The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 01:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I haven't seen anything indicating either party (Edo and former fiancee) has any lacking character. We don't know the inside details to that relationship. That's between them.

I figure Beatrice is old enough to know what she's doing..and she has a number of folks looking at things that she will most likely listen to if there's an issue.

She and Edo have known each other for years, the families apparently know each other...she's not 20 and starry eyed. By the time they marry (IF they marry next year) they will have been dating/living together well over a year or almost 2 years if they marry in fall. We don't know exactly when they started dating I don't think.
I have to agree with this. Relationships begin and end for a multitude of different possible reasons. Better they found out it wasn't going to work for the two of them rather than go through a divorce. Or worse, staying together because of a child or because it just is easier that way.

I think the one thing that does point to Edo and Beatrice being in a happy marriage is that they've been friends for so long first. The euphoric feeling of first falling in love and being together tends to fade and either the relationship grows into something deeper or it doesn't grow at all and both are dissatisfied with the relationship.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 07-28-2019, 01:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdqxxx View Post
Wary of baby mama's? Apparently Dara and her family are very respectable people, highly educated, well-off, and well-known in their professions, not exactly looking for a meal-ticket, or to trap anyone. Edo apparently was pleased to announce his engagement publicly and claim her, so I would imagine his family approved, as well as hers. Speculating that it's 'baby-mama's causing future trouble & drama seems harsh. So far, if anything, it appears his character is lacking. If he had broken up with Dara respectfully, I'm sure there would be no problem. It appears opportunistic to jump suddenly from one relationship into another one so soon...
I totally agree with you. Dara fully expected to marry Edo before he dropped her for Bea and she was devastated when he broke off their engagement. She certainly wasn't some little strumpet who fell pregnant to try and trap him into marriage.

Old 07-28-2019, 02:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
I totally agree with you. Dara fully expected to marry Edo before he dropped her for Bea and she was devastated when he broke off their engagement. She certainly wasn't some little strumpet who fell pregnant to try and trap him into marriage.
I don't believe she was trying to trap him, but at her age, she might have been thinking about that biological clock, and simply decided not to wait any longer.

As for Beatrice knowing what she is doing, I hope she does, but her track record isn't great.

In any case, I don't believe the York girls will ever be working royals unless William needs them.
The public already gripes that too many royals are funded by the taxpayer, and I think Charles isn't likely to add any more.
Old 07-28-2019, 02:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
This is a tale oft told through the years. Boy meets girl. Boy and girl fall in love. Boy and girl mess around. Girl tells boy she's pregnant and boy is expected to make "an honest woman out of her". Wedding bells ring. Then baby makes three, four or more. I know the story well. I lived it for 20 years and both of us moved on and actually found our own real Mr. Right and Mrs. Right. Marry for the wrong reasons and you end up missing the right person. In the long run, its not worth it. The question we don't know the answer to is "would Dara and Edo have gotten engaged if she didn't get pregnant?. That's a heck of a question and always stick in the back of a pregnant bride's mind. Did he marry me for love or because I was pregnant?

Marry in haste, repent in leisure is the name of that game.

If Beatrice and Edo are contemplating marriage and family, there's a lot to take into consideration before either of them commit to an engagement. The big consideration is the idea of an "instant family" for Beatrice. Will everyone be on the same page as far as parenting (Dara has to be considered too as Wolfie's mom)? This is why I'm actually glad to hear that they're living together and dipping their toes into what marriage would be like.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

Old 07-28-2019, 03:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't believe she was trying to trap him, but at her age, she might have been thinking about that biological clock, and simply decided not to wait any longer.

As for Beatrice knowing what she is doing, I hope she does, but her track record isn't great.

In any case, I don't believe the York girls will ever be working royals unless William needs them.
The public already gripes that too many royals are funded by the taxpayer, and I think Charles isn't likely to add any more.
Huh? Beatrice has one long term relationship behind her. This is her second. There is no track record to speak of.
Old 07-28-2019, 03:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

Her track record? She had a almost 10 year relationship that ended. She's hardly a serial dater.

LaRae
Old 07-28-2019, 03:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Huh? Beatrice has one long term relationship behind her. This is her second. There is no track record to speak of.
You're forgetting her first serious boyfriend.
The one her parents loved, until they found out about the prison record.
Old 07-28-2019, 05:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

She's 30 years old and had 2 serious relationships ....that is not a bad track record.

LaRae
Old 07-28-2019, 05:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

And in track meets, you win some and you lose some. Its not how fast you run or how much stamina and endurance one has but a combination of all three so one crosses the finish line. I often refer to my first marriage as a test run. Took 20 years but still a test run.

A relationship is also very individualized. Takes a lot of teamwork. Beatrice spent 10 years practicing for the big race and perhaps she's ready to cross that finish line but with Edo instead of Dave.

We don't know what's right for her or what is wrong for her as we don't know her personally. We're not matchmakers from days gone by. What makes this discussion so interesting is that we're looking at it from a lot of different perspectives and giving our opinions on what we see.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
She's 30 years old and had 2 serious relationships ....that is not a bad track record.

LaRae
Three.
The first BF went on vacation with the Yorks, and he said Beatrice had intended to present him to the Queen.

So it may have been quite serious, although she was only 17 at the time.
Old 07-28-2019, 07:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Three.
The first BF went on vacation with the Yorks, and he said Beatrice had intended to present him to the Queen.

That's what he later said, because he couldn't be lying obviously, I really doubt he was ever going to meet the Queen even if she had said it. It was probably her first relationship when she was very young and got nowhere near in the same galaxy as her relationship with Dave or Edo. That said, even a bad relationship at that age teaches you something.

As for his ex fiancťe, it makes me even more uncomfortable to be speculating on her reasons for becoming pregnant. She did and they were together for a while. It's probably a good thing they broke up at this stage rather than go through with a marriage but we'll never know the full story. Nor Beatrice's with Dave for that matter. They shouldn't rush especially because of the young kid but an engagement next year (if that's what they want) is a reasonable time frame.
Old 07-28-2019, 11:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdqxxx View Post
Wary of baby mama's? Apparently Dara and her family are very respectable people, highly educated, well-off, and well-known in their professions, not exactly looking for a meal-ticket, or to trap anyone. Edo apparently was pleased to announce his engagement publicly and claim her, so I would imagine his family approved, as well as hers. Speculating that it's 'baby-mama's causing future trouble & drama seems harsh. So far, if anything, it appears his character is lacking. If he had broken up with Dara respectfully, I'm sure there would be no problem. It appears opportunistic to jump suddenly from one relationship into another one so soon...
Iíve seen no evidence that he was disrespectful when he broke up with her. Nor do we know when the couple realized that the relationship was not going to work.
Iíve seen no source verifying that there was a public announcement of any engagement - unlike the announcement of Edoís sisterís engagement Mr T. Yeomans and Miss N. Mapelli Mozzi - Engagements Announcements - Telegraph Announcements
Her family seemed to assume they would marry based on their interviews with the press, but thereís no evidence that he ever asked her to marry him or gave Wolfieís mom a ring. She did get pregnant very early in her relationship with Edo, they apparently remained a couple through the pregnancy and for some time thereafter, but we really have no idea when they stopped being a couple but continued to co-parent or why they didnít ever marry.
There are many possibilities for when and why the relationship ended, best to not fault either party or cast aspersions on eitherís character since we know nothing IMO.
Old 07-30-2019, 06:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Three.

Ok so even if you want to count 3 ....3 serious relationships (one of which was at least 8 years or so) in 15 years is a bad track record?

LaRae
Old 07-30-2019, 10:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Ok so even if you want to count 3 ....3 serious relationships (one of which was at least 8 years or so) in 15 years is a bad track record?

LaRae
I wasn't thinking so much of the number as I was of the quality of the men.
(The jury's out on Edo, but the other two? )
Old 07-30-2019, 11:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sometimes its true that you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince. I actually think its better for anyone to have had a few serious relationships before deciding on "the one" rather than never have experienced a relationship with anyone other than the one they committed to in marriage.

Its different though for everybody. Friend of mine knew she'd be with the guy she's married to in the 6th grade where some friends have changed marriage partners like they change their underwear.

Old 07-31-2019, 01:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I wasn't thinking so much of the number as I was of the quality of the men.
(The jury's out on Edo, but the other two? )
If the first one was while she was still a teen then really what do you expect?

Dave was around over 8 years..so he must of had some good qualities. We don't know how or why that relationship ended.

I've not seen anything about Edo so far to make me think he is bad.

LaRae
Old 09-03-2019, 03:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Hereís an article from todayís New York Times:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/02/r...e=sectionfront

In it, Edo describes his career and the property business he has developed. He seems very bright and charming, and the flats are to die for! Iím Team Edo now.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-03-2019, 04:07 AM
Courtier

Yes he's very charming but he seems totally insensitive to the plight of ordinary British people who don't have at least £5million to spend on a property. He's relishing the prospect of the pound crashing & properties losing 20% of their value, which will wipe out the capital that many people with mortgages have in their homes & push many thousands of recent buyers into negative equity. He should pipe down about how he's hoping to be enriched by other people's misery.
Old 09-03-2019, 05:07 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
Yes he's very charming but he seems totally insensitive to the plight of ordinary British people who don't have at least £5million to spend on a property. He's relishing the prospect of the pound crashing & properties losing 20% of their value, which will wipe out the capital that many people with mortgages have in their homes & push many thousands of recent buyers into negative equity. He should pipe down about how he's hoping to be enriched by other people's misery.
Not quite. All he is saying is that as sterling is (or may be even) softer, there is / may be more value in London residential property than when the pound was stronger.
Old 09-03-2019, 05:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
The plight of ordinary people wasn’t even discussed in the article. I don’t follow how talking about your business’s focus on a niche clientele translates to being insensitive to another demographic. If I asked an expensive sports car salesman if he was worried about his business because of the country’s economic problems, and he said he wasn’t worried about his business because his customers weren’t effected by the economic issues, how can that be insensitive to ordinary people? Just as ordinary people aren’t going to be buying expensive sports cars even when the economy is doing great, ordinary people aren’t going to be buying Edo’s properties.
The section of the article which was about economics was very poorly written, to the point of being confusing. I think Edo was explaining that although currently London real estate is down and the pound is down and due to Brexit economic concerns now is a problematic time to be in the property business, his business model is geared to owner occupants rather than to investors and that unlike investors, owner occupants will still buy because although the pound is down, they can still get more for their money because real estate is also down. At least that’s the interpretation that made the most sense to me.
How is he hoping to be enriched by other people’s misery? His company focuses on converting non residential buildings into apartments. The property the article focused on was previously a four star hotel, not ordinary people’s housing. The other property mentioned was previously a bakery. He’s not a bank forcing people out of their homes for not paying their mortgage, he’s not a flipper scooping up repossessed properties - tarting them up & then selling them for a profit. He states he’s converting buildings in less than prime locations into luxury residential units & that there’s a market for that despite the current economic climate.

Closed Thread