Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
. . . . . . But regardless, PoW is definitely one of the people that I'll be "watching" during the ceremony. It will be his son' wedding and the fact that his mother won't be there must make a little more emotional. someway or another I'm sure we'll get to witness a sweet, or even bittersweet moment among them.
I am not quite sure what you are getting at. Did Charles not show any emotion during his boys Sandhurst Graduation, attaining their "Wings"? I seem to remember lots of smiles, grins, laughing and typical male backslapping.

Is Charles required to cry? Is any emotion shown at all only attributable to Diana's absence? More importantly how are we to know that the lopsided grin is not Charles remembering some half-baked teenage antic and measuring it against the "seriously adult" ceremony of marriage?

I am confused :sad:

It would be fairly uncommon if Charles on raising his sons alone hadn't thought of Diana quite often as the boys have a lot of her. Plus he once fell for the young Lady Diana and the more time goes by, the more thebad things get forgetten but the good memories remain, thus I'm sure Harry is right when he said that not only the brothers but their father as well will think of Diana during the wedding.

Quick update before I head off to bed in regards to coverage of the reception. Richard had told me a few months ago a meeting would be held to arrange media coverage and it seems like this is the result of that meeting. Richard says:
RoyalReporter Richard Palmer @

@Kristinazzz9191 You'll get some coverage of the arrivals for the lunchtime reception but it's looking like nothing for the evening.

So that's the latest update. Not sure if they have any surprises in store for us though. So as he had told me originally in November photos will be taken at the quadrangle of the arrivals.

I'll be able to watch this from the comfort of my newly renovated home :)

I am hoping the Swedish Wedding will have put the BBC etc. on their mettle and we will get really good commentary from experts who know who's who.

And, with William an Kate taking a leaf out of the SRF wedding and busing in the guests I am hoping their wedding will be as romantic and loving as Victoria and Daniel's and that William goes for another break with tradition and kisses Kate . . . . . . in the Abby!

Ah well, dreams are free. :flowers:
Can anyone tell me if english wedding ceremonies include the kiss the bride? Is it only the royals that don't kiss during the actual ceremony? what about the other royals? :whistling: :D

firebee34 said:
Can anyone tell me if english wedding ceremonies include the kiss the bride? Is it only the royals that don't kiss during the actual ceremony? what about the other royals? :whistling: :D

Yes it is usually seen that the bride and groom kiss when they are officially married. Don't all ceremonies besides royal ones include a kiss? And Mary and Frederik kissed, if only lightly before they exited the church in 2004.

In all the British Royal weddings that I have watched in my lifetime, I don't recall the couple kissing during the service. They might do it when they go back to sign the license (where no cameras are) but never in the church. That includes Charles/Diana, Sarah/Andrew, Sophie/Edward. We didnt see anything of the civil ceremony for Charles and Camilla and certainly not during the blessing service.

They usually do a quick kiss on the balcony.

Marg , Kataryn and Sherlock221b
so, yesterday I made a post that seemed to be misinterpretered, and I apologize. Re-reading it today, now I understand why.

What I meant was that during the ceremony, besides the couple , obviously, POW was the one that I would most like to get glimpse of. Because it is his first son getting marriage and the fact that his mother will not be there and so on. When I used the term "watching" (I shouldn't have used the quote marks also, sorry) I didn't meant to as if I was going to patrol his every move and expressions. (it's not my 1st language, sorry again, that one got lost in translation).

I hope I have make myself clear. I didn't and don't doubt the affection the father has for his boys. That's why I brought it up :).

Last edited:
Marg , Kataryn
so, yesterday I made a post that seemed to be misinterpretered, and I apologize.
There was no need to apologize :flowers: - just part of the discussion, that was.
But thank you very much for your kindness!

:previous: I second that. Your English is fine, better than many who call it their first language so keep on posting and asking those questions. :flowers:

Although relatively few, we have now had some lovely greeting messages for Prince William and Miss Catherine Middleton from each continent of the world, from Kathmandu, Nepal to St Kitts island to London, England. However, none yet from South America and wondered if there are any followers of the Royal Wedding from those countries who may like to be the first there to 'Send a Greeting'.
Thank you.

Yes it is usually seen that the bride and groom kiss when they are officially married. Don't all ceremonies besides royal ones include a kiss? And Mary and Frederik kissed, if only lightly before they exited the church in 2004.

A kiss was not protocol in my CofE wedding.

Here in Denmark it does not stand anywhere in the "Book of Rituals" that the priest shall say "You must kiss the bride" to the groom.

So CP Frederik and CPss Mary did it after the book, so to speak :flowers:

The people at work think I am nuts for taking off a day without pay just to watch :) but it's worth it to me!
Indeed it is, that is history right there. I pulled an all nighter for Diana's funeral as well.

KittyAtlanta said:
A kiss was not protocol in my CofE wedding.

A kiss doesn't have to be protocol.

Lenora said:
Royal Wedding Vs X Factor: Schoolchildren are more excited by reality TV | Mail Online
Is it true?I wonder then why people were far more excited 30 years ago when it was Prince Charles's and Diana's wedding

You wonder why people were excited in 1982? Monarchy was more popular and no reality TV.

FasterB said:
Here in Denmark it does not stand anywhere in the "Book of Rituals" that the priest shall say "You must kiss the bride" to the groom.

So CP Frederik and CPss Mary did it after the book, so to speak :flowers:

But they still did it. ;)

Indeed it is, that is history right there. I pulled an all nighter for Diana's funeral as well.
Good for you! I took time off from work myself.... and not only that, I am having a royal wedding tiara party, sleepover with some girlfriends from high school. we will have a mini-wedding cake, mimosa's (champagne with orange juice), and I had custom t-shirts made for the occassion with Royal Wedding on the front in crystals, and Princess (insert name here) with 3 cats walking with tiaras in the back (1 for each of us) talk about getting carried away........:lol:

firebee34 said:
I just happened to come across this article in people magazine. It's about the Emmanuels having a back up dress for Diana (never revealed before now). I must admit that I'm glad she wore the original version. I heard that Sarah had an emergency back up dress with a shorter train. Now I'm wondering if Kate has a back up dress too. Princess Diana's Spare Wedding Dress Revealed - Weddings, Kate Middleton, Prince William, Princess Diana, The British Royals : People.com

Looks like wings!

http://m.usmag.com/v/CelebNews/WillKateMiddletonRea/?KSID=a98086c928a9f0d82d4c6e0159fb0bd2

Kate's 6 hairdressers!

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/238561/Royal-guests-terror-fear

Last edited:
A Royal Prenup for Prince William and Kate Middleton?

Does Prince Will need a pre-nup? This fluff piece asks that question - but also gives an estimate of his worth - a mere $45 million (don't know what that is in pounds these days).
He also has land, lots of it but that is beside the point. A pre-nup would prevent any children of the marriage leaving the country without the consent of he crown.

You only have to look at Christina Onasis' daughter to see what happens when you get brought up outside the country of your inheritance.

PrincessKaimi said:
A Royal Prenup for Prince William and Kate Middleton?

Does Prince Will need a pre-nup? This fluff piece asks that question - but also gives an estimate of his worth - a mere $45 million (don't know what that is in pounds these days).

IMO a pre-nup would be neccessary for a marriage like this - there is more then just a 'normal' marriage involved but I bet that's pretty standard to the RF (nowadays) it is in someways a business....as unromantic as it sounds I imagine Kate knew that was part of the deal....I Also believe that Kate and William won't have any cause to enforce it

FasterB said:
Yes, but it was not a part of the ceremony. They were on their way out of the church. That´s a big difference, IMO.

I never said it was part of the ceremony, I said they kissed in the church. Which they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom