Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to let you know that BBC1 are doing a two-part documentary on British Royal Weddings starting this Sunday at 9pm BBC1 (I think the second part will be on Easter Sunday at the same time).

Obviously this is mainly geared to UK television viewers but for those folks overseas who are interested I hope you can watch it on BBC iplayer.

Just to let you know that BBC1 are doing a two-part documentary on British Royal Weddings starting this Sunday at 9pm BBC1 (I think the second part will be on Easter Sunday at the same time).

Obviously this is mainly geared to UK television viewers but for those folks overseas who are interested I hope you can watch it on BBC iplayer.

Or hopefully BBCAmerica will pick it up and run it. Going to have to check their programming schedule. Thanks for the heads up! :flowers:

I'm sorry, I know this sounds mean, but I cannot believe they would invite the Beckhams. I do not care what they did together for the World Cup, it just...not to be a snob, or that I have any right to be, they do not belong there. I just have a horrible feeling, pregnant or not, if it is true they are in fact invited, she will try and upstage Catherine with her dress and look. Also, I can think of several others including blood family members who have more of a right. The Beckhams...cheapen the feel of it. Role models or not, meritocrats or not, (not that some of the Royals have anything to be proud of).

I just think in this day and age with endless, endless news about Brangelina, the Kardashians, the Jonas idiots, the Bieber kid, Gaga, Britney, Charlie, Lindsey, we sometimes look to the royals in general as those pseudo-celebs (you know what I mean), who are above, the common celebrities. There is still some of that stardust of royalty, the magic of the fairytale, which is why we watch and post here.

I so happy for these two. I do not know them, but I wish them all the luck and love in the world. Sadly, this is one marriage that MUST work, no matter what. I think they both know that underneath all the fun and gaity of this day, this marriage cannot afford to go wrong in the glare of 24 hour media.

Lady Marmalade said:
I'm sorry, I know this sounds mean, but I cannot believe they would invite the Beckhams. I do not care what they did together for the World Cup, it just...not to be a snob, or that I have any right to be, they do not belong there. I just have a horrible feeling, pregnant or not, if it is true they are in fact invited, she will try and upstage Catherine with her dress and look. Also, I can think of several others including blood family members who have more of a right. The Beckhams...cheapen the feel of it. Role models or not, meritocrats or not, (not that some of the Royals have anything to be proud of).

I just think in this day and age with endless, endless news about Brangelina, the Kardashians, the Jonas idiots, the Bieber kid, Gaga, Britney, Charlie, Lindsey, we sometimes look to the royals in general as those pseudo-celebs (you know what I mean), who are above, the common celebrities. There is still some of that stardust of royalty, the magic of the fairytale, which is why we watch and post here.

I so happy for these two. I do not know them, but I wish them all the luck and love in the world. Sadly, this is one marriage that MUST work, no matter what. I think they both know that underneath all the fun and gaity of this day, this marriage cannot afford to go wrong in the glare of 24 hour media.

Honestly, I could understand them inviting the Beckhams. David and Victoria are not what you think. They really are nice down to earth people...especially David. A lot of these women put on a facade for the press...that's how they survive. But I can honestly say they're good people:)

Or hopefully BBCAmerica will pick it up and run it. Going to have to check their programming schedule. Thanks for the heads up! :flowers:

If you find anything, please let me know!!

Oh Jeez, David Tuter's at it again. They mention he's done an event for the royals. I wonder if it's one of the younger royals' nightclub party. He doesn't mention anything about the wedding gown this time, but there is a strapless prom dress in the background. As for his idea of splendor and opulence looks more like tacky and vulgar; think Princess Michael not Princess Diana. Seriously, plastic crystal chains hanging from the bouquet?
British Royal Wedding Blogs - Yahoo! Shine

Lady Marmalade said:

It's easy to forget that David was the former captain of the English national football team. That's pretty impressive. All the extra stuff simply stemmed from that. William also invited rugby captains to his wedding. It's a nice acknowledgement of sport.

Gag me ... big time! I cannot bear that awful brassy woman. All she will do is make tacky statements that SHE thinks are funny. She has to be the most grossly over rated person in the "entertainment" business.

cd19c33c.jpg

Well, I don't have his head attached yet, but I got an arm! I also have his hair attached.

http://m.usmag.com/v/CelebNews/PalaceChefWhatsOn/?KSID=a479cc7d2c05d9d748d842015602d090

According to this the Queen picked out the majority of the wedding menu ( I assume for the after wedding breakfast but I would bet for Charles's party it's less formal so Kate and Will had more input)

''And while the bride and groom did have some say in selection, the majority of the menu will come from the Queen herself.''

From the Head of the Royal Kitchen/Chef

Gag me ... big time! I cannot bear that awful brassy woman. All she will do is make tacky statements that SHE thinks are funny. She has to be the most grossly over rated person in the "entertainment" business.

I feel the exact same way!!

I thought so too, but one of the royal reporters just said that Kate will be shielded when leaving the hotel.

Clarence House also announced that Kate, Harry and her bridesmaids were at wedding rehearsals today.

Very fitting, as I hear they both love pizza. Agree about the coins...ugg.

And, that T-Mobile thing is hilarious. There is a uTube of a real wedding like that back in 2009.

Last edited:

No wonder he invited his whole squadron including wives (not all guests are allowed to bring their spouses/Partners) - these are the closer social contacts for Catherine once she lives as William's wife in Anglesey and the fact that these ladies were invited to the wedding will make Catherine's start down there a lot easier. Good for her!

No wonder he invited his whole squadron including wives (not all guests are allowed to bring their spouses/Partners) - these are the closer social contacts for Catherine once she lives as William's wife in Anglesey and the fact that these ladies were invited to the wedding will make Catherine's start down there a lot easier. Good for her!

I think it's great the whole squadron and their wives/partners have been invited and iy just unlines how close a unit they all are. It will allow William and Kate a chance to show how much they value these friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom