Engagement of Miss Zara Phillips to Mr Mike Tindall: December 21, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to both Zara and Mike. May they have many happy and blissful years together.

Nice photos! The ring is really beautiful!!

The ring is gorgeous! Too bad she should clean up her finger nails.

That is really a gorgeous engagement ring and this couple have always appeared to be in love.

Agreed. Glad it is something new. Wonder if she had any input in the selection of the ring. It also looks sturdy enough for her to wear while riding her horses if she chose to do so.

I believe they also posed for photographers outside their house rather than at a palace. The engagements pictures looked very fitting for their personalities. ( low-key and sporty)

I am personally more excited to see what she will wear to her wedding than Kate just because her fashion choice are far more interesting.

Since she says she was "shocked" when Mike asked I think she didn't have an influence on the ring choice. He did a good job.

Since she says she was "shocked" when Mike asked I think she didn't have an influence on the ring choice. He did a good job.
If he only proposed yesterday he already must have had the ring. But maybe he has tried to find out what kind of ring she likes: "hey Zara, that is quite a ring your cousin gave Kate...ah, really, you prefer diamond rings?... something like your friend X?... oh, you liked the shape but not the yellow gold?...." After such a conversation he would have some clues.

They may even have looked at rings together and she might have said - that is the sort of ring I would like - and he then buys that ring.

There are ways for the girl to choose the ring without actually knowing that he is about to 'pop the question'.

They may even have looked at rings together and she might have said - that is the sort of ring I would like - and he then buys that ring.

There are ways for the girl to choose the ring without actually knowing that he is about to 'pop the question'.

This is true. You can speak in abstract terms, you can find out from a good friend of the intended or the mother of the bride.

Or if you really know your intended..you should have a general idea of what is and isn't acceptable. But really...can you go wrong with diamonds?:ROFLMAO:

Congratulations, this is great news....and whoohoo what a wonderful ring, I LOVE IT:flowers:

You are right, but some guys are just not sensitive enough to get the intentions of their girl. (Sorry guys, but that is the cruel truth. A friend of mine once was asked by her boyfriend if she would like to do a special driving training. She said flatout: "NO, not my cup of tea!" She got it for her birthday anyway:bang:) So I think it still says a lot for Mike that he got her the right kind of ring.

Congratulations to Zara and Mike! Not the news I was expecting so soon after William and Catherine's but it was starting to become delayed! Well done with that ring Mike! ;)

It is a nice ring. Very popular style in North America.

^^^^ Indeed it is. It's kind of funny, on the British Monarchy facebook page, they posted a link of engagement pictures and a link to the royal collection website online exhibit of royal weddings before announcing the engagement. I guess they were giving us a hint! ;)

dbarn67 said:

They've been together 7 years and have publically said they've talked of marriage, so my guess is at some point they talked rings and she point stuff out if not that exact one- maybe he enlisted a friend of Hers to help too

Congratulations to the happy couple!

What lovely news before the holidays. The newly engaged couples look really happy. Wish them all the best.

Congratulations to the happy couple. The year 2011 promises to be an exciting royal year with royal weddings and hopefully also many royal births (Mary, Autumn and perhaps Victoria)..

And if you marry a commoner you have more chance of a long term marriage?
There have been plenty of royal to non-commoner marraiges that have worked out perfectly. There have also been royal to commoner marraiges that have worked out.
They may marry for love, but the royals are loosing their spark.

I think you misunderstand....Royal or commoner, they don't HAVE to choose from a select few....they are finally breaking the mold and marrying whom they choose and after a good amount of time, which seems to defy the current convention of the royal family. ( except the Duchess of York...disaster). The Royals are moving in the right direction I think..How are they losing thier spark..I think they ar ere-energiaing the Monarchy...Much happiness to them all!!!!

... the poster made what she meant pretty clear in her first post...
Just FYI...I'm a "he" LOL!!! glad you understand what I was trying to say though!!

Last edited by a moderator:
How nice for them:flowers:

Now it will be fun comparing gowns,bouquets ect.

Just heard the news. Wow 2011 will be a busy Royal year! I'm guessing Zara will wear the same tiara as Mummy..and Mummy's Mummy.
:champagne: :onering: :twohearts: :fireworks:
Y'all need a diamond tiara and/or a flowing veil Smilie.

Great news. Perhaps I missed it, but have they set a date?

Congratulations to both of them!!! And they probably waited as royal protocol dictates William announces first.

I don't know that I trust that Royal protocol dictates anything of the sort...what exactly would the protocol say?

Princess Anne married before Prince Charles. Peter married before William.

Mike has said on occasion that it wasn't ever really a question of if they got married, rather a question of when the time was right for the two of them. Apparently that time is now.

I'm putting my money on a June wedding personally!

It would clash with the celebrations for Philip's 90th birthday, Trooping the Colour etc.

Possible but...I am finding it hard to find a date that doesn't already have big events already there.

February - March - 6 Nations Rugby tournamen
April - Easter and William and Kate getting married
May -
June - Trooping the Colour, Philip's 90th
July -
August - Northern hemishere nations playing rugby tests in lead up to World Cup - and in camp
September - October - Rugby World Cup

Last edited by a moderator:
wonderful news! congratulations to the couple :)

Can't wait to see what she wears for the big day

I can't see Mike and Zara getting married before November or December of next year. I doubt they'd want to get married anytime close to William and Catherine's wedding, even if their wedding will be much more private.

I can't see Mike and Zara getting married before November or December of next year. I doubt they'd want to get married anytime close to William and Catherine's wedding, even if their wedding will be much more private.

No one (myself included) saw them announcing their engagement so close to William and Kate's announcement either.

The British Royal family has generally kept to shorter engagements (5-6 months), haven't they? Which is why I place my money on June-ish, maybe July for their wedding. But who knows, they will do things in their own time in their own way...

Mike is committed for most weekends into late April- early May (with one available weekend being 30th April - 1st May - I know but he doesn't have a game that weekend). As his team is sitting 5th at the moment I doubt they would set a date before the finals in mid-May. He would also hope to be busy from August throuhg to October.

July 4 - 6 has been set aside as an Olympic test event by the British Eventing Association so Zara will be busy training for that and that would certainly rule out that period and the couple of weeks beforehand.

I too am beginning to see no real opening next summer due to their sporting commitments and desires so a winter wedding is possible.

Ascot is 14th - 18th June, with Trooping the Colour on the 11th and Phillip's 90th birthday the 10th.

Great news! Congratulations to a lovely couple!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom