Spanish State Visit to Andorra; March 25-26, 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lula

Imperial Majesty
Country
Spain
Their Majesties the King and Queen, accompanied by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, European Union and Cooperation, will make a state visit to the Principality of Andorra on March 25 and 26.

This visit is part of the Andorran presidency of the XXVIII Ibero-American Summit of Heads of State and Government to be held on April 21, with the participation of His Majesty the King.

Viaje de Estado de SSMM los Reyes a Andorra

That must be a first!
I wonder who will receive them, the Prince Bishop?

This visit is part of the Andorran presidency of the XXVIII Ibero-American Summit of Heads of State and Government to be held on April 21, with the participation of His Majesty the King.

Viaje de Estado de SSMM los Reyes a Andorra

The Ibero-American Summit of Heads of State and Government is approximately the equivalent in the Spanish, Portuguese and Catalan-speaking world to the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting for the countries that used to be part of the British Empire.

HM The King of Spain is by default the Honorary President of the Organization of Ibero-American States (OEI in Spanish), which consists of 23 member states plus Puerto Rico (currently a US territory). This honorary position held by the Spanish monarch is the closest among the continental European monarchies to the role of Head of the Commonwealth held by the British monarch in the Anglosphere, with the difference, however, that, unlike in the Commonwealth, the King of Spain is not the Head of State of any country in the OEI other than Spain itself.

Last edited:
Is the Prince-Bishop of Andorra also a Spanish citizen?

Thursday 25

Reception of the co-princes of Andorra, the Bishop of La Seu de Urgell, Monsignor Joan Enric Vives, and Patrick Strzoda, the representative of the French President, Emmanuel Macron.

Meeting with the presidents of the five parliamentary groups of the Consell General and the president, Roser Suñé.

Visit to the Andorran Town Hall

King Felipe will be received by the head of Government, Xavier Espot

Queen Letizia will participate in a meeting on the model of inclusion of students with disabilities

Official dinner

Friday 26

Visit to the Spanish school María Moliner

Visit to the church of Santa Coloma

Visit to Ordino and official lunch with the President of Andorra

Visit to Casa d'Areny Plandolit Museum

https://www.europapress.es/nacional...s-historico-viaje-andorra-20210324184753.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Intervention of King Felipe VI at the dinner offered by the co-princes of Andorra.

Official dinner offered by the Co-Princes of Andorra to the Kings.

Intervention of King Felipe VI at the dinner offered by the co-princes of Andorra.(..)

Official dinner offered by the Co-Princes of Andorra to the Kings.
(..)

I didn't have time to watch the video because I was busy. Did King Felipe say a few words in Catalan (the official language of Andorra) ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't have time to watch the video because I was busy. Did King Felipe say a few words in Catalan (the official language of Andorra) ?

i didn't hear any catalan in his short speech, he spoke in spanish, but may have spoken some catalan in private.

It seems to have been a very low-key affair last night. Was that simply due to the pandemic?

i didn't hear any catalan in his short speech, he spoke in spanish, but may have spoken some catalan in private.

According to the transcript in Casa Real the first three paragrahs of the speech were in Catalonian (you can hear It in the video quoted above), he quoted at least two writers in Catalonian and he thanked the audience at the end in Spanish and Catalonian.
Transcript: https://www.casareal.es/ES/Actividades/Paginas/actividades_discursos_detalle.aspx?data=6297

Back
Top Bottom