The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #481  
Old 08-02-2018, 03:17 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
That wouldn't stop the gutter press AT ALL and it is naive to think that it would. They would still be followed and harassed as Mrs. Brooksbank and Ms. Mountbatten-Windsor (or Lady Beatrice and Lady Eugenie as daughters of a Duke). They will always be the granddaughters of The Queen and newsworthy just for that reason. Add in the fact that for now the Yorks are the press punching bags and there is no escape for them. Not even a quiet, private retirement in the country would satisfy the press because then they would be "shirking their duty" to the monarch. Until George, Charlotte, and Louis are young adults and the future Sussexes become the new "bad" royals Beatrice and Eugenie will be in the crosshairs...unless Louise and/or James go far off the rails that is.
I disagree. No one is that interested in them. Most of the attention they get is for the clothes they wear at big royal events. Stop going, give the title up and they would be largely ignored by the media.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #482  
Old 08-02-2018, 03:23 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 14,597
The York princesses will never be left alone solely because of who they are. We also see (and you can verify the press' attention) Lady Kitty Spencer always making the tabloids simply because she eats or she attends something. Just because she's Diana's niece. Same with Pippa Matthews because she's the sister of the Duchess of Cambridge.

There's no fading off into the sunset with these people.
__________________

__________________
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #483  
Old 08-02-2018, 05:24 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Coastal California, United States
Posts: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The York princesses will never be left alone solely because of who they are. We also see (and you can verify the press' attention) Lady Kitty Spencer always making the tabloids simply because she eats or she attends something. Just because she's Diana's niece. Same with Pippa Matthews because she's the sister of the Duchess of Cambridge.

There's no fading off into the sunset with these people.
Diana had 9 nieces - the only one we really read about is the one who needs the media coverage to further her career.

Likewise, Beatrice needs her title and the press attention to further her business aspirations - her title and high media profile open doors for her that her education, experience and skill set would not.

Eugenie is in the business of selling art - her title and high profile bring her into contact with the wealthy art buyers she needs in her career.
If either of them had chosen a career that did not require that they have the right 'connections' IMO they would have no problem staying under the radar with only an occasional blip when they went to church with grandma on Sunday at Christmas. They chose otherwise.

I'm not criticizing their choices - they are taking advantage of the position which they were born to - however, doing so was not their only choice and I think it's a bit disingenuous to claim the press harasses them when they've chosen careers where they need to be high profile and their charitable endeavors appear to be aimed at garnering press coverage to encourage others to donate money.

Eugenie could have been a curator or researcher of art, for example, rather than a seller needing wealthy connections.
I'm still not sure what Beatrice is actually doing, so can't say where her interests really lie.
Both Eugenie and Beatrice could have actually volunteered and done work with charities they were interested in (you know - boots on the ground) rather than just showing up or visiting, or doing a marathon with their buddies to 'raise awareness' and encourage others to donate.
Reply With Quote
  #484  
Old 08-03-2018, 07:06 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 52,709
.

The dailymail reveals new details of the VOGUE interview:


** Eugenie says she got in trouble for posting an ‘off-limits’ photo of ‘Papa’ Prince Andrew..**
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #485  
Old 08-03-2018, 09:29 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
I don’t know how Eugenie got into trouble for that photo. That corridor isn’t new to many as we’ve seen it before in documentaries the royals participated in.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #486  
Old 08-03-2018, 10:13 AM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 12,590
Those who made the documentaries had permission to take their pictures where ever they took them. Eugenie didn't and so was told off. She has to abide by the same rules as everyone else. I don't remember seeing that corridor anyway and I have seen every documentary in the last 30 or so years that has been on Australian TV. I am not saying it hasn't been shown just that I don't remember seeing it - particularly the picture of Princess Maud.
Reply With Quote
  #487  
Old 08-03-2018, 10:20 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 14,597
Its very possible that the anecdote related about the corridor and picture of Andrew that got her in a little bit of hot water amplifies what the entire interview was supposed to deliver and that is that the York girls are just as human as the rest of us and make mistakes. Just like doggies have accidents in the worse possible places sometimes and mothers are doting no matter how old one gets. It makes them more real and down to earth than puppets on a string that the media portrays however they feel will get the most response from its readers.
__________________
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #488  
Old 08-03-2018, 10:37 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Those who made the documentaries had permission to take their pictures where ever they took them. Eugenie didn't and so was told off. She has to abide by the same rules as everyone else. I don't remember seeing that corridor anyway and I have seen every documentary in the last 30 or so years that has been on Australian TV. I am not saying it hasn't been shown just that I don't remember seeing it - particularly the picture of Princess Maud.
I guess so, but yeah I’ve seen that corridor before. It’s where Andrew’s office or rooms are located. The palace just produced a speed video that featured the corridor as well. The far end of the corridor is where the Cambridge’s and rest of the royal family greeted guest after the 2011 Royal wedding.

I was surprised that the media made a big deal about the picture, because it’s been featured before.

The British royals should start sharing regular pics. It’s what the Swedish, Danish and other royals do. Everything don’t have to be formal and so staged. They need to relax a bit.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #489  
Old 08-03-2018, 10:39 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,025
I really wish they'd said a bit more about Eugenie's wedding.
It's right around the corner now, so all the major decisions have been made.
Reply With Quote
  #490  
Old 08-03-2018, 10:43 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Alexandria, United States
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I really wish they'd said a bit more about Eugenie's wedding.
It's right around the corner now, so all the major decisions have been made.
Were you able to get the actual article, I would have thought they would have said more than what was mentioned in the preview?
Reply With Quote
  #491  
Old 08-03-2018, 10:48 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 14,597
The link did say that its for the September issue of Vogue and mentioned the photo shoot for the article. We were just given a "trailer" of what is to come in the September issue.

Unless its posted online, I won't see it.
__________________
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #492  
Old 08-03-2018, 10:58 AM
Leopoldine's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 610
I don't understand some of the comments in the VF article. Eugenie was quoted saying that people "recoil" from perfect Instagram photos and then went on to say that she and her sister are real people. I don't see the thread there.
Reply With Quote
  #493  
Old 08-03-2018, 11:26 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The link did say that its for the September issue of Vogue and mentioned the photo shoot for the article. We were just given a "trailer" of what is to come in the September issue.

Unless its posted online, I won't see it.
Read it at the Library; that's what I am going to do.
Reply With Quote
  #494  
Old 08-03-2018, 11:32 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 14,597
No magazine article is conductive to me to drive quite a ways to a public library as I live in a pretty rural setting. Actually, for me, most times its cheaper for me to buy a book at an used book seller and have it mailed to me than using a lending library.

Perhaps the article will eventually be in its entirety on the Vogue website similar to how the article they did last summer on Meghan was. One can hope.
__________________
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #495  
Old 08-03-2018, 03:01 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 20,737
So i caved and bought. It's only £2 in the UK!

Somethings i've read that I personally didn't know.

Beatrice is VP of Partnerships and Strategy at Afiniti, a US Based AI technology company. She spends half her time in NY.
Sarah lives permanently at Royal Lodge when she's also not in NY.
Eugenie is Associate Director at Hauser & Wirth.

Eugenie talks about how her whole life has become anti-plastic after partnering with Project Zero, she claims her wedding will be no plastic.

The article confirms that Beatrice will be Eugenie's Maid of Honour in October.

The pictures are very high fashion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarah, Duchess of York is currently on The One Show talking about the merger of her charity Children In Crisis with Street Child UK, which Eugenie and Beatrice are ambassadors for. She has spoke briefly about the wedding which I have posted in the correct thread.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #496  
Old 08-03-2018, 04:21 PM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 17,813
Another lovely picture from the photoshoot in VOGUE

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmBIDY6F...anthomas_photo
Reply With Quote
  #497  
Old 08-03-2018, 04:59 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 12,220
Such a lovely and natural photo! It really seems to capture the York sister's close relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
So i caved and bought. It's only £2 in the UK!

Somethings i've read that I personally didn't know.

Beatrice is VP of Partnerships and Strategy at Afiniti, a US Based AI technology company. She spends half her time in NY.
Sarah lives permanently at Royal Lodge when she's also not in NY.
Eugenie is Associate Director at Hauser & Wirth.

Eugenie talks about how her whole life has become anti-plastic after partnering with Project Zero, she claims her wedding will be no plastic.

The article confirms that Beatrice will be Eugenie's Maid of Honour in October.

The pictures are very high fashion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarah, Duchess of York is currently on The One Show talking about the merger of her charity Children In Crisis with Street Child UK, which Eugenie and Beatrice are ambassadors for. She has spoke briefly about the wedding which I have posted in the correct thread.
Thank you for letting us know Lumutqueen - it seems like it's worth a buy. I'm very tempted to get hold of a copy myself.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #499  
Old 08-03-2018, 08:44 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 9,191
What absolutely wonderful ensembles! They really nailed the different personalities and styles of Beatrice and Eugenie. I would especially love to see them wear the long gowns, Beatrice with the smaller print and slightly fussier style and Eugenie with the beautifully bold colours and style.

Seeing Beatrice in that long gown is reminiscent of her wonderful butterfly hat that lives long in my memory.

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod...p&resize=980:*
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #500  
Old 08-06-2018, 04:12 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 12,220
I purchased the edition of Vogue today and the photos are lovely. The interview is really nice to read and I felt like I "got to know" Beatrice and Eugenie a little more.
Eugenie's comment about her wedding to Jack made me smile when the interviewer asked if she was nervous: "I’m not stressed at all. It’s very nerve-wracking because you want it to be perfect but then you realize that you’re going to be with the person you love forever and nothing else really matters."
__________________

__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
York Family News and Pictures 1: September 2003-September 2015 Martine Current Events Archive 1441 09-14-2015 05:00 AM
Princess Beatrice of York News and Pictures 2: August 2004-August 2005 samitude Current Events Archive 185 08-08-2005 05:01 AM
Princess Beatrice of York News and Pictures 1: May 2003-July 2004 Josefine Current Events Archive 83 07-27-2004 05:18 PM




Popular Tags
aristocracy armenia bangladesh belgian royal belgian royal family charles of wales chittagong crown crown prince hussein crown prince hussein's future wife cyprus danish royalty denmark diana princess of wales duchess of cambridge duchess of sussex dutch royal family dutch royals french revolution future genealogy germany haakon vii hill history house of bernadotte house of grimaldi israel jumma kent kiko king salman lithuania lithuanian palaces mailing meghan markle monaco christening monarchist monogram mountbatten naples netflix nobel prize norway history official visit pakistan popularity potential areas prince charles prince daniel princely family of monaco princess margaret pronunciation queen maud queen paola rania of jordan rown royal children south korea spain state visit state visit to denmark sweden swedish history thailand tracts united kingdom unsubscribe visit from sweden working royals; full-time royals; part-time royals;


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:30 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×