Princess Beatrice: Relationships Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes me more excited is her wedding gown and tiara.

:previous:
Me too.

I wonder if she'll borrow a tiara from the Queen, as Eugenie did?
Or wear the York tiara (provided her mother still has it).

Beatrice and Edo haven't even been dating a year and are not yet engaged, but you all are planning the wedding already.:lol:

Wedding Fever!!

Seriously, I hope Beatrice is happy in her love life and if Edo is the one, I don't think they will have a long courtship.
And the wedding will be in Windsor.

:previous:
Me too.

I wonder if she'll borrow a tiara from the Queen, as Eugenie did?
Or wear the York tiara (provided her mother still has it).

I'm certain she will borrow given the resurfacing of the two hidden tiaras in last year's weddings namely, Queen Mary's Diamond Bandeau and Greville Emerald Kokoshnik Tiara.

I'd love to see other hidden tiaras on Bea's head for her wedding.

My top 3 picks are:

1 Queen Mary's Sapphire Tiara
2 Teck Hoop Necklace Tiara
3 Teck Crescent Tiara

Beatrice and Edo haven't even been dating a year and are not yet engaged, but you all are planning the wedding already.:lol:

Wedding Fever!!

Seriously, I hope Beatrice is happy in her love life and if Edo is the one, I don't think they will have a long courtship.

This made me laugh!!! Yes!!! Wedding fever is real!

What about the wedding occurring at York Minster? Princess Beatrice is Princess Beatrice of York.

York Minster has been discussed several times throughout this thread, and the consensus seems to be that there is no reason Beatrice would be married there. She has no connection to York or York Minster, despite being "of York." The "of York" in her title is a reference to her father's dukedom, not a designation of her own.

Wedding Fever!!

Everyone loves planning weddings, especially if it's a royal wedding ?

Wedding Fever!!

I have to agree with you. From the little we know, it appears to be early days for Beatrice and Edo. I hope they have the time and space to make this important decision, and do not feel pressurised into make a hurried decision.

That said, my two bits on potential wedding venues:

> I think, in recent years, it is clear that St George's is the "established" venue for weddings of non-main line royals. There will always be exceptions like Zara marrying elsewhere.

> York Minster: Lovely venue, but highly unlikely IMO. Outside of title, the bride and her family do not have much of a connection to the church or the city. There are no country houses close by that they have a direct connection to.

> Westminster Cathedral: I would have thought unlikely that Beatrice would marry in a catholic service. Personally, I do not think the London venue would be a problem per se.

I'm certain she will borrow given the resurfacing of the two hidden tiaras in last year's weddings namely, Queen Mary's Diamond Bandeau and Greville Emerald Kokoshnik Tiara.

I'd love to see other hidden tiaras on Bea's head for her wedding.

My top 3 picks are:

1 Queen Mary's Sapphire Tiara
2 Teck Hoop Necklace Tiara
3 Teck Crescent Tiara

Some thoughts on Beatrice's potential wedding tiara:

> I think Beatrice will honour her mother and wear Sarah's tiara at her wedding, and establish that as the "York" tiara going forward.

> The Teck Crescent tiara is a difficult tiara to wear, and not one easily suited to current hair styles. For an unexperienced tiara wearer, it may not be the one to make a public tiara debut with. Further, it is meant to be a long term loan to Camilla, and not in HM's possession.

> The Teck Hoop necklace tiara is now meant to be owned by the Snowden's, so it is unlikely, IMO, that BEatrice would borrow it from them.

I hope that Beatrice might want to wear the diamond fringe that HM and Anne wore on their wedding days. That or have the London Fringe necklace put on a tiara frame for her wedding. It's a style that might suit her very well and also evoke her lookalike G-G-G-G grandmother Queen Victoria.

I just don't see Beatrice wearing a scroll or festoon or floral type of diamond tiara. I don't think that kind of busy design suits her.

I agree!
In fact, I don't see the problem with granting such titles.
It's not like money or property goes along with them; it's just the name, and it simply sounds better!
So why would doing do create public resentment?

Assuming you pay attention to the news, you should kinda know the answer to this. People are fed up with establishment and privilige.

That may be, but it created no public resentment when Meghan Markle became a royal duchess only last year, and likewise, had Princess Beatrice been a man, his wife would presumably have become HRH Princess Bertie of York without a crisis in public opinion.

Would there be a remote possiblity that his title would be incorporated into the British nobility just like the Dutch Bourbon-Parma princes and princesses were incorporated into Dutch nobility?!

A good piece on foreign noble titles being (or not being) acknowledged in the United Kingdom:

https://www.heraldica.org/topics/britain/foreigntitles.htm

Obviously, the status quo for the past 80 or so years has been that those who become naturalised Britons cannot expect their titles to be recognised. Though, there is nothing to keep people from using them socially.

Apart from that, the fact that Mr. Mapelli Mozzi's prospective title is not acknowledged officially anywhere in the world might pose another problem for recognition.

Would there be a remote possiblity that his title would be incorporated into the British nobility just like the Dutch Bourbon-Parma princes and princesses were incorporated into Dutch nobility?!

Incorporation is not possible in the United Kingdom which BTW doesn't have a nobility in the Italian or Dutch sense. The Queen could, however, create a new British peerage for Beatrice's husband.

That is unlikely, however, following Anne's and Eugenie's precedents.

That was exactly my first thought. His eyes are always on the cameras.

Then I reflected that photographers will have been screaming his name, and it must take a great deal of practice to become accustomed to not turning towards that, even for a split second. So in fairness to Edo, while it looks like he is always turning to the cameras, it could also be that he is just reacting to his name being called and we are being shown the snap of the one second he looks over before remembering himself. So while my intuition, like yours, says something is off, I caught myself this morning when judging him based on these moments in pictures from the wedding (and other occasions).
Yes, every time I've seen edo, I felt distrust. Added to idea of his apparently abrupt break with child's mother, which doesn't look good. Break-ups are fine...but respectful Break-ups! However, I will suspend judgment, unless I see it is his habit to court the camera.

Agree...the abruptness of Edo's split with child's mother is of concern and he seemed to be involved with Bea too quickly on the heels of such a serious event involving child. However, I feel they will announce by Christmas, bc what the point of having a casual relationship at their age and state?

Agreed re step-mother designation. I have always heard of man's current wife called 'step-mother' in referencing relations between man's wife, and any children he may have from former relationships.

The pictures confirm Beado. The ex Dara is going to be around because she and Edo have a child together. Dara said she moved on but I am leery of baby mamas, especially those who claimed to be the woman wronged. I hope Dara doesn't weaponize their son to get back at them.
Wary of baby mama's? Apparently Dara and her family are very respectable people, highly educated, well-off, and well-known in their professions, not exactly looking for a meal-ticket, or to trap anyone. Edo apparently was pleased to announce his engagement publicly and claim her, so I would imagine his family approved, as well as hers. Speculating that it's 'baby-mama's causing future trouble & drama seems harsh. So far, if anything, it appears his character is lacking. If he had broken up with Dara respectfully, I'm sure there would be no problem. It appears opportunistic to jump suddenly from one relationship into another one so soon...

I think it's great that they're being recognised as doing something other than partying and holidaying, and their parents substitute punching bags. It used to be you'd only know anything about Eugenie's patronages and other charity work through her Instagram, it was reported nowhere else, now it is. That said I do think it's been part of a deliberate York PR push since the success of the wedding - lots of very sympathetic articles about the family as a whole in Hello! and People.
Andrew and Charles are said to have very different ideas about the future of the York girls. They no longer have security as they don't have public duties, and I don't see Charles wanting to add them to the paid ongoing working Royals, since we already have two future monarchs in waiting, there should be sufficient coverage without additions. Charles may also see the York girls participation as a package deal inevitably including further Press and attention for Fergie.

I haven't seen anything indicating either party (Edo and former fiancee) has any lacking character. We don't know the inside details to that relationship. That's between them.

I figure Beatrice is old enough to know what she's doing..and she has a number of folks looking at things that she will most likely listen to if there's an issue.

She and Edo have known each other for years, the families apparently know each other...she's not 20 and starry eyed. By the time they marry (IF they marry next year) they will have been dating/living together well over a year or almost 2 years if they marry in fall. We don't know exactly when they started dating I don't think.

LaRae

I haven't seen anything indicating either party (Edo and former fiancee) has any lacking character. We don't know the inside details to that relationship. That's between them.

I figure Beatrice is old enough to know what she's doing..and she has a number of folks looking at things that she will most likely listen to if there's an issue.

She and Edo have known each other for years, the families apparently know each other...she's not 20 and starry eyed. By the time they marry (IF they marry next year) they will have been dating/living together well over a year or almost 2 years if they marry in fall. We don't know exactly when they started dating I don't think.

I have to agree with this. Relationships begin and end for a multitude of different possible reasons. Better they found out it wasn't going to work for the two of them rather than go through a divorce. Or worse, staying together because of a child or because it just is easier that way.

I think the one thing that does point to Edo and Beatrice being in a happy marriage is that they've been friends for so long first. The euphoric feeling of first falling in love and being together tends to fade and either the relationship grows into something deeper or it doesn't grow at all and both are dissatisfied with the relationship.

Wary of baby mama's? Apparently Dara and her family are very respectable people, highly educated, well-off, and well-known in their professions, not exactly looking for a meal-ticket, or to trap anyone. Edo apparently was pleased to announce his engagement publicly and claim her, so I would imagine his family approved, as well as hers. Speculating that it's 'baby-mama's causing future trouble & drama seems harsh. So far, if anything, it appears his character is lacking. If he had broken up with Dara respectfully, I'm sure there would be no problem. It appears opportunistic to jump suddenly from one relationship into another one so soon...

I totally agree with you. Dara fully expected to marry Edo before he dropped her for Bea and she was devastated when he broke off their engagement. She certainly wasn't some little strumpet who fell pregnant to try and trap him into marriage.

I totally agree with you. Dara fully expected to marry Edo before he dropped her for Bea and she was devastated when he broke off their engagement. She certainly wasn't some little strumpet who fell pregnant to try and trap him into marriage.

I don't believe she was trying to trap him, but at her age, she might have been thinking about that biological clock, and simply decided not to wait any longer.

As for Beatrice knowing what she is doing, I hope she does, but her track record isn't great.

In any case, I don't believe the York girls will ever be working royals unless William needs them.
The public already gripes that too many royals are funded by the taxpayer, and I think Charles isn't likely to add any more.

This is a tale oft told through the years. Boy meets girl. Boy and girl fall in love. Boy and girl mess around. Girl tells boy she's pregnant and boy is expected to make "an honest woman out of her". Wedding bells ring. Then baby makes three, four or more. I know the story well. I lived it for 20 years and both of us moved on and actually found our own real Mr. Right and Mrs. Right. Marry for the wrong reasons and you end up missing the right person. In the long run, its not worth it. The question we don't know the answer to is "would Dara and Edo have gotten engaged if she didn't get pregnant?. That's a heck of a question and always stick in the back of a pregnant bride's mind. Did he marry me for love or because I was pregnant?

Marry in haste, repent in leisure is the name of that game. :D

If Beatrice and Edo are contemplating marriage and family, there's a lot to take into consideration before either of them commit to an engagement. The big consideration is the idea of an "instant family" for Beatrice. Will everyone be on the same page as far as parenting (Dara has to be considered too as Wolfie's mom)? This is why I'm actually glad to hear that they're living together and dipping their toes into what marriage would be like.

I don't believe she was trying to trap him, but at her age, she might have been thinking about that biological clock, and simply decided not to wait any longer.

As for Beatrice knowing what she is doing, I hope she does, but her track record isn't great.

In any case, I don't believe the York girls will ever be working royals unless William needs them.
The public already gripes that too many royals are funded by the taxpayer, and I think Charles isn't likely to add any more.
Huh? Beatrice has one long term relationship behind her. This is her second. There is no track record to speak of.

Her track record? She had a almost 10 year relationship that ended. She's hardly a serial dater.

LaRae

Huh? Beatrice has one long term relationship behind her. This is her second. There is no track record to speak of.

You're forgetting her first serious boyfriend.
The one her parents loved, until they found out about the prison record.

She's 30 years old and had 2 serious relationships ....that is not a bad track record.

LaRae

:previous: And in track meets, you win some and you lose some. Its not how fast you run or how much stamina and endurance one has but a combination of all three so one crosses the finish line. I often refer to my first marriage as a test run. Took 20 years but still a test run. :lol:

A relationship is also very individualized. Takes a lot of teamwork. Beatrice spent 10 years practicing for the big race and perhaps she's ready to cross that finish line but with Edo instead of Dave.

We don't know what's right for her or what is wrong for her as we don't know her personally. We're not matchmakers from days gone by. What makes this discussion so interesting is that we're looking at it from a lot of different perspectives and giving our opinions on what we see.

She's 30 years old and had 2 serious relationships ....that is not a bad track record.

LaRae

Three.
The first BF went on vacation with the Yorks, and he said Beatrice had intended to present him to the Queen.

So it may have been quite serious, although she was only 17 at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom