Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Initially from the paparazzi and press, I think. They would have loved her to have a job where she could have been stalked day and night, but they were frustrated in these desires. So they took their revenge by labelling her "workshy", and gullible tabloid readers have followed suit. Some jealousy involved, too, I'd guess.

Fortunately for Kate, there is a family business, and this was an option which allowed her to keep a bit of privacy. I think it was a discreet solution.

Of course, many people work in family businesses - it's nothing out of the ordinary, and I doubt most of them have to put up with such sneers and accusations.

The people that I know and that work in their parents companies, are definetly not workshy :) Most of the companies have a similar size to the one that Kates parents own :) And they would not be able to have a lazy life in the company, as the companies are not that big as it would go unnotices :)

You said "very old fashioned choice minus the virgin part", and then went on to say "except she's not a virgin". You may have been talking about the fact that she is old-fashioned but you kept bringing up her virginity. When there was no need to. You could have explained your point without mentioning her virginity. Btw, how do you know whether she has or hasn't lost it?
In the old days, a woman was expected to be "pure" as one of the qualifications required, if you would prefer this term, to be considered a suitable wife (by royalty standards). Kate had a boyfriend before William right? It's not an unreasonable conclusion, and if I'm wrong, which I may very well be, it does not really matter. She is a safe bet is my overall point.

I know, they were expected to be pure.
All I have an issue with is you talking about her virginity in a public forum, and stating that she has lost it. If you don't know for truth, don't state it as fact.

Let's move on.

I'm curious whether or not they will announce the wedding dress designer do they usually do that?

I doubt they will announce it, we shall have to wait until the day.

I think we won't or are at least not supposed to know until April 29th. I think Catherine's wedding dress is close to being a state secret :lol:

Did we know it would be the Emanuel's with Diana? Or was it like leaked?

The choice of the Emanuels was announced publicly in mid-March 1981.

I doubt very sincerely she'd use the same designer who made Diana's dress. I mean, she is not Diana. She will never be Diana. She is not being groomed to be Diana. She is her. If they both turn this wedding into an occasion to bring her up at every possible instance, I'm going to be annoyed, to be frank. She's dead, and that's not meant to be rude or insulting, but merely as a statement of fact. Life is for the living, and this is a wedding, not a funeral.

Who said she would use the same designer?

I thought I had read here someone saying they thought she'd use Emanuel's as her dress designer, like Diana did in 1981.

No.

Someone suggested that we might not know who designed Kate's dress until the wedding day. And Wbenson mentioned that it was announced that the Emmanuels were designing Diana's dress in mid March of 1981.

I think we will know who is the designer is prior to the wedding...the press will show pics of Kate doing fittings...we just wont see the dress until the 29th.

Really? Posh Spice and David Beckham are going to be at the wedding? :lol:

Really? Posh Spice and David Beckham are going to be at the wedding? :lol:
Oh dear, how sad, never mind. The Heir's heir's wedding reduced the to the "B" wannabe list! :ROFLMAO:

I don't think we should take every article that appears about this wedding at face value. The tabloids don't know.

They just picked the wedding location....who knows if they made up the guest list yet. I am sure the Queen, the government officials, Prince Charles, William and Katherine have a list of people they want to invite. I am sure the list will go thru several revisions before the announcements go out.

Ew I'm slightly creeped out that it's never been washed but when I think about it, if it was me I probably wouldn't have washed it either. Is it really turned sorta yellowish? I just thought it may also be the lighting idk I'm not an expert on wedding dresses and how they do as they age.

Using the same designer that Diana did, if this is the case, does not mean she is trying to be Diana...It would be just a matter of coincidence in personal style. I would love she did, though, ´cause Emanuel dresses are beautiful and anybody would look like a princess in one of them...

People Magazine picked up on the Daily Express' article about future Christmas'. It's much less outrageous then the original article Now CNN and ETonline has also picked up on the story

What Are Prince William and Kate Middleton's Christmas Plans? - Weddings, Kate Middleton, Prince William, The British Royals : People.com

Daily Express with comments from CH on balcony appearance

A Clarence House spokeswoman said she could not confirm the balcony appearance.
“It is all speculation,” she said. “We don’t know exact details of the wedding. It is too early to tell.
Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Royal Wedding: Prince William and Kate Middleton set to seal it with a kiss

DM also has an article about William's recent comments on Charles' being King but it's basically a repeat of all the other articles.

Lisa Agar, who was blamed when Prince William and Kate Middleton split, is pleased with royal marriage | The Sun |News

Queen's composer to score music for the Royal Wedding - Telegraph

Last edited:
Using the same designer that Diana did, if this is the case, does not mean she is trying to be Diana...It would be just a matter of coincidence in personal style. I would love she did, though, ´cause Emanuel dresses are beautiful and anybody would look like a princess in one of them...

I hope Kate uses any designer except the Emmanuels. After the awful dress they produced for Diana I would run a mile before even thinking about having anything from them but...more importantly Kate needs to actually make a statement that she isn't Diana mark 2.

She already has Diana's ring and even the colour she wore for the engagement interview was the basic colour that Diana wore. She really needs to make a clear statement that she isn't being Diana but is being her own person. Choosing a different designer for the dress would be one clear such statement.

I know he's not going to cause it's apparently not appropriate but does anyone but me wish Catherine would go with him to Zurich this Tuesday? I'm just dying to see her with William doing public work but I guess there wouldn't be much for her to do there. Anyways I know I'm rushing things after all it's only been 2 weeks but I'm just really excited I hope you guys get what I mean.

Until its confirmed that Kate's dress will be designed by the Emmanuels...let's stop the speculative comments.

I suppose it's a matter of personal taste, but I thought Diana's dress looked like wadded up tissue paper. Diana didn't wear that dress, it wore her. I never understood the reasons behind the fabric choice or design. The fabric was a wrinkled mess and the design itself was just so over the top meringue. Sorry, but I don't care for Elizabeth Emanuel's designs at all, and I seriously doubt Kate will choose her to design her own wedding dress.

It was a different era, that's all. Three decades have passed. My son was a baby when we all sat around the TV with grandad to see the wedding.

The Emmanuels did a good job under the circumstances, and the dress is still "iconic", whatever anyone says.

I hope Kate uses any designer except the Emmanuels. After the awful dress they produced for Diana I would run a mile before even thinking about having anything from them but...more importantly Kate needs to actually make a statement that she isn't Diana mark 2.

She already has Diana's ring and even the colour she wore for the engagement interview was the basic colour that Diana wore. She really needs to make a clear statement that she isn't being Diana but is being her own person. Choosing a different designer for the dress would be one clear such statement.
Does anyone else remember that when Serena married David Lindley she has an almost identical dress to her future MIL Margaret's wedding dress? Everyone called it an homage and there were no remarks that she was trying to be Margaret?

I couldn't agree more! She's KATE and I'd love to see a bit more individualism.

I would like to see Kate wear something completely different from Diana's wedding dress, with nothing about her dress or veil being anything like Diana's. I would like to see Kate in something ivory, and much sleeker than that crumpled, puffy mess that Diana wore. She's much older than Diana was and I expect a more mature look. Kate's got Diana's blue rock on her finger to weigh her down, and that explains the similarly coloured dress for the engagement announcement, but from now on I hope what we see is all Kate.

Of course it is possible that Kate actually liked Diana's dress and will turn up in something like it, and that's a sobering throught.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom