Old 12-17-2019, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Golly gosh they even gave her a tiara for the photo shoot

Old 12-17-2019, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Felipe's girlfriend Mar Torres has given an interview to Spanish Vanity Fair and has talked about her relationship with Felipe - "Our relationship will never end":

** revistavanityfair: EXCLUSIVA· Mar Torres, novia de Froilán: "Es mi bastón y yo el suyo. Nuestra relación no se va a acabar nunca" ** translation **
Not impressed by her first interview. It seems that the two of them really enjoy spending time with each other which is wonderful, however, in general her life seems rather superficial (unfortunately rather consistent with the image we seem from many rich young people who focus on fashion and beauty and not much else); her outcry that she's only 21 so hasn't done 'much' yet, while at the same time revealing that she had her nose 'done' (by the same plastic surgent as queen Letizia), had her lips filled and has an appointment that same day to 'suck' some of the 'fat' from her cheeks, sounds as if this is just the beginning of many more to come... And apparently, she decided to become an 'influencer', personally I don't think that goes well with dating the king's nephew but I don't think Felipe (the king; not the nephew) has much of a say in to.

Old 12-17-2019, 06:00 PM
Majesty

But this is the interview of Mar Flores, not Victoria Federica; just mention at the end that they already know each other, but nothing more.
Old 12-17-2019, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I agree with this. It seems as if Victoria is in a bubble of the world of glamorous high society and is rather ignorant to everything else. She came across as quite arrogant to me, which is a shame because I used to like her the most out of Elena's children.
Maybe you misunderstood who was interviewed? It was Felipe's girlfriend, Mar Torres-not his sister Victoria.
Old 12-17-2019, 06:29 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Maybe you misunderstood who was interviewed? It was Felipe's girlfriend, Mar Torres-not his sister Victoria.

My mistake. I thought that Victoria looked different in the photos!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-15-2020, 02:59 PM
Administrator

Victoria and her boyfriend Jorge Barcenas were photographed in the ski resort of Baqueria Beret on December 27:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **
Old 01-15-2020, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

At least one member of the King's family paid a visit to Baqueria Beret once a popular spot for the SRF in past years.
Old 01-15-2020, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Not impressed by her first interview. It seems that the two of them really enjoy spending time with each other which is wonderful, however, in general her life seems rather superficial (unfortunately rather consistent with the image we seem from many rich young people who focus on fashion and beauty and not much else); her outcry that she's only 21 so hasn't done 'much' yet, while at the same time revealing that she had her nose 'done' (by the same plastic surgent as queen Letizia), had her lips filled and has an appointment that same day to 'suck' some of the 'fat' from her cheeks, sounds as if this is just the beginning of many more to come... And apparently, she decided to become an 'influencer', personally I don't think that goes well with dating the king's nephew but I don't think Felipe (the king; not the nephew) has much of a say in to.

Froilán is the King's nephew and still 4th in line, but he is not an HRH or a member of the (official) Royal Family, and he doesn't have any public role in Spain nor will probably ever have. So, whoever he dates, it is his own private business only. The media will cover it because they are local celebrities/socialites in Spain and that is pretty much it.
Old 01-15-2020, 05:52 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It seems that Victoria and Jorge are happy with each other and they look like a good couple together too. I wish them well!

Old 01-18-2020, 03:03 PM
Administrator

Victoria and friends attended the "We love flamenco" event in Seville yesterday, January 17:

** Pic ** gallery ** hola article **
Old 01-18-2020, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Her great grandmother the late,Princess María de las Mercedes de Borbón-Dos Sicilias y Orléans, Countess of Barcelona had a great love for the city of Seville ,her family having lived there for many years.Her father the Infante Carlos of Spain is buried at the Iglesia del Salvador in Seville.
Old 01-18-2020, 06:12 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I don't blame her - Seville is a beautiful city indeed and one of my favourites in Europe!

Old 01-21-2020, 10:15 AM
Administrator

Victoria and her boyfriend Jorge Barcenas were pictured in Seville:

** hola: EXCLUSIVA: Victoria Federica se reencuentra con Jorge Bárcenas tras su escapada a Sevilla **
Old 01-21-2020, 04:37 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It seems that Victoria and Jorge are garnering a lot of interest in Hola, what's the reception like amongst regular Spanish people? Do they have an interest in Infanta Elena and her children?

Old 01-21-2020, 05:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
It seems that Victoria and Jorge are garnering a lot of interest in Hola, what's the reception like amongst regular Spanish people? Do they have an interest in Infanta Elena and her children?
I think there is great interest in any member of the family of King Juan Carlos as they are kind of celebrities in Spain and in many Spanish-speaking countries of Latin America too.

The Spanish-speaking world doesn’t have anything like the British Commonwealth , but the King of Spain is the honorary president of the Organization of Ibero-American States, which is the closest equivalent they have to the Commonwealth. So the Spanish Royal Family has some international exposure too.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Doña Victoria Federica de Marichalar is 5th in line to the throne and the eldest niece of King Felipe VI,so there would be a level of interest in her ,ofcourse her love life helps keep the glossy magazines busy too!
Old 01-22-2020, 05:29 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I think there is great interest in any member of the family of King Juan Carlos as they are kind of celebrities in Spain and in many Spanish-speaking countries of Latin America too.

The Spanish-speaking world doesn’t have anything like the British Commonwealth , but the King of Spain is the honorary president of the Organization of Ibero-American States, which is the closest equivalent they have to the Commonwealth. So the Spanish Royal Family has some international exposure too.
Good point. I had forgotten about Latin America in the Spanish speaking world, so there'd be a lot more interest from the LATAM countries too. I think I remember reading that Sofia and Juan Carlos are quite popular in a lot of LATAM countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Doña Victoria Federica de Marichalar is 5th in line to the throne and the eldest niece of King Felipe VI,so there would be a level of interest in her ,ofcourse her love life helps keep the glossy magazines busy too!
If in doubt the boyfriends or girlfriends news always sells!

Old 02-03-2020, 04:34 AM
Administrator

Victoria and her boyfriend Jorge Barcenas spent a night with friends:

** hola: Victoria Federica y Jorge Bárcenas viven su amor entre amigos, buena música y sushi **
Old 02-05-2020, 06:13 AM
Administrator

Infanta Elena and Victoria were spotted shopping in Madrid on January 30:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 04-29-2020, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Mar Torres announces his break with Felipe de Marichalar
https://www.hola.com/actualidad/2020...pe-marichalar/

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencial...ciada_2571767/