York Family News and Pictures 2: Sep 2015 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah was given some money, as part of her divorce settlement to buy a home, but no home has ever been bought. I have no idea what has happened to that money but in the normal course of events it can't be spent on anything else other than what it was given to the spouse for ....

A home was purchased for Sarah with that money. Birch Hall in Surrey was purchased in 1998, Sarah refused to move into it saying she couldn't afford to keep it up, and it was sold in 1999: https://www.theguardian.com/uk/1999/mar/23/9

Hmm a house worth £1.5million to live in...didn't Sarah once say she got little in the divorce? Clearly she's always had a bit of an issue with money and its worth.

Birch Hall is stunning and would have been a perfect home for Sarah to have lived with her children. But it would have indeed required a substantial amount of money for upkeep.

What I will never understand is why Andrew and Sarah did not purchase a home like Birch Hall after their wedding. HMQ offered them their choice of a home as a wedding gift and instead of choosing a beautiful stately historic estate, they squandered millions on the construction of ugly (imo) Sunninghill Park aka "SouthYork".

Which today lies abandoned and in ruins.:sad:

IIRC Sunninghill Park was bulldozed after Andrew sold it to a friend/developer etc.

LaRae

A home was purchased for Sarah with that money. Birch Hall in Surrey was purchased in 1998, Sarah refused to move into it saying she couldn't afford to keep it up, and it was sold in 1999: https://www.theguardian.com/uk/1999/mar/23/9
If I recall correctly, the money was for a house purchased by a trust in Beatrice and Eugenie's names, and Sarah would have been allowed to live there with her daughters. Sarah did not own it personally, and was not given money for her living expenses. I could be mis-remembering, but that's what I recall reading at the time of the divorce.

This article states that Andrew says the Queen will not pay off his chalet debt. https://uk.news.yahoo.com/prince-andrew-queen-debt-ski-chalet-133629234.html
The claim is that the chalet is on the market & the sale should pay off the debt which he and Sarah failed to pay in Dec. 2019. Given that the York’s previous property Sunninghill languished on the market w/out a buyer for several years, I don’t blame the former owner of the chalet for suing the Yorks for their breach of contract, particularly given Sarah’s track record of not honoring her debts - which has become something of a lifestyle for Sarah.

Hmm a house worth £1.5million to live in...didn't Sarah once say she got little in the divorce? Clearly she's always had a bit of an issue with money and its worth.

The problem with the Divorce settlement was she didn't got. Consider they had similar pre-nups if is understandable. But Diana was able to get a piece of Charles stocks, bonds and properties. Andrew's just didn't have these.
Take that into consideration that she really wanted to live it up when she was in American and you can see why the money didn't last and she run up debts.

If I recall correctly, the money was for a house purchased by a trust in Beatrice and Eugenie's names, and Sarah would have been allowed to live there with her daughters. Sarah did not own it personally, and was not given money for her living expenses. I could be mis-remembering, but that's what I recall reading at the time of the divorce.

That's how I remember reading it, too.

Early 2021,would mean January. I am dreaming ,it would be Jan 1st one minute after midnight. As the 1st infant born in 2021.,but I think I am off for a few weeks.

Camilla Tominey, Associated Editor and royal correspondent of The Telegraph has written a piece about Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, particularly on family life. The article is behind the paywall. There is collage of three pictures in near the heading: Eugenie and Jack's wedding, Beatrice and Eugenie in school uniform with Sarah, Duchess of York behind them, Beatrice and Edoardo's wedding. This collage has the caption, "First marriage and now motherhood beckon as the ninth and tenth in line to the throne continue to carve a path outside of ‘The Firm’."

The princesses in motherland: how Beatrice and Eugenie are embracing family life
As Eugenie announces her pregnancy and Beatrice enjoys stepmotherhood, the York sisters are starting their own happy families at last

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...rland-beatrice-eugenie-embracing-family-life/

Last edited:
Early 2021,would mean January. I am dreaming ,it would be Jan 1st one minute after midnight. As the 1st infant born in 2021.,but I think I am off for a few weeks.

I would say February and March also count as "early 2021"!

I saw the second picture in a Tatler article with Sarah, Duchess of York taking Princess Princess Eugenie and Zenouska Mowatt to school in 1992 (11th September). I do think by "school", it probably means a nursery that is part of a school. The Tatler article itself was talking about Zenouska Mowatt.

Link to the Tatler article: https://www.tatler.com/article/who-is-zenouska-mowatt

I also found two pictures on Getty Image
https://www.gettyimages.com.au/deta...a-mowatt-to-news-photo/52117795?adppopup=true
https://www.gettyimages.com.au/deta...-duchess-of-news-photo/52101632?adppopup=true

Princess Eugenie (23rd March 1990) and Zenouska Mowatt (26th May 1990) are born only around two months apart

Princess Eugenie has released some photos on her instagram, celebrating her mother's (Sarah, Duchess of York) birthday

@princesseugenie Verified
Happy Birthday to my dear mumsy... ⁣
You are one of a kind.⁣
There were too many pictures to choose from that show how completely unique you are. ⁣
????
16h​

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGXRK26Fj9O/

Would it be to much to hope for that a royal re-wedding between the Duke and Duchess of York, who already live together in an ersatz marriage, would be a way to re-introduce them both to life as working royals...

Naïve for sure, but it seems to me a joyous thought regardless, knowing how committed they are to each other and that time heals all wounds, even royal ones

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the number of people who would want to see either Prince Andrew or Sarah Ferguson again representing the royal family in any capacity would be minuscule but what they do in their private lives is up to them of course (as long as it's legal).

Last edited:
Would it be to much to hope for that a royal re-wedding between the Duke and Duchess of York, who already live together in an ersatz marriage, would be a way to re-introduce them both to life as working royals, together, alongside their children and grandchildren, and focus on the people who want to work and serve the Commonwealth nations, and remove attention from those who have detached themselves from it as per their own requests?
Naïve for sure, but it seems to me a joyous thought regardless, knowing how committed they are to each other and that time heals all wounds, even royal ones

With Andrew's multiple issues you want him re-instated as a royal :ermm:

Fergie will never be a working royal again. Will they perhaps remarry? Maybe after Philip has passed. Even maybe the queen. But that stands to be seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
What would the CoE require of the two of them(Andrew and Sarah) if they decided to remarry? Would a full repeat of marriage vows with 2 witnesses be necessary?

Or just a sevice of blessing since neither of them ever remarried? Just curious....

If the couple were divorced, and I believe that they were, then they would certainly have to go through a new wedding ceremony if they wanted to marry again. I don’t think they do however. I think they’re happy as they are.

What would the CoE require of the two of them(Andrew and Sarah) if they decided to remarry? Would a full repeat of marriage vows with 2 witnesses be necessary?

Or just a sevice of blessing since neither of them ever remarried? Just curious....

They would have to meet the same requirements as a couple of divorcees who were divorced from other people. It may make the diocese decission quicker, or maybe slower as they would have to convince diocese why they think the marriage would work this time when it didnt before.

They could go the Charles and Camilla route and have a civil wedding instead. But they would still require witnesses and such as well.

No a simple service of blessing would do nothing. Their marriage ended, they need to re-enter a new one.

But I do have my doubts they ever would.

They would have to be remarried. It is possible they could do so in a church (especially if a royal peculiar was used) with the permission of the vicar.

https://www.churchofengland.org/sites/default/files/2017-11/MarriageAFTERdivorceFORM.pdf

However despite all the speculation about "after Philip dies" we have no real signs that they want to do so. Indeed, if they did so it would open up a can of worms that I'm sure they would prefer remain closed.

As for taking up royal duties again, no. I can't see it happening for a number of very good reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom