Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 19: July 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some years ago I thought they would remarry. Considering all, I don't think it will happen.

Yes I think even Sarah realises that a remarraige would not do eihter of them any good.

Sarah did film a six part reality series called "Finding Sarah" that aired on the Oprah Winfrey Network.

She was needlessly exploited there. Some charlatan made her pull a sled across the tundra, a frozen very barren northern area of Canada or Alaska, then after she did it, told her it really wasn't necessary. Oprah's other associates made her cry on television, and manipulated her to make Eugenie and Beatrice cry on TV as well.

The only one who benefitted was Oprah. I can think of one young man who should have remembered that humiliating mini-series.

She was needlessly exploited there. Some charlatan made her pull a sled across the tundra, a frozen very barren northern area of Canada or Alaska, then after she did it, told her it really wasn't necessary. Oprah's other associates made her cry on television, and manipulated her to make Eugenie and Beatrice cry on TV as well.

The only one who benefitted was Oprah. I can think of one young man who should have remembered that humiliating mini-series.

Sarah was a grown up when she agreed to do this. She was not forced. It may have been for earning money and getting more attention, or a mixture of both. She was on Larry King sometimes as a "royal expert."

Oprah does not have the power to "force" people to do things. For instance Tom Cruise hopped on the couch on her show of his own volition.

Hmm, reading the snippets, I'm not sure Sarah's going to do herself, girls or Andrew any favours with this article.

I think this was an interview she should have skipped. I found it cringeworthy.

Me too. There seemed to be a lot of psychobabble about the different Sarah’s/Fergies etc mixed in there, along with the usual about what terrific parents she and Andrew are and how wonderful her family is.

Sarah doesn't understand that most people view everything she says and does as cringeworthy. She has no filters about what is appropriate to say for instance.

I think this was an interview she should have skipped. I found it cringeworthy.

She simply can't resist any opportunity to give an interview; she loves the limelight and has no discretion.

yep I think the persona thing was a bit overdone. But lets be honest it sells.
There is no doubt in my mind that Sarah's PR people have ramped up this recognition in the US. And why not, she has a book to sell, a youtube channel to promote possibly other stuff as well. It is not as if she is the only one doing it - and well Charles cannot possible come down on her anymore for it the way he did in the past. Nor is she the one using Diana as a pull. And there is more interest in her now with the birth of grandkids and such, she has to use what opportunities she has.
I also hope that she draws people to the facts about Andrew's situation - I am really so frustrated by Americans who are under the impression that Andrew has been charged and convicted and that we are preventing an extradition to the states.

Duchess of York visited today in Huddersfield the charity Ruddi’s Retreat . Ruddi’s helps families with seriously ill children to have access to a holiday home and a holiday for minimal costs

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRl_zeABPTr/

A wide-ranging interview with Sarah Ferguson in the Telegraph today.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...s-of-york-sarah-ferguson-exclusive-interview/

Sarah was interviewed by Camilla Tominey. Obviously the purpose is to promote her new book. Sarah dodges and weaves a bit when Camilla gets on the tough questions, but perhaps that's to be expected when the purpose is promoting a romance novel.

The accompanying photos are quite nice.

There is an excerpt from the forthcoming book. Here is one sentence from it: (I don't know how much can legally be copied)

"What she’d give to pull every pin from her rebellious red mop and let it tumble wild and loose down her back. At least then one part of her would be free."

Last edited:
The interview was all right. She admits to being "terrified" about it and you can tell that. She refuses to be drawn on absolutely anything that could cause controversy on any side.

Although she doesn't shut down the speculation that she and Andrew might remarry and she probably didn't make up with Philip before he died, that she's a supporter of Oprah due to her helping her (Sarah) when she moved to the US, things like that. Her "change the subject" deflections aren't in the slightest bit subtle. That said I can see why she's doesn't want to talk about any of it and concentrate on her own book

She's in talks to have her book made into a drama series and she's doing a series called "The Duchess Down Under" where she travels around Australia meeting people which could go either way.

The photos are very nice.

A wide-ranging interview with Sarah Ferguson in the Telegraph today.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...s-of-york-sarah-ferguson-exclusive-interview/

Sarah was interviewed by Camilla Tominey. Obviously the purpose is to promote her new book. Sarah dodges and weaves a bit when Camilla gets on the tough questions, but perhaps that's to be expected when the purpose is promoting a romance novel.

The accompanying photos are quite nice.

There is an excerpt from the forthcoming book. Here is one sentence from it: (I don't know how much can legally be copied)

"What she’d give to pull every pin from her rebellious red mop and let it tumble wild and loose down her back. At least then one part of her would be free."

Might anybody have access to the article? It is currently behind the paywall.

The Telegraph interview was not cringeworthy like the People interview and that probably comes down to the final edit. Sarah wasn't drawn on controversial subjects, so she succeeded in avoiding saying anything controversial.

The photographs are very nice. Whoever styled her should be her permanent choice: not a single look was a clanger.

Sarah should have said No COmment to People when it came to some of the questions. Good the Telegraph did better.

Interesting interview and it gives some more personal trivia (she loves Bridgerton, The Bold Type and Riverdale).

Her next book is going to be more of an explicit bodice ripper.

She actually offered to be a consultant for the Crown and the potential Fergie "character" but was declined.

I don't think this was a wise sentence even though she didn't mean it badly:

Though she once mulled suing him, she now won’t even celebrate the fall of Mazher Mahmood, the News of the World journalist who engineered that 2010 gotcha (and later spent 15 months in jail on unrelated charges). “One day I got up and thought, Mandela forgave his persecutors; surely I can forgive and move forward,” she says.

Being conned by a journalist pretending to be a fake sheik isn't in the slightest but like what Nelson Mandela went though and the comparison inevitably ends up absurd and insulting.

Once again she looks great in all the photos.

Interesting interview and it gives some more personal trivia (she loves Bridgerton, The Bold Type and Riverdale).

Her next book is going to be more of an explicit bodice ripper.

She actually offered to be a consultant for the Crown and the potential Fergie "character" but was declined.

I don't think this was a wise sentence even though she didn't mean it badly:

Being conned by a journalist pretending to be a fake sheik isn't in the slightest but like what Nelson Mandela went though and the comparison inevitably ends up absurd and insulting.

Once again she looks great in all the photos.

I didn’t get the sense she was trying to compare her difficulties with Mandela’s suffering. I thought she was saying that, if someone like Nelson Mandela can move forward despite an enormous amount of pain and suffering, then someone in her own position, with trials that are trivial in comparison, should be able to do the same.

Sarah is all over the place. Sometimes she seems to be one of the most sensible and humble members of the extended family, sometimes she’s a mess.

The fact that she and Andrew raised two daughters who are fun loving and friendly isn’t surprising to me. What does surprise me is that both Beatrice and Eugenie also seem consistently mature and clear headed, much more so than either of their parents.

What does surprise me is that both Beatrice and Eugenie also seem consistently mature and clear headed, much more so than either of their parents.

Maybe that's why. Probably the ran for help to their grandmother The Queen and that advice and her example taught them to become mature and independant. I think they only fear the papers when one of their parents or both did a new misstep. Otherwise you can only laugh about the "reports" on them...

Sarah, to me, is just one of those totally spontaneous kinds of people that sometimes doesn't think before talking. One thing I've never gotten from Sarah though is that she ever did anything or said anything to cause harm to someone else. She has a huge heart.

The fact that she and Andrew raised two daughters who are fun loving and friendly isn’t surprising to me. What does surprise me is that both Beatrice and Eugenie also seem consistently mature and clear headed, much more so than either of their parents.

Perhaps they’ve learned from their parents mistakes. They’ve had some, unfortunately, very public examples of what not to do.

I didn’t get the sense she was trying to compare her difficulties with Mandela’s suffering. I thought she was saying that, if someone like Nelson Mandela can move forward despite an enormous amount of pain and suffering, then someone in her own position, with trials that are trivial in comparison, should be able to do the same.

Sarah is all over the place. Sometimes she seems to be one of the most sensible and humble members of the extended family, sometimes she’s a mess.

Yes I agree she wasn't trying to directly compare the stories and I don't think she meant anything maliciously. I just rolled my eyes a little considering that was a mess of her own making and she had openly been saying she wanted to stay away from anything that could be controversial or make the wrong headlines.

I think the recent interviews do seem to capture both parts of her. It is clear that whilst she has learned a lot she also wants to be more high profile again with her various projects. And that often leads her into trouble.

Their daughters really do do them a lot of credit and I have been particularly impressed that they've resisted any temptation to do interviews to "put the record straight" about both their media portrayal or the parents scandals and have just got on with their lives. As a result we see them getting married, having babies and seemingly be very happy and occasionally popping up to support their patronages. That goes a long way to help them.

How dares she ? Anything to be in the news again.

Sarah, to me, is just one of those totally spontaneous kinds of people that sometimes doesn't think before talking. One thing I've never gotten from Sarah though is that she ever did anything or said anything to cause harm to someone else. She has a huge heart.

Absolutely. The only person Sarah has ever really hurt is herself.

After a certain age, there comes some kind of dignity in being able to bounce back and be resilient, as Sarah has been, and as demonstrated by these recent interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom