Working visit to New York: September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Caption: September 21, 2006 In preparation for the opening of a childrens museum in Jordan, Her Majesty Queen Rania visits the Museum of Natural History in New York City, and met with Museum educators (here with Museum President Ellen Futter) and New York City high school students. In the Discovery Room, Queen Rania presents a doll from Her Majestys personal collection to be added to the Dolls exhibit there. Desiree Navarro/GAMMA

In the Discovery Room, Queen Rania presents a doll (displayed here) from Her Majestys personal collection to be added to the Dolls exhibit there. Desiree Navarro/GAMMA, 9/21/06

thanks so much for the pics humera - i think these are similar to the ones posted on newscom... :)

I prefer this one it looks so good on her
71951567.jpg
.:flowers:
but this one makes her look too skiny, and shows her bones a lot http://img45.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=30667_847056_25_122_405lo.jpg :sad:

Last edited:
I like her outfit very nice color.

I love the latest scans thank you!

She really looks lovely in that outfit, sometimes wearing all the same colour can look odd but she gets it just right as usual, unlike Victoria Beckham she does not look like some fashion victim walking around in the latest "look". The skirt is great and the top has interesting detailing, even her watch strap you notice is brown!

She looks very slender but very elegant at the same time, and her make up is just right as usual.

In the past I think she wore too much and it was too heavy for her face, she seems to have calmed that down.

Is it me or does she look a bit tired in some of two of those pictures? Then again, may be it's because I'm used to her smiling most of the time so when she doesn't I think there is something wrong.

I like her skirt, when the pleats moved you saw that the side that was hidden when the pleats lay flat had a contrasting fabric of blue green and white. It is a very neat effect.

I managed to catch a snippet of the forum on CNN and from the little I heard, Rania sounds very intelligent. I've never heard her speak before so it was nice to hear her speaking English.

I think the bag is Marc Jacobs as it is very similar to one of the styles he is doing this year, except in a skin (crocodile?)

she is the perfect definition for the word queen, her look her manner her poise...she is absolutely unique!

snow:

she is the perfect definition for the word queen, her look her manner her poise...she is absolutely unique!

I quite agree, yes she has money which can mean you have access to the best clothes, designers etc but it takes more than that to have the inate poise and dignity she appears to carry within herself. Coupled with her intelligence and ability to articulate the issues that concern her she makes a very fine Queen, Jordan should be proud of her.

socal girl:

I managed to catch a snippet of the forum on CNN and from the little I heard, Rania sounds very intelligent. I've never heard her speak before so it was nice to hear her speaking English.

Her English is very good, didn't she study in America for a while?

jroneida:

I like her skirt, when the pleats moved you saw that the side that was hidden when the pleats lay flat had a contrasting fabric of blue green and white. It is a very neat effect.

Thanks for pointing out the detailing on the skirt, I thought it was polka dots to start off with! Lovely combination of colours - green is another colour that suits her and the shoes and bag...what can I say, it's just a perfect outfit.

There is literally not a thing you can fault with her dress wise at the moment. As I said in a previous post, Victoria Beckham parading around in fashion outfit after fashion outfit trying desparately to be cutting edge and just looking silly could learn a few things from Rania in terms of how to wear clothing.

As the saying goes you wear the clothes, don't let the clothes wear you!

I liked her voice, I dunno to you, but to me she sounds like a woman of character

I saw most of the CNN forum. She didn't get to talk much but she had an interesting, thoughtful response for the question posed for her. As an American, I(we) get very little of the Middle Eastern perspective on events and situations in that region. It was interesting to hear her point of view. It was an excellent forum over all, there was only one speaker who provided fluffy PC(politically correct) responses, the rest, including QR, gave thoughtful academic answers to the questions.

I had read she went to the American University at Cairo, but wasn't aware that she'd ever studied in America

She never studied in America,she studied in Kuwait then in Egypt,she got married to prince Abdallah few months after her bachelor graduation in business administration in Cairo.

Rania is plain awesome.. I love her style, her hair, she's witty charming, seems to be a good mom and very career (though its royal duties) focused - and the best part is that she is from Kuwait .. :)

Queen Ranias recent pics from seegerpress:

Btw, princesses and queens are always gettimg much more of public attention than their husbands ;)

mims111:

Btw, princesses and queens are always gettimg much more of public attention than their husbands

Bottom line, Rania will get more attention on walkabouts and visits than Abdullah, because she is beautiful and people can talk about what she's wearing and how she looks etc.

Since when did anyone ever talk about what a man was wearing or what jewellery he had on, whether he'd put weight on, lost weight, was his hair a mess, or how high his shoes were, or was that the latest designer handbag!

Rania gets attention for what she says as well but her looks go before her and that applies to any princess or Queen - they all get picked on and examined for every dress blunder and make up mistake whilst the men basically get a free pass.

That happens not just with princesses but with women generally I think. Women are far more judgemental about other women and they talk about them more - men are not really like that with each other.

Perhaps I'm wrong and if Abdullah looked more like a movie star he would be talked about and appear in fashion magazines too and get more press.

May be it all just boils down to looks! ;)

great to see queen rania continuing her good work, while looking amazing in the process :)

snow said:
agree with that to about 1000%
...she rules...
beauty and honor

thx
nylonluva

Back
Top Bottom