Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't take it from people to think for an Italian wedding or whatever you call it. They were engaged in Italy. Even though, Edo was born and raised in the UK, you can't take away the fact that he has Italian roots.

Let's just hope it will be a great wedding. I love Edo and Bea! They both deserve each other.

Edo is a lovely person.❤️

I'm not trying to take anything away from those who think they might get married in Italy, it's a possibility. But Where you get engaged rarely has anything to do with it. Yes he has Italian roots but he's spent his whole life in the UK and has an English mother as well. There was never any serious suggestion that Harry and Meghan would get married in the US or have a second wedding there. Or that The Kent or Gloucester couples would get married in Austria or Denmark because that's where the bride came from. Just throwing that out there.

I'm not trying to take anything away from those who think they might get married in Italy, it's a possibility. But Where you get engaged rarely has anything to do with it. Yes he has Italian roots but he's spent his whole life in the UK and has an English mother as well. There was never any serious suggestion that Harry and Meghan would get married in the US or have a second wedding there. Or that The Kent or Gloucester couples would get married in Austria or Denmark because that's where the bride came from. Just throwing that out there.

This is a suggestion and musings thread, of course, people will give out even the most impossible suggestions. There's no room of seriousness in this thread.

Edo and Bea are a match made in heaven. ❤️

I think the heritage angle that is going to matter most with this couple actually are the living and breathing ones in Beatrice's grandparents with both being in their 90s. I can't imagine Beatrice wanting her wedding to be anywhere that her beloved grandparents couldn't access easily.

Windsor also fits the tradition of the bride being married in her home parish. This is really the similarity between Beatrice's and Pippa's wedding and also Eugenie's. Home parish has much more meaning than territorial titles and past ancestors either British or Italian.

The most important thing though is that wherever they do marry, home is where they'll hang their hearts. It will be a beautiful wedding, I'm sure. ?

This is a suggestion and musings thread, of course, people will give out even the most impossible suggestions. There's no room of seriousness in this thread.

Edo and Bea are a match made in heaven. ❤️

People are obviously allowed and going to throw out all sorts of suggestions or wishes but....

No room for serious suggestions? :eek:

I don't know if they're a match made in heaven as we know very little about them but they do seem happy together so far. It is nice to see her so happy.

Since they’ve announced the engagement in September I’m predicting a spring wedding - March/April.

Since they’ve announced the engagement in September I’m predicting a spring wedding - March/April.

It's hard to predict, W and K announced in November as did H and M and one was in April the other in May. Ella Windsor announced in September and was in May. I get a feeling it will be the end of April/early May.

I'm wondering where they will live afterwards.
Will Beatrice be permitted to keep the apartment in St. James Palace where they live now?

That's a really good question. Off hand, I think they could live just about anywhere they wanted to set up residence. It wouldn't have to be St. James Palace or KP either. The security for Beatrice (to the best of my knowledge) is provided out of pocket by Andrew and not through the Met Police on the taxpayer's dime.

They may stay at St. James or they may even take Nottingham Cottage at KP for a while until they figure out where they'd want their family home to be. It'll be an interesting development to watch. Who knows? They may even opt for NYC. As Beatrice is a private citizen, there are a lot more options than there were for other royal newlyweds recently.

I think Edo moved in with Beatrice at St James a while back...but he is a property guy...they can get their own place if they want to. They have the means and ability.

LaRae

I'm wondering where they will live afterwards.
Will Beatrice be permitted to keep the apartment in St. James Palace where they live now?

Is Princess Beatrice still working in New York?

That's a really good question. Off hand, I think they could live just about anywhere they wanted to set up residence. It wouldn't have to be St. James Palace or KP either. The security for Beatrice (to the best of my knowledge) is provided out of pocket by Andrew and not through the Met Police on the taxpayer's dime.

They may stay at St. James or they may even take Nottingham Cottage at KP for a while until they figure out where they'd want their family home to be. It'll be an interesting development to watch. Who knows? They may even opt for NYC. As Beatrice is a private citizen, there are a lot more options than there were for other royal newlyweds recently.

> Whilst security for Beatrice, when used, is funded privately by Andrew, it will not cost anything in terms of security costs if she stays within the KP or SJP complexes. This may well be her preferred option.

> Given that she is not particularly high up the food chain now, they may well choose to live privately in West London.

> I doubt they would move to NYC, as Edo's business is based in London.

Last edited:
:previous: I wonder why the London bookies are betting on Westminster Abbey? I can see it being a sentimental choice for the bride since her parents wed there, but isn't there an unspoken agreement that the Abbey is reserved for senior Royals?

Harry didn't even get a WA wedding, though he was said to be strongly in favor of Windsor anyway because he and Meghan carried out their courtship there.

But still.....

I think next Wedding in Westmister Abbey will be Prince George's wedding.

There was a rumour that Andrew tried for the Abbey for Eugenie and got shot down by the Queen. Don't know why bookies are favouring it but the record for royal betting is patchy at best.

Windsor is Beatrice's childhood home so that's even more of a connection than Harry and Meghan, if they wanted to go that route.

:previous: Which saddens me for two reasons: Princess Beatrice and Edoardo have done absolutely nothing wrong, and I am more interested in this particular British Royal wedding and couple than any of the other recent ones.:sad::bang:

I appreciate they many not have done anything wrong, but it may just be a reflection of the current environment: commentary about the "excesses" of Eugenie's wedding, Andrew's issues with Epstein, Brexit.....

Well I always thought Beatrice was more bothered about being a royal than Eugenie so if one of them was going to opt for the Abbey I would think it would be Beatrice but equally I think its sort of become the norm for the queens grandchildren (bar William as heir) to marry at st george’s. The only exception was Zara who married at the “equivalent” in Edinburgh as it was over summer and HM was at Balmoral.

:previous: I wonder why the London bookies are betting on Westminster Abbey? I can see it being a sentimental choice for the bride since her parents wed there, but isn't there an unspoken agreement that the Abbey is reserved for senior Royals?

Harry didn't even get a WA wedding, though he was said to be strongly in favor of Windsor anyway because he and Meghan carried out their courtship there.

But still.....

Maybe the bookies are trying to work up interest in an alternative to St. George's?

Because, much as I would wish it otherwise, I will be amazed if the wedding takes place anywhere other than Windsor.
It's the venue easiest for Beatrice's grandparents and has facilities for the reception and after-parties.

But- I doubt they'll repeat that controversial carriage ride through Windsor.

Why is the carriage ride controversial?
The couple wants to share their happiness with the viewers.

It required extra security paid for by the British public as it went through the streets of Windsor.

I am wondering whether the bookies are going for WA because in each pair of grandchildren the younger has had the less grand church - St George's is grander than the Canongate Kirk (one holds 800 while the other only 400); WA is grander than St Georges and Eugenie has had the 'younger sibling's' venue.

Personally I do think it will be St George's but I did notice that the bookies also had St James' on the list. As this is where Beatrice and Edo live at the moment it would be a nice place for them.

The question of costs and security comes into it. And we don't even know if this wedding will be televised. The BBC didn't want to show Eugenie's nuptials, and it was only at Andrew's insistence that ITV agreed to add it to their morning programming.

Personally I do think it will be St George's but I did notice that the bookies also had St James' on the list. As this is where Beatrice and Edo live at the moment it would be a nice place for them.

Wouldn't St. James be too small?

Wouldn't St. James be too small?
That depends on how big of a wedding they want. During Victoria and Albert's wedding about 300 people could be squeezed into the chapel. When you think of that she had 12 bridesmaids and all the ladies wore crinolines I'm sure an equal number of guests could be accommodated today.

I also think Wedding at St. Georgs Chapel in early May. What i noticed however is that in the case of Eugenie and Jack together with the engagement it was annoucned that the wedding would take opalce in autumn at. st. Georgs Chapel. No mention of a wedding Venue now with the egagement annoucment for Beatrice and Edo.

My guess Beatrice is exploring the venues now. It have to be booked in advance.

Do you all think for some reason Beatrice is going to be wearing a period costume? That's way past vintage! lol

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom