Andrew's future outside of the working BRF

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The hatred for Andrew is palpable these days in the UK. The media would have a field day if he tried to do anything - even going to Windsor to ride and see his mother was criticised by the media and public

There always had to be a good prince vs. the bad prince and as Edward definately was good and Charles had to be the super-good one as the future king (after he was happily married), Andrew had to become the bad one and he surely did a good job himself for the media. Now that Charles is king, it's surely going Andrew vs. Edward, so there is no hope for him at all. In the UK.

But he must have lots of money. All that scheming with his job as trade ambassadour, his fortunate selling of his estate. his "entrances" sold through Sarah (and that is only what we know), plus his inheritance from his parents (after he already had inherited some money from the Queen Mum) - he must be well-off.

And there must be places in the world he could like to live. Where he could be a part of a community which doesn't care for what he did or what is claimed that he did and only looks at him to see if he fits. Maybe in Dubai, maybe two homes in Switzerland or Italy, one in the mountains and one at a lake like Maggiore, Como or Garda. He would be a gentleman, ex-officer who would fit right in there. Or in the Austrian Alps, lovely lakes there as well. Good food and an endless supply of great wines. I'm sure the late queen (who had such an enormous private estate from the revenue of the Duchy of Lancaster - which owns a third of London real estate AFAIK) took care of her son in a good way, especially after what she had to do to him as the souvereign. So he can afford to live in style somewhere the British media doesn't follow him. Invite his daughters and their families.

A bit like The Duke of Windsor or Prince Harry.

There always had to be a good prince vs. the bad prince and as Edward definately was good and Charles had to be the super-good one as the future king (after he was happily married), Andrew had to become the bad one and he surely did a good job himself for the media. Now that Charles is king, it's surely going Andrew vs. Edward, so there is no hope for him at all. In the UK.

But he must have lots of money. All that scheming with his job as trade ambassadour, his fortunate selling of his estate. his "entrances" sold through Sarah (and that is only what we know), plus his inheritance from his parents (after he already had inherited some money from the Queen Mum) - he must be well-off.

And there must be places in the world he could like to live. Where he could be a part of a community which doesn't care for what he did or what is claimed that he did and only looks at him to see if he fits. Maybe in Dubai, maybe two homes in Switzerland or Italy, one in the mountains and one at a lake like Maggiore, Como or Garda. He would be a gentleman, ex-officer who would fit right in there. Or in the Austrian Alps, lovely lakes there as well. Good food and an endless supply of great wines. I'm sure the late queen (who had such an enormous private estate from the revenue of the Duchy of Lancaster - which owns a third of London real estate AFAIK) took care of her son in a good way, especially after what she had to do to him as the souvereign. So he can afford to live in style somewhere the British media doesn't follow him. Invite his daughters and their families.

Perhaps Andrew could join JuanCarlos in Abu Dhabi!

If he could humble himself enough, he could assist the archivists and historians at the Windsor archive - maybe 2/3 days a week. I'm sure there will be loads of photos and documents from his parents that will need sorting & preserving. He'd have to take a subservient role of course but he could make himself useful and could even do some training.

He could train as a Samaritan (that would humble him) and commit one day a week to that.

He could assist the estate staff at Windsor doing 'behind the scenes' work one day a week.

He could learn photography and produce prints of the Windsor estate anonymously - proceeds to charity of course.

There's plenty he COULD do but whether he'd humble himself enough to take a low profile, low status role is another matter.

These are all excellent ideas.

And regarding photography, Andrew is already a talented photographer.

The old saying goes, "Idle hands are the devil's workshop." I agree that he needs something to occupy his time, otherwise, he'll be apt to do something dumb or say something dumb, and the BRF doesn't need that added headache, not right now. I have to imagine that somewhere in the back of Charles' mind, he's thought about what to do with Andrew.

Perhaps Andrew could join JuanCarlos in Abu Dhabi!

That's funny and yet a great idea! Abu Dhabi becoming the hangout location for troubled Royals. Make room for Thailand's King exes and Vittorio Emmanuelle of Savoy, too.

That's funny and yet a great idea! Abu Dhabi becoming the hangout location for troubled Royals. Make room for Thailand's King exes and Vittorio Emmanuelle of Savoy, too.

So a sort of detention camp for royals, great idea.

I think King Charles could deploy Andrew to great effect.

If Harry's book gets the green light for a winter 2023 publication date, the family can set up Andrew as a publicity decoy. It would have to be well-timed, of course. He can be on the TV show The Masked Singer. Or how about a video series on regaining physical fitness later in life, featuring the Duke doing some yoga and light cardio?

Andrew doesn't have many options, and a lighter self-deprecating approach that uses his huge name recognition to sideswipe Harry's book launch might be just the thing.

sorry but are you being sarcastic? I dont mean to be rude but I can't imagine anyone would believe that Andrew can be rehabilitated. Andrew has virtually no hope of ever recovering from the situation he is in, with no one being willing ot work with him. And Certainly, Charles would not dream IM sure of trying to use him as a working royal.

Last edited:

Ok, this is even funnier to American audiences of a certain age who grew up watching Garfield and Friends. Abu Dhabi is where Garfield mails those who annoy him, and he has a song about it.

The old saying goes, "Idle hands are the devil's workshop." I agree that he needs something to occupy his time, otherwise, he'll be apt to do something dumb or say something dumb, and the BRF doesn't need that added headache, not right now. I have to imagine that somewhere in the back of Charles' mind, he's thought about what to do with Andrew.

he won't say anything dumb because he's at Windsor, rarely goes out and you've seen what happened when he went out ot his mother's funeral. He got aggro from some of the public. OK Andrew's not smart but he can harly fail to be aware that a lot of hte public despise him and that only by keeping within his family and private circle can hbe be reasonably safe from harrassment. He is certianly not going to speak to the press, and will lead a quiet and private life.

he won't say anything dumb because he's at Windsor, rarely goes out and you've seen what happened when he went out ot his mother's funeral. He got aggro from some of the public. OK Andrew's not smart but he can harly fail to be aware that a lot of hte public despise him and that only by keeping within his family and private circle can hbe be reasonably safe from harrassment. He is certianly not going to speak to the press, and will lead a quiet and private life.

He needs to do something. Everyone does. And if he’s not a life of the mind kinda guy and I guess reading is out. He needs to be interesting in riding/golf/photographs or whatever to keep himself busy. [.....]

Last edited by a moderator:
He needs to do something. Everyone does. And if he’s not a life of the mind kinda guy and I guess reading is out. He needs to be interesting in riding/golf/photographs or whatever to keep himself busy. [.....]

He is interested in these things but they are hobbies. He's still a relativley young man and to lose his work must be a punishment for him. I think that when his mother was alive he was pleased to be able to keep her compnay and she was glad to see him, and that was his role for a bit but now she's gone. I dont think he's all that likely to be an active grandpa, and spend a lot of time with the kids.. so its hard to see what he can do.

So he can afford to live in style somewhere the British media doesn't follow him. Invite his daughters and their families.

I can’t see him immediately uprooting the corgis to a foreign country. If Eugenie is likely to remain in Portugal perhaps that would appeal, but I can’t really see it. Most of the reporting on the corgis states that Andrew and Beatrice promised The Queen that they would take them, not Eugenie, so I think he’s staying in the UK for the next decade at least. Beatrice is the one least able to decide to follow her father abroad, if that was what she wanted to do. There is a blended family involved. Andrew isn’t going to accept seeing less of his daughters and grandchildren to please anyone.

sorry but are you being sarcastic? I dont mean to be rude but I can't imagine anyone would believe that Andrew can be rehabilitated. Andrew has virtually no hope of ever recovering from the situation he is in, with no one being willing ot work with him. And Certainly, Charles would not dream IM sure of trying to use him as a working royal.

Denville, I admit that my post was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but my point is to look at Andrew's options in another light. Forget about rehabilitation or pretend charity work. He's an extremely prominent notorious figure. Why not use that to quell the Sussex noise?

Meghan went on American television and imitated a rodent munching on crisps at the behest of the show's host. Goodness knows what she was going to do on her cancelled Sept. 20 Jimmy Fallon appearance. That's a comedy show. So, fight fire with fire. Andrew being revealed on The Masked Singer is a win-win.

I wouldn't want to see Andrew interviewed on a talk show (again), but if he's willing to be a figure of fun with some well-timed cameos or media projects, people might be saying, "Book? What book?"

Denville, I admit that my post was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but my point is to look at Andrew's options in another light. Forget about rehabilitation or pretend charity work. He's an extremely prominent notorious figure. Why not use that to quell the Sussex noise?

Meghan went on American television and imitated a rodent munching on crisps at the behest of the show's host. Goodness knows what she was going to do on her cancelled Sept. 20 Jimmy Fallon appearance. That's a comedy show. So, fight fire with fire. Andrew being revealed on The Masked Singer is a win-win.

I wouldn't want to see Andrew interviewed on a talk show (again), but if he's willing to be a figure of fun with some well-timed cameos or media projects, people might be saying, "Book? What book?"

sorry but Andrew's misbehaviour is not a joke. It was a horrible thing to happen ot the queen in her last few years. And the RF isn't a joke, or should not be. Meghan can do what she likes and make a fool of herself, she's not a working royal, she has left the UK and the RF. Andrew is still a member of the family and he has remained at least quiet. he made a big mistake doing that interview, but he need not compound it by making an ass of himself for some kind of silly comedy just to "overshadow" Meghan's silly stuff.
And as we've said, there is no way back for Andrew. He will remain in the background for the rest of his life. He has appeared in public a few times in the past 2 years and it hasn't gone well, even when he turned up for his mother's funeral he drew members of the public shouitng at him.

I agree with the other poster- this is a comparison that makes light over WHY Andrew is notorious: his participation in human sex trafficking. It’s not funny.

I agree with the other poster- this is a comparison that makes light over WHY Andrew is notorious: his participation in human sex trafficking. It’s not funny.

When was he found guilty of 'participating' in human sex trafficking? I must have missed the trial. Last time I checked he hasn't even been charged with a crime and both the US and UK police have said they won't be charging him.

One person accused him of having sex with her when he was underage in a CIVIL law suit. They settled out of court - interestingly two weeks after she said she would never settle and two days after she admitted she couldn't find the photo showing the two of them together so why did she settle?

I have heard all sorts of figures ranging from less than a million pounds to over 12 million with both having to pay their own legal fees.

Please use the term 'alleged' rather than a statement of fact.

When was he found guilty of 'participating' in human sex trafficking? I must have missed the trial. Last time I checked he hasn't even been charged with a crime and both the US and UK police have said they won't be charging him.

One person accused him of having sex with her when he was underage in a CIVIL law suit. They settled out of court - interestingly two weeks after she said she would never settle and two days after she admitted she couldn't find the photo showing the two of them together so why did she settle?

I have heard all sorts of figures ranging from less than a million pounds to over 12 million with both having to pay their own legal fees.

Please use the term 'alleged' rather than a statement of fact.

He paid out a settlement to a woman who was sexually trafficked as an underage girl who has enough credible evidence of this that his team deemed it unwise to go to trial. This woman has photographic evidence of them together. Both of his friends, Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell, whom he traveled with, were convicted of sex trafficking. They are how he met this girl, again, when she was underage.

Enough facts are established that I feel comfortable treating this as a fact. He may not have known what he was doing, but what they were doing was very obvious who anyone in their inner circle who cared to ask any questions.

I don’t think there’s a future for Andrew in or outside the monarchy. As long as he keeps quiet and doesn’t associate with shady people anymore, he will fade into obscurity

Andrew was not in their inner circle. He was IMO guilty of callous arrogance but that is why he did not notice things. He just did not pay a lot of attention to people who were so far below him socially. but his behavior was still louche and unpleasant and it certainly must have upset the queen in her last years, though she loves Andrew...so he wont ever come back from that and he is certainly not the person to go on TV again.

He paid out a settlement to a woman who was sexually trafficked as an underage girl who has enough credible evidence of this that his team deemed it unwise to go to trial. This woman has photographic evidence of them together. Both of his friends, Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell, whom he traveled with, were convicted of sex trafficking. They are how he met this girl, again, when she was underage.

Enough facts are established that I feel comfortable treating this as a fact. He may not have known what he was doing, but what they were doing was very obvious who anyone in their inner circle who cared to ask any questions.
The alleged settlement was to a charity by Virginia not her personally and no one really knows the amount paid. There was only one photo of her with Andrew, nothing further has come up since then. No one is absolving Andrew of bad judgement and arrogant behavior, but it’s not as clear cut as its reported.

Unless he is found guilty in a court of law it is an allegation - not a fact.

There is a concept that applies in the UK legal system and used to apply in the US as well - known as 'innocent until proven guilty'. I realise that the US legal system no longer applies that right to people and the media decides innocence or guilty not the legal system anymore

Andrew hasn't even been charged let alone found guilty so it is an allegation.

Unless he is found guilty in a court of law it is an allegation - not a fact.

There is a concept that applies in the UK legal system and used to apply in the US as well - known as 'innocent until proven guilty'. I realise that the US legal system no longer applies that right to people and the media decides innocence or guilty not the legal system anymore

Andrew hasn't even been charged let alone found guilty so it is an allegation.

I think that’s a weird jab at the U.S. system and one not based in our culture. “Innocent until proven guilty” is the legal standard in a court of law and applies to how someone is criminally punished.

It does not prevent ordinary citizens from believing that it’s not forgivable for grown men of privilege to hang out with convicted pedophiles (which Epstein was, and Andrew was photographed with him post conviction) and convicted sex traffickers (which Ghislaine Maxwell is.)

We can use our reason and deduce that someone who was constantly around young girls separated from their parents and traveling the globe with an adult man who was bringing them to parties and private islands should have maybe said “are all these girls adults? They look awfully young.”

We can hold people to a reasonable standard of behavior.

I’m not saying he should be arrested. I am saying there is no path back to his previous life as a member of the royal family and no useful action he can take on behalf of the new reign other than shutting up and disappearing.

we know that there is no path back. that's what I was saying. But it does not mean that Andrew was guilty of sex trafficking or anything illegal. He is Im sure aware of that and is doing his best to find some kind of quiet private life that will keep him not too unhappy. I agree that it is pretty ridiculous to think that he coudl be used as a jokester to amuse the public or distract attnetion from H and Meghan.

The DoY was tried and convicted in the court of public opinion and in the media- not only in the USA but in Britain. Which is almost as bad as being convicted in a court of law.

He will never recover from this, so he should find a way to make the best of it.

Andrew not tried or convicted in court either. He is innocent until proven guilty and may even be innocent in reality. The truth only he will know.
But it is true that he will hardly regain his role in the royal family. Keeping himself in the background, working only behind the scenes is best for him. He will certainly have other things to do in life, his personal business or help his daughters in whatever he can and travel.

The DoY was tried and convicted in the court of public opinion and in the media- not only in the USA but in Britain. Which is almost as bad as being convicted in a court of law.

He will never recover from this, so he should find a way to make the best of it.

what do you think he's doing? I think he still resents the fact that he has had to step down from royal life, and he may make hte odd attempt to appear in public, but he must be aware no matter how stupid he is, that if he appears in public, he is likely to be yelled at, at the very least. So He's not going to do that much.

Andrew is lying low at the moment, and of course mourning his beloved mother. However, there is nothing to stop him eventually, as far as I know, from travelling occasionally to the US and parts of Europe, investing quietly in various businesses, even buying property again with his ex wife in Switzerland in a couple of years. No doubt both his parents would have left legacies to their children (and grandchildren.)

Apart from that I can’t see him returning to the royal fold, being on the boards of companies, farming, helping with charities, restoring old buildings, or any of the other myriad suggestions offered here. His reputation is, as many posters have said, well and truly shot.

Last edited:
Depends on who will do business with him. I cant see him travelling much, but Im sure he will feel the loss of the queen, whom he could go and see every day in Windsor and feel that he was being a help to her.

John Bryan … of Fergie toe-sucking fame .. has spoken of his involvement in trying to help the Duke of York following his downfall.

With a strategy called “House of Kroy” … (York spelt backwards) … Mr Bryan has shared some astonishing things.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...oe-sucking-ex-lover-disastrous-interview.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...t-money-Queen-blackmailing-Prince-Andrew.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...e-sucking-pictures-game-Beatrice-Eugenie.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom