Twin Prince and Princess for Frederik & Mary: January 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had the exact same thought, Madame Royal ;) They could indeed surprise us and do it that way.

Or maybe there is a christening gown from CPss Mary´s family they can use :)

But would a christening gown used by Mary's family then be considered a part of Danish hsitory, and as such, would then be expected to remain in Denmark being that it was used for the christening of a royal prince/princess? :)

Dos anyone think they may use the same robe and as with the celebratory gun saltue having been 20 minutes apart on the occasion of their birth, that maybe they will christen the children 20 minutes apart giving them enough time to use the gown for both children?

Now that even reads to me as rather unlikley, I'm sure :D but, it was just a thought.

:lol: You're right. Rather unlikely but it was an entertaining idea.

ETA: Thank you for translating that for us Muhler.:flowers:
As always, it was a pleasure reading the way the CP felt during this momentus time.

Dos anyone think they may use the same robe and as with the celebratory gun saltue having been 20 minutes apart on the occasion of their birth, that maybe they will christen the children 20 minutes apart giving them enough time to use the gown for both children?

Now that even reads to me as rather unlikley, I'm sure :D but, it was just a thought.

I think that is entirely possible...I had this theory and posted it awhile back...I think a twin christening would warrant a short interval and costume switch ;) And I think Mary and Fred being sticklers for tradition would be open to it and do it for continuity and history...

I think its possible too. That's what I was thinking when I posted this question.

Well, who knows, maybe they will be thinking along the same lines as us ;)

Personally, I'd much rather see the children christended in the same robe.

I personally think that sounds very likely...not that they will wait 20 minutes between the baptisms, there's really no reason for that, but the gown change sounds like a very good idea. They could baptize the older one (the boy I think?), take the babies out of the room for a couple minutes, put the special gown on the girl, then bring them back in and christen her. The child who is not being baptized at the moment could just wear a nice, new gown. It would be unfair for one child to be baptized in the special gown and the other one not be, and I also think it would be unfair if neither of them got to wear the special gown that their siblings were able to wear, just because they're twins.

Well, they cant just very well up and leave and change a baby into such an elaborate christening robe in a few minutes ;)

I mentioned a 20 minute difference between 'each' christening in reflection of the time (or near enough too, as a rough estimate for the purpose of discussion) between each little royal making their entrance into the world. But, 20 minutes would be a tad much, so perhaps anywhere between 5 and 10.

After the little boy is christened (as I'd imagine he would be first), a hymn could play which would allow the parents and children to relocate to a room off the side, change the babies into the gown and an appropriate outfit of some description and then re-emerge when the hymn has been played.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the Crown Princely Couple. I couldn't wait to hear the names of the twins.

Well, they cant just very well up and leave and change a baby into such an elaborate christening robe in a few minutes ;)

I mentioned a 20 minute difference between 'each' christening in reflection of the time (or near enough too, as a rough estimate for the purpose of discussion) between each little royal making their entrance into the world. But, 20 minutes would be a tad much, so perhaps anywhere between 5 and 10.

After the little boy is christened (as I'd imagine he would be first), a hymn could play which would allow the parents and children to relocate to a room off the side, change the babies into the gown and an appropriate outfit of some description and then re-emerge when the hymn has been played.
Fantastic idea. How about using the same shawls they were wrapped in when they left the hospital? Weren't they both knitted by Mary's mother? There are 2 of them and the shawls are pretty enough to be used at the christening when the babies are not in the royal christening robe.

A second idea, why not have 2 christening gowns made in Denmark based on the original royal christening gown. The new gowns can have the same satin undergown with an overlay of Danish lace. There was a lace-maker Astrid Hansen, who made a lace handkerchief for Mary's wedding. The pattern of the lace was a well-known Danish pattern from the town of Tonder called "Denmark's Great Heart". Why not get some of the best Danish lace-makers and all of them can make the gowns? Then the gowns can be used in future generations by Isabella and the twins for the christening of their children.

Last edited:
Weren't they both knitted by Mary's mother?
I´m not sure it has been stated as a fact that they were knitted by CPss Mary´s mother.

I have suggested that they were and that Aunt Jane brought hers with her from Australia, but I haven´t seen/read/heard anything about it that could be a fact :flowers:

I´m not sure it has been stated as a fact that they were knitted by CPss Mary´s mother.

I have suggested that they were and that Aunt Jane brought hers with her from Australia, but I haven´t seen/read/heard anything about it that could be a fact :flowers:
Oh O.K.!:flowers: Well, if Mary brought them, then they certainly are very beautiful!

Thank you very much!:flowers:

Awww. That was so sweet! :wub: I don't know why some saw this as a negative thing :rolleyes: It was such an adorable moment! They only kissed on the lips like for a split second though. The rest of the time she was talking to him close up. She must've been telling him how proud she was because he had a huge smile on his face! Must've been special judging by Queen Margrethe II and Prince Joachim's reactions.

On topic now...if this took place around May/June then it's a possiblilty they were conceived here!:D

Oh, what a beautiful moment between the two of them!! They seem so much in love and Prince Frederik seems such a loving husband. Simply the man every woman would want to marry and have children with!!:wub:

I am sure both Christian and Isabella are thrilled with their new siblings.
However, I believe that Christian is more calm and independent and will accept their presence in their home easily compared to Isabella, who seems to completely adore her mother.

Well, of course, she is very young, but I think she will have a hard time sharing her mother with the newborn twins. On the other hand, Christian has been through this before and I think that it made him more independent and confident.

Last edited by a moderator:
The twins coloring looked very good- they are tiny, but that is too be expected. Babies often loose a little weight after they are born and get adjusted to nursing.

Congratulations to CP Mary and CP Fred! Isabella and Christian will make fantastic big siblings! Mommy and Daddy's little helpers! The twins are absolutely adorable. I wish them all long happy and healthy lives!

I really cannot wait until we get to see the first official photos! I remember when the first photos of Isabella came out and she was so cute with those big blue eyes wide open. :) I want to see if the twins look like their big sister and big brother. I secretly wish at least one of them would get brown eyes like mother Mary.

Wouldn't that be something! They already have the perfect 2 boys & 2 girls. It would be even more fantastic if the twins have Mary's brown eyes, especially since the twin boy looks like Christian and the twin girl looks like Isabella.

I'm also looking forward to seeing the first official photos of the twins. They looked really cute in their little blankets when they left the hospital. I thought that the little girl looked a lot like Isabella. The little boy looks like a combination of both Christian and Isabella.

Summary of article in BT. Joachim har mødt tvillingerne: De er nuser - Royale - BT.dk
Joachim har mødt tvillingerne: De er nuser - Joachim has met the twins: They are cutesy.
Written by: Sisse Sejr-Nørgaard & Karina Svendsgaard.

The press caught up with Joachim, la Marie and bette Henrik at Egeskov Catsle on the island of Funen.
Recently returned from a long planned holiday in Spain and Florida Joachim told about his new nephew and niece to the press.

As you know Joachim and the fair Marie did not visit Mary at Rigshospitalet as they were on holiday. Joachim explained:
"With the busy everyday life, we live... If we have to be slaves of everything being planned beforehand, then we also take the luxury of planning our own vacation in advance".

Q: Were you (formal you, naurally) annoyed at missing the birth?
Joachim: "As said before, we knew beforehand, so we were just awaiting the news in excitement, and when we got it: Bingo! Then we were also the first to respond". (*)

He confirms: "Yes, we have seen the twins and they look so good. Good looking, sweet and cutesy".

Would they also like to have twins?
Joachim: "Ha, ha, ha, cool it now".

Joachim did not visit Mary at the hospital when she gave birth to Christian and Isabella.

Joachim and our Marie were at Egeskov Castle for the yearly meeting in the Danish Potato Council, but details about that belongs in the Joachim thread.

(*) Could indicate Joachim heard about it on the news and texted a message to his brother.

When was it that we saw the first official pictures of Christian and Isabella after their births? I can't wait to see the first familypictures from Mary, Frederik and their four kids, maybe surrounded by the grandparents, that would be lovely!

Sorry for the OT, but I just got to know. What's with the "bette Henrik"? I've seen it before but I've sort of thought of it as a translation error of some sort. The word 'bette' makes me think of Bette Davis or that he's as pretty as a girl or something. :lol:

Does anyone know if there are any brown-eyed people on Frederik's side of the family? I know that the way eye colour is determined is much more complicated than people previously thought but just out of curiosity. The twins might have blue eyes but then again they might get hazel eyes, green eyes or any kind of combination of these.

I believe that Frederik's cousin, Grégoire de Monpezat has brown eyes. I think most of the de Monpezat family has blue eyes.

I hope we will see some official pictures by this weekend of the end of it.

Sorry for the OT, but I just got to know. What's with the "bette Henrik"? I've seen it before but I've sort of thought of it as a translation error of some sort. The word 'bette' makes me think of Bette Davis or that he's as pretty as a girl or something. :lol:

Bette is Danish for little :lol: It is used to make sure that nobody thinks of Margrethes husband while Henrik junior is meant :lol:

I fear I must take responsibility for that one. :)

Before the little Prince Henrik was christened, one of the tabloids named him bette Jokke. Jokke is Joachim's nick name.
After the christening, that was changed to bette Henrik.
I liked that, so I've adopted that nickname and now consistently refer to little Prince Henrik as bette Henrik.

Bette is Jutlandic dialect for wee, little or small.

ADDED: Like Sternchen has explained. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom