The Prince of Wales Current Events 8: January-April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince decides to avoid Dalai Lama during visit
March 19

To the relief, no doubt, of Gordon Brown, the Prince of Wales has taken the difficult decision not to receive the Dalai Lama when he visits London in May. "He has no plans to do so," his spokesman, Paddy Harverson, confirms.

Mandrake - Telegraph

I wonder what is true?:rolleyes:

Prince Charles to meet Dalai Lama
March 19

The Prince of Wales is to meet the Dalai Lama when he visits Britain in May, the Prince's spokesman has said.

The Press Association: Prince Charles to meet Dalai Lama

March 19

The Prince of Wales is to meet the Dalai Lama when he visits Britain in May, the Prince's spokesman has said.

The Telegraph got it wrong. It was announced on Wednesday, in PM's questions that Brown was going to meet the Dalai Lama, whereas the Telegraph was telling us all that Brown was not going to meet him. It was announced this morning that Charles had also arranged a meeting. :flowers:

Unauthorised working methods. :flowers:

Thank you.:flowers: I checked this term and found that it means in most cases what we call "ungerechtfertigte Bereicherung" - unjust enrichment by employees who take advantages from their employer they are not entitled to. Like asking for reimboursements of costs they didn't have etc. Well. I guess in such a traditional household you could find lots of such ancient allowances without any modern need.

When i´m looking for some pics of Charles, skiing in Klosters, isifa ( photo agency) gives me these images:

Fotobanka isifa image service

I can maybe see William and Kate there ( at Klosters and not Davos...) but where is the Prince of Wales?
If someone could help me to find Charles, i would be grateful...:ohmy::whistling:

:easterbasket: Happy Easter to all of you!

Last edited:
When i´m looking for some pics of Charles, skiing in Klosters, isifa ( photo agency) gives me these images:

I can maybe see William and Kate there ( at Klosters and not Davos...) but where is the Prince of Wales?
If someone could help me to find Charles, i would be grateful...:ohmy::whistling:

:easterbasket: Happy Easter to all of you!

I noticed that as well! Where's Charles? Is he in Klosters at all?

I noticed that as well! Where's Charles? Is he in Klosters at all?

Perhaps not. He was still in London on Thursday as he was handing out awards for his Foundation for Integrated Medicine. So he could only have arrived on the slopes on Friday - if he did - and he has to be back in England by Wednesday for the State visit of President Sarkozy.

Royal recycler Charles gives favourite ski suit another outing
March 24

The Duchess of Cornwall caught the attention of royal watchers last summer when she gave her ivory-hued Robinson Valentine wedding ensemble another airing and revealed she's a natural when it comes to sartorial recycling. And judging by her husband's appearance on the slopes this week, it's not hard to see whose lead she follows.

Royal recycler Charles gives favourite ski suit another outing

March 19

It seemed that Daily Telegraph got ealier news than the Press Association. The department of Foreign Affairs won't allow Prince Charles to meet Dalai Lama unless Mr. Gordon Brown agree o meet him at the first place. Later Mr. Downing Street announced that the PM will meet Dalai Lama and then the Press Associate published the updated news.

Personally I don't want Prince Charles's any behaviour to be used as a tool promoted as the idea of he against Chinese officials, just like his decision not to go to Beijing Olympics Games.

Last edited:
It seemed that Daily Telegraph got ealier news than the Press Association. The department of Foreign Affairs won't allow Prince Charles to meet Dalai Lama unless Mr. Gordon Brown agree o meet him at the first place. Later Mr. Downing Street announced that the PM will meet Dalai Lama and then the Press Associate published the updated news.

Personally I don't want Prince Charles's any behaviour to be used as a tool promoted as the idea of he against Chinese officials, just like his decision not to go to Beijing Olympics Games.
The Telegraph got it wrong, CH announced that Charles would be meeting the Dalai Lama before Brown's decision was made public during PM's questions!

Charles IMO, has a great deal of sympathy for the Tibetan people and of course the Dalai Lama. Some people are trying to make issue out of Charles' non attendance, when in fact he was not invited and as his history shows, he has only ever attended one Olympics, when Anne was competing IIR.
-----------------------------------------------
Prince Charles intends to hold talks with the Dalai Lama when he visits Britain in May and will not attend the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympics in August, a British royal family spokesman said Monday (24 Mar).

http://www.mysinchew.com/node/8992

Prince quizzes health chiefs
March 28

PRINCE Charles has involved himself in a growing campaign to save a Lynn care home from closure.

Prince quizzes health chiefs - Lynn News

Prince Charles turns storyteller at cumbrian village school
April 2
It was story time with a difference for children at a Cumbria primary school this week as the Prince Of Wales dropped by to read them The Tale Of Peter Rabbit.

Prince Charles turns storyteller at Cumbrian village school

Prince of Wales´ village is an ´ego boost´
April 4
The Prince of Wales has been accused by a Cabinet minister of creating his 400-acre village of Poundbury to boost his ego.

Prince of Wales' village is an 'ego boost' - Telegraph :bang:

Charles´ serious portrait
April 3
Britain's Prince Charles has been portrayed looking serious and troubled in a new royal portrait.

Charles' serious portrait - Royal Watch :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cape wishes Charles happy birthday
theBookseller.com

Quality counts for Prince Charles' visit
Quality counts for Prince Charles' visit - Lakeland Today
progress.gif

Last edited:
Mariah has royal crush
April 15
(...) I rather fancy Prince Charles. He is suave, educated and is a great role model."
Mariah has royal crush - Mirror.co.uk

Prince Charles´Environmental Education Treehouse Center
April 16
http://www.inhabitat.com/2008/04/16/prince-charles-environmental-education-treehouse-center/

Memorable visit to Royal gardens
April 16
Memorable Visit To Royal Gardens (from Malvern Gazette)

Prince of Wales´s guide to alternative medicine ´inaccurate´
April 17
The Prince of Wales is being challenged today to withdraw two guides promoting alternative medicine, by scientists who say that they make misleading and inaccurate claims about its benefits.
Prince of Wales's guide to alternative medicine ‘inaccurate’ - Times Online

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics 22.4.2008

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales samples curry 'Fit for a King' as he
visits the Muslim Resource Centre in Coventry which promotes
healthy eating amongst the Asian community Coventry, England
- 22.04.08 - he obviously had a lot of fun again :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Thank you for posting so many nice pics from the events yesterday!:flowers:

PRINCE CHARLES and Gordon Brown will address an audience of top business people on May 1 on the issue of climate change.

Business summit on climate change - icWales

April 25
Prince Charles visits North Wales

Prince Charles visits North Wales – PICTURE SPECIAL - Wrexham Leader

The Press Association: Prince Charles visits Welsh gardens

Prince Charles opens new NWN Media Press Centre - Wrexham Leader

Prince Charles visits Bodnant Garden, Tal-Y-Cafn, Conwy, Wales

Milla Ca,
Thank you so much for posting the articles on the trip to Wales. The slide show was fantastic. Very much a must see place for gardening enthusiasts.:flowers::clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom