Zara Phillips, Mike Tindall and Family Current Events 1: January 2011-January 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a beautiful little girl....Teeth... pain to get them, keep them and lose them.... LOL !

Mia looks like she is trying to escape Grandpa or something :ROFLMAO:

Looks like they had a great time. I love seeing Anne and Tim with their granddaughters. Tim proves that just because you are a stepparent doesn't mean you aren't a grandparent.:flowers:

I hope High Kingdom passes the vet inspection today before his show jumping. He was moving a bit gingerly after yesterday's XC.

According to the Badminton website High Kingdom has passed the inspection.

Zara is to ride in the morning session - 4th last in that session as she was 24th overnight. Only the top 20 will ride in the afternoon session.

Update - she had 8 faults in the showjumping round (fences 2 and 3 down but clear for the rest of the round). She can't finish any lower than 25th as she dropped back on place but with 23 to jump after her a poor round by another rider could see her higher but probably not.

Final result - 23rd (up from 24th after the Cross Country so other riders did drop behind her).

It seems that both horse and rider have now qualified for Rio. That doesn't mean she will be in the team as there will be more than four British riders and horses qualified but that is the first hurdle crossed.

Last edited:
So giggling when seeing this! The Tindalls are so charmingly down to earth. Also Autumn P. seems to be a warm hearted Person. Every single picture I ever saw of her shows her offering help to someone.

What a cutie! She is well into the "terrible two" I see XD. I've always found it sweet how Autumn really takes care and pay attention to her niece!

I love how close this family is. You can tell seeing Mia with her Aunt, Uncle and cousins how close they all are:flowers: Autumn seems like she was a lot of help to Mike wrangling in his toddler while Zara was riding.

Anne sure has three adorable granddaughters :p She sure seems to revel in her role as Grandma, and Tim seems just as happy.

these are lovely photos of Anne's family.
Mia is tremendous lol. very cute

I love Mike's comment about his daughter and the portrait. That the little mischevious elf was becoming naughty and Granny told the little girl to hold her purse to try and get her under control :lol: Seeing pictures of her with her dad and cousins at Badminton, I have no doubt it was likely hard to get her cooperate too long even for Gan Gan.

DM out for drama as always :bang:

I highly doubt that Mike would make an unilateral decision without his wife. While Zara went there, he female cousins have not. I don't think it too surprising they would place her in a school nearer to home. As was done with the York girls and Louise. I am sure there are plenty of good schools near Gatcombe.

Well for starters few people consider boarding school for their kids until secondary school age (11+) anyway and, I'm not 100% sure but i don't think even Zara went to boarding school as young as Mia.

The other massive difference is that Zara was the daughter of a full time working royal and the grand daughter of the Queen, for her boarding school was possibly the best option as it kept her out of the public eye (didn't Sarah get constantly hounded by the press on her way to drop the girls off during her divorce?) and kept her looked after while Anne was off working. Mia will not have such a high profile to protect her from and she has a mother and father who by and large work close to home to be able to do the school run.

If Mike is talking about it to the media I bet he and Zara have already talked about it, and indeed probably already decided on what school Mia is going to for her first few years.

Another piece of clickbait from the Daily Fail, whose journalists are, I'm sure, gnawing their nails to their knuckles worrying about Mia Tindall being sent to Gordonstoun next year! What a ridiculous lot of twaddle. I can imagine that Zara and Mike will probably follow the Wessexes' plan with Louise for Mia and then make up their mind when she's around twelve or so. Some children thrive at boarding school and enjoy it. Others (like Charles) don't. Time enough to decide which Mia is likely to be in another ten years.

13 seems the standard age for the royal grandkids who have gone to boarding school. Peter and Zara at Gordonstoun, Eugenie at Marlburough, and William and Harry at Eton. Like Louise, Beatrice was a day student for her education at St George's, Bea at Ascot and Louise at Windsor.

There are certainly a number of great prep schools in Gloucestershire, near Gatcombe where they live, both boarding and day. If they do choose a boarding school, there are certainly closer options. Or a boarding school near Windsor or one of other royal estates so she is close to family. But seeing she is all of 2 years old, it will likely be 11 years before such a decision is made or at least made known.

William and Harry were both 8 when they were sent to Ludgrove boarding school.

William and Harry were both 8 when they were sent to Ludgrove boarding school.

True, but by then their patents mariage was already falling apart. So that may have been due to that.

I forgot about Ludgrove:sad: I remember reading though, since Ludgrove was so close to home, Will and Harry were home on weekends. By the sounds of Mike's interview, one of his issues with Gordonstoun is how far it is from home. Mia would not easily be able to go home except holidays.

Considering the state of their parent's marriage, and all their travel, it was likely at times easier on the boys to be away at school and home on weekends.

DM out for drama as always :bang:

I highly doubt that Mike would make an unilateral decision without his wife. While Zara went there, he female cousins have not. I don't think it too surprising they would place her in a school nearer to home. As was done with the York girls and Louise. I am sure there are plenty of good schools near Gatcombe.

Savannah is attending the private school Zara first attended (Beaudesert?) which is right next to Gatcombe basically. Mia will most certainly end up going there to be with her cousins. I agree that I think they will follow the Wessex example and send their children to schools near their home. I can't see Louise going to boarding school - instead I can see her going to a private school for 13-18 instead. If they do send her then it will likely be Marlborough like Eugenie.

I imagine Zara isn't fussed but if Peter has sent Savannah to private school then I can see Zara doing the same. Also the names of the children for private schools are put down on lists long before they turn 5. Mia, if she's going to the same as Savannah, will already be on the schools books!

Last edited:
Louise is 13 this year so we will soon see, as her present school is only till 13. If boarding school, I agree likely would do Marlborough like Eugenie. But I think it more likely she will move on to St George's, Ascot where both Beatrice and Lady Davina Lewis attended. It is only 11km from Windsor. I think they will follow the same pattern with James.

Beaudesert with Savannah is a good choice and a very likely option (Zara attended another day school before Gordonstoun as well). It doesn't mean when Mia is 13 they may not consider boarding school, but I don't see any of the young royal parents sending their kids to boarding school earlier than 13. If Mia goes, it will likely be as much her wanting to go away, as her parents' choice.

I'm starting to keep an eye on Zara's horse, Watkins. He finished 8th at Tattersalls last weekend and got 19th at Chatsworth last month.

Eventing horses usually retire at 15-18 years old. High Kingdom is 15. So I was a little worried at who might replace him as Zara's top horse. When Toytown was 15, High kingdom was in the pipeline, and showing some promise. While there was no clear replacements for High Kingdom until Watkins suddenly started having good results this last month. Let's hope this last month wasn't an outlier and he continues to develop. Otherwise Zara's career might hit a brick wall in the near future.

Her three other horses, Watkins, Drops of Brandy and Rum Expectations are all younger 8/9 years old. Hopefully HK has enough 2 or 3 years and one of the other three she can develop into her new key horse.

Does Zara own any of her horses (all)? The top riders I watched growing up most did, but I know not all.

High Kingdom is owned by Trevor Hemmings. Watkins and Drops of Brandy are owned by Judith Luff. Rum Expectations is owned by Rebecca Ferry. I believe Zara owns Toytown, though. That might be why he's her favorite.

I'm not sure HK will last another 2-3 years. He's been injured, and I'm not convinced he's fully recovered. There's been several witnesses who've said HK is moving gingerly this year, and he's needed extra vet inspections, too.

I just haven't been impressed with her younger horses until Watkins this last month. Drops of Brandy was okay last year, okay but not great, but this year he's been a non-factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom