Edinburgh Family Picture Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am the same Daria! I now watch the videos and think, "Oh look it's Maxima and Queen Sofia!" I am definitely becoming more educated in European Royal families since joining this forum. Beforehand I was quite ignorant and didn't realise so many countries had a Monarch.

The video still amuses me as the singers are so enthusiastic and the guests are thinking, "what the heckkkk?!"

I don't know if too many Royal weddings (especially those an an heir apparent) have those types of things going on. It definitely made me think 'what the heck?' as I was watching the clip.

One of the very few images of Lady Louise at her cousin Peter's wedding (more like her leaving the wedding with her parents).

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_vpbZl8a5aCs/SOa4WMAG_DI/AAAAAAAABDM/4G1HOEXnRuc/s400/05172008-sophie.jpg

From the small amount of images we saw of Lady Louise at her cousin's wedding, she looked adorable, as always. Her dress looked so cute.

I found some adorable images of Prince Edward and then Queen when he was a baby. Edward was such a beautiful baby, wow. He had such a cute face! It's such a bummer that we can't remove the watermarks.

Edward and Queen 1 and Edward and Queen 2

I just found a two pictures of Prince Edward and Countess of Wessex, taking part in the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme , October,4 2011
BTW Sophie looks elegant and wonderful :flowers:

pic1
pic2

Here I just found some old, but very nice photos of Earl and Countess of Wessex, from they visit to to Herm, Sark and Alderney in 2009 :)

pic
Gallery
random pic/article1
pic/article2

Last edited:
Here is a picture that I make ;) :)

I found a picture of Queen Elizabeth when she was almost at same age as Lady Louse
You can notice that, the model of coats are almost identical :).She definitely is same like Queen :flowers:

QEII and her copy :) sweet Lady Louise

I have come across the most adorable image of the Queen with James, Viscount Severn. It is from the same photoshoot as the one released for the Royal Windsor Horse Show 2011, taken at Easter at Windsor. It is one of the images that will go on display for the Queen's Diamnd Jubilee - 60 Images for 60 Years.

Queen and James

I printscreened the page as I was unable to retrieve the image any other way, and it is a cropped version. The original from the website has Lady Louise in it, but I just thought the little smiles between James and the Queen were too cute.

Royal Collection

Try not to laugh while looking at this picture:

Pic

:previous: Edward doesn't look too comfortable. Quite amusing, though he probably sees these characters on his home TV screens pretty often. He may be feeling a bit tired of them. :D

I love the picture of James with his Granny. They must enjoy each other's company.

Nothing like sponge Bob and Dora to get you in the mood! funny~

Yes, that's true. I hadn't noticed the resemblance before. I'm trying to imagine the conversation between the Earl and the characters. haha

He is looking rather like his grandfather George VI. Maybe the solemn expression helps. :)

Try not to laugh while looking at this picture:

Pic

I tried and failed. Edward looks so uncomfortable, haha. Poor guy.

I agree Princess of Durham, Edward does look a lot like George VI. I have often thought that when looking at some pictures, and perhaps it is the ears that make the resemblance, but this expression in the above images highlights it even more.

A young Edward:

Pic3

I recall seeing a picture of Edward leaning against a tree - I think it was from a time he was in Australia. He was about 18. He was truly the closest thing to beautiful. An extremely striking young man. Must have caused him problems, I'm sure.

Remind you of anyone? I see William - very close resemblance at a certain point in his young manhood - maybe even still? I always thought that William was more and more resembling the Spencer side of the family as he has been aging, but with this, I'm not so sure.

Last edited:
I recall seeing a picture of Edward leaning against a tree - I think it was from a time he was in Australia. He was about 18. He was truly the closest thing to beautiful. An extremely striking young man. Must have caused him problems, I'm sure.

Remind you of anyone? I see William - very close resemblance at a certain point in his young manhood - maybe even still? I always thought that William was more and more resembling the Spencer side of the family as he has been aging, but with this, I'm not so sure.

I agree, Edward was a handsome young man and an adorable little boy. His bright blonde hair was so beautiful, I am glad Lady Louise has inherited his blonde genes. William reminds me of Edward alot, physically, in many ways. In certain images, depending on the stance, I have to double take to see who it is. It doesn't help they both are losing their hair.

Lady Louise 2006, 2, 3 and 4

Even at 2 1/2, Lady Louise was practicing her Grandfather's walk! Here she is with her Nanny (the same one they've had for both children, which I think is brilliant for the children's benefit) at the Royal Windsor Horse Show in May 2006. The little waddle with her hands clasped behind her back is so precious, just like Prince Philip. In some of the images she looks like she is trying to work out what the camera is.

The resemblance is very, very striking. If I didn't know, I would have assumed that it was Wills. The similarities in looks are still there even now.

I agree, Edward was a handsome young man and an adorable little boy. His bright blonde hair was so beautiful, I am glad Lady Louise has inherited his blonde genes. William reminds me of Edward alot, physically, in many ways. In certain images, depending on the stance, I have to double take to see who it is. It doesn't help they both are losing their hair.

Lady Louise 2006, 2, 3 and 4

Even at 2 1/2, Lady Louise was practicing her Grandfather's walk! Here she is with her Nanny (the same one they've had for both children, which I think is brilliant for the children's benefit) at the Royal Windsor Horse Show in May 2006. The little waddle with her hands clasped behind her back is so precious, just like Prince Philip. In some of the images she looks like she is trying to work out what the camera is.

I love the pictures, but my favorite has to be when she's touching the nanny's face. Very sweet moment.

With regard to the similarity between Edward and William I have trouble at times telling which one is which from the side or the back. The best example recently was on the day of the rehearsal for the wedding when William arrived I had to do a double take because I actually thought it was Edward. To me William has always looked like a Windsor and there are many photos of his that remind me of a young Philip and a young Edward.

I wish Edward would allow a few more photos of his children. No one will ever pick them out in a crowd--especially as soon as William has children they will be all but forgotten. Edward was a beautiful baby.

I wish Edward would allow a few more photos of his children. No one will ever pick them out in a crowd--especially as soon as William has children they will be all but forgotten. Edward was a beautiful baby.

Presumably, that was precisely what Edward and Sophie wanted - to give their children as much anonymity as is possible under the circumstances.
Neither Lady Louise, nor Viscount Severn are ever likely to be working royals, so there is no sense in exposing them to media.

Presumably, that was precisely what Edward and Sophie wanted - to give their children as much anonymity as is possible under the circumstances.
Neither Lady Louise, nor Viscount Severn are ever likely to be working royals, so there is no sense in exposing them to media.

Yes, that is correct. However, in the recent years we have seen a little more of Lady Louise at events like Windsor Horse Show, Trooping the Colour, Garter Day (she was watching the ceremony with her classmates) her cousin's wedding last April, and this past Christmas. She's appears to be relatively comfortable in the spotlight. Her smiles are extremely infectious.

Yes, that is correct. However, in the recent years we have seen a little more of Lady Louise at events like Windsor Horse Show, Trooping the Colour, Garter Day (she was watching the ceremony with her classmates) her cousin's wedding last April, and this past Christmas. She's appears to be relatively comfortable in the spotlight. Her smiles are extremely infectious.

Lady Louise is a precious little girl. She looks the copy of her grandmother at the same age. :)

Edward WAS a beautiful baby, toddler and young boy. His blonde hair is astonishly beautiful, and I am quite glad Louise has inherited the blonde gene. So many of the Royal children and grandchildren were blonde as children, it's lovely.

I think Lady Louise loves the spotlight! 2011 was her big year for Royal occasions and it was evident from her infectious smile and dimples that she adored every minute of them.

I think Edward and Sophie are correct in protecting their children's privacy and I think that is wonderful. I do, however, think they both have realised this year that even though they are not "HRH" styled, they are still Her Majesty's grandchildren and they realise that when they go to school people are going to know who they are, who their parents are etc. I think they have realised that their kids can attend family gatherings in public, if only to allow the public to see they are healthy, normal children. Lady Louise is now 8 years old, she is aware of who she is, who her grand mother is and her classmates all know this. I think they just wanted to wait until their children were old enough, however I do think we'll see James possibly on the balcony this year for Trooping the Colour. He most likely wont ride in a carriage with his sister and parents, but he'll probably make an appearance on the balcony. It's not every year his Granny celebrates 60 years as Monarch.

The fact that Edward and Sophie allowed the Queen to use the image of their children with Granny for the Horse Show also shows they are more lax on their protection of them. They really should let them be seen more, they're adorable little children, and as others have mentioned, Louise is the IMAGE of her Granny.

Last edited:
That is a beautiful image, the little girl is adorable and Sophie's facial expression is lovely.

I never see this photo of edward ad sophie from the photo offical's section for the stamps. is a video, the photo is in 1:32 min,
ROYAL WEDDING PREPARATIONS:

Back
Top Bottom