Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 19: July 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Absolutely. The only person Sarah has ever really hurt is herself.

After a certain age, there comes some kind of dignity in being able to bounce back and be resilient, as Sarah has been, and as demonstrated by these recent interviews.

I think you are very generous using the word 'dignity' with regard to Sarah! Why does she have to 'bounce back and be resilient' publicly at all?

Sarah damaged the prestige of the monarchy all those years ago with her behaviour in my view though not in the seemingly intentional way her nephew by marriage and his wife are adopting.

She's just saying all this at the moment to get her name in the news to publicise her new book - it's not very dignified, but a lot of people do it.

How dares she ? Anything to be in the news again.

Yes, Sarah wouldn't recognize 'dignity' if it hit her in the face.

Is it not the tradition in the UK for authors to conduct promotional interviews in the leadup to publication? It seems to me that far more "damaging" interviews than these have been given by her and other members of the royal family.

Could Sarah York just PLEASE SHUT UP ABOUT EVERYTHING, public and personal, for ONE year perhaps?? No IG comments. No navel gazing ruminations about self-discovery, ageing, wisdom, memories of Diana, sons-in-law or children and grandchildren. Just go silent and disappear.

I know it will never happen, but one can dream.:sad:

Is it not the tradition in the UK for authors to conduct promotional interviews in the leadup to publication? It seems to me that far more "damaging" interviews than these have been given by her and other members of the royal family.

People may not like Sarah, but she's free to talk about a novel she wrote. Nothing's getting damaged by her doing so.

People are also free to ignore her.

Could Sarah York just PLEASE SHUT UP ABOUT EVERYTHING, public and personal, for ONE year perhaps?? No IG comments. No navel gazing ruminations about self-discovery, ageing, wisdom, memories of Diana, sons-in-law or children and grandchildren. Just go silent and disappear.

She does do that though! Sarah goes quiet for such a length of time that you think she's finally settled into a discreet private life and then bang! Back she comes in a blaze of publicity, this time concerning a book she's penned and a contract for a second one and again she uses the opportunity to spill out all the usual stuff you've mentioned that she has talked about now for nearly THIRTY YEARS!

People may not like Sarah, but she's free to talk about a novel she wrote. Nothing's getting damaged by her doing so.

People are also free to ignore her.

I actually have a soft spot for her and there was a time I actively rooted for her. But her narcissism and endless self promotion wore me down.

So yes...I do try to ignore her now most of the time.:ermm:

Both of us are dreaming then ! :flowers:

She spent way too much time in the sun for her skin type.

:previous: I agree 100%. Red hair and very fair skin is also most susceptible to melanoma.

I hope Beatrice is more cautious than her mom.:ermm:

Sarah wants Julianne Moore to portray her on The Crown. That is just silly. Lesley Nichol aka Mrs. Patmore on Downton looks way more like her, and can do the exuberance.

Which actress portrayed Sarah when the CBS Network aired a movie about Prince Charles and Princess Diana?

Sarah wants Julianne Moore to portray her on The Crown. That is just silly. Lesley Nichol aka Mrs. Patmore on Downton looks way more like her, and can do the exuberance.
Wouldn't it need to be someone younger. Sarah from the 90s.

So Sarah opened an "aesthetics clinic" (for non surgical facelifts etc) in Poland owned by a Polish celebrity doctor. I assume she was paid for it, otherwise it seems like a strange thing to do.

That's a bit odd. I wouldn't have thought that the ex-spouses of British royals were particularly "big" in Poland - surely they could have got a Polish celeb to open it! Or are they aiming at the international market?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom