besök i Sjöbo _ Sjöbo kommun

Last edited:
Victoria and Daniel attend the celebration of Gothenburg 400 years on 4th June. Despite the pandemic, they will be present in Gothenburg.
- The Crown Princess will give a speech at the solemn, official part of the ceremony, and Prince Daniel will also be present in Gothenburg, says Sofie Mantzaris who is press officer at Gothenburg & Co.
The celebration is held without any audience. The big party is postponed until 2023.
Daniel lämnar isoleringen – följer Victoria på uppdrag _*Svensk Dam

At 15.00-17.00, on June 4, at live broadcast from Gothenburg you will be guided around the history of Gothenburg and today's Gothenburg. In parts of the broadcast, Gothenburg comedians Ina Lundström and Niklas Andersson will travel by tram together with their specially selected guests, including Miriam Bryant. At the center is the official ceremony led by Tomas von Brömssen, and where H.R.H. Crown Princess Victoria gives a speech.
Göteborg firar 400-årsdagen den 4 juni med unik direktsändning _ Göteborg & Co AB

Last edited:
The third meeting with the municipalities on Wednesday 12th May Victoria and Daniel had with Peter Danielsson, the Chair of the Executive Committee of the City of Helsingborg.
A good and very pleasant conversation about, among other things, the pandemic, how things are going for Helsingborg and what societal challenges the city is facing.

The fourth meeting with the municipalities on Wednesday 12th May Victoria and Daniel had with Catarina Davidsson, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Karlsborg Municipality.
Catarina Davidsson at her Facebook
"Today I had the honor to meet the Crown Princess couple in private on Teams"
Davidsson tells that they talked about Karlsborg's development, the challenges they face but also all the good that is being done now and in the future.
Both Victoria and Daniel showed great interest in Karlsborg and saw the value in the fact that it is a municipality with great nature tourism. Davidsson says that they could probably have talked longer "Very nice and relaxed meeting that I would like to do again for Karlsborg, I can talk a lot about it".
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=343fc82bb665cb77d2eda093a10f82de&oe=60C33EF9
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=ddbc468edb617374c29d4450ef2c3ed7&oe=60C6AAE6

Last edited by a moderator:
The fifth meeting with the municipalities on Wednesday 12th May Victoria and Daniel had with the Chair of the Executive Committee Peter Book and municipal director Ulrika K Jansson from Enköping Municipality. The municipality updated the article about the meeting yesterday to its website.
They talked about the impact of the pandemic on young people and the gratitude to the care staff. The digital life that many now live was also discussed. Book and Jansson highlighted a positive effect of working more digitally: the chance to recruit more talent when the geographical location no longer is an equally decisive factor. That everyone treats each other with respect, both at digital and physical meetings, is important.
- We are extremely grateful for the Crown Princess couple's commitment and interest which was clearly shown through many questions. That Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel show their support and want to hear about how it has been, what it looks like right now and how we see the future, we really appreciate. The Crown Princess couple are warmly welcomed back.
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=c4bca620725512499b71215392ddca7f&oe=60CB4522
https://via.tt.se/data/images/00262/cc8a76ad-18d0-4bbf-a654-373d716ca1a9-w_960.jpg
Kronprinsessparet på digitalt besök i Enköping – Enköpings kommun

Last edited:
Digital meetings with the municipalities continue.

Yesterday, 18th May
Victoria and Daniel had a meeting with municipal councilor Jenny Önnevik from Bromölla Municipality.
Victoria and Daniel were well prepared and curious in issues of nature and the local environment, association life, business issues, population structure, the situation on the labor market and educational opportunities. Önnevik also told what has happened from the start of the pandemic, with several success factors, to the increased spread of infection after Easter and how it was handled at school.
- The Crown Princess couple were interested and asked many questions. Together we highlighted Bromölla's assets and challenges in a good way, says Jenny Önnevik.
Victoria och Daniel hälsade på - Bromölla Kommun

The second meeting yesterday Victoria and Daniel had with Julia Färjhage, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Lilla Edet Municipality.
- It was a very nice and cordial conversation. The Crown Princess couple was genuinely interested in how our residents and employees were affected by the pandemic. It's a very nice initiative that they visit the municipalities with digital meetings and talk about the effects of the pandemic. I welcomed the Crown Princess couple to take part in the new basic exhibition at Lödöse museum which will be inaugurated shortly and to walk the pilgrimage route along the Göta River.
They talked about how the staff in elderly care have been affected by the tough working conditions. Julia told about Lilla Edet's beautiful nature and the positive population development, she told also about the challenges with the social survey and how they work to improve public health. Lilla Edet is a pilot municipality in Victoria and Daniel's Generation Pep. Victoria and Daniel knew well that Lilla Edet is a pilot municipality and were very interested in their work. Victoria and Daniel also asked why Julia chose to get involved politically.
Ttela
Kronprinsessparet i digitalt möte med kommunstyrelsens ordförande - Lilla Edets kommun

Today
Victoria and Daniel had a meeting with the Chair of the Executive Committee Matilda Wärenfalk and Municipal Chief Executive Ann Willsund fröm Mörbylånga Municipality on Öland.
They talked about people moving to Mörbylånga, quality of life and proximity to the sea are some of the reasons for the move. Beach protection, Agenda 2030 and the importance of relating to environmental goals and climate issues were discussed too. The water situation has been a major issue in Mörbylånga in recent years, they talked about it and the new waterworks that Victoria inaugurated almost two years ago.
Victoria and Daniel were curious about the innovations during the pandemic, such as wifi sniffers at bathing sites, telephone kiosk on Äppelvägen and how the municipality works to reduce digital exclusion.
- It was a conversation with a lot of commitment. The Crown Princess couple told that they long for Öland and our beautiful municipality, says Matilda Wärenfalk.
Mörbylånga kommun fick digitalt besök av Kronprinsessparet - Mörbylånga kommun

The second meeting today Victoria and Daniel with the Chair of the Executive Committee Stihna Johansson Evertsson and Municipal Chief Executive Anders Johansson from Högsby Municipality.
They discussed about how business and the labor market were affected by the pandemic. They also talked about the positive things that are happening, the new family center has been built and about hundred special homes have been newly produced. For youth sports, a new artificial turf and paddle court have been built.
- It was a very nice conversation and the Crown Princess couple seemed genuinely interested in our municipality, says Stihna Johansson Evertsson.
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=56da27934688ac166e79a1f99100500e&oe=60C95D5A
Kronprinsessparet på digitalt besök i Högsby _ Nyheter - Högsby kommun

The third meeting Victoria and Daniel had with Johan Svahnberg, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Höör Municipality.
Svahnberg told about the low spread of infection in Höör and that until the vaccination they didn't have a single infected person in the special housing for the elderly. Victoria and Daniel congratulated on a good result.
Other issues at the conversation were the large influx to Höör, the development of society and the large future investments in municipal services. Victoria and Daniel wanted to know more about the health of children and young people, about integration and about municipality's attitude to the plans for high-speed trains.
- It was noticed that the Crown Princess couple were well-informed about Höör before the meeting. They knew a lot about the municipality and mentioned several of our major issues that we are working on right now, says Svahnberg.
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=3915965e5997d2d651ceeccaa0db24b1&oe=60CD5241
Kronprinsessparet besökte Höör — Höörs kommun

The fourth meeting Victoria and Daniel had with Patrik Nilsson, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Robertsfors Municipality.
"Very nice conversation with the Crown Princess and the Prince. I got to tell you about all the exciting things that are happening in the municipality and all the opportunities we face. They were also very interested in how we handled the pandemic."
https://fi-fi.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1443602685979193&set=a.325826987756774&type=3&theater

Last edited:
The fifth meeting yesterday Victoria and Daniel had with Philip Sandberg, the Chief of the Executive Committee of Lund Municipality.
He writes at his Facebook:
"We talked about how Lund was affected by the pandemic and how we residents handled it together. I told very proudly that so many Lund residents helped and supported each other during this difficult time with everything from going shopping for each other or making an extra call to hear how someone else is feeling. Not to mention everyone who has worked hard in healthcare and care. The Crown Princess couple asked many other curious questions and we had a very good conversation. Really appreciated that they get in touch to inquire about this very special year we have behind us."
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=5fcff78bc74188e209e56768fbd83188&oe=60CD88C6

Last edited:

Victoria and Daniel had a meeting with Linda Allansson Wester, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Svedala Municipality.
Allansson Wester told that at the beginning of the pandemic they made an inventory and compiled a list of municipal employees' different skills in addition to the one they are employed for. Who is willing to change jobs if the need arises? And the response was great. Victoria and Daniel were very interested in this. They talked about the increased cooperation across borders in society. Victoria and Daniel appreciated the work Svedala has done with young people's well-being through a recurring survey to catch those who lack meaningful leisure time. Victoria and Daniel were well-read and curious about Svedala's development and asked about growth, housing and communications. Allansson Wester told also about agriculture, the beech forest and the nature.
- It was a very nice and relaxed conversation, the 25 minutes went fast. I appreciate that I got to focus on our municipality and the investments and challenges we face, says Linda Allansson Wester.
Kronprinsessparet på digitalt besök i Svedala - Svedala kommun
Skånska Dagbladet _ Kronprinsparet på besök i Svedala

The second meeting Victoria and Daniel had with Liselotte Grahn Elg, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Håbo Municipality.
At the pleasant and informal conversation they discussed about the development and community building of Håbo, environmental work, active associations and business, integration and improving cooperation between the municipality and the state.
Grahn Elg told about their work due to the corona pandemic, the staffing challenge has been a big issue and the employees have done a fantastic job. They talked also about digitization, which has had a greater impact on daily work.
- This was a much appreciated meeting with the Crown Princess couple with many interesting questions and discussions. I want to thank the Crown Princess couple for a very nice meeting and I welcome you back to Håbo municipality, says Liselotte Grahn Elg.
Digitalt möte med Kronprinsessparet och kommunstyrelsens ordförande Liselotte Grahn Elg - Håbo

The third meeting with the municipalities on Friday 21st May Victoria and Daniel had with municipal councilor Malin Svanholm from Kramfors Municipality.
Paywall article at Allehanda newspaper
"Kramfors municipal councilor Malin Svanholm was called by the Crown Princess and the Prince: "It started chaotically""
https://bildix.mmcloud.se/bildix/ap...a-417e-b9bf-84a0c6f35c5b.jpeg?fit=crop&w=1200
Kramfors kommunalråd Malin Svanholm blev uppringd av kronprinsessan och prinsen_ _Det började kaotiskt

The fourth meeting on Friday 21st May Victoria and Daniel had with Gunnar Andersson, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Herrljunga Municipality.
Andersson tells that they talked about the pandemic and how the situation is now. They talked about Herrljunga's challenges, for example an increased influx to meet a somewhat aging population. Andersson offered a tour of plots in Horsby or possibly Säm, which Victoria, the Duchess of Västergötland, received with appreciation and a little laugh. They talked also about the importance of the expansion of the Western Main railroad and a faster contact to Gothenburg, but also to the north and the general importance of the railway.
Victoria and Daniel impressed with their knowledge of Herrljunga, they were well-educated and knew the large companies.
- It was a very nice and easy conversation that went quickly. The Crown Princess couple knew Herrljunga Cider well and also Gäsene Mejeri and Hembygdsparken, which the Crown Princess had visited. We also talked a briefly about environmental issues.
Herrljungas kommunalråd i digitalt möte med kronprinsessan Victoria och prins Daniel - Herrljunga kommun

The third meeting on Tuesday 18th May Victoria and Daniel had with Anita Mattsson, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Tyresö Municipality. The Municipality updated the article about the meeting today at its website.
- It was a nice meeting where we talked about how Tyresö is developing and I told about Tyresö municipality's investments in, among other things, new school premises, leisure bank and environment and climate, says Anita Mattson.
Kronprinsessparet besökte Tyresö - Tyresö kommun

Last edited:
Digital meetings with the municipalities continued yesterday, on 24th May, at least two meetings.

Victoria and Daniel met the Chair of the Executive Committee and Municipal Chief Executive of Tranemo Municipality.
- It was a good conversation where both Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel were genuinely interested in how we are doing here in Tranemo, how the pandemic's influence has made us change, but also how the municipality is doing and what are important issues right now.
They talked about Tranemo's growth target of 14,000 inhabitants by 2035 and what demands it gives. Victoria and Daniel were interested in housing construction, housing rotation and how future teleworking can benefit rural residents. They were also told about newly started non-profit association "Tillväxt Tranemo", Victoria and Daniel interpreted the collaboration as that the local business community really believes in the place. They talked also about integration, the core activities such as school and care, but also the importance and value of having good employees and managers.
Kungligt besök i Tranemo — Tranemo Kommun

The second meeting Victoria and Daniel had with Anna-Carin Magnusson, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Nässjö Municipality.
Magnusson told about the municipality's investments in summer jobs and holiday internships before the summer, and the good cooperation with the business community and the associations.
Digitalt besök av kronprinsessparet - Nässjö kommun

The third meeting Victoria and Daniel had with the Chair of the Executive Committee Deshira Flankör and Margita Åberg-Palosvirta from Värmdö Municipality.
Flankör tells that because the purpose of the meeting was to hear how the municipality has coped with the pandemic, she chose as company one of Gustavsberg's driving spirits, Margita Åberg-Palosvirta. Those who have been worst affected by the pandemic are the elderly and who can represent the municipality's elderly better than Margita who is so active in so many different contexts. Flankör tells that it was an incredibly nice meeting. One can not stress enough how nice Victoria and Daniel both are and their fantastic humility is something she especially admires. They were interested, inquisitive and had traveled on Värmdö.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10165452046655051&set=a.108508610050&type=3

Found a photo from 9th March of the meeting Victoria and Daniel had with Lars Johnsson, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Hässleholm Municipality. It was the fourth meeting on that day.
They talked about the pandemic and Johnsson told that they are building a new Silvia school.

The third meeting Victoria and Daniel had with the Chair of the Executive Committee Deshira Flankör and Margita Åberg-Palosvirta from Värmdö Municipality.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10165452046655051&set=a.108508610050&type=3[/url]

Deshira Flankör and Margita Åberg-Palosvirta from Värmdö tell at a video at the municipality's website of their meeting with Victoria and Daniel on Monday.
Deshira Flankör invited one of Värmdö's driving spirits Margita Åberg-Palosvirta, who is among other things involved in the association Guldkanten so that Victoria and Daniel could hear directly from one of Värmdö's elders how the pandemic has affected them. Flankör told about the municipality and its activities both before and during the pandemic as well as their challenges and strengths. Åberg-Palosvirta told about Guldkanten's work and volunteers and their activities, she told about the new talking benches to counteract loneliness among the elderly. Flankör says at the video that it was great to hear that Victoria and Daniel had visited their islands and been on Stavsnäs, Artipelag and Siggesta. It was an extremely rewarding meeting and they want to thank Victoria and Daniel for their interest in Värmdö.
Kungligt digitalt besök i Värmdö kommun - Värmdö kommun

Digital meetings with the municipalities continued yesterday, on 26th May.

Victoria and Daniel met municipal councilor Rolf Eriksson from Tibro Municipality.
Eriksson tells that the conversation was mostly about the pandemic, the business community and their sports profiles.
- It is a nice initiative they have taken. 20 minutes of conversation does not sound like much, but I think we had time for a lot and we had a nice, simple conversation.
Victoria and Daniel remember their last visit to Tibro in 2010 when they met, among others, the Helgesson sisters (figure skaters). Eriksson was impressed by their knowledge of Tibro's sports profiles.
Eriksson tells about the meeting at a video and says: They are very committed, they really participated in the conversation. I experienced it very positively.
Kronprinsessparet gästade Tibro - digitalt - Tibro Kommun

The second meeting Victoria and Daniel had with Malin Forsbrand, the Chair of the Executive Committee of the City of Vaxholm.
As children's and young people's health engages Victoria and Daniel, they talked about Vaxholm as a safe municipality, children's movement, mental and physical health. Victoria and Daniel showed their interest in nature by asking about how Bogesundslandet's natural areas have been affected by that people now visit the area to an even greater degree, and whether it requires more extensive maintenance. Victoria and Daniel appreciate and visit Vaxholm regularly and they thought that Resarö school's initiative during the pandemic with outdoor lessons was good, as well as the food deliveries to the elderly.
Forsband tells that it was a consistently interested conversation and she thanked for a nice and appreciated initiative.
Kronprinsessparet i Vaxholm - Vaxholms stad

The third meeting yesterday 26th May Victoria and Daniel had with Mikael Peterson, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Kungsör Municipality.
Victoria and Daniel were well-read and asked curious questions about Kungsör. They talked about the pandemic and Peterson said that they are grateful to all employees who have made a phenomenal contribution during the pandemic.
Victoria and Daniel asked about the future prospects and Kungsör's development. They talked also about how Kungsör as a growing municipality work in a structured and close manner to the business community and the hospitality industry. They talked about the importance of education, jobs, housing, care and sports in order to offer citizens in Kungsör quality of life.
- Their commitment to all municipalities is fantastic and it was very nice to have the opportunity to talk about Kungsör and our development, says Mikael Peterson.
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=c4c4b2b4ecedd4aad9d9bf118ea8b6a3&oe=60D6A9C2
Kronprinsessparet på digitalt besök i Kungsör - Kungsörs kommun

Digital meetings with the municipalities continued today, at least three meetings.

Victoria and Daniel met municipal councilor Susanne Andersson from Götene Municipality.
The general media image of how municipalities have handled covid-19 has not been fair to Götene. As a rural municipality, they have managed relatively well, even though much has had to be canceled and rescheduled. The staff has done a fantastic job of adapting and changing working methods, Andersson said.
Götene has had a lot of pressure on its hiking and biking trails and more motorhome visitors to their nature areas. Fun activity Guldjakten has been created in 2020 and 2021 to encourage residents to go out into nature and discover their homeland.
Both villas and rental apartments are being built and housing company Götenebostäder and housing company Götenehus have their hands full. Victoria and Daniel talked also about the future and especially the challenges Götene faces in welfare, how they will be able to digitize more of their working methods to be able to meet the staff shortage.
Digitalt besök av kron_prinsess_paret - Götene kommun

The second meeting Victoria and Daniel had with municipal councilor Karin Jonsson from Krokom Municipality.
It was a rewarding and entirely pleasant conversation. They talked about how they kept the infection away from all the municipality's housing, that business and the labor market did somewhat better in Krokom than in many other municipalities. Krokom is investing in promoting health for young and old, among other things by participating in Generation Pep, which Victoria and Daniel founded. There is a growing interest in moving to Krokom and that issues related to business, health, climate and environment, roads and tourism are becoming increasingly important. Victoria and Daniel showed great interest and asked many questions.

The third meeting Victoria and Daniel had with Johan Bolinder, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Skurup Municipality.
Victoria and Daniel were very well informed about Skurup's beautiful location and good conditions for continued growth. They asked how Skurup experienced the pandemic and how it sees the future. They talked about the importance of a well-functioning association life after the pandemic and the positive effects this has on public health, especially for children and young people. The pandemic has caused challenges for the business community in general and the hospitality industry in particular. Victoria and Daniel were interested in Skurup's long-term financial and detailed planning conditions.
- The new technology means that the Crown Princess couple could now visit many municipalities in a fairly short time, instead of carrying out the trips that have been canceled as a result of covid. We are grateful that they took the time to create a picture of how the situation is around Sweden and not least in Skurup municipality. We in Skurup look forward to celebrating National Day on site at Svaneholm Castle next year and they are warmly welcome to visit us physically on occasion.
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=258278195919703&set=a.215408143540042

Johan Bolinder from Skurup said to Skånska Dagbladet newspaper that Victoria and Daniel were well-read and asked interesting and relevant questions about, among other things, the wind power situation and Svaneholm's castle. Of course, he thinks it's fun that they had taken the time to read about Skurup. Bolinder believes that the meeting may help to put Skurup on the map, it gave him the opportunity to speak about issues that are important to Skurup. Issues where decisions are made at national level. For example, the Swedish Transport Administration's role linked to infrastructure issues, road networks and public transport and the County Administrative Board's impact on detailed plans. The meeting with Victoria and Daniel can therefore be seen as an opening where issues that are important to Skurup may be discussed in other contexts.
Skånska Dagbladet _ Johan Bolinder (M) i digitalt möte med kronprinsessparet

Last edited:
Victoria and Daniel made a private visit to an art exhibition at Hospitalet in Nacka on Wednesday 26th May.

Yesterday we were honored to have prominent visit from @kungahuset. H.R.H Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and H.R.H Prince Daniel came for a private tour of #StockholmSessions the exhibition curated by @carl.kostyal and in collaboration with @gullringsbokonstsamling at @hospitalet_Stockholm. Happy to see their interest in art and nice to listen to the work with their own foundation @preks_kulturstiftelse For opening hours and directions to @hospitalet_stockholm please visit
https://gramho.com/media/2583053843635229528
https://gramho.com/media/2583053805040241196

We were honoured to have had some very special visitors at Hospitalet yesterday, HRH Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and HRH Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergötland, for a private tour of #StockholmSessions @hospitalet_stockholm
https://www.instagram.com/p/CPYJi7RNfb8/

About the exhibition
We are delighted to announce the launch of Carl Kostyál’s new permanent space Hospitalet, in collaboration with Gullringsbo Konstsamling at the former Danvikens Hospital, Danviken, Stockholm.
The inaugural exhibition is a comprehensive survey of contemporary painting entitled Stockholm Sessions. Taking its title from the famous Stockholm Jazz Sessions of the 1960s, the exhibition features over fifty artists and it will be open from 7th to 30th May 2021.
Hospitalet is located in the central atrium of what was once the infamous mental asylum known as Danvikens Hospital. Designed by the architect Göran Josuæ Adelcrantz and completed in 1725, it housed not only those considered mentally unstable but also many whose political views were considered inconvenient. Often referenced in 18th century literature, most notably in Fältskärns berättelser by Zacharias Topelius in the 1780s, danviken was used in common parlance as a synonym for the mad house.
Stockholm Sessions – Carl Kostyál

The fourth meeting with the municipalities yesterday 27th May Victoria and Daniel had with the Chair of the Executive Committee Jessica Rodén and vice chairman of the Business Council Hans Nilsson from Mark Municipality.
Besides the affects of the pandemic, they talked about students not having the same conditions as before with teaching due to, for example, home studies. More needs to be invested in getting the school results up to meet the existing needs. They also talked about the importance of getting children and young people back to sports after the pandemic.
Victoria asked how the social development was viewed, what it looks like with housing and opportunities to commute to Gothenburg and Borås. Nilsson emphasized the cooperation between the municipality and the business community and that the Business Council is a good forum where these meet.
Rodén told about trying to find opportunities now when people should spend their holidays in Sweden and that they are investing in the hospitality industry. Victoria and Daniel were curious about what Mark has to offer from a hospitality industry perspective and told that they felt attracted to visiting the beautiful municipality.
Victoria and Daniel were curious, well-read and interested. They also congratulated Mark's municipality on its 50th anniversary.
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=79b8827e1680af80de6652fa3d9cbf5a&oe=60D6D943
Kronprinsessparet ringde digitalt – för att kolla läget i Mark - Marks kommun

The fifth meeting with the municipalities on 27th May Victoria and Daniel had with Parisa Liljestrand, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Vallentuna Municipality. The municipality updated the information about the meeting at its website today.
They talked about the situation in Vallentuna as a whole, how the pandemic affected the municipality and its business climate. Liljestrand told that it has been a tough year, but despite the pandemic, they have been able to see several improvements within the municipality that they are very proud of. Vallentuna was nominated for "Quality Municipality of the Year" and they have done clear improvements in the business climate.
This is not the first royal visit to Vallentuna. In September 2019, Daniel visited Vallentuna to learn more about the municipality's work to combat exclusion and promote good health among children, young people and the elderly. They talked also now about the importance of good physical and mental health.
- It was a very nice conversation, and I hope that we can soon have a new opportunity to see - digitally or on site in Vallentuna, Parisa Liljestrand says.
Kronprinsessparet på digitalt besök i Vallentuna - Vallentuna kommun

Victoria and Daniel attend the opening of Sametinget's (The Sami Parliament) eighth term in Liksjuo/Lycksele on the 1st September.
- Of course it is fun and a great honor. The royal family has always participated in the Sami Parliament's openings, except one, says Sametinget's chairman Paulus Kuoljok.
Victoria has participated openings in Giron/Kiruna 2009 and in Staare/Östersund 2017. This year she comes together with Daniel.
- I hope she wears a kolt (The traditional Sami costume), says Paulus Kuoljok.
Do you expect Prince Daniel to wear a kolt too?
- No, it is not really the same and not as important. Most important is that the Crown Princess wears a kolt.
Kronprinsessan Victoria till Sametinget - Sameradion & SVT Sápmi _ Sveriges Radio

Digital meetings with the municipalities continued yesterday, 2nd June.

Victoria and Daniel had a meeting with John-Erik Jansson, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Söderhamn Municipality.
Jansson addressed Söderhamn's favorable geographical location with good opportunities for both outbound and inbound commuting. He told about the challenges the municipality sees for both business and associations.
They talked also about the positive challenge that Söderhamn and other similar municipalities have; namely, after many years focusing on growth and population growth and what that means in terms of the provision of an attractive housing supply, buildable land and plots and more.
- It was an easy conversation and I understood that the Crown Princess couple was familiar with many of the issues that are relevant to municipalities right now, says John-Erik Jansson.
Kommunstyrelsens ordförande i digitalt möte med Kronprinsessan Victoria och Prins Daniel - Söderhamns kommun

The second meeting Victoria and Daniel had with municipal councilor Torkild Strandberg from Landskrona Municipality.
He writes at his Instagram
They wanted to know how things are going for the city and how we can cope with the pandemic. I told about Landskrona's strong development and that with the help of a great commitment from employees, residents and companies, we managed the pandemic well. I also told that the forest linden tree that was planted on Viktoriagatan in connection with the Crown Princess couple's wedding in 2010 has developed very well.
https://gramho.com/media/2587312060767295560
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=77838b42491eb33c3f3c1c44fd5e9319&oe=60DFA68A

Last edited:
Events added to Victoria and Daniel's calendar
On 8th June they meet Shilan Caman, a researcher at The National Board of Forensic Medicine
On 14th June they meet National Police Commissioner Anders Thornberg

Found one more meeting with the municipalities.
On 26th February Victoria and Daniel had a meeting with Per-Martin Svensson, The Chair of the Executive Committee of Tomelilla Municipality. That was the fourth meeting on that day. I found the photos from the Municipality's Facebook.
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=f44a4ebd68b2eeff3fb92e52f7baf3c2&oe=60E0DC7A
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=241b40a80cd2869eb1a6469135c6531f&oe=60E1907C

Victoria and Daniel met today at Haga Palace Shilan Caman, a researcher at the National Board of Forensic Medicine.
Shilan Caman told about her research and the dissertation she wrote about lethal violence in close relationships, "Intimate partner homcide rates and characteristics". Her research focuses on better understanding the driving forces and motives of violent perpetrators.
Kronprinsessparet i möte med Shilan Caman - Sveriges Kungahus

Bigger photo at court Facebook
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=4c249b56a9264a968f45aef314c6beee&oe=60E67E12

Digital meetings with the municipalities continued also today.

Victoria and Daniel had in the morning a meeting with Katarina Hansson, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Kumla Municipality.
They talked about the pandemic and its challenges but also about the business community, the opportunity for holiday internships for young people and the municipality's growth.
Victoria and Daniel were well-read and curious about Kumla municipality. They knew Kvarntorpshögen, where Victoria visited in April 2018, but also some companies such as Intrx (formerly Butikskonsult) and the Kumla Prison. They talked about Kumla's growth and that it is an attractive municipality to both stay and live in. An issue that Daniel was interested in.
Hansson said that in Kumla you should not only live but also live your life and that interested Victoria and Daniel.
- It was a very nice and relaxed conversation and the set aside 20 minutes was probably closer to 25. I appreciate that they took time for this conversation and that I got the opportunity to focus on Kumla municipality, Katarina concludes.
Digitalt besök av Kronprinsessan Victoria och Prins Daniel - Kumla kommun

Last edited:
Digital meetings with the municipalities continued today, at least five meetings.

Victoria and Daniel had a meeting with Johan Andersson, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Mariestad Municipality.
The health of young people is close to the heart of Victoria and Daniel. The topic came up at the meeting today.
- They promised to come here if we find a solution to that challenge. The Crown Princess couple is well-read and asks good questions, I was impressed by their basic knowledge, Andersson said.
Efter mötet_ Så ska kronprinsparet lockas till Mariestad - Mariestads-Tidningen

The second meeting Victoria and Daniel had with Per Lawén, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Forshaga Municipality.
They talked about the corona pandemic and how it affected the municipality, but also about other current topics.
- I am happy about their visit and their interest in how the pandemic has affected our municipality. I told about the impact of the pandemic on our society, our children, the public, our business, our employees and the municipality in different ways. I emphasized the great efforts made by our staff, civil society, the region and the state - and how well it works when everyone is helped, Lawén says.
Lawén also talked about the municipality's work to strengthen local democracy, and about the initiative to appoint Forshaga as MR municipality (human rights).
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=f552cfcb98a95e16ac3bdb1f71a793b7&oe=60E7FED1
Kommunstyrelsens ordförande i samtal med kronprinsessparet - Forshaga

The third meeting Victoria and Daniel had with the Chair of the Executive Committee Anna Hed and municipal director Peter Karlsson from Mora Municipality.
Victoria and Daniel wanted to know what engages the public and businesses and what "people are talking about a lot now".
They talked about the pandemic, but Anna Hed and Peter Karlsson told also about the major projects in Mora: the new thoroughfare, which unfortunately is currently at a standstill due to a conflict between the Transport Administration and the contractor. Another large project is the new Stranden area, where a new modern 7-9 school is planned to be built.
Victoria and Daniel were particularly interested in the supply of skills and the recruitment of teachers, for example. Hed and Karlsson replied that it is a big challenge for the municipality and that both business, municipality and region are facing great recruitment needs, but that more housing must then also be built.
Victoria and Daniel regretted that the 500th anniversary of Gustav Wasa in Mora and the founding of the lifeguard in Mora, which became the basis for the Swedish army, could not have been celebrated more publicly due to the pandemic.
Kronprinsessparet i digitalt möte med Mora kommun om det aktuella läget - Mora kommun

The fourth meeting Victoria and Daniel had with municipal councilor Jonas Sundström from Lidköping Municipality.
They talked about the pandemic's impact on the activities such as health and care, meeting places for the elderly, school but also about the need for development for the future, and the consequences for the business community and about the impact of the hospitality industry on hotels and restaurants, which have had tough challenges over the past year. They also talked about positive aspects such as Lidköping's growth, that housing construction is increasing and that many move to Lidköping municipality every year.
- It was a nice conversation. I took the opportunity to welcome the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel to Lidköping, above all to Läckö Castle but of course also to Victoria House, Jonas concludes.
Lidköpings kommun fick digitalt besök av Kronprinsessparet _ Lidköpings kommun

The fifth meeting Victoria and Daniel had with Ronny Sandberg, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Åstorp Municipality.
They talked about the impact of the restrictions on the residents, about a ban on visiting the nursing homes and young people's reduced opportunities for association activities. Sandberg informed about the business establishments that are underway, the cooperation within the Familjen Helsingborg and about the housing situation.
Victoria asked Ronny Sandberg about the situation for the young people in Åstorp municipality. Sandberg told about the active association life which makes great contributions in the municipality. He told also about the municipality's investment in a new event hall and sports hall and invited the Crown Princess couple to the inauguration, he says and concludes.
- It was a nice and easy conversation where both Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel asked questions and seemed very well read about Åstorp and our region.
Åstorps kommun fick digitalt besök av Kronprinsessparet - Åstorp

On 2nd June Victoria and Daniel had a meeting also with Peter Jonsson, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Torsby Municipality. It was the third meeting on that day.
Victoria and Daniel wanted to know how things are going for the municipality and companies and how Torsby has been affected by the pandemic. Jonsson told about how well the industry is doing with several companies expanding at the same time as the tourism and housing industry has been hit hard by missed bookings.
They also talked about the Ski Tunnel, Branäs, River cruises on the Klarälven and Torsby's beautiful nature.

Last edited:
The sixth meeting with the municipalities on Wednesday 9th June Victoria and Daniel had with Magnus Jonsson, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Ockelbo Municipality.
Jonsson told how the pandemic has affected Ockelbo. He thanked all the staff who have done an enormous job and told what the situation looks like today. Jonsson told also about the municipality's finances are and what future plans Ockelbo has with new construction of apartments and housing. Victoria and Daniel were also very interested in how the local business community is doing today, as well as the culture and association life that is close to their hearts. Jonsson says that it was a very good conversation and you can see that Victoria and Daniel are extremely interested in knowing how people in municipal Sweden feel.
Victoria and Daniel told also that they miss visiting Ockelbo.
- They long for home to Ockelbo, which they haven't been able to visit due to the pandemic. They greeted all Ockelbo residents from Haga Palace, Magnus Jonsson says.
Ockelbo fick digitalt besök av Kronprinsessparet— Ockelbo kommun

Today Victoria and Daniel met National Police Commissioner Anders Thornberg at the Royal Palace. Waiting for a photo of the meeting.

Digital meetings with the municipalities continued today, at least four meetings.

Victoria and Daniel had a meeting with Roland Karlsson, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Ulricehamn Municipality.
Victoria and Daniel asked about business, the municipality's expansion and future construction and were pleased that they have relatively low unemployment and that many residents have shown solidarity and acted locally to a large extent during the pandemic.
Karlsson told about the municipality's location between many larger cities, increased house prices and a great opportunity to commute. Of course, the World Cup and Lassalyckan were also mentioned with all its activity opportunities. Daniel ensured that it was possible to play padel and Victoria was impressed that one of the ponds was home for wakeboarding.
One of the municipality's challenges is to find trained workforce and be competitive both now and in the future. Victoria and Daniel hoped that the digital development would increase the opportunities and were curious about how the municipality approaches teleworking for those who have the opportunity to do so.
Digitalt besök av kronprinsessparet — Ulricehamns kommun

The second meeting Victoria and Daniel had with The Chair of the Executive Board Eva Nypelius and regional director Peter Lindvall from Region Gotland.
They talked about the pandemic and how it has affected Gotland. Victoria and Daniel have visited Gotland on several occasions both officially and unofficially before, they were well-read and asked curious questions about Gotland. They talked about Gotland's development, the positive population development, housing construction and the importance of good communications with both ferry and flight. Nypelius and Lindwall also highlighted the good cooperation that exists around how they work preventively to prevent congestion and infection. Victoria and Daniel especially highlighted the covid knights as a good and pleasant example.
- Their commitment to regions and municipalities is impressive and it felt good to have the opportunity to talk about Gotland and our development, says Lindvall.
Victoria and Daniel told how nice it was to come to Gotland to find out more about Region Gotland, even though the meeting was digital.
Kronprinsessparet på digitalt besök hos regionledningen - Region Gotland

The third meeting Victoria and Daniel had with Åsa Hååkman Felth, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Filipstad Municipality.
Hååkman Felth told about their work with Corona, among other things, how they, with the help of the social and health communicators, provided language support in Arabic, Somali, Tigrinya and Persian / Dari. They also recorded films in the different languages.
She told also about places to visit in Filipstad: Nordmark, Nykroppa and Långban's mines, Lesjöfors with Trollstigen and the museum.
They talked about the municipality's rich association life in sports and culture with the world champions in floorball Johanna Hultgren and Johannes Larsson and tennis world champion Magnus Norman and cultural figures Nils Ferlin and Karin Fryxell.
Hååkman Felth told about the investments in school, sports hall and swimming pool, where they also get new nice premises for special school and training school.
Victoria and Daniel were interested throughout the conversation and had several questions and thoughts.
Kronprinsessparet hälsar till alla anställda och kommuninvånarna - Filipstads kommun

The fourth meeting Victoria and Daniel had with Tom Rymoen, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Nora Municipality.
Victoria and Daniel wanted to know how Nora municipality has handled the pandemic and how the situation is right now. Rymoen informed them about the positive effects that the pandemic has had on Nora with an increased number of visitors and more trade despite the pandemic.
Rymoen presented Nora and what is happening in the municipality right now and what the future looks like.
Victoria was interested in how culture has fared in Nora during the pandemic and Rymoen informed that culture and association life have contributed greatly with opportunities for residents to continue to be able to take part in this despite the pandemic.
- It was a nice meeting with the Crown Princess couple and they are very easy to talk to, says, Tom Rymoen says.
Digitalt möte med kronprinsessparet _ Nora kommun

I have now found information about 201 meetings Victoria and Daniel have had with the municipalities since they started in January 2021.

The fifth municipality meeting (..)15th June Victoria and Daniel had with municipal councilor Jonny Jones from Rättvik Municipality.
The pleasant meeting lasted about 20 minutes.
- We talked about the positive development in Rättvik and about the image of Rättvik, which I understood that they knew quite well. We talked about everything from Dalhalla to village schools and I got questions about the business life in the municipality, says Jonny Jones.
Jones also informed about the municipality's work during the pandemic and how it has affected the municipality and its inhabitants.
Kronprinsessparet i möte med Rättviks kommun om pandemins effekter - Rättviks kommun

Victoria and Daniel met the municipal council - talked about the effects of the pandemic: "A very interesting meeting"
Victoria och Daniel träffade kommunalrådet – talade om pandemins effekter_ ”Ett jätteintressant möte”

The sixth meeting (..) 15th June Victoria and Daniel had with municipal councilor Malin Hagström from Grums Municipality.
- Both Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel were well-read and curious to hear more about how it is in Grums after more than a year with covid-19. They asked a lot of questions and it was a very nice conversation, says Malin Hagström.
Topics that Victoria and Daniel raised and wanted to know more about included the municipal activities and business life.
Kronprinsessparet i digitalt möte med Grums kommuns kommunalråd - grums.se

Digital meetings with the municipalities continued on last Friday.

On Friday 18th June Victoria and Daniel had a meeting with Ingemar Samuelsson, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Uddevalla Municipality.
They talked about the demographic development and the positive population growth in Uddevalla, infrastructure in Bohuslän and the Oslo-Gothenburg railway, the business structure and continued growth, and the existence of highly specialized companies. Victoria and Daniel also learned that one of the challenges the municipality will face in the next few years is the supply of skills.
Victoria and Daniel were also interested in how the companies in Uddevalla coped with the pandemic and what unemployment looks like, as well as how to utilize the skills of new arrivals. Daniel also asked if the motocross competitions are still run in Uddevalla, as he himself has competed in Uddevalla during his youth.
- It was an important and good conversation. It is always nice that the royal family as a central player draws attention to Uddevalla, says Ingemar Samuelsson.
Kronprinsessparet informerade sig om situationen i Uddevalla - Uddevalla kommun

The City of Gothenburg updated today to its website meeting Victoria and Daniel had with Axel Josefson, the Chair of the Executive Committee of the City of Gothenburg on Tuesday 15th June. It was the seventh meeting with municipalities for Victoria and Daniel on that day.

"They showed a genuine interest in Gothenburg," says Axel Josefson. He thinks Victoria and Daniel's meetings with municipalities is a good initiative and appreciates that they show such great interest.
Victoria and Daniel proved to be well acquainted with the situation in Gothenburg and were very interested in the city's development and growth and various urban development projects. They asked questions about the infrastructure. They talked about the port of Gothenburg and the development there, which is linked to the climate challenge. Of course they talked about the covid-19 pandemic and how Gothenburg had handled it.
Victoria and Daniel said it was sad that they couldn't attend the celebration of Gothenburg's 400th anniversary due to the pandemic and were looking forward to coming to Gothenburg in 2023 when Gothenburg properly celebrates the 400 years.
Kommunstyrelsens ordförande i digitalt möte med kronprinsessparet » Vårt Göteborg

Last edited:
Victoria and Daniel have obviously had in June also a meeting with Ola Wigg, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Nordanstig Municipality. At the minutes of the Executive Committee's meeting on 8th June: "A meeting with the Crown Princess couple is also booked in June."
https://nordanstig.se/download/18.5...3847907108/Protokoll KS 210608 §§ 123-155.pdf

Margareta Thorgren spoke today to the media about the royal family's county visits and said also "the Crown Princess couple has had digital meetings with all municipalities in the country."
I guess she meant that all meetings are fixed, since there is still a meeting with Tidaholm Municipality on 17th September to come, the municipality tells about that at the minutes of the Executive Committee.
https://www.tidaholm.se/download/18.../1623758335284/Kommunstyrelsen 2021-06-09.pdf

Last edited:
After the court published the county visits, the County Administrative Board of Västerbotten sent a press release:

The Crown Princess couple will visit Västerbotten in September
The Crown Princess couple will visit Lycksele on 1 September and Umeå and Skellefteå on 2 September.
The Crown Princess couple attends the opening of the Sami Parliament for the term of office 2021–2025 in Lycksele on 1 September.
The royal county visits are resumed. The visits to Umeå and Skellefteå on 2 September are a way for the Royal Family to show participation with the affected and pay attention to local initiatives in various sectors of society.
The program in Umeå includes a visit to the City Mission, meetings with representatives of infection control at the Västerbotten Region and upper secondary school students at Maja Beskowskolan, as well as dialogue with restaurateurs. In Skellefteå, the pandemic's impact on cultural practitioners and companies is in focus. During the afternoon in Skellefteå, the Crown Princess Couple visits Kulturhuset Sara and Northvolt.
Kronprinsessparet besöker Västerbotten i september _ Länsstyrelsen Västerbotten

Last edited:
On Wednesday, September 1, in the presence of TRH The Crown Princess and Prince Daniel, the Sami Parliament's eighth term will be inaugurated.
The program is not yet completely finished, but we expect that all members and guests will be in place at 08:45. At 9 o'clock, the newly elected chairman meets the Crown Princess couple and Västerbotten's governor Helene Hellmark Knutsson outside Hotell Lappland. (..)
Högtidlig invigning av ny mandatperiod - Sametinget

Press release from the County Administrative Board of Västra Götaland County:

On Wednesday 25 August, the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel will come to Västra Götaland County to pay attention to local efforts in the care of the pandemic.
The last time the Duchess and the Duke of Västergötland visited the county together was in connection with Alingsås' 400th anniversary in September 2019. Then came the pandemic and planned county visits had to be postponed to the future.
Program for the day:
In the morning, a meeting with representatives of Skaraborg Hospital about the current spread of infection and the pandemic work.
Conversations with students and educators at Gymnasiesärskolan Kavelbrogymnasiet.
Lunch and information about Ätbart, which distributes food bags to the needy through the Pentecostal Church.
The Gothenburg Opera informs about how the county's cultural life has been affected by the pandemic.
In the afternoon, visit the Assar Industrial Innovation Arena, part of Skövde Science Park.
Kronprinsessparet besöker Skövde _ Länsstyrelsen Västra Götaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom