Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Great news,a royal wedsing to look forward
Congratulations to the couple

Old 09-26-2019, 02:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
He is likewise just Mr. Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi in the eyes of the Italian government (see the link above in message #78 as well as the Constitution of Italy).

However, the lack of official recognition is probably not the reason for not using the title, as the British Court has always been amenable to using titles which have no official recognition. For example, the guest list for the 2011 royal wedding service lists "King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie of the Hellenes", among other abolished titles.
So presumably the British Court doesn't use the title because Edo himself doesn't?

Old 09-26-2019, 02:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Louise and James are from the next generation, not this.
No, Louise & James are first cousins with Peter, Zara, William, Harry, Beatrice & Eugenie so same generation.
Old 09-26-2019, 02:57 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
So presumably the British Court doesn't use the title because Edo himself doesn't?
Its not legally recognised in the UK.
Old 09-26-2019, 03:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow, I’m very surprised by this. With Harry and Meghan I was sure they would get engaged as soon as she moved to The UK, Eugenie and Jack were totally expected, but with Beatrice and Edo I thought they would wait until 2020 and a wedding in 2021.
I like Beatrice and I hope this is the real deal for her. And of course, I can't wait to see the dress and tiara.
Old 09-26-2019, 03:06 PM
Commoner

Its a good age for Bea to have some time as newlyweds then start a family
Old 09-26-2019, 03:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mey View Post
Its not legally recognised in the UK.
Yes, we've discussed that. But see Tatiana Marie's previous post which points out that the British Court uses other titles that aren't officially recognized (or example King of the Hellenes). That's who my question was directed to.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post2255543
Old 09-26-2019, 03:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Congrats to the couple!

It's rather quick (although it seems they've known each other for a long time) and with a young boy in the midst of it, I hope all will be well for all involved (including Wolfie's parents being on speaking terms - it has been a bit more quiet over the last several months, so hopefully that means the issues they clearly had are somehow resolved).
Old 09-26-2019, 03:40 PM
Serene Highness

Edo's caption in his Instagram post:

'You will never be alone my love, my heart is your home. Hand in hand, today, tomorrow and forever. ��'

Such a sweet dashing man.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B23wOreghd7/
Old 09-26-2019, 04:17 PM
Majesty

fantastic news! delighted for beatrice and looking forward to the next royal wedding! i assume we will see something similar to eugenie's wedding in windsor, or they may wish to do something a bit different given that both eugenie and jack and harry and meghan recently married there - who knows, but can't wait to hear more.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
I don't know but if he habitually used it in social or professional settings I think the Yorks would have used it. It's an entirely different context (family unity) but Andrew dropped the HRH again so they could again be referred to as The Duke and Duchess of York and not HRH The Duke of York and Sarah, Duchess of York, that's a bit of a fiddle. Does anyone know if his father uses his title at all? He was also referred to as Mr.

I know they've known each other for years but it does seem pretty quick with a young boy in the mix and a break up not long before they started dating but I hope they are happy together.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
fantastic news! delighted for beatrice and looking forward to the next royal wedding! i assume we will see something similar to eugenie's wedding in windsor, or they may wish to do something a bit different given that both eugenie and jack and harry and meghan recently married there - who knows, but can't wait to hear more.
The latest family member to marry at Windsor was Ella Windsor. So, we had 3 royal family weddings within 1 year; adding another within the second year would make it 4!
Old 09-26-2019, 05:41 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I had expected Beatrice and Edo to get engaged some time this year, so I'm happy to hear this news! Congratulations to them
I rather like her engagement ring and love the photos of the two. Nice to see that Eugenie took some of them.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-26-2019, 06:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Congrats to them! Eugenie took lovely pictures, but the black and white really are great shots.
Old 09-26-2019, 06:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
Wow, I’m very surprised by this. With Harry and Meghan I was sure they would get engaged as soon as she moved to The UK, Eugenie and Jack were totally expected, but with Beatrice and Edo I thought they would wait until 2020 and a wedding in 2021.
I like Beatrice and I hope this is the real deal for her. And of course, I can't wait to see the dress and tiara.
Also William and Kate as were totally expected, as well as Zara and Mike.
As for Peter and Autumn, I don't know how long had they known each other before getting engaged; probably among all Queen's grandchildren, their relationship was the most private one.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:09 PM
Majesty

Congratulations to this couple. I hope they will be very happy together.

The BBC Royal correspondent says in this below that the couple 'have been together for about two years', which is a bit of a surprise. Personally I don't think so as the British tabloids would have been onto their dating long before they were, in that case. Plus, what about the breakup with Edo's ex girlfriend and the timing of that? It might well be a bit of gloss over the dating period really being only a year or so.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-49839390
Old 09-26-2019, 07:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pretty sure that's a mis-statement. They started dating last fall sometime but they have known each other since they were kids from what I understand.

LaRae
Old 09-26-2019, 07:21 PM
Majesty

Right. Didn't the news of their dating leak out soon after Eugenie's wedding? It was said then that they had been seeing each other for 'a couple of months', which most probably meant August/September as the start of the romance. Odd thing for the Correspondent to say, though.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm trying to remember but it seems like somewhere along the way it was said they started dating in October so that would of been close to the time of Eugenie's wedding. It could of well be September ...heck he could of been at the wedding party with Beatrice.

I think the reason they aren't getting many negative comments about a fast engagement is because they have known each other socially/been friends for most of their lives. Plus they are 30's...not kids in college.

LaRae
Old 09-26-2019, 07:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Louise and James are from the next generation, not this.
Louise and James are grandchildren of the Queen. They are the same generation as Peter, Zara, William, Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie.

If there had been no announcement in 1999 to not have them styled as male line grandchildren of the monarch they would be TRH Princess Louise and Prince James of Wessex.