The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-06-2018, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Apparently one of the dogs had an accident on Beatrice's cape.
(Oh, the joys of working with animals!)

Did the Vogue article mention it?

Old 08-07-2018, 02:26 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I think it did yes!

Old 08-07-2018, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Ah, got there before me!
Yes, I'm pretty sure that little anecdote was mentioned.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-11-2018, 03:09 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Beatrice and Eugenie lament having to juggle a job and their royal engagements | Daily Mail Online

And we're back.
Old 08-11-2018, 04:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

I didn't bother reading that as I assume it is the standard 'they are lazy, waste of space an oxygen' article about the girls that the press like to write and the general public want to believe. The media love to manipulate the public to 'love' certain members of the BRF and 'hate' others - they have been doing it for nearly a century now and it will continue well into the future.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

I have stopped reading the DF when it comes to Beatrice and Eugenie. I wish they were born at a time when it was thought already that the life of a granddaughter of the souverain would be easier if they were not burdened with the title and rank of princess but without the background to support this. It seems to me it is much more difficult then in other European countries where the media and the people seems to adore all their princesses. In Britain, being at the top of the social chain but having not much to go for it (no public role, not the kind of money to create something for themselves that pays for their privileges) gives them the image of hanger-ons, and having Fergie as their mother doesn't help much.

I just think that Lady Louise will be treated differently when she is grown-up and seen as an adult, much like the well-liked other Ladies of the Windsor-family.

For a princess, nothing is ever quiet, for a Lady X Mountbatten-Windsor nearly everything is.

My hope is that Eugenie will one day open up a fashionable winestore with her husband, because winegrowers are very conservative still, so probably would sell limited wines to a Royal princess rather than to other winesellers. Or she could become a custodian and curator of The Royal Collections. That would surely be seen as a suitable job.

With Beatrice? I wish she would meet a man who could provide princely for her, as I don't see her earn the amount of money by herself she'd need to live the life of a "real" Royal princess.

But all in all, I hope the tabloids will give them a rest once they are starting to wear twinsets and pearls....
Old 08-11-2018, 07:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Eugenie is Associate Director at Hauser & Wirth.

According to Hauser & Wirth's London homepage, "Eugenie York" is a full director in the exhibition and sales department.

https://www.hauserwirth.com/contact/...rk&jp=Director

According to art magazine articles, she was already promoted to full director in 2017.
Old 08-11-2018, 11:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I have stopped reading the DF when it comes to Beatrice and Eugenie. I wish they were born at a time when it was thought already that the life of a granddaughter of the souverain would be easier if they were not burdened with the title and rank of princess but without the background to support this. It seems to me it is much more difficult then in other European countries where the media and the people seems to adore all their princesses. In Britain, being at the top of the social chain but having not much to go for it (no public role, not the kind of money to create something for themselves that pays for their privileges) gives them the image of hanger-ons, and having Fergie as their mother doesn't help much.
I believe much of the public resents having to fund Andrew (and by extension, Fergie). This resentment carries over to their daughters.

Still, all of the holidays don't help. It adds to the perception that their jobs are only for show, and not real work.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I believe much of the public resents having to fund Andrew (and by extension, Fergie). This resentment carries over to their daughters.

Still, all of the holidays don't help. It adds to the perception that their jobs are only for show, and not real work.
The problem with 'all of the holidays', is that Beatrice is the one who has most of them. Eugenie has only been pictured on one this year, which was the trip to Italy with Jack. And half of the time Eugenie is seen travelling, it's for her work but the papers don't care and will just right what sells.
Old 08-11-2018, 01:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
The problem with 'all of the holidays', is that Beatrice is the one who has most of them. Eugenie has only been pictured on one this year, which was the trip to Italy with Jack. And half of the time Eugenie is seen travelling, it's for her work but the papers don't care and will just right what sells.
I'm not so sure; Eugenie does praise her very understanding boss, who allows her to take time off whenever she likes.

The article mentions that, of her first 50 days on the job, she was off on 25 of them.
The public isn't apt to applaud that work ethic.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I'm not so sure; Eugenie does praise her very understanding boss, who allows her to take time off whenever she likes.

The article mentions that, of her first 50 days on the job, she was off on 25 of them.
The public isn't apt to applaud that work ethic.
Yes, she praised H&W in her Harper's Bazaar interview in 2016, but not in the context the DM is using. This is the original quote, "5:00 P.M. In the evenings, I often have engagements related to my family or a charity I support. Hauser & Wirth is very accommodating and understanding of my sense of duty. So I'll work until 5 P.M., then leave to do the engagement. My sister, Bea, and I have charities we're patrons of. We also try to support Granny and Grandpa in any way we can because that is what family is for."

Also the DM must love contradicting itself because in this article: Princess Eugenie challenges sister Beatrice's holiday record with EIGHT in 15 months | Daily Mail Online, which was written around the same time, they mention only eight for Eugenie. In those eight, two are faulty, going to Balmoral is more like tradition not holiday and when did it become unusual to take a trip between Christmas and New Years.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
According to Hauser & Wirth's London homepage, "Eugenie York" is a full director in the exhibition and sales department.

https://www.hauserwirth.com/contact/...rk&jp=Director

According to art magazine articles, she was already promoted to full director in 2017.
Grand, but the most recently printed interview with them in Vogue has her as an Associate Director, I assume this information was verified by Eugenie herself.
Old 08-11-2018, 09:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
Yes, she praised H&W in her Harper's Bazaar interview in 2016, but not in the context the DM is using. This is the original quote, "5:00 P.M. In the evenings, I often have engagements related to my family or a charity I support. Hauser & Wirth is very accommodating and understanding of my sense of duty. So I'll work until 5 P.M., then leave to do the engagement. My sister, Bea, and I have charities we're patrons of. We also try to support Granny and Grandpa in any way we can because that is what family is for."

Also the DM must love contradicting itself because in this article: Princess Eugenie challenges sister Beatrice's holiday record with EIGHT in 15 months | Daily Mail Online, which was written around the same time, they mention only eight for Eugenie. In those eight, two are faulty, going to Balmoral is more like tradition not holiday and when did it become unusual to take a trip between Christmas and New Years.
They also claim as 'holidays' weekends away - but ignore the fact that many Brits go away for the weekend.

As for the 25 days off in the first 50 - I have known of people who in changing jobs have been able to take their annual leave from the earlier job after starting at the new job for the simple reason that the alternative would be the person going two years without a break and that isn't good for anyone. One of my colleagues had booked a six week Long Service Leave break in first term and when she changed schools the new school respected that rather than force her to cancel the holiday planned. Sometimes it happens because the change of job doesn't fit with the planned holidays.

The media like to show Eugenie as on 'holidays' every time she goes overseas - even though part of her job would involve going to art exhibitions etc overseas. The same with Beatrice e.g. earlier this year she was in Sydney for her company Afiniti and also did an engagement for a charity but the DM reported that as a 'holiday'.

Harry's recent trip to Botswana is the same - a trip for official engagements but it isn't seen as a 'holiday' but when the girls do the same thing it is.

Sure trips to the Caribbean are holidays but not all of the others.
Old 08-11-2018, 10:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I have stopped reading the DF when it comes to Beatrice and Eugenie. I wish they were born at a time when it was thought already that the life of a granddaughter of the souverain would be easier if they were not burdened with the title and rank of princess but without the background to support this.
I just think that Lady Louise will be treated differently when she is grown-up and seen as an adult, much like the well-liked other Ladies of the Windsor-family.

For a princess, nothing is ever quiet, for a Lady X Mountbatten-Windsor nearly everything is.
I'm surprised at popular opinion about 'princess' titles in Britain (as per DM comments...or DF if you will...). Everyone seems to think that Princess Anne deliberately renounced titles for her children, whereas Andrew 'demanded' them for his daughters...when actually the law of the land always mandated titles for the children of a royal prince, but not princess. Princess Anne's children were never destined to have titles, unless Mark Phillips had accepted a title from the Queen. On the other hand, Andrew's children were always destined to be princesses. It's just the way things went in the royal family for centuries.
When I first started learning about the BRF (at age 10 or so!) one of the first things I learned is who could and couldn't be an HRH - and I am in Canada! So it always surprises me that so many people in Britain are convinced Andrew basically forced titles on Beatrice and Eugenie.

It doesn't help matters, of course, that Edward and Sophie chose for their children not to be called Prince and Princesses, even though legally, they are.

I can't help but wonder if these same commenters expect that any children of Harry and Meghan will not carry titles either? Because there is no difference between Harry's position and Andrew's position at the time of Beatrice and Eugenie's birth, other than that Harry is slightly FARTHER from the throne as the grandson of the monarch.

On one hand, I think it would make it easier for Beatrice and Eugenie if they could give up those titles. But then why should they have to when they were born with them, at a time when this was more accepted than it is now?
Old 08-11-2018, 11:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post

On one hand, I think it would make it easier for Beatrice and Eugenie if they could give up those titles. But then why should they have to when they were born with them, at a time when this was more accepted than it is now?
And don't forget, that from her birth in 1988 until the birth of Princess Charlotte in 2015 Princess Beatrice was the first female in the line of succession to the throne - for nearly 27 years. She was in the exact same position Queen Victoria was at her birth - fifth.
Old 08-11-2018, 11:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
And don't forget, that from her birth in 1988 until the birth of Princess Charlotte in 2015 Princess Beatrice was the first female in the line of succession to the throne - for nearly 27 years. She was in the exact same position Queen Victoria was at her birth - fifth.
I never understood why Andrew’s website mentioned that Beatrice was the first female in the line of succession. After all Anne was born 3rd in line and was the first female in line from 1952 when her mother became queen until Beatrice was born in 1988 - so 32 years. Ahead of Victoria at birth were her father and 3 childless Uncles, her father died and her Uncles had no children whereas Beatrice had 2 cousins from her generation ahead of her who were likely to have children not to mention a father who could have had a son.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
I never understood why Andrew’s website mentioned that Beatrice was the first female in the line of succession. After all Anne was born 3rd in line and was the first female in line from 1952 when her mother became queen until Beatrice was born in 1988 - so 32 years. Ahead of Victoria at birth were her father and 3 childless Uncles, her father died and her Uncles had no children whereas Beatrice had 2 cousins from her generation ahead of her who were likely to have children not to mention a father who could have had a son.
Andrew's website and many others mentioned that Beatrice was the first female in the line of succession as she was. Not that she was the first ever female to be in the line of succession but that from her birth until Charlotte's the only people ahead of her were male. She is now the second female in the line of succession at 8th meaning that of the first 8 in the line of succession there are 6 men and 2 women.

Regardless of who was ahead of Beatrice at birth she was born 5th in line - as was Victoria - who at times dropped and rose again as Queen Adelaide had and then lost her babies. Even when Victoria succeeded the provision was clear - that if Adelaide had a child after William died (highly unlikely but ...) then Victoria would stop being Queen.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post

It doesn't help matters, of course, that Edward and Sophie chose for their children not to be called Prince and Princesses, even though legally, they are.

Not according to Buckingham Palace.

I have written to them to check this fact and was told that they aren't now nor ever will be Prince and Princess.

What most people don't realise is that there are three ways for a title to be given or withheld:

Letters Patent
Royal Warrant
Queen's Will

The Queen's Will was used to strip Louise and James of HRH.

NOTE that it was announced on the 19th May that Harry was Duke of Sussex and he was officially referred to as such from that date onwards.

The LPs weren't issued until nearly two months later so for those two months he was Duke of Sussex by The Queen's Will and nothing else.
Old 08-12-2018, 02:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
...1st
Regardless of who was ahead of Beatrice at birth she was born 5th in line - as was Victoria - who at times dropped and rose again as Queen Adelaide had and then lost her babies...
What babies of Queen Adelaide’s are you referring to? I know of only one. Her first daughter was born and died before Victoria was born. After Victoria’s birth Queen Adelaide had one live birth - Princes Elizabeth in Dec. 1820 - who lived a little less than 3 months. Queen Adelaide’s twin boys were still born so would not have effected Victoria’s place in the line of succession.
In any event, if Harry has daughters or the Cambridge’s have more Beatrice will drift even further down vis a viz. first female in line. It just seemed an odd statement to me - particularly to leave the statement up after male precedence was ended before George’s birth.
I see the website now says Beatrice is 8th in line and the second female whereas Eugenie’s simply says 9th in line omitting reference to being the 3rd female.
Old 09-06-2018, 12:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Eugenie remember her school days:

"Throwback to school days. Clearly I was more excited than Beatrice!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnZAsc2A...rincesseugenie

Cute picture of the two little Princesses posted by Princess Eugenie

https://www.instagram.com/p/Boh1MYpg...rincesseugenie

Article

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...idesmaids.html

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson